Confess to, analyse & learn from your binge here

Options

Replies

• RubyRosee1
    Options
    Ok, I admit it, I had a binge.

Date of binge : Today, the 1st of June

Time of binge : Not sure exactly, it started at about lunch time and carried on throughout the day.

Location of binge : My house, home alone.

Body language during binge (e.g. Sitting, standing, slumped, tense) : sitting, bad posture

Company kept (alone, friends, family, partner etc) : alone

Approximate calories consumed during binge : 650-700

The amount of time between realising I wanted to binge and starting the binge was ...........

Before I started to binge I was doing ......... homework

Before I started to binge I was feeling .......... bored and tired

During the binge I felt ...... upset, frustrated guilty

After the binge I felt ...... Regret and guilt and upset but also had motivation of how great tomorrow will be and how i will get back on track.

From this binge, I have learned ........ to get more sleep so that i have energy to exercise and not binge.

I am pleased with myself for having confessed to my binge, I can now move on from it without beating myself up. :smile:
  • jen_zz
    jen_zz Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options

Date of binge : June 9th

Time of binge : 3pm

Location of binge : at home (which is always where I binge)

Body language during binge (e.g. Sitting, standing, slumped, tense) : sitting in front of the computer (which is the only place I binge, I never binge just sitting there without a screen/tv in front of me) and occasionally getting up to get more food

Company kept (alone, friends, family, partner etc) : alone. (I only binge alone, perhaps time to force myself to hang out with others when I feel a binge coming along)

Approximate calories consumed during binge : 1500+

The amount of time between realising I wanted to binge and starting the binge was ........... about 10 minutes of agony telling myself DON"T ruin all those tough exercises with binge foods that's not worth it..

Before I started to binge I was doing ......... just walking around the house, bored actually

Before I started to binge I was feeling .......... bored

During the binge I felt ...... helpless, like i'm zoned out of my body, feeling guilt and disgust while my hands are stuffing food in my mouth

After the binge I felt ..... pissed off at myself. I KNOW better.

From this binge, I have learned ........ definitely dont' beat yourself up and DITCH the "all or nothing" mindset, which is easier said then done. Had a slice of bread, which just spiral-ed into chips, muffins, crackers, more bread. FCK processed carbs!!

I am pleased with myself for having confessed to my binge, I can now move on from it without beating myself up.
  • MFPRat
    MFPRat Posts: 201 Member
    Options

Date of binge : 6/10

Time of binge : All day, it started with pancakes in the morning, pizza for lunch, huge sandwich for dinner and then popcorn and a ton of candy at the movies

Location of binge : whereever I was at the moment

Body language during binge (e.g. Sitting, standing, slumped, tense) : sitting, tired

Company kept (alone, friends, family, partner etc) : family

Approximate calories consumed during binge : >2000

The amount of time between realising I wanted to binge and starting the binge was ........... Fighting it in the days leading up to it and all day the day of

Before I started to binge I was doing ......... Entertaining out of town family

Before I started to binge I was feeling .......... Like I wanted to participate in what everyone else was doing, left out if I didn't

During the binge I felt ...... Gross

After the binge I felt ...... Sick

From this binge, I have learned ........ I can't handle junk food like I used to

I am pleased with myself for having confessed to my binge, I can now move on from it without beating myself up. - I hope
  • confetti_blind
    confetti_blind Posts: 91 Member
    Options

Date of binge : 16 June 2013.

Time of binge : all day.

Location of binge : at home.

Body language during binge (e.g. Sitting, standing, slumped, tense) : sitting on sofa with TV on and with crossword puzzle in front of me, kind of paying attention to both, but mostly thinking about nothing except the binge food.

Company kept (alone, friends, family, partner etc) : alone.

Approximate calories consumed during binge : 5000+

The amount of time between realising I wanted to binge and starting the binge was ........... I had been looking forward to having the opportunity to binge for about a week because I knew that I would have the house to myself. So, I knew for about a week.

Before I started to binge I was doing ......... buying binge food from several different stores.

Before I started to binge I was feeling .......... excited to eat all the binge food which I had just bought.

During the binge I felt ...... like I didn't have to think about anything except the taste of the binge food and the feeling of my satisfied, full stomach. I didn't feel lonely, I felt really happy to be alone with all my favourite food around me. I felt like I loved the food and I think I felt like the food loved me back (weird).

After the binge I felt ...... disgusted, angry, physically sick and ashamed. And worried about hurting my body like this. I felt like I had cheated on everyone and that no one can ever find out. I ran around the house cleaning and removing the evidence and I drove to a garage to dispose of all the wrappers.

From this binge, I have learned ........ my planned binges are a lot worse for me in terms of calorie consumption. When I see opportunities where I know I am going to be alone, I begin planning binges. I look forward to being alone so that I can have a planned binge. When I binge eat, it is the only time that I really enjoy food and I feel very nurtured and loved by the food when I am eating it. Then I feel like crap afterwards.

I am pleased with myself for having confessed to my binge, I can now move on from it without beating myself up.

PS: I have never analysed a binge before. This was a really helpful idea as it made me think about stuff quite deeply. Thank you.
  • giveMEbeauty
    giveMEbeauty Posts: 192
    Options
    Ok I admit it I had a binge
    Date of binge 16/6/13
    Location at home
    Sitting
    Company boyfriend
    Binge3000+
    Felt like I was craving a binge all day . Time frame 2hrs. Felt disgusting
    Learned : to stop when full
  • Chocoholic55555
    Chocoholic55555 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing, glad you found it helpful :-)
  • barbara4599
    barbara4599 Posts: 114 Member
    Options

Date of binge : June 17 (last night)

Time of binge : about 5:30 - dinner

Location of binge : home

Body language during binge (e.g. Sitting, standing, slumped, tense) : sitting at computer

Company kept (alone, friends, family, partner etc) : with my daughter

Approximate calories consumed during binge : 1000 (daily total about 1700)

The amount of time between realising I wanted to binge and starting the binge was: a few minutes

Before I started to binge I was doing talking on phone about work...

Before I started to binge I was feeling stressed

During the binge I felt stressed

After the binge I felt stuffed and bummed.

From this binge, I have learned nothing! I know stress is a big trigger. Ugh! Must learn self control. Ok..at least I logged it. I don't usually do that.

• ObtainingBalance
    ObtainingBalance Posts: 1,446 Member
    Options
    I'm so proud of everyone here for evaluating the binge and making an effort to move on.

<3
  • mazzasweet
    mazzasweet Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Love this thread!

Date of binge : June 17 (last night)

Time of binge : 11 PM

Body language during binge (e.g. Sitting, standing, slumped, tense) : laying in bed

Approximate calories consumed during binge : 1000+/-

The amount of time between realising I wanted to binge and starting the binge was: I 'stalled' it for a few minutes...

Before I started to binge I was: Trying to fall asleep

Before I started to binge I was feeling: fearful, stressed

During the binge I felt: gratified, disappointed (in myself), auto-pilot

After the binge I felt: groggy, ashamed, angry with myself

From this binge, I have learned: It's a long road. I have binged during the night since childhood and it isn't an easy 'habit' to break. I can only take it one night at a time and try harder, pray more and use 'tools' I have learned.
  • WannabeStressFree
    WannabeStressFree Posts: 340 Member
    Options

Date of binge : 6-13

Time of binge : evening

Body language during binge (e.g. Sitting, standing, slumped, tense) : sitting, slumped

Approximate calories consumed during binge : 2,000

The amount of time between realising I wanted to binge and starting the binge was ...........5 mins

Before I started to binge I was doing ......... getting home
    Before I started to binge I was feeling .......... sad

During the binge I felt ...... good yet guilty

After the binge I felt ...... ok with it, knowing I'd restart the next day fresh

From this binge, I have learned ........ I still felt sad after binge, so binge didn't help whatsoever

• berumotto
    berumotto Posts: 40
    Options
    Ok, I admit it, I had a binge. Again.

Date of binge : 18th June

Time of binge : 12Pm

Location of binge : Home

Body language during binge (e.g. Sitting, standing, slumped, tense) : sitting and reading

Approximate calories consumed during binge : 1400 during binge, over 3000 for whole day

The amount of time between realising I wanted to binge and starting the binge was ........... it had been coming on all day.

Before I started to binge I had been feeling like a failure

During the binge I felt like I had let go of a weight.

After the binge I felt sick, guilty & disgusting.

From this binge, I have learned that food can be comforting but I cannot live and do this anymore.
  • nkayyy
    nkayyy Posts: 46
    Options

Date of binge : 6-138

Time of binge : Late afternoon / Evening

Location of binge : Friend's graduation party

Body language during binge (e.g. Sitting, standing, slumped, tense) : Varied throughout the night... I stayed at the party from 5:30 to 8:30 and ate fattening foods the whole time. Sometimes I ate alone in the kitchen, other times I loaded my plate (repeatedly) and ate as I talked to friends. Basically, there was hardly a moment in that 3 hours when I wasn't eating something.

Company kept (alone, friends, family, partner etc) : Friends, plus other party guests

Approximate calories consumed during binge : 3,000? I don't even know... and that was on top of ALREADY going over my daily goal by 1,000 earlier in the day.

The amount of time between realizing I wanted to binge and starting the binge was ...........10 minutes? I kind of knew I was going to all day tbh, but I never really owned up to it and I totally allowed it to happen.

Before I started to binge I was doing ......... various errands throughout the day. I'd been eating kind of a lot but tracking my calories very carefully and planning on burning it off later through exercise.
    Before I started to binge I was feeling .......... tempted by the yummy-looking food at the party. I've always had very healthy food at home, so my binges have always happened when I'm out with friends.

During the binge I felt ...... like I was sabotaging myself, but at the same time, a sense of freedom and almost rebellious excitement about "getting" to eat the food I'd felt deprived of.

After the binge I felt ...... really gross and sick to my stomach and unattractive. But I hid it well when I was with my friends.

From this binge, I have learned ........ It isn't worth it. No matter how fat or ugly I feel, I need to get in a better mindset and not turn to food for emotional support. Also, I seriously need to cut out this habit of binging at social events. It looks bad and prevents me from fully engaging with others.
  • zenalasca
    zenalasca Posts: 563 Member
    Options

It was last Friday, just after eating a lot during the day and eating a lot at work (a chocolate bar, I work at a chocolate bar that is). Even though I'd walked a lot, and burned quite a bit off at work, I was still over and I found that extremely annoying.

It was mid-morning/afternoon just after I had come back from going to to an exam a couple of days too early.

Location: My BF's room (my BF wasn't in the room, I just scared him away by being cranky that morning. I'd gone over by 800 calories the previous day and could have easily burned off 400 calories and gone on my way, but I was brooding).

Body language: Using mp laptop on my BF's bed while sitting on the floor, and not even using the desk when he vacated it.

Company kept: BF wanted to give me "alone time" because he thought he was annoying me. I'd bought a 250 bar of chocolate mostly for him, but then ended up eating most of it myself, as well as a box of muesli bars (nearly- I had 5).

Approximate calories consumed during binge: I was over my calorie goal by 2000 that day. Let's see...
    Whittaker's white chocolate (162 g): 800
    Uncle Toby's chewy muesli chocolate bars (5): 600
    Jelly Belly lollies: about 300 cals worth
    Peanut butter (65 g): 290
    Total: about 2000, 2400 if you include the meal

On the positive side, I didn't eat the rest of the muesli bars (18 bar box), didn't eat pb by itself, left some choccy for my beloved and worked off 1000 from exercise! In fact, I don't think I would have xerci

The amount of time between realizing I wanted to binge and starting the binge was: About an hour, which is the amount of time it took to use my computer, snack on chocolate and try pb with chocolate and muesli bars that I realized I couldn't starve myself just because I went over by 800 the previous day. I had it all work out. I was going to wait til dinner to eat and stuff. But I realised I needed proper food and had the meal. I had a TV dinner which was a good beef stew with mashed potato and made me feel full. Despite this, I continued to eat chocolate throughout the day, but only really realized the second part of the binge when I logged it all on MFP several hours later.

Before I started to binge I was doing: Study for my Asian history exam. Doing map quizzes and listening to lectures while reading stuff on MFP.

Before I started to binge I was feeling: Confused by my BF's absence from the room and bewildered when he returned later, asking me something like "Do you feel okay now?" Of course I didn't, but it wasn't his fault. He left the room and I ate more chocolate, this time in a state of misery and self hatred.

During the binge I felt like I no longer cared about losing weight, and what's the point if your BF doesn't want to put up with you when you're in a bad mood?

After the binge I felt absolutely terrible, and stupid, and like I had no self control anymore. even had two muesli bars with pb the next morning. But they satisfied my strange urge to eat ALL the muesli bars somehow.

From this binge, I have learned that I can't beat myself up for a slip, otherwise things just get worse. If I go for a run, I automatically feel intensely better. My BF is very supportive about this, he will go for runs with me at any time of the day or night.

On the positive side, I didn't eat the rest of the muesli bars (18 bar box), didn't eat pb by itself, left some choccy for my beloved and worked off 1000 from exercise! In fact, I don't think I would have exercised if I'd not had the binge. Not that the binge was a good thing: It made me feel miserable, give me a MASSIVE sugar spike and made it so I was eating less than usual for a couple of days.
  • darleha
    darleha Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I just joined this group and think analyzing a binge is a great idea and provides some distance between me and the binge. I am not the binge!

Date of binge : 6-19

Time of binge : Beginning about 4, ending at 9

Location of binge : Kitchen and living room

Body language during binge (e.g. Sitting, standing, slumped, tense) : sitting

Company kept (alone, friends, family, partner etc) : alone, but kids around for parts of it.

Approximate calories consumed during binge : ???3000??

The amount of time between realising I wanted to binge and starting the binge was ........... I was overeating before I was bingeing. I "crossed" the line without a pause.

Before I started to binge I was doing ......... eating a reasonable, but unstructured meal.

Before I started to binge I was feeling .......... anxious, disappointed, under pressure, confused about whether I wanted/should lose more weight, inadequate, overwhelmed.

During the binge I felt ...... soothed, disconnected

After the binge I felt ...... sick, physically in pain

From this binge, I have learned ........ I want a way to disconnect from the feelings of being overwhelmed. Perhaps laying in bed for awhile would have given me similar relief. I feel anxious when I'm not eating in a structured way right now.

• jen_zz
    jen_zz Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    Ok, I admit it, I had a binge. Again (This is my second time posting.. everytime I binge I always tell myself this is the LAST time I do this but it keeps recurring!! I need to make sure this is the absolutely LAST time)

Date of binge : 20th June

Time of binge : 10pm

Body language during binge (e.g. Sitting, standing, slumped, tense) : sitting on my bed with laptop

Company kept (alone, friends, family, partner etc) : alone (as always)

Approximate calories consumed during binge : 2000 during binge, over 2500 for whole day

The amount of time between realising I wanted to binge and starting the binge was ........... 15 mins of a tug-o-war in my mind should I binge no yes no

Before I started to binge I had been feeling like.. fine actually, not stressed, had a pretty good day, really don't know why I wanted to binge

During the binge I felt like absolute CRAP

After the binge I felt DISGUSTED and disappointed

From this binge, I have learned that watching tv in bed on laptop triggers my binge, so either just chew gum or not watch tv at all

• kaybeau
    kaybeau Posts: 198 Member
    Options

Date of binge : today

Time of binge : 8 am

Location of binge : kitchen

Body language during binge (e.g. Sitting, standing, slumped, tense) : standing by the toaster knife in hand

Company kept (alone, friends, family, partner etc) : everyone upstairs

Approximate calories consumed during binge : 800 in 10 minutes

The amount of time between realising I wanted to binge and starting the binge was ........... seconds

Before I started to binge I was doing .........breakfast for me and the kids ate my own toast while more was in the toaster and then ate the kids breakfast, polished off with a packet of pickled onion crisps shared with the dog.. 10 minutes and my days calories are nearly done!

Before I started to binge I was feeling ..........tired

During the binge I felt ......satisfied

After the binge I felt ......\annoyed at till having to make breakfast AGAIN

From this binge, I have learned ........that I will eat the kids breakfast but will just have to face food all over again when I make it for real.

• Amber82479
    Amber82479 Posts: 629 Member
    Options

Date of binge : 6/21/13

Time of binge : Evening

Body language during binge (e.g. Sitting, standing, slumped, tense) : Sitting on couch

Company kept (alone, friends, family, partner etc) : Alone

Approximate calories consumed during binge : No clue, but a lot.

The amount of time between realising I wanted to binge and starting the binge was ........... 5 minutes?

Before I started to binge I was doing ......... Reading

Before I started to binge I was feeling .......... Convinced I needed to binge, and knowing I'd hate myself later

During the binge I felt ...... Stupid because i knew it wasn't worth it with every bite I took

After the binge I felt ...... Disappointed

From this binge, I have learned ........ That it never does anything but make me feel worse.

• shalleland
    shalleland Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I am going to do this if I do binge. Based on 42 years of experience knowing myself, this is not out of the question, though I am truly trying to control my eating behavior.
  • sammylacasse
    Options
    bump, this is just great!
  • cindyreborn
    cindyreborn Posts: 11 Member
    Options

Date of binge : 6/25/13

Time of binge : 9 AM - 11 AM

Location of binge : living room

Body language during binge (e.g. Sitting, standing, slumped, tense) :sitting, tense

Company kept (alone, friends, family, partner etc) : alone (kids in other room)

Approximate calories consumed during binge : 2500

The amount of time between realising I wanted to binge and starting the binge was ........... minutes

Before I started to binge I was doing ......... eating breakfast, watching TV

Before I started to binge I was feeling .......... anxious, overwhelmed

During the binge I felt ......comforted

After the binge I felt ......disgusted with myself, uncomfortable

From this binge, I have learned ........I have options. I can give myself permission to relax and step out of my "have tos" without turning to food to force myself to take a time out.