Confess to, analyse & learn from your binge here

Options

Replies

• norty20
    norty20 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    First off, just joined this group! I'm serious about losing 20-30 pounds, because I've always been a really healthy person (most of the time). I eat well and relatively clean and exercise daily. I'm in my early twenties so I know my body has the capability to look as strong and fit as I feel, but what's stopping me? These occasional binges. I'm sure of it. So here's to my first 'confession.'

Ok, I admit it, I had a binge.

Date of binge : 4/30/13

Time of binge : 10pm-12am

Location of binge : My apartment

Body language during binge (e.g. Sitting, standing, slumped, tense) : Sitting/ dancing

Company kept (alone, friends, family, partner etc) : My roommate and another friend

Approximate calories consumed during binge : Probably about 2000 (we had wine and cake)

The amount of time between realising I wanted to binge and starting the binge was: An hour or so. I was really fighting it, but was peer-pressured. As always.

Before I started to binge I was doing : Comforting my roommate who was dumped by her boyfriend yesterday.

Before I started to binge I was feeling: Guilty already; unsure of how to address the situation where I knew my friends would binge.

During the binge I felt: Sick, guilty, out of control.

After the binge I felt : Disgusted, angry, sick.

From this binge, I have learned: I really need to find better ways to deal with peer pressure to binge drink and eat. I'm in college and I always find myself faced with situations like what happened last night. I know that I'm acting no differently from all of my friends, but I want so much more for myself and I feel like all of my hard work at the gym goes down the drain when I do this. I had a great week before last night and I felt on top of the world. I need to hold on to that feeling and resist the urge to binge!

I am pleased with myself for having confessed to my binge, I can now move on from it without beating myself up. Today's a new day! :)
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options

Date of binge : 30th April

Time of binge : 6.30am - 8.30am

Location of binge : Café and living room

Body language during binge (e.g. Sitting, standing, slumped, tense) : Sitting

Company kept (alone, friends, family, partner etc) : Alone

Approximate calories consumed during binge : I cannot even count, but over 5000

The amount of time between realising I wanted to binge and starting the binge was ........... I had been up all night, stupidly, and instead of going to bed, I developed strong urges to go out, at 5am and find an open shop.

Before I started to binge I was doing ......... Reading Mfp

Before I started to binge I was feeling .......... I have no idea.

During the binge I felt ...... Nothing, because I always read Mfp or watch something when I binge so that my feelings take second place

After the binge I felt ...... Full, hopeless, upset, tired

From this binge, I have learned ........ That I need to stop staying up reading this forum, or any internet site for that matter, especially when it comes close to my TOM. I have also learnt that when I feel too tired to exercise, the guilt and self pressure from that tends to drive me to binge so I then have more of an excuse to not feel up to exercising. It has been a repeating pattern for me. I will usually have eaten a lot anyway before bed, get up feeling like crap, full of sugar cravings, know I am too tired to exercise even though it is a beautiful sunny day, feel hopeless about that, and go and eat more.
  • Chocoholic55555
    Chocoholic55555 Posts: 173 Member
    Options

Date of binge : 4th May

Time of binge : 7.30 - 10.30

Location of binge : Home - the sofa

Body language during binge : sitting slumped on the sofa watching TV

Company kept : alone

Approximate calories consumed during binge : around 2000

The amount of time between realising I wanted to binge and starting the binge was not very long.

Before I started to binge I was rushing around putting the children to bed etc. My OH had gone out for a drink in the sunshine for the bank holiday with our friends. They'd invited me too but I couldn't go because it was a "no children" event.

Before I started to binge I was feeling sad, annoyed, like I deserved a treat, some me time.

During the binge I felt happier, enjoying the food.

After the binge I felt still pissed off, but also bloated and like I'd ruined all my good work this week. (I've been following Paul McKenna's 4 golden rules and doing SO well)

From this binge, I have learned that I cannot ignore the 3rd rule (as much as I want to) which is "Eat mindfully and consciously" I thought I could still do this while watching TV. It turns out I can't. New rule : eat whatever I want, just not with the TV on!

I am pleased with myself for having confessed to my binge, I can now move on from it without beating myself up.
  • woodsy0912
    woodsy0912 Posts: 323
    Options
    I just made the no TV rule for myself too! Hope it helps. I did find I enjoyed my food much more today though!
  • karendee4
    karendee4 Posts: 558 Member
    Options

Date of binge : May 4th and May 5th

Time of binge : Most of the day! (end of the day the worst part)

Location of binge : Home

Body language during binge (e.g. Sitting, standing, slumped, tense) : Sitting almost always getting up for food

Company kept (alone, friends, family, partner etc) : Some alone some with family around

Approximate calories consumed during binge : 1000 a guess

The amount of time between realising I wanted to binge and starting the binge was ........... 1 hour

Before I started to binge I was doing ......... Busy all weekend

Before I started to binge I was feeling .......... upset

During the binge I felt ...... sad and frustrated

After the binge I felt ...... even worse, sad and mad at myself

From this binge, I have learned ........ I eat my emotions. I had a call with my Mom and a gain on the scale and I almost gave up for the week! Plus some heartburn keeping me from sleeping.

I need to find an outlet when I am upset!!
  • dladisheff
    dladisheff Posts: 43
    Options
    Ok, I admit it, I had a binge. April 30, May 1, May 2, May 3

Date of binge : April 30, May 1, May 2, May 3

Time of binge : all day and all night

Location of binge : at home and at a banquet on Tuesday

Body language during binge (e.g. Sitting, standing, slumped, tense) : sitting

Company kept (alone, friends, family, partner etc) : mostly alone

Approximate calories consumed during binge : over 5000

The amount of time between realising I wanted to binge and starting the binge was .......almost immediate....

Before I started to binge I was doing ......... getting weighed in

Before I started to binge I was feeling ..........disappointed

During the binge I felt ...... guilty and out of control, scared

After the binge I felt ...... frustrated, stupid

From this binge, I have learned ........ to start dealing with disappointment and to not set my weight loss expectations so high

I am pleased with myself for having confessed to my binge, I can now move on from it without beating myself up.

Donna~
  • onwarddownward
    onwarddownward Posts: 1,683 Member
    Options

Date of binge : 5/7

Time of binge : 9:30 pm

Location of binge : kitchen and dining room

Body language during binge (e.g. Sitting, standing, slumped, tense) : first eating sitting down, then standing up, in the kitchen, but hiding afraid my husband would one own stairs or smell it on my breath.

Company kept (alone, friends, family, partner etc) : a lone, husband was upstairs

Approximate calories consumed during binge : 1200-1600

The amount of time between realising I wanted to binge and starting the binge was ........... About 24 hrs.

Before I started to binge I was doing ......... Yesterday when I was shopping with my husband I saw one thing that I have been wanting so badly, but I closed my eyes tightly and marched pst it. tonight, I was o tired and was Laying in bed after having eaten a horrible diet dinner of baked cod. The fish was so tasteless that I threw it away and became very hungry. I went own and just binged.

Before I started to binge I was feeling .......... I had not weighed in today, but had taken my measurements and they were up. And I'm coming up on my period. AND i was reading the forums and there are so many food triggers in there. i feel Like I am in prison to food while everyone else eats whatever the hell they want. Feeling like a failure. Some People on the forums are so nasty and mean.

During the binge I felt ...... Starving, very guilty. I felt like they were all watching me. But glad that I was finally eating. The food wasn't very tasty, and I put it away at two points, but got it back out again..

After the binge I felt ...... Guilty, like I had worked put so hard, jut to blow it. Like I wanted to do another workout, which I started, but could not finish

From this binge, I have learned ........ I'm up at two am with reflux. I should have just allowed myself to eat what i really wanted without forcing crazy restrictions. I always cut back too far, until I'm starving. I don't need to lose weight so fast. I need to stay steady. If I would have eaten what I'd been craving earlier, instead of calling it off limits, I would not have binged on stuff that didn't even Tate good and wasn't fulfilling anyway.

Jan
  • lemanielemanie
    Options
    Hi everyone.
    I'm the newest member of the group. I'm also fairly new to MFP.
    I am NOT new to binging.
    I am new to confessing and analyzing it though....

SO here it goes:

Date of binge : Today, May 8, 2013

Time of binge : Two parts: 6am and 3pm

Location of binge : Hotel room

Body language during binge (e.g. Sitting, standing, slumped, tense) : slumped on floor in corner

Company kept (alone, friends, family, partner etc) : alone alone alone

Approximate calories consumed during binge : well over 3000 for today

The amount of time between realising I wanted to binge and starting the binge was ........... I don't really know

Before I started to binge I was doing .........nothing and the second after a walk

Before I started to binge I was feeling .......... jumbled foggy (when you have lots of thoughts but none coherent, anxious?) lonely

During the binge I felt ...... calm foggy

After the binge I felt ...... immediately after.... full, slow... now just depressed, self loathing type of thing...

From this binge, I have learned ........ I need help.

I am pleased with myself for having confessed to my binge, I can now move on from it without beating myself up....
  • Chocoholic55555
    Options
    Hi everyone.
    I'm the newest member of the group. I'm also fairly new to MFP.
    I am NOT new to binging.
    I am new to confessing and analyzing it though....

SO here it goes:

Date of binge : Today, May 8, 2013

Time of binge : Two parts: 6am and 3pm

Location of binge : Hotel room

Body language during binge (e.g. Sitting, standing, slumped, tense) : slumped on floor in corner

Company kept (alone, friends, family, partner etc) : alone alone alone

Approximate calories consumed during binge : well over 3000 for today

The amount of time between realising I wanted to binge and starting the binge was ........... I don't really know

Before I started to binge I was doing .........nothing and the second after a walk

Before I started to binge I was feeling .......... jumbled foggy (when you have lots of thoughts but none coherent, anxious?) lonely

During the binge I felt ...... calm foggy

After the binge I felt ...... immediately after.... full, slow... now just depressed, self loathing type of thing...

From this binge, I have learned ........ I need help.

I am pleased with myself for having confessed to my binge, I can now move on from it without beating myself up....

Welcome! And well done for your first binge analysis :smile:
  • sailrunner
    sailrunner Posts: 41 Member
    Options

Date of binge :9 May

Time of binge : 9 pm

Location of binge : home

Body language during binge (e.g. Sitting, standing, slumped, tense) : sitting in front of the computer - wandering to kitchen

Company kept (alone, friends, family, partner etc) : alone

Approximate calories consumed during binge : 1200

The amount of time between realising I wanted to binge and starting the binge was ...........hours

Before I started to binge I was doing ......... computer

Before I started to binge I was feeling ..........lonely, angry, tired, unsure

During the binge I felt ......guilty, stressed, tired

After the binge I felt ......stuffed, ashamed, sad

From this binge, I have learned ........Good news - because of having tracked for two weeks - I recorded everything I ate AND i did not go over my day's calorie allotment - with the 2.5 hours of hiking I did.
    Go to bed when tired, do not stay on the computer when tired, don't attempt to accomplish anything when I'm clearly getting nonfunctional
    Brush my teeth - can't recall when I've continued eating after that - maybe an automatic after dinner brush?
    Interesting possibility - I eat my anger
    Hadn't realized that during it - this reflection helped surface it THANKS

• sailrunner
    sailrunner Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Ok, I admit it, I had a binge. April 30, May 1, May 2, May 3

Date of binge : April 30, May 1, May 2, May 3

Time of binge : all day and all night

Location of binge : at home and at a banquet on Tuesday

Approximate calories consumed during binge : over 5000

The amount of time between realising I wanted to binge and starting the binge was .......almost immediate....

Before I started to binge I was doing ......... getting weighed in

Before I started to binge I was feeling ..........disappointed

During the binge I felt ...... guilty and out of control, scared

After the binge I felt ...... frustrated, stupid

From this binge, I have learned ........ to start dealing with disappointment and to not set my weight loss expectations so high

Donna~
    thanks for sharing it Donna,
    After weigh in is very tough for me also.
    It tends to either feel that all the work didn't lead to significant or any result - or that it's too much and doesn't pay off enough so might as well get some immediate "satisfaction"

I appreciate not feeling alone.
  • Chocoholic55555
    Options
    Yes, thank you to everyone who has shared on this thread :smile:
  • LindaEmrys
    LindaEmrys Posts: 73 Member
    Options

Date of binge: May 13th 2013

Time of binge: Noon

Location of binge: At home

Body language during binge (e.g. Sitting, standing, slumped, tense): Sitting, slumped, bored

Company kept (alone, friends, family, partner etc): Alone

Approximate calories consumed during binge: 1700

The amount of time between realising I wanted to binge and starting the binge was: I barely even realised I started. Perhaps a minute?

Before I started to binge I was watching TV.

Before I started to binge I was feeling lonely, tense, sad and stressed.

During the binge I felt even more stressed, disappointed and fat.

After the binge I felt sluggish, sad, stressed, guilty, fat, horrible, down, depressed.

From this binge, I have learned - I'm not sure yet. I'll think about it.

• Chocoholic55555
    Options

Date of binge : today (13th May)

Time of binge : from around 1pm onwards

Location of binge : home

Body language during binge (e.g. Sitting, standing, slumped, tense) : mostly slumped

Approximate calories consumed during binge : over 4000

The amount of time between realising I wanted to binge and starting the binge was ....... not very long at all!

Before I started to binge I was tired and fed up

Before I started to binge I was feeling tired & fed up

During the binge I felt numb, as if I didn't care is I binged or not.

After the binge I felt ...... disgusting, fat, sick.

From this binge, I have learned ........ that when I really want to binge I just don't care about reason or rational thought.

I am pleased with myself for having confessed to my binge, I can now move on from it without beating myself up. I hope.
  • horseplaypen
    horseplaypen Posts: 442 Member
    Options

Date of binge : May 13

Time of binge : 8:00 p.m.

Location of binge : dining room

Body language during binge (e.g. Sitting, standing, slumped, tense) : sitting, typing

Company kept (alone, friends, family, partner etc) : alone (family in the house, but not in the room)

Approximate calories consumed during binge : 900

The amount of time between realising I wanted to binge and starting the binge was ........... 5 minutes

Before I started to binge I was doing ......... eating dinner, then working on lit review

Before I started to binge I was feeling .......... a little hungry

During the binge I felt ...... satisfied

After the binge I felt ...... guilty, regretful

From this binge, I have learned ........ to hopefully make better choices when I am still hungry after a meal, and to walk away from the kitchen when I have reached my allotted calories for the day and I cannot reasonably be excessively hungry

• onwarddownward
    Options

Date of binge : 5/14

Time of binge : 7:30 pm

Location of binge : dining room

Body language during binge (e.g. Sitting, standing, slumped, tense) : reading a book, sitting at the table

Company kept (alone, friends, family, partner etc) : husband and son were playing a new computer game ( which ticks me off because it cost $60 and neither of them will o anything other than that or months now.) also Rachel was there and Charlie was in the living room.

Approximate calories consumed during binge : 2000

The amount of time between realising I wanted to binge and starting the binge was ........... 4 hours

Before I started to binge I was doing ......... Went shopping for binge foods

Before I started to binge I was feeling .......... Sore, my arm is and was throbbing from overworking it in the pool.

During the binge I felt ...... Naughty, pissed off, like I was getting revenge on he diet, on my husband

After the binge I felt ...... Regret, like I should purge through exercise

From this binge, I have learned ........ I do this with chocolate and peanut butter every time I diet. I don't even like peanut butter other times. Hen I'm dieting,I can't have enough.

• karendee4
    Options

Date of binge : May 16, 2013

Time of binge : Several times of the day mostly 4-11pm

Location of binge : Home

Body language during binge (e.g. Sitting, standing, slumped, tense) : walking around then sitting

Company kept (alone, friends, family, partner etc) : Hubby neaby mostly alone

Approximate calories consumed during binge : 800-1000

The amount of time between realizing I wanted to binge and starting the binge was ........... 1 hour

Before I started to binge I was doing ......... Came home very tired and stressed from a long day

Before I started to binge I was feeling .......... stressed and tired

During the binge I felt ...... calm

After the binge I felt ...... more stressed

From this binge, I have learned ........ I need to work on stress!!

• TiaTia2003
    TiaTia2003 Posts: 112 Member
    Options

Date of binge : May 19

Time of binge : 9:30-10:00 PM

Location of binge : Home sitting on the couch

Company kept (alone, friends, family, partner etc) : With husband. I actually convinced him to eat with me but he would never call what we did a binge.

Approximate calories consumed during binge : 1000

The amount of time between realising I wanted to binge and starting the binge was ..1 hour

Before I started to binge I was doing ...drinking wine and watching TV

Before I started to binge I was feeling ..happy, excited, maybe a little drunk

During the binge I felt ..happy

After the binge I felt ..still happy like i was cheating and getting away with it. Today, I feel bad for dragging my husband down with me. We are great at being each others support, but also great at enableing.

From this binge, I have learned ..too much drinking causes me to make bad food choices.

• onwarddownward
    Options

Date of binge : 5/22/2013

Time of binge : 6 PM

Location of binge : Dining Room

Body language during binge (e.g. Sitting, standing, slumped, tense) : Sitting with a book

Company kept (alone, friends, family, partner etc) : Husband, kids, but I was not interacting with them

Approximate calories consumed during binge : 1200-1700

The amount of time between realizing I wanted to binge and starting the binge was ........... 4 pm

Before I started to binge I was doing ......... Driving during a rain storm, the kids were badgering me to get take out food and I wanted them to eat at home. They kept talking about take out food and I just caved.

Before I started to binge I was feeling .......... Ravenous, because I had not eaten much and upset because my son Charlie, who has autism, is very frightened of storms and this one was horrific. So I had one kid groaning in the car and the other in the backseat talking about food.

During the binge I felt ...... Like the food was air and I had been drowning.

After the binge I felt ...... I remembered that chinese food gives me diaharrea. I felt foolish, I had wasted $65 and bought a ton of chocolate, which will tempt me tomorrow. heck, it's tempting me right now =--- hang on ---there. I poured dish soap on the chocolate.

From this binge, I have learned ........ to not skip meals, to check the weather before taking Charlie out and to tell Rachel to shut up when she starts tempting me. To let her know how little control I have and that if I don't win this battle, I might die prematurely. Maybe that's a lot to put on a kid, but I lost my mom to weight problems when I was young.

• karendee4
    Options

Date of binge : May 27th

Time of binge : Afternoon

Location of binge : Home and movies

Body language during binge (e.g. Sitting, standing, slumped, tense) : Tense

Company kept (alone, friends, family, partner etc) : Mostly alone

Approximate calories consumed during binge : 1400

The amount of time between realising I wanted to binge and starting the binge was ........... hours

Before I started to binge I was doing ......... nothing

Before I started to binge I was feeling .......... bored

During the binge I felt ...... good

After the binge I felt ...... bad

From this binge, I have learned ........ some foods trigger me to eat more. A doughnut did it this time.