Daily Check In Thread

Options

Replies

• Yogamat316
    Yogamat316 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Omg! Just did w5d1 and, you guys, *kitten* JUST GOT REAL!!! I did it, but now I can't look ahead, anymore, because I'll chicken out!!! Yaaaayyyy!!!
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    lol @Yogamat316 so true. that is exactly what i did. i stopped looking at the intervals and just at the total time (so i knew how early i had to get up) because i was afraid of chickening out.
  • zmcgrandles
    zmcgrandles Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    W5D2 so far for me 20 mins running on Friday starting to look forward to it I think.
  • snha
    snha Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    W11D1--done

TODAY’s RUN: I was doing Bridge-to-10K W11D1 and now I get it, more so than ever—I could have kept going and going: my muscles were relaxed, my breathing was comfortable, I was enjoying the run—steady pace with what seemed to be limitless energy. Amazing and strange! I stuck with the program and its plan though, just to be on the safe side. Wow, I think I am discovering running!
  • taeliesyn
    taeliesyn Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    snha wrote: »
    W11D1--done

TODAY’s RUN: I was doing Bridge-to-10K W11D1 and now I get it, more so than ever—I could have kept going and going: my muscles were relaxed, my breathing was comfortable, I was enjoying the run—steady pace with what seemed to be limitless energy. Amazing and strange! I stuck with the program and its plan though, just to be on the safe side. Wow, I think I am discovering running!

@snha jump over to the Bridge210K group ( http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/526-bridge-to-10k ) . We don't bite :) Then come back here to cheer everyone on, who is working through C25K.
  • Six5
    Six5 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Repeated W3D3 today and kicked it's *kitten*. When I did it on Sunday, I couldn't make it all the way through the last 3 min running interval. Ready for week 4!
  • ellerist
    ellerist Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Completed W4D1 today - the longer run times are beginning to mess with my head. I don't believe I can make it. *just one more step*
  • mack427
    mack427 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Going for W5D2 tomorrow. Was hesitant about D1 but I got through it. I am actually looking forward to D2. We'll see. ;)
  • mbaker566
    Options
    i think the thing to remember is with the longer runs and as intimidating as they are...our bodies know what to do. and if you don't let your brain win, your legs will keep chugging along.

at least that's what i discovered last weekend when my brain kept saying "you can't run an hour without stopping"
  • samhennings
    samhennings Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Ive ditched the plan now. Completed WK7 last week and didnt see the point continuing with the podcast, the music sucks.

So I laid out a 5k course and ran that this morning with my own tunes on. Completed 5k in 32 minutes.

Walked for a few short spells to recover but otherwise running all the way.

Now I think Ill spend a little time running 5k to see if I can get my time down/havbe fewer breathers.

C25K is awesome, a few months ago I struggled with the 90 sec runs on week 2!
  • sfinsc
    sfinsc Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Started week 4 today...whew! I had built it up into this big, scary thing in my head but it wasn't bad at all. That last five-minute run was a bit challenging, but not bad at all. Love the runner's high. :blush:
  • sfinsc
    Options
    915kat wrote: »
    So finished week 1 today of baby steps to 5k. Its so encouraging to see where everyone else is.

AWESOME!!!!! Welcome and congrats on taking that first step!!
  • sfinsc
    Options
    moyer566 wrote: »
    sfinsc wrote: »
    I finally got back to C25K after a week away. Decided to redo week 3. So glad I went! Also, my clothes are much looser now, so clearly I've lost inches, but the scale won't budge from 137.6...so frustrating! Any tips from those who've been there? I've been great about sticking to my 1200 calorie a day plan.

Just be patient and hopefully the woosh will come. I have a tendency to get stuck for a month. and I'll loose and inch or two, and then suddenly I'll loose a few pounds.

Thank you! You were right--I lost another pound after three weeks of nothing! Perhaps getting closer to my goal weight means a lessened frequency of quick and fast weight loss, which is something I need to get used to...
  • faithan84
    faithan84 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    W13D3 done. I pushed myself on Sunday to do an extra mile and it went okay so yesterday I added another 10 minute run interval! About 4 miles of running in my intervals! Woo hoo! I'm always surprised to look at my stats when I'm done. Not only can I run a mile, but I can do it four times!

In other news, I'm bummed. The 5K that I had planned on signing up for disappeared on active.com. I can't find it. :confused: I'll have to figure out another one for November!
  • mbaker566
    Options
    moyer566 wrote: »
    I finally got back to C25K after a week away. Decided to redo week 3. So glad I went! Also, my clothes are much looser now, so clearly I've lost inches, but the scale won't budge from 137.6...so frustrating! Any tips from those who've been there? I've been great about sticking to my 1200 calorie a day plan.

Just be patient and hopefully the woosh will come. I have a tendency to get stuck for a month. and I'll loose and inch or two, and then suddenly I'll loose a few pounds.

Thank you! You were right--I lost another pound after three weeks of nothing! Perhaps getting closer to my goal weight means a lessened frequency of quick and fast weight loss, which is something I need to get used to...

it happened to me this weekend. just stationary for a month and then bam! bf heard me yell and asked if i was alright :wink:

@samhennings Yours had music? mine didn't so i ran my music in the background. depending on my mood.

@faithan84 great work. and how disappointing

everyone is doing so well

come one @snha join us. we have cookies. ok not really but join us
  • snha
    snha Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    @taeliesyn on my way :) thanks for letting me know of the group. had no idea.
    @moyer566 did you mean the bridge to ten k? am joining as we speak :)

Everybody else, you're doing awesome!
  • mbaker566
    Options
    yup good to see ya :)
  • MimiOfTheLusciousLawn
    MimiOfTheLusciousLawn Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    Ive ditched the plan now. Completed WK7 last week and didnt see the point continuing with the podcast, the music sucks.

So I laid out a 5k course and ran that this morning with my own tunes on. Completed 5k in 32 minutes.

Walked for a few short spells to recover but otherwise running all the way.

Now I think Ill spend a little time running 5k to see if I can get my time down/havbe fewer breathers.

C25K is awesome, a few months ago I struggled with the 90 sec runs on week 2!

Fantastic time, congratulations!
  • MimiOfTheLusciousLawn
    MimiOfTheLusciousLawn Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    W5d2 is in the books, and I finished my last run with a 17 minute FULL mile - first time I've ever run a whole mile without stopping! Woohoo!
  • Six5
    Six5 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    ellerist wrote: »
    Completed W4D1 today - the longer run times are beginning to mess with my head. I don't believe I can make it. *just one more step*
    Same. I stopped looking at the intervals because I was getting myself all worked up before even leaving the house.