Daily Check In Thread

Options

Replies

• Stlarenas
    Stlarenas Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I technically ran the last day on the app yesterday. However, my pup stalled after the second mile (found some grass in the shade and literally laid down :D ). So we walked the last mile. We usually run at night, but since I was off work we went mid-morning. I think the sun was too hot for her black coat.

So I think I am going to repeat weeks 7 and 8 until I am comfortable with the 5k. I would really like to do it in under 30mins. Then maybe move on to the c210K program.
  • kiekie
    kiekie Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Week 8, Day 1 done.

4.5k in 29 minutes.

It was so hot and humid, not a very pleasant run really. I thought I'd have an easy run after pushing myself on Wednesday but didn't manage it. According to Map My Run, my pace was all over the place, which was exhausting. Really need practise pacing myself properly.
  • PinkNinjaLaura
    PinkNinjaLaura Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    Week 8, Day 1 done.

4.5k in 29 minutes.

It was so hot and humid, not a very pleasant run really. I thought I'd have an easy run after pushing myself on Wednesday but didn't manage it. According to Map My Run, my pace was all over the place, which was exhausting. Really need practise pacing myself properly.

That's an awesome time!
  • BeingKevin
    BeingKevin Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Completed W6D3 this evening. Ran 1.82 miles in 22 minutes, a 12:05 pace according to my app and that was consistent throughout. - first 5 min was 12:01 last was 12:09. I find myself worried about pace all the time. When the first 5 min said I was running a 12:01 pace I thought that was much too fast and was afraid I wouldn't make it. The fact that I was able to not only finish but do so at a similar pace has convinced me to not worry about pace any more. I am going to run what us comfortable and slow down if necessary. Looking forward to week 7.
  • CogitoErgoSum2
    CogitoErgoSum2 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    W7 D1 done.
  • dandelyon
    dandelyon Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    Week 8 is complete. We're in the home stretch!
  • pmcbrady
    pmcbrady Posts: 31
    Options
    W3D1 AGAIN, but I finally ran all but two steps of the running portion by slowing down. Monday I conquer those final two steps!
  • tycamsdad
    tycamsdad Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Knocked out W6D2 this morning. The second 10 minute run was a bit of a struggle but I powered through and completed it without walking. My back is really sore so I will be taking it easy until Monday when I have to conquer the 22 minute run.
  • kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,156 Member
    Options
    Week 7 Day 3 done. Much better run than my sucky one last time. Went out at 9 and it's still freakin' hot. I feel like a beef jerky. Not very fast, actually very slow, but I need to focus on endurance and time right now. And hoping to pick up speed once there's less of me to haul around.
  • PinkNinjaLaura
    PinkNinjaLaura Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    W9D2 complete. I'm signed up for a 5K on August 10 so I went and ran that route this morning. Including my warm-up and cool down walks I went just slightly further than the full circuit, so now I just need to work on building up from there. I feel better knowing what I need to do in the next month.
  • resilient86
    Options
    Week 5 Day 3 COMPLETE! It was such a mental struggle but I did it! :bigsmile:
  • crista_b
    crista_b Posts: 1,192 Member
    Options
    I did W8D2 last night, but my regular running path looks like this right now:
    yWOE.jpg

There's a festival going on practically in my backyard. The security guy let me run through without paying though because he could tell I was on my run and just wanted to get home.

Here's a pic of the "balloon glow" from last night.
    Bnucy.jpg
  • kimstwin
    kimstwin Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Week 4 day 1 all done today!
  • Trent1612000
    Trent1612000 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    W1D2 15:33 min/mile.
  • kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,156 Member
    Options
    Week 8 Day 1. I swear as soon as I think it's not too hot, the sun intensifies. Felt some shin pain, but I ran week 7 day 3 yesterday so it was probably a little much. My schedule is weird this week so I wanted to make sure to start it. I'm working the next three nights, so nothing's going to happen for a few days.
  • btsinmd
    btsinmd Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    Somewhat did Week 8 Day 3 today. I haven't been able to run since Thursday morning because of travel commitments. I was convinced last night to not run this morning as we were getting to bed so late. Well I got up and out this morning anyway, but it was a lot later than normal and already 80F with temps rising by the minute. I tried to leave my running partner dog in the house, but since we're not at home he was not happy about it. To stop him waking the rest, he went with me.

I decided that we would run to the halfway point and got 15 minutes of running in, but then walked the rest of the time. Even doing that, we stopped a number of times for my dogs to rest in the shade and we skipped the final 5 minute walk as we'd been walking. Despite all that we did get 1.5 miles in.

I'm glad we got done what we did and am happy with it. I see no reason to repeat today. We had no trouble running the 28 minutes on Day 1 and 2.

Tomorrow I'm going to run Week 9 Day 1. It fits my schedule better to get this run in tomorrow rather than Tuesday and I don't believe I'll need a rest day after today's short run.
  • Madmoo70
    Madmoo70 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Did Week 2 Day 3 today. Done all sessions on treadmill up till now. Actually did today's session outside on a forest path and it was perfectly timed for me to do whole path and be back at car-park at end of cool-down. Weather was really hot in the UK today so was out at 8am but it was already hot. I take my hat off to anyone who runs in a hot country! Really hoping I can crack Week 3. :happy:
  • kiekie
    kiekie Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Week 8, Day 2 done.

Managed a really nice easy run today and paced about 11.5-12 min/mile throughout - progress!

Best of all, my running partner joined me again after 2 weeks off (she went to support her sister competing in the IronMan triathlon in Austria!) and she managed a straight 25 minutes when during the last few sessions we ran together she was bailing out at 15 mins.

As we were finishing, all these people appeared in pink outfits and race numbers - a charity 5k was being set up right there!
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    Week 8 is complete. We're in the home stretch!

Me too- finished W8D3 yesterday.

2.76 mi
    Pace- 11:08 min/mi

Can't believe I will be running 3 miles tomorrow!
  • crista_b
    crista_b Posts: 1,192 Member
    Options
    Repeated Friday's run since the festival made it worse than it should've been. It went well, but my knees are killing me now. :frown: I'm increasing my distance to 2.5 miles for the 30 minute run on Tuesday, then I'm going to start 10k training on Thursday, so hopefully it doesn't make my knees hurt even more.

I want to do a 5k race sometime in the next month-ish. Anyone have any good sites to find them? I haven't found very many around me, but being in the Chicago suburbs, I feel like there should be more.