Daily Check In Thread

Options

Replies

• Six5
    Six5 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    finished w2 today. usually I run one day and walk the next. I've skipped the walks in favor of a run for 3 days and I feel great! I'm getting a little faster because today I went a quarter of a mile farther than before. :smile:
  • faithan84
    faithan84 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    W12D1 today... I kept watch of when I reached 5K.... 33:20!!! So excited to see that!

Also, anyone have any luck running with a friend while training? I left my friend in the dust today. :blush:
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    sfinsc wrote: »
    I finally got back to C25K after a week away. Decided to redo week 3. So glad I went! Also, my clothes are much looser now, so clearly I've lost inches, but the scale won't budge from 137.6...so frustrating! Any tips from those who've been there? I've been great about sticking to my 1200 calorie a day plan.

Just be patient and hopefully the woosh will come. I have a tendency to get stuck for a month. and I'll loose and inch or two, and then suddenly I'll loose a few pounds.
  • Six5
    Options
    W3D1 today in the rain! Proud of myself for running despite the weather and also proud that I made it through all the intervals (even when the last 3 min was uphill!) without stopping to walk. My legs really felt like lead at the end of that interval.
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options
    I did W6D1. I know I ran faster because 1) I covered more distance than usual, and 2) I was huffing and puffing two times during my run that I did take a few walking steps then continued with my run.
  • Magic_Chicken
    Magic_Chicken Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    hey fellow runners, hope youre all getting on ok.

W7d2 today and i found it soo tough, i had to stop and wait at the crossing at about 23 min in and i didnt think my legs were going to move again, i was frozen to the spot, haha. but managed to get going again and even ran an extra min in to the cool down to make up for stopping, hehe.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    @Magic_Chicken good job. that can be super hard
    @Lasmartchika good work
    @Six5 I prefer running in the rain right now. cools me off and i feel like i can run better
  • snha
    snha Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    w10d2 done.
  • dedicatedlurker
    dedicatedlurker Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Tried W1-2 of my 5to10K today, but got going late. I was in a weird place where I wasn't feeling up to it, but wanted to go try anyway. I only got halfway through and then walked.

Next time!
  • samhennings
    samhennings Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    mack427 wrote: »
    Just finished w3d3! A bit nervous about w4 :o

Dont be! Be positive!

I was nervous going into W4 and that worry just drained my energy, I defeated myself and ended up dropping the plan for a few weeks.

When I gathered myself and went again it was with a "Just go for it" attitude and I breezed through that week

You can do it!
  • faithan84
    Options
    W12D3 done. It felt a little tough. I traded a few run minutes for waking minutes, but I did finish the entire run time.
  • Magic_Chicken
    Magic_Chicken Posts: 141 Member
    Options

You can do it!

Yes we can!!! Keep it up everyone :smiley:

W7D3 today

• Six5
    Options
    W3D2 today. Took a real rest day yesterday and shaved 2 min off my time without making a conscious effort to do so. Just ran it out with the music. :D
  • sfinsc
    sfinsc Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Finished my second time around with week 3 today! On Saturday I begin week 4...running 5 minutes straight. Yikes! I'm nervous, but excited to push myself and see if I can do it.
  • faithan84
    Options
    W12D4 done today in the misty rain! I'm still kind of surprised about how much I'm capable of doing. This plan truly works!!! Stick with it, and you'll be amazed what you can do! I'm getting excited because I got new exercise tank top, jacket, and shorts on sale at Target! These will be my outfit for my 5K in November! I feel like I'll be more than ready, and that's crazy considering where I've come from... not even being able to run for 30 seconds! Sorry for all the !!! I'm feeling good today. :blush:
  • 915kat
    915kat Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    So finished week 1 today of baby steps to 5k. Its so encouraging to see where everyone else is.
  • JullesBurn
    JullesBurn Posts: 18 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Can someone please explain the D part of Week X Day X?

I'm on my seventh day of Week 1 since starting with MFP - and I've run 4 of the 7 days, including just now.

P.S. I love seeing sweat on my body - it's so shiny!
  • faithan84
    Options
    915kat wrote: »
    So finished week 1 today of baby steps to 5k. Its so encouraging to see where everyone else is.

Go you! I didn't know there was a baby steps to 5K program. I made my program extra long because I'm taking baby steps too!

JullesBurn wrote: »

I'm on my seventh day of Week 1 since starting with MFP - and I've run 4 of the 7 days, including just now.

Congrats on finishing your first week! Most people don't run every day. My plan is set up for 4 days a week, so for instance, today was the first run of my 13th week running, so that's W(eek)13 D(ay)1.

I ended up running an extra mile today because I was running late! I wasn't sure how my body would handle it, but I did just fine. :smiley:
  • GillianLF
    GillianLF Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Completed week 5, day 2 today. Feeling it now. The next one is 20 minutes running with no break. Looking forward to it :)
  • ftrobbie
    ftrobbie Posts: 1,017 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    JullesBurn wrote: »

The c25k has 3 running days every week, so people refer to W(week) x then D(day) y. So the D refers to either the first, second or third running day of that particular week. In the early weeks when they all look the same, it makes no difference but when you get to week 5 you will see the difference. Week 5 normally freaks people out but if you have done the previous 4 weeks diligently you can do week 5. Week 5 is when you realise that you just need to run slower.

Hope it helps and good luck on your journey.