Daily Check In Thread

Options

Replies

• Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options
    I keep forgetting to check in, but I'm still running!! :blush:

Ok, so last week was week 4. Funny story - all of week 3 I struggled to run the 3 minute runs. I was even thinking of repeating the week. But I decided to keep on with week 4 and if I couldn't run day 1, then I'd repeat week 3. I ran it and I was fine! :smile: On week 4 day 2, I realized that the 'completed' checkmark wasn't on W4D1... but on week 5 day 1!! I had accidentally clicked that week instead... and I ran it fine!! I was so surprised that I was able to run the three 5 minute runs without even realizing it. I finished the rest of the week with week 4... with a confidence of knowing I could make it!! :blush:

Today I completed Week 5 day 2... I didn't even realize the time had almost run out when I heard, "One minute left". I'm hoping I can complete day 3... a whole 20 minute run. :relaxed:

One question though... is it normal that I am running slower as the running time increases? Or should I be running at the same speed or faster each week?
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    @Lasmartchika It is normal to run slower as the running time increases. You are building endurance now. Speed will come later.
  • BeckyAnn71
    BeckyAnn71 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    snha wrote: »
    @BeckyAnn71 I don't have an answer to your question about the dust (I run on paved surfaces), but welcome and good for you taking the step to run. See you around.
    Thank you!
    taeliesyn wrote: »
    BeckyAnn71 wrote: »
    I have a question. How does one deal with the bark dust getting into your shoes and creating slivers? I did have to stop briefly for one, but the rest I just tolerated.

I'm not exactly sure what you mean by bark dust (I don't know the term) but I know a lot of trail runners use items called "Gaiters" these are usually elastic at the top either above your ankle, or near your knee, and attach to the shoe somehow to help stop stuff getting in.

Omg! Thank you, that's exactly what I needed to know. I have never heard of anything like these, I will have to get me some!

• juliet3455
    juliet3455 Posts: 3,015 Member
    Options
    @BeckyAnn171 Try looking for them in your local Running Shoe Speciality Store and what I would call an Outdoor Speciality Sports Store that caters to Backpackers and hikers. Bring your shoes with you and make sure you let them know what you are using them for - they will need to ensure that they fit the shoes and your calf.
  • snha
    snha Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    wk9d2 4.75 miles!
  • katharmonic
    katharmonic Posts: 5,720 Member
    Options
    Good job everyone!

I'm not doing my C25K plan anymore since I joined a Walk-to-run group, but it's a similar concept. Today in our weekly group meeting we did 10 minutes of hill running, jogging up and walking back down. OMG, so exhausting and so hot. But I did it.

This weekend I'm going to time myself doing 5K. I will try to run for at least 15 minutes and walk the rest. We'll see how it goes.
  • dedicatedlurker
    dedicatedlurker Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Great job everyone!

I started a 5to10K program at W1-1 today. It was a shorter time frame than I'd been doing, so I decided to try and go a little faster. I'm not entirely sure that was a good idea, but I finished it :)
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    @dedicatedlurker good job finishing the day and challenging yourself

@snha great! i bet it felt good to do it
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options
    Thanks @Just_Ceci!! Today I finished week 5... and I totally made it!! I ran all of those 20 minutes!! I'm so excited!! :drinker:

• Magic_Chicken
    Magic_Chicken Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Just_Ceci wrote: »
    @Lasmartchika It is normal to run slower as the running time increases. You are building endurance now. Speed will come later.

I have also noticed I'm running much much slower as the distance increases. But I guess speed will come with time.

Completed w7d1 today

• faithan84
    faithan84 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    W11D4 of my C25K plan! I had been feeling kind of bleh the last few days, and this run really put me back on track. I kept a decent place considering I was pushing a stroller! 3.67 miles in 45 minutes. 15 minutes walking, 30 minutes running!
  • Endofmytether
    Endofmytether Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Finished my 5k runner app today
  • snha
    Options
    W9d3

4.35 miles
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    Finished my 5k runner app today

h4zdhbw23j86.gif
  • mack427
    mack427 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Just finished w3d3! A bit nervous about w4 :o
  • samra338
    samra338 Posts: 2,622 Member
    Options
    Great running, everyone!
    @mack427 Well done on completing W3. Slow down as much as you need to and you will be all right. Good luck!
  • snha
    edited September 2015
    Options
    great running everyone. you keep me motivated. ran 4.56 miles. but brought my pace for 5k under 10 minute per mile: 9:59 :)

w10d1 done!
  • sfinsc
    sfinsc Posts: 169 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    moyer566 wrote: »
    It's based on your google searches. @sfinsc
    mine is all medical stuff :open_mouth:

mines shoes ;)

Haha, I don't think the targeted ads are doing their job this time...I've never searched for chocolate/treats online!
  • sfinsc
    Options
    I finally got back to C25K after a week away. Decided to redo week 3. So glad I went! Also, my clothes are much looser now, so clearly I've lost inches, but the scale won't budge from 137.6...so frustrating! Any tips from those who've been there? I've been great about sticking to my 1200 calorie a day plan.
  • sfinsc
    Options
    Good job everyone!

My plan had been to add a lap (0.25 km) every session until I worked up to 5K. Instead, I felt pretty good today, so I just went ahead to 5K right away :lol:

So now I'll keep doing that, and try to increase my pace.
    Amazing!! That's very inspiring.