Daily Check In Thread

Options

Replies

• JenniferPlus2
    JenniferPlus2 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Well today was my graduation run! I did 3 miles in 47m45s! I have my first 5K run in a week and a half and I think I might hit my goal of under 45 minutes. If I don't, then that is ok, I know I will improve with time and practice. I feel great! I guess I will just keep going and do the next training.
  • PinkNinjaLaura
    PinkNinjaLaura Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    Well today was my graduation run! I did 3 miles in 47m45s! I have my first 5K run in a week and a half and I think I might hit my goal of under 45 minutes. If I don't, then that is ok, I know I will improve with time and practice. I feel great! I guess I will just keep going and do the next training.

Congratulations on your graduation! :flowerforyou:
  • resilient86
    Options
    Tonight I finished Week 5 Day 2. I am sooooooooo looking forward to Week 5 Day 3!!! I was kind of upset when I had to walk... I felt like I could keep going, but I followed the program. :drinker:
  • btsinmd
    btsinmd Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    Week 8 Day 2 done! Couldn't get out until 7 am and it was already warm, but luckily overcast. The sun didn't come out until our walk home luckily. It was a nice easy run, well except the part when we ran right next to a deep puddle. Warm outside, deep puddle, my dog couldn't resist. He wanted to wallow, but it was just a bit of a slow down rather than a stop, so worked out okay.
  • btsinmd
    btsinmd Posts: 921 Member
    Options

Congratulations and Good Luck!
  • dandelyon
    dandelyon Posts: 620 Member
    Options

Congrats! 45 minutes is what I'll be shooting for as well. :)
  • dandelyon
    dandelyon Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    Insane run today. My son whined that he didn't want to run so I said fine, don't, and then he whined about THAT. Ultimately, he had such a good run that I couldn't keep up with him... 2 miles of jogging as fast as I could, pushing a stroller, while his little tush disappeared in the distance. Fortunately, it's a route we've done before and he knew where he was going.
  • PinkNinjaLaura
    PinkNinjaLaura Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    Just did a 5K with a friend. I'm in Week 9 of C25K but she just started training this week so we did a lot of walking with some running intervals thrown in. It was a really hilly course but still we finished in 46:11 so I was really happy with that time. I've done this race the past 2 years and could really tell the difference in my conditioning from doing the C25K. I'm registered for a 5K on August 10 that I plan to run and now I can't wait for it!
  • Xeldadog
    Xeldadog Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Completed W3 D3 on C25k, in high humidity and on 4th of July. We're having a big picnic with lots of good and unhealthy foods. My goal is to stay away from the potato chips. My FAV!

Happy 4th of July!
  • CogitoErgoSum2
    CogitoErgoSum2 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    W6 D3 done. All good.
  • spartania
    spartania Posts: 88
    Options
    Did w6 d2 today!...no worries. Continually amazed that a couple of months ago, I was gasping after 60-90 seconds of running hahaha
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    W8D2 today

2.76 miles at a pace of 11:18, my fastest pace so far!

Unfortunately, the nice weather is going away and the heat will be back soon!
  • tycamsdad
    tycamsdad Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    W6D1 this morning. Felt good and was a bit different running intervals after the long run on W5D3. Better pace than past intervals but still looking forward to seeing how I will do at the end of the week.
  • mtcastillo86
    mtcastillo86 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Great reading up on everyone's progress! Woot! Woot! So many are doing so well!

I finished W6D2 today. That second 10 minutes was a little tough, but I wasn't gonna quit, no matter what! What's more, I was pleased to discover my pace was slightly improved again. Will probably slow it down for W6D3, though. Ya, I know, how the hell do you go slower??? LOL Turtles are already lapping me!
  • vet272
    vet272 Posts: 183
    Options
    W8D3 down and done

I am now a C25K graduate!!!

Thoughts needed - do I

A. Repeat the programme to build speed by running walk bits and jogging rest

B. Go on to C2 10K

C. Just keep practicing the 5K

Love to hear your views
  • kiekie
    kiekie Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    W8D3 down and done

Thoughts needed - do I

B. Go on to C2 10K

Love to hear your views

Congratulations!

I'm wondering the same about how to progress but I suppose it depends on your goals.

I've found an 8k in mid-august, and a 10k mid-september so I think I'll be following on with C210k but I really want to improve my 5k time too. Not sure how to combine training for both goals.
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    W8D3 down and done

Thoughts needed - do I

B. Go on to C2 10K

Love to hear your views

Congrats on finishing! (The app I'm using is a 9 week program?!)

Personally, I have no desire to run farther than 5k at this time, so I'd go with C. Just keep practicing the 5k.

It depends on your goals- what do you want to accomplish next?
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options

Yay you! Great commitment! Welcome to your life as a runner!
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    W8D3 down and done

Thoughts needed - do I

B. Go on to C2 10K

Love to hear your views

Congratulations!

I'm wondering the same about how to progress but I suppose it depends on your goals.

I've found an 8k in mid-august, and a 10k mid-september so I think I'll be following on with C210k but I really want to improve my 5k time too. Not sure how to combine training for both goals.

When I graduated C25k, I didn't thing I had time to train for more than a 5k. So I did a 5k program through Runners World. But, because the first thing a new runner needs to do is to build up mileage before adding in speed work, my 5k program was identical to a 10k program until I got a little past 10 miles per week.

All this to say: a 10k program will naturally result in an increase of speed. Build up the miles so you have a decent weekly base and speed just happens. And that's true whether you want to progress to running a 10k or not.
  • Trent1612000
    Trent1612000 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Just starting out and have not ran in years... since HS really. W1 D1 in the books!