Daily Check In Thread

Options

Replies

• Putcake
    Putcake Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I started C25K yesterday! I downloaded a great app a few months ago and have been stalking this board and then I finally ran out of excuses not to start. I love the app - start walking, start running. The route I take to walk with my toddler worked out to be perfect. As soon I got back, I started looking up 5Ks to run. There are a few in October I have my eye on.
  • Rindy12
    Rindy12 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I conquered W5D3 this morning! It really wasn't that bad at all. I slowed my pace down a little and did just fine. I wasn't begging for the run to be over and wanted to run more, but figured I better stick with the program. I feel amazing!!

1.54 miles, 20 min, 12:59 min/mile 4.62 mph

Including warm up and cool down
    2.12 miles, 30 min, 14:09 min/mile
  • pinkstp
    pinkstp Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I finish c25k tonight! Wooooo.

Yeah... I am excited.

Congratulations!! :) When's your first race??

I have a half at the end of March I signed up for to keep me running at Zion national park. I always wanted to go, so two birds with one stone. I am spending the month of Sept on vacation in Peru and am researching runs there now. Hopefully my first race will be in a different country where I don't speak the language! Lol

um, totally awesome! congratulations again, that is amazing. and of course we need to see a pic of you at the finish line in Peru :)
    RunDouble Update
    I completed C25K Week 6 Day 2 (1.93 miles), in 23:00, pace 11:54 min/mile, with @RunDouble
    1.93 miles in 23:00, speed 5.04 mph

A little slow, but that doesn't matter. It feels so good to be doing longer runs where I can get a rhythm down. Can't wait for W6D3!

nice job Chantels! :) faster than I do it ;)
    congrats on finding something that worked to pass time. I don't know how you can run on the treadmill! I don't think I could handle it. I like the change of scenery, the sights and smells of my neighborhood and the activity around me. Keeps me preoccupied. Any reason in particular you don't run outside?

Treadmill works for my knees and I'm a bit put off because my neighborhood is a giant hill. And not a gentle sloping one either lol :) Either that or it's drive a distance and then run around... it's easier for me to just walk 2 blocks to my gym and plug away. I'll work on transitioning to ground before my October race.

@anjelevil - you can do it! I was convinced that I should push myself through the runs at a speed that was entirely too uncomfortable for me - as everyone says, speed will come later, keep changing it up until you find something that is comfortable and that you're pushing yourself with :)

@putcake - good luck! it's awesome that you're already enjoying it :) it took me a bit of time but I have to admit, I crave being sweaty when I finish a run!

@rindy - going to be channeling you tomorrow when I run my 20 minutes! nice job, lady! :)
  • Mamakatspokane
    Mamakatspokane Posts: 3,098 Member
    Options
    I started C25K yesterday! I downloaded a great app a few months ago and have been stalking this board and then I finally ran out of excuses not to start. I love the app - start walking, start running. The route I take to walk with my toddler worked out to be perfect. As soon I got back, I started looking up 5Ks to run. There are a few in October I have my eye on.

Good for you!!!!:flowerforyou:
  • Mamakatspokane
    Options
    I did it! W5D3..the dreaded 20 minute run. I completed it with no walking! I'm sure I didn't complete 2 miles because I'm not running a 10 min mile pace but I ran for 20 min straight and I'm proud of myself:tongue:
  • chantels1
    chantels1 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I conquered W5D3 this morning! It really wasn't that bad at all. I slowed my pace down a little and did just fine. I wasn't begging for the run to be over and wanted to run more, but figured I better stick with the program. I feel amazing!!

Great job pacing yourself!!! I ended it exhausted, but I ran it faster. So the moral of the story is that you have learned the right pace for distance endurance! Great job!!!
  • chantels1
    chantels1 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I did it! W5D3..the dreaded 20 minute run. I completed it with no walking! I'm sure I didn't complete 2 miles because I'm not running a 10 min mile pace but I ran for 20 min straight and I'm proud of myself:tongue:

Who cares how fast you ran! You finished this huge hurdle!!! You are more than 1/2 way through now! Great job!
  • kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,155 Member
    Options
    I graduated the C25K program a few weeks ago and have been trying to do 30 mins 2-3 times/week (more like 2). I usually get 2 miles in, I'm very slow but today I went for the 3.1 miles. Still slow, it was 46:15 but I did the whole thing. I've never that time or distance in my life. So, keep going everyone, it really works.
  • Mamakatspokane
    Options

YEAH!:flowerforyou:
  • yaseyuku
    yaseyuku Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    Just completed W1D3! I definitely feel less out of breath after the running intervals, even if only by a little bit.

Today I realized my two main problems are:

1. I think I'm running too slowly and I won't progress this way even though I logically know that isn't true at all.

2. I nitpick my form too much. If my legs aren't coming up high enough, if I'm not jogging well enough, etc.

Going to try to work on that. I'm excited about week two though and starting it Saturday.
  • Lyerin
    Lyerin Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    Day 2, Week 10 of C210K yesterday (a little over 4 miles). Day 3 up on Saturday. :)
  • Stlarenas
    Stlarenas Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Day 2, Week 10 of C210K yesterday (a little over 4 miles). Day 3 up on Saturday. :)

Me too! I may try to squeeze in D3 on friday and start W11 on Sunday
  • GlitterrMagpie
    GlitterrMagpie Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Just been for a run in the rain. It felt pretty nice actually! Ran 2.82 miles in 33 minutes so I'm not too far off the 5K now. Need a new route though, this one isn't long enough l:laugh:
  • GlitterrMagpie
    Options
    I graduated the C25K program a few weeks ago and have been trying to do 30 mins 2-3 times/week (more like 2). I usually get 2 miles in, I'm very slow but today I went for the 3.1 miles. Still slow, it was 46:15 but I did the whole thing. I've never that time or distance in my life. So, keep going everyone, it really works.

Amazing!!! Great job, well done. I've finished the programme too and hoping to get to the full 5k in a few more runs.
  • GlitterrMagpie
    Options
    Just completed W1D3! I definitely feel less out of breath after the running intervals, even if only by a little bit.

Today I realized my two main problems are:

1. I think I'm running too slowly and I won't progress this way even though I logically know that isn't true at all.

2. I nitpick my form too much. If my legs aren't coming up high enough, if I'm not jogging well enough, etc.

Going to try to work on that. I'm excited about week two though and starting it Saturday.

There's no such thing as too slow, trust me, if you're moving forward you're doing great :smile:
  • DesireeNL
    DesireeNL Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I finished W4D1 earlier this week. It was scary to know the running time increased so much! So I started off really slow and tried to keep an eye on my HR. The runs went fine, the last one took a bit more mental pushing, but I finished them all.

One of the roads I take is a quiet one which passes fields, trees and just two houses. As I was nearing the end of the road, an older man with a walker came from the opposite side. He actually stopped, stared and grinned as I passed him, it was weird and funny at the same time :laugh:

I'm currently having some stomach problems so I couldn't run today :sad: I hope to run tomorrow or at least Saturday!
  • crista_b
    crista_b Posts: 1,192 Member
    Options
    c210k W13D1 done! I feel like my distance hasn't really been increasing, but I'm thinking that's normal-ish for weeks 10-13? The total time remains fairly constant with more of a change in how long you run before the 1 minute walking interval(s), so that's why I'm thinking it would be normal. I'd really like to be closer to 6 miles at a time, but I know I'm getting there. Today was 46 minutes (22r, 1w, 23r) for 3.39 miles with an average pace of 13:38/mile.

I used jog.fm to build a playlist of songs to try to bring down my pace to around 12:45, then I'll create another one to try to bring it down again. I need to download the songs to my phone though so I can use them to keep on a good pace.
  • 230137isntmyweight
    230137isntmyweight Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I'm alive!!!!! I completed Wk5D3 without stopping to walk. It was looking rough right around the 10 minute mark (which was the beginning of the first hill) but I got a live cheer from someone on FB and it kept me going. I completed 1.43 miles with a pace of 14:01 and with the WU/CD included I finished 1.93 miles at 15:32 pace. Which is below the cut off pace for all the Disney Halfs. Just need to keep building endurance and let speed take care of itself. :drinker:
  • Joreanasaurous
    Joreanasaurous Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    I'm alive!!!!! I completed Wk5D3 without stopping to walk. It was looking rough right around the 10 minute mark (which was the beginning of the first hill) but I got a live cheer from someone on FB and it kept me going. I completed 1.43 miles with a pace of 14:01 and with the WU/CD included I finished 1.93 miles at 15:32 pace. Which is below the cut off pace for all the Disney Halfs. Just need to keep building endurance and let speed take care of itself. :drinker:

Great job! And you are doing a Disney Half? Which one? I desperately want to run one, but they cost so much I need to plan and save for it.
  • GlitterrMagpie
    Options

Well done!! That's brilliant :smile: