Daily Check In Thread

Options

Replies

• crista_b
    crista_b Posts: 1,192 Member
    Options
    Ok, need to share. So, I ran 2.01 miles straight this am!!! 25 minutes... but whatever, speed will come with time, I'm so amazed by the distance! Is it wrong that I might be in love with the C25k lady?? LOL If she were real, I would have kissed her this morning when she announced I was done and had run 2.01 miles!!!

I literally remember at the end of day 1 thinking "there's no freaking way... I can't do this".... and now I'm thinking "uh oh... I just completed week 7, what am I going to do when I'm done after week 9?" It's amazing how true "trust the training" is!!!!
    Great job!!!

You can do the 10k training after week 9 :wink:
  • Dancesintherain75
    Options
    Ok, need to share. So, I ran 2.01 miles straight this am!!! 25 minutes... but whatever, speed will come with time, I'm so amazed by the distance! Is it wrong that I might be in love with the C25k lady?? LOL If she were real, I would have kissed her this morning when she announced I was done and had run 2.01 miles!!!

I literally remember at the end of day 1 thinking "there's no freaking way... I can't do this".... and now I'm thinking "uh oh... I just completed week 7, what am I going to do when I'm done after week 9?" It's amazing how true "trust the training" is!!!!
    Great job!!!

That's what I was thinking... but then got scared LOL guess the mind still has to catch up a little!! I am definitely going to do it though. Figure what better way to buid up my speed for a 5k than to build up enough edurance for a 10k ;)
  • crista_b
    Options

Great job!!!

That's what I was thinking... but then got scared LOL guess the mind still has to catch up a little!! I am definitely going to do it though. Figure what better way to buid up my speed for a 5k than to build up enough edurance for a 10k ;)
    I've been doing the Zen Labs c210k app since the first 8 weeks are the 5k training. I'm done with the 5k portion now and moving on even though I'm only at 2.5 miles instead of a full 5k, but I figure if I can get through the 10k training, I can definitely do a 5k.
  • btsinmd
    btsinmd Posts: 921 Member
    Options

That's my thinking too. I'm going to run W9D3 this weekend and graduate, and then start the 5 to 10 K training. But I'm much slower than you. I run 1.8 miles in 30 minutes. I figure that by the end of the 10K training I might actually be running a 5K. :)
  • GlitterrMagpie
    GlitterrMagpie Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Week 6 Day 1 of C25K done. Found it tough going, maybe because it's so humid? Pouring with sweat by the end!
  • kiekie
    kiekie Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    So I completed C25k and I'm doing The Color Run on Sunday but ironically I think I'll be WALKING the majority of it as my knee hasn't got much better since Wednesday.

It wasn't even a running injury!

:cry:
  • resilient86
    Options
    Finished Week 6 Day 2 last night... had a little pain in my foot and I stupidly ran through it because I thought I was just being lazy. Nope...

First 5k for the summer is tomorrow and I hope I wake up with a perfectly healed foot in the morning! Wish me luck! :drinker:
  • ellepribro
    ellepribro Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Finished W1D3 today. It has been tough! I saw an improvement in my endurance already though!
  • FlabFighter86
    FlabFighter86 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Completed Week 5, Day 1. Ran a lot slower than usual because of the heat, but still managed no problem. Looking forward to the next podcast.
  • crista_b
    Options
    Finished C210K W8D3 - the end of the 5K portion. I did 2.5 miles in 34 minutes. My pace wasn't as good as my previous runs, but I'll take it; I think it was partly because of the heat. For some reason my body was rebelling and wanted to try to make me stop and walk at only 1 mile in (haha - I just said only 1 mile. I never would've thought that a couple months ago), but I pushed myself to keep running. The last half mile felt like it was going to kill me. I push HARD at a fast run for the last tenth of a mile. When I finally hit 2.5mi, I had to stop and lay in the grass for about 20 seconds because I felt like I would collapse if I kept walking.

Now on to 10K training starting this weekend! :happy:
  • BeingKevin
    BeingKevin Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Completed W7D3 tonight. I ran D2 slower than D1 but had heat/humidity issues to deal with, tonight I didn't have that issue but really struggled and was just able to match my D2 distance. This was as close as I came to walking - still not sure how I made it. Hoping this was just one of those days - W8 should be interesting.
  • CogitoErgoSum2
    CogitoErgoSum2 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    W8 D1 in the book. Yay!

Yesterday hopelessly drunk at a work conference and this morning the training felt a bit sluggish with the hangover.
    But. I. Did. It.

:happy:
  • CogitoErgoSum2
    CogitoErgoSum2 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I did it! Finished w9d3 today!

Now to find a 5k to run!

Congratulations!! :bigsmile:
  • Squirkie
    Squirkie Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Completed W7D3 this morning. Felt great. Even thought I could run a little more but didn't push it. Looking forward to W8 this week.
  • dandelyon
    dandelyon Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    I should have graduated today. But my running partner was being a stinker, so we did a lot of walking. I think I'm going to finish solo tomorrow.
  • kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,157 Member
    Options
    Week 8 day 3 done. I got further than I did in the other two days. I'm trying to plot it out on google maps and it's just a few feet short of two miles. I didn't want to use runkeeper because it tells you the time every five mins and I'm not up for that yet. It started raining on the walk back and it felt good :happy:

I'm going to NYC on Monday for a few days so week nine will wait until I get back. I'll have to run off all the calories from the bagels and pizza. I moved away 12 years ago and miss it, I need to go soak up the energy and food. I'll get some mileage in with walking though.
  • crista_b
    Options
    Week 8 day 3 done. I got further than I did in the other two days. I'm trying to plot it out on google maps and it's just a few feet short of two miles. I didn't want to use runkeeper because it tells you the time every five mins and I'm not up for that yet. It started raining on the walk back and it felt good :happy:
    You should be able to go into the runkeeper settings and turn off the voice cues so that it doesn't tell you the time. I used to have the cues on my MapMyRun app turned off, but now that I'm in the straight running portions, I set it to announce every half mile.
  • PinkNinjaLaura
    PinkNinjaLaura Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    Did Week 9 Day 2 today.

I am a real runner! Yesterday I bought a running shirt and shorts and today my dog and I went out running in the rain with me in my new clothes. No cotton at all. He was a little confused at first, being out with me in the rain, but he soon just went with it and we had a good run without having to deal with bikes on the bike path.

As with the last run, I wanted to quit during the last few minutes, but reminded myself that I had almost done it and if I quit I'd have to repeat this day. There is a real benefit to me in having a set program that I "have" to do rather than just a general "do some running". I have my 5 to 10K app bought and will be ready to start it next week.

I could have written this. Okay not the part about the dog because I don't have a dog and I don't see my cats wanting to run with me, but the rest of it. Bought new running clothes. Have finished more than one workout because I was almost done and didn't want to repeat. Totally need to have a set program to follow. Starting 5K-to-10K on Monday.
  • kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,157 Member
    Options
    You should be able to go into the runkeeper settings and turn off the voice cues so that it doesn't tell you the time. I used to have the cues on my MapMyRun app turned off, but now that I'm in the straight running portions, I set it to announce every half mile.

Thanks. I was hoping there was a way to kill the voice. I haven't played with the app yet, just the website. Once I get through week nine, I'll start using it.
  • PinkNinjaLaura
    PinkNinjaLaura Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    I finished C25K last week and am going to start 5K-to-10K on Monday, so this morning I used the free run option in my app and ran the 5K course I'm signed up for in August just to see how long it takes me. I was hoping to make the loop in 38 minutes and finished in 34:33. The start & finish lines must be staggered slightly for the race because according to my app I didn't quite go a full 5K, but still I was really happy with my time. I ran 2.05 miles on Wednesday at a pace of 13:00/mile and today went 2.94 at a pace of 11:45.

edited to fix a typo