What "type" do you attract?

Options

Replies

• sandybeaches00
    sandybeaches00 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Maybe all the men can answer why I just get stared at and not approached. Am I unapproachable? I don't understand why I will feel men's eye's on me soooo hard, and yet, nothing. They don't come up to me, they just stare. Weirdest thing. I'm the nicest and easiest to talk to person. I wish I understood what the problem was. I'm a makeup artist, so the majority of my days are spent entirely with women. I would like to at least go on some dates though, it's been a while and for the life of me, I can't figure out where to meet men. I don't drink really, and even if I did, I wouldn't want to meet someone at a bar, that's not the ideal location to me. At this point, I'm open. In the past, I tend to attract "fixer uppers" with serious mommy issues. Let's break that habbit, okay? hahahaha

MEN, give me some feedback, por favor!

I would certainly approach you! Sometimes it's hard for guys to start up a conversation with a total stranger. But once they break the ice, they are usually 'good to go'.

You dress nice and take care of yourself, so I'm sure the right guy will approach you sooner or later.

I agree, I'm not worried about weather or not I will get approached someday, I think I more concerned if I'm coming off as unapproachable. I mean, I do take care of myself. I handle my money well. I love my job, I don't drink or sleep around, I have good core values. I think that I'm just personally astounded by the fact that more men don't ask me out. but then again, where would they? At the makeup store I work at? at the gym? I always try not to make eye contact while working out there, I'm there for other reasons, maybe I should switch up my strategy...
  • sandybeaches00
    Options
    Maybe all the men can answer why I just get stared at and not approached. Am I unapproachable? I don't understand why I will feel men's eye's on me soooo hard, and yet, nothing. They don't come up to me, they just stare. Weirdest thing. I'm the nicest and easiest to talk to person. I wish I understood what the problem was. I'm a makeup artist, so the majority of my days are spent entirely with women. I would like to at least go on some dates though, it's been a while and for the life of me, I can't figure out where to meet men. I don't drink really, and even if I did, I wouldn't want to meet someone at a bar, that's not the ideal location to me. At this point, I'm open. In the past, I tend to attract "fixer uppers" with serious mommy issues. Let's break that habbit, okay? hahahaha

MEN, give me some feedback, por favor!

I looked at your pictures and in almost everyone of them you are dressed very nice, your hair is done up and your make up looks perfect - even the one where it looks like you're about to get on a plane. It kind of screams expensive tastes and high maintenance. I hope I don't get jumped on for that. I think you look quite attractive. I'm old enough I wouldn't approach you regardless but if if I was younger I would assume you were nice to look at but would be a pain in the *kitten* to deal with.

No this is helpful, I worry about this sometimes, I consider myself a class act, and I like to carry myself as such... but in an affordable manner. I am the queen of "the look for less" Almost everything I buy is on sale, you wouldn't believe how thrifty I am, I am a very smart shopper. Plus, I make my own money and I am debt free, I own my car and I have been working since I was 16. And as for my makeup and hair... Well, There's is nothing wrong in taking pride of yourself. I prefer to look and feel my best. I like to be the best, in most everything that I do. Not to mention, I'm a makeup artist. I'm literally paid to look good and help others look good every single day. It takes me a total of 10 minutes at the most to throw my hair up and enhance my features, it's second nature to me-I've been doing it for so long. You know... a pain in the *kitten* to deal with, perhaps I'm a handful.... I consider myself a girl who rolls with the punches, but I guess we would have to do exit interviews with my exes to find out the truth. I can tell you this much, they all still try to contact me, and maintain friendships... whatever that means, I don't know...
  • sandybeaches00
    Options
    thank you, old men approach me and say things like "I bet those eyes get you in trouble" or "how many boyfriends do you have?" and I'm like zip zero zilch. hahaha, I just get hard looks and no follow through. I smile, I'm outgoing, I'm funny. I don't get it... help plz!

Hey -- you're quite pretty -- so why don't you just take the reigns and ask a guy out? Or approach one that is looking at you? Just do it... the only thing that can happen is they say no and then you're right back where you started. I think you need to take the initiative on this one!

I am never the aggressor in that sense. I need a man who takes control. I'm old fashioned, I prefer being courted by a man, not the other way around. I feel that the opposite approach has a recipe for disaster. Thank you kindly for the compliment and feedback
  • JanieJack
    JanieJack Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    I think I more concerned if I'm coming off as unapproachable. I mean, I do take care of myself. I handle my money well. I love my job, I don't drink or sleep around, I have good core values. I think that I'm just personally astounded by the fact that more men don't ask me out.

eagerly anticipating the men's responses to this...
  • InvidiaXII
    InvidiaXII Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I tend to attract hyper - committed "nice guys" who usually have similar interests but opposite personalities of mine. Really sweet, low key, usually clueless, not big on partying.... But ultimately a bit clingy and boring.
  • lorro
    lorro Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    I tend to attract hyper - committed "nice guys" who usually have similar interests but opposite personalities of mine. Really sweet, low key, usually clueless, not big on partying.... But ultimately a bit clingy and boring.

They sound ideal, if you were 20 years older I'd ask you to send them my way! :laugh:
  • Roadie2000
    Roadie2000 Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    I think I more concerned if I'm coming off as unapproachable. I mean, I do take care of myself. I handle my money well. I love my job, I don't drink or sleep around, I have good core values. I think that I'm just personally astounded by the fact that more men don't ask me out.

Tough to say without actually knowing you, you're both pretty attractive but approachability has a lot to do with body language. I will say a smile can go a long way though.
  • sandybeaches00
    Options

Tough to say without actually knowing you, you're both pretty attractive but approachability has a lot to do with body language. I will say a smile can go a long way though.

Body language? meaning? I smile all the time, I'm friendly and happy
  • Roadie2000
    Roadie2000 Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    Body language? meaning? I smile all the time, I'm friendly and happy
    If you see a guy checking you out do you smile at him or do you get shy and turn away? Being unapproachable to me means that someone gives off a vibe that they don't want to be approached. Maybe they're shy, they don't smile at people or make eye contact with them, when they go out they only seem to talk to their friends and nobody else, they just seem closed off to the world, always with a group of friends, or I just think they are too attractive and I chicken out.

More approachable people just seem more fun, confident, they type of person that would strike up a conversation with anyone.

Usually if I'm going to approach someone I need eye contact or a smile, and they need to be alone or in a smaller group. It's tough to approach a group of five girls and only focus on one. Usually there's one person that does the most talking and it's not always the one that you wanted to talk to. It may not be you at all, just the situations you are in. Like I said, tough to say without really knowing someone.
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    Not essentially the type you are attracted to, but what types of women/men always seem to like you. For me i attract alot of older women(35+), otherwise shy women (guess i dont make many nervous) and alot of really skinny women (even though i prefer my women thick) how about you

My initial reply is "Um, none?" :laugh:
  • NCTravellingGirl
    NCTravellingGirl Posts: 717 Member
    Options

My initial reply is "Um, none?" :laugh:

I would say the same generally but can say that the few who pay me any attention are really old (seriously, like my parents age), a different race (the average white guy is less interested in a bigger girl) , Or he's HOT as hell and a player ( they've had a thing for big boobs and figure out I struggle with confidence from the weight and am an easy mark).
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    Alpha Males.

Usually, in the past, those that were on the brink of a mindblowing life change.
  • IronmanPanda
    IronmanPanda Posts: 2,083 Member
    Options
    Is "None" a type? If so that.
  • poshcouture
    Options
    The emotionally unavailable and bankrupt type of all races and walks of life...lbvs
  • hteejay
    hteejay Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Was once told: SOME WOMEN SAY THEY ARE LOOKING FOR MR. RIGHT BUT ARE YOU MS. RIGHT?IN REALITY THEY ARE JUST LOOKING FOE MR. RIGHT NOW"

I get it all.. "Im sexy and I know it!' j/k
  • kristen6022
    kristen6022 Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    Typically. Losers, men who need mothers, and guys under 5'11.

Oddly enough I'm only attracted to guys over 5'11.

Until recently I pretty much gave up on attracting a decent, fun, good guy that I was actually attracted to.
  • NeedANewFocus
    NeedANewFocus Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    Men over 30.

what's wrong with men over 30?
  • Mellie289
    Mellie289 Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options
    Smart and funny, just like I like 'em!
  • Sarah_Wins
    Sarah_Wins Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    Apparently.... OLD :noway:
  • Randomdude99
    Options
    I can't see a trend but I think most of the time it's around 20-28 ish women.