Daily Check In Thread

Options

Replies

• Squirkie
    Squirkie Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Completed W6D3 yesterday and W7D1 this morning. Now its time to rest. Will probably walk the route tomorrow and try W7D2 Tuesday or Wednesday. I'm still extremely slow (18 min/mile) but it felt really good today when someone walking suggested that I could burn more fat walking briskly than running (she actually thought I was running :laugh: ) Eventually, I'll pick up speed but for now I am just grateful I can move and finish the segments without having to stop :smile:
  • ortega1990
    ortega1990 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    W7D1 today and I felt extremely tired. I think it's because I ran yesterday too and I should have rested or just walked today. There's something to be said about listening to your body!
  • ortega1990
    ortega1990 Posts: 236 Member
    Options

I want to do a 5k race sometime in the next month-ish. Anyone have any good sites to find them? I haven't found very many around me, but being in the Chicago suburbs, I feel like there should be more.

Before I started participating in 5Ks I didn't realize just how many take place. Google local running groups or local running/sports stores, as they always have events going on. Also active.com has listings. There's other athlete-type websites but I can't think of names right now.
  • JenniferPlus2
    JenniferPlus2 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I ran 3.11 miles for the second time in my life today. I did it 30 seconds faster than the first time, but I think I didn't have enough fuel when I went out running. I got a little light headed. My first real 5K is this Saturday in Austin! I am so excited!
  • kellzi89
    kellzi89 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    W4D3 Today Starting to get a bit nervous about Week 5. Week 4 almost killed me! I had to slow it down a bit to get through it! Argh and only 7 weeks till my 5k run
  • vet272
    vet272 Posts: 183
    Options
    C2 10K

W9D1 down and done.

40 minutes run was quite a challenge after running only 30 lastvweek. But I did it - albeit slowly.
  • tycamsdad
    tycamsdad Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    W6D3 in the books. Long runs from here on out so we will really see my progress.
  • BeingKevin
    BeingKevin Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Completed W7D1 last night. Ran 2.07 miles in 25 minutes.

I never really thought I would make it this far. Working through this program has giving me more confidence than anything I have ever done - I truly believe I can run a 5K in the next few weeks, as hard as that is to believe at times.
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    W9D1 done!

3 mi
    11:11 pace

I still can't believe I ran 3 miles without stopping! When I started this mid-April, the 1 minute runs were a challenge.
  • btsinmd
    btsinmd Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    Week 9 Day 1 done. Ran thirty minutes straight! The last few minutes were hard, but I'm so glad I succeeded!
  • spartania
    spartania Posts: 88
    Options
    Completed W7D1 today...the end is in sight!! I'm so excited. :)
  • PinkNinjaLaura
    PinkNinjaLaura Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    GRADUATION DAY! W9D3 complete!!! I can't believe how fast those 9 weeks went by.

Last summer I bought the 5K-to-10K app and didn't get very far, so I cleared out the info from last year and am going to start that next. I do better with a plan.

p.s. This morning I got my first blister in the entire 9 weeks.
  • Lyerin
    Lyerin Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    I completed week 7 on Saturday. It was so hot that I almost passed out afterwards, but I felt good during the run and made it farther this time than last time (8.75 laps at the track, so almost 2.25 miles in 25 minutes).

I was supposed to start week 8 today, but it was pouring this morning. I am planning to go this evening unless there are thunderstorms. If it is stormy, I will go on Wednesday, Friday and Sunday to complete week 8.
  • yamsteroo
    yamsteroo Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    I repeated W4 run today as I've been slack for the past 2 weeks due to holiday then a family emergency and didn't think doing the scheduled W5D1 was a good idea after a 2wk break.

I actually thought it might have been a bit much as I hadn't run in 2wks (though on holiday we were hiking and hill walking) but it was quite easy despite the heat - at the end I was a bit disappointed I hadn't just bit the bullet and started Wk5.

I did miss having my dog with me as she usually comes along and distracts me from thinking about how much I want to stop - it was much too warm for her even though it was before 7am. I guess I'll have to get used to going it alone until the UK summer comes to an end (probably in a week or so lol)
  • CogitoErgoSum2
    CogitoErgoSum2 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    W7 D2 done.
  • pamfm
    pamfm Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Was supposed to do week 3 day 1 today, but I got a late start, and my route isn't safe once the sun starts going down (narrow, winding farm road), so I did a 20 minute free-run instead of the normal 30-35 minutes. Made it 1.8 miles, and I think I ran for 15 of the 20 minutes... not too shabby. :happy:
  • Trent1612000
    Trent1612000 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    W1D3 complete! On to the next week!
  • dandelyon
    dandelyon Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    Week 9 day 1 done ;)

Little running buddy swore he couldn't do it. Bellyached for 29 minutes. We finally slowed down for our warmup walk and he started skipping down the road merrily and at an astounding pace. -_- running with a kid is always an adventure.
  • pmcbrady
    pmcbrady Posts: 31
    Options
    W3D2 again, heat and humidity killed me today even though I was out the door by 6:10 a.m. I need fall and also need to somehow get over the mental hurdle that seems to be stopping me on the 2nd 3 minute run about 1/2 way through! Back at it Thursday!! ugh
  • GlitterrMagpie
    GlitterrMagpie Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Week 5 day 3 tonight. 20 mins straight. Eek. Bit nervous that I won't be able to do it but trying to stay positive.