Daily Check In Thread

Options

Replies

• Stlarenas
    Stlarenas Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Thread roll!

I was supposed to do c210k W13D1 yesterday, but about 10 minutes into running, my good hip was having unusual pain. I tried to push through for awhile longer hoping it would go away, but it just kept getting worse. I decided to stop at about 1.5 miles into my run and walk home. I'll try again tomorrow, and I hope it's better.

c210k W10D2 was supposed to be last night - but BOTH my knees were hurting (I think I hurt 2nd overcompensating for the first on the back to back 4 mile runs over the weekend)

So I took two days off and they feel good this morning. Looking forward to my run tonight.

I am getting a little worried about winter. I always run at night, but it is already getting dark earlier. I am really hoping I can stay motivated into the gloomy winter. I don't do well without sunlight!
  • Joreanasaurous
    Joreanasaurous Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    I finish c25k tonight! Wooooo.

Yeah... I am excited.
  • NickeeCoco
    NickeeCoco Posts: 130
    Options
    Completed W8D1 today. I don't know about anyone else, but the longer the run is, the faster my overall pace is. When I was running at shorter intervals at the beginning, I would average at 4.8 mph, then in the middle at 5.0 mph. Last week it was 5.2 mph. Today, running for 28 minutes, I averaged at 6.0 mph! I know I get better at it the more I do it, but I would have thought I'd slow down a bit for longer durations, but nope! I'm not complaining, just wondering what the science is behind it.

It was a great run, felt like a million bucks throughout it.

Yeah... I am excited.

Woot!
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    I completed 5 to 10k w4d2 this morning. I switched to the timed version for today (to save time). I'll do the distance version on the weekend. It was 2 runs of 27 min with a 3 min walk in the middle.

Stats:
    Total Distance: 6.02 mi (w/ wu & cd)
    Run Pace: 10:48 (inc 3 min walk)
    Fastest Pace 10:08 (WOW!)
    Longest interval: 2.66 mi (If I had done the distance version, it would have been 2 runs of 2.7 mi- I almost had it!)

The deer weren't as happy to see me as I was to see them!
  • pinkstp
    pinkstp Posts: 220 Member
    Options

Yeah... I am excited.

Congratulations!! :) When's your first race??
  • Mamakatspokane
    Mamakatspokane Posts: 3,098 Member
    Options
    W5D3 is tomorrow!:noway:
  • pinkstp
    Options
    w5d2 is today for me, in roughly 7 hours. *mental preparation* :)
  • grubb1019
    grubb1019 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Disappointed that I couldn't finish W7D1 today. Its the first time I haven't been able to complete a day. I am surprised because I finished W6D3 (the 22 min run) without a problem, it was actually easy. I think the problem was that I hiked last night for 2.5 miles and even jogged a little bit, so I think I over did it. I could only run for 18 minutes, plus my phone died so I didn't have my app and I didn't have music. Hoping I can bounce back stronger than ever on Friday.
  • LAnne16
    LAnne16 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    You guys are so far ahead! I'm doing W1D3 tonight. I tried it last night but the weather went sooo cold so fast that I had to go home or I was gonna get sick!
    I'm not a runner yet, but looking forward to being as runny as you guys!
  • NarneyK
    NarneyK Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Finally able to get W8/D1 completed! Third try finally did it. Only 5 more running days left, assuming no more repeats. It already feels like I've accomplished so much but I can't wait to actually finish the program. Pretty amazing feeling :)
  • yamsteroo
    yamsteroo Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    You guys are so far ahead! I'm doing W1D3 tonight. I tried it last night but the weather went sooo cold so fast that I had to go home or I was gonna get sick!

I used to think that when I was back on W1 or 2 and I'd see posts from these folks saying how they'd run for 25mins or more and think that was but a fantasy but I promise you, if you keep clocking up the intervals on a regular basis, you can do this too. :bigsmile:

I haven't had a really cold run yet - was 7celsius this morning when I stepped out but even by the time I'd walked a few minutes I was more than warm enough. Not looking forward to the ice and snow later in the year!
  • pinkstp
    Options
    w5d2 down :D so exciting! I'm tricking my brain... before, I would watch the click tick down and I thought it was helping me but after a few weeks of it I was thinking that it's probably making me stress myself out and I breathe heavier when I get to 30 seconds left, etc.

so for this week I've been staring at a dot on the wall for my entire run (minus the last 1.5 min of the 2nd 8 min run just because I wanted to switch the song and didn't know where the exact button was). and it totally worked :D the first 8 minutes weren't as horrible as I was thinking and then 2nd set I was fine through the first 6 minutes.

Kind of scared to run 20 minutes straight! Gah! :D But so excited!!!!
  • Joreanasaurous
    Joreanasaurous Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options

Yeah... I am excited.

Congratulations!! :) When's your first race??

I have a half at the end of March I signed up for to keep me running at Zion national park. I always wanted to go, so two birds with one stone. I am spending the month of Sept on vacation in Peru and am researching runs there now. Hopefully my first race will be in a different country where I don't speak the language! Lol
  • chantels1
    chantels1 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    RunDouble Update
    I completed C25K Week 6 Day 2 (1.93 miles), in 23:00, pace 11:54 min/mile, with @RunDouble
    1.93 miles in 23:00, speed 5.04 mph

A little slow, but that doesn't matter. It feels so good to be doing longer runs where I can get a rhythm down. Can't wait for W6D3!
  • chantels1
    Options
    w5d2 down :D so exciting! I'm tricking my brain... before, I would watch the click tick down and I thought it was helping me but after a few weeks of it I was thinking that it's probably making me stress myself out and I breathe heavier when I get to 30 seconds left, etc.

so for this week I've been staring at a dot on the wall for my entire run (minus the last 1.5 min of the 2nd 8 min run just because I wanted to switch the song and didn't know where the exact button was). and it totally worked :D the first 8 minutes weren't as horrible as I was thinking and then 2nd set I was fine through the first 6 minutes.

congrats on finding something that worked to pass time. I don't know how you can run on the treadmill! I don't think I could handle it. I like the change of scenery, the sights and smells of my neighborhood and the activity around me. Keeps me preoccupied. Any reason in particular you don't run outside?
  • chantels1
    Options
    Good luck with your run! And don't worry you are not behind. I was right where you were 6 weeks ago, and time has flown by so quick!!! next week there will be a whole new set of people behind you, and 6 weeks from now, someone else will feel the same way! Welcome and I hope you enjoy the program as much as I do!
  • justaspoonfulofsugar
    justaspoonfulofsugar Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    week 4,day 3..was a super difficult run not helped by the fact of a detox I am in the process of.
    Going to repeat week 4 and see if I can get past the hurdle.
    I think I am having a hard time pacing myself and running too fast.Have to try and fix that.
  • NickeeCoco
    NickeeCoco Posts: 130
    Options

We were all there. I can't believe how fast it's gone by. It's pretty amazing.

I run outside, so I get a change of scenery, but, I find I think about things a lot. I just go into the zone, so to speak and work it out. I call it my meditation time.
  • teamAmelia
    teamAmelia Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options

Yeah... I am excited.

Yaay. Happy for you. Enjoy your last run!
  • teamAmelia
    teamAmelia Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Technically, I'm still in wk 1, but I finished W1D3 yesterday. I was so anxious to see if I would actually be able to do W2, and I had the energy to run, so I tried it and I DID IT!!! So happy! I normally repeat each workout so that I have a full hour workout (plus, I drive a total of 8 miles to my driving path, so might as well make it count), but my legs started hurting around the last interval, and it was in the direction of my car (lol), so I just went home. Here are my stats. And, I appear to be going a tad slower with each workout. LOL. Got to work on that, but at least I'm moving, right?

Today's workout:
    W2D1 attempt 1: 1.40 miles - 15:03 min/mile - Fastest @ 12:19 min/mile - Longest @ .12 miles - Overall, w WU/CD: 2.00 miles - 15:30 min/mile

Yesterday's workout:
    W1D3 attempt 2: 1.23 miles - 15:02 min/mile - Fastest @ 10:58 min/mile - Longest @ .09 miles - Overall, w WU/CD: 1.80 miles - 15:50 min/mile

W1D3 attempt 1: 1.24 miles - 14:55 min/mile - Fastest @ 11:47 min/mile - Longest @ .09 miles - Overall, w WU/CD: 1.81 miles - 15:47 min/mile