Like Minded Lushes - August 2012

Options

Replies

• rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    But I need to finish the open bottle of wine first, right?

Absolutely!!!!
  • surlydave
    surlydave Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    OK kiddos, I am back. Again. Going to try to go booze free through Thursday. So much like Julia Roberts in Pretty Woman, I'll be here for the week.
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options
    Last week's tally:

Sunday: 1 beer
    Monday: 0
    Tuesday: 2 glasses chard, 2 glasses sparkling white
    Wednesday : 0
    Thursday: 2 small dirty martinis, 1 glass red
    Friday: 4ish glasses wine, couple ounces sake
    Saturday: 3 beers, 4 glasses wine
    Sunday: 1 beer

I plan on staying dry till Thursday (book club) and drinking minimally Friday. Saturday we have dinner plans with friends but remembering going to bed would be good.
  • kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    WOW I had a really lushy weekend but I had such an awesome time having no plans and just hanging out with my husband! LOVE those weekends.
    Friday-1/2 beer, 2 shots of sweet tea vodka, and 12oz of wine
    Saturday-OH BOY ready for this......split a beer before we went to the mall, then we went to lunch and each had 2 20oz beers, then split a growler, then had another beer, while playing pool and darts.
    Sunday-I slept super late sunday...like 1030am late :laugh: But I must have slept wrong because I woke up and could barely move my neck....stupid herniated disc. So I missed my run yesterday morning and instead sat on the couch with a heat wrap and some martinis. 4 martinis and a glass of wine.
    Monday-depending on how my neck feels after work I may go for a run the weather is gorgeous here, finally the humidity and high temps have subsided. So if I go for a run I will probably have wine....who am I kidding I will probably have wine anyway :wink:
  • rjadams
    Options
    You are always welcome Papa Lush.

Yesterday was bad. I had an awesome peach daiquari at brunch and then 1/2 a bottle of wine and then two huge vodka rocks to help me cool down. (it was hot yesterday)

Doug's birthday is this week and he is taking Wed-Fri off so I am sure it will be a lushy week. Oh well wha't a girl gonna do.

My motto for the week is MODERATION!!!!!!! Wish me luck.

Oh I posted this pic on FB it was of a little flask that said "I didn't text you..... Vodka texted you"
  • ChLoE1130
    ChLoE1130 Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    Hello lushes! I am back from my mini vacay up in the Northwoods of Wisc and boy did we drink!

Monday-0
    Tuesday-0
    Wednesday- about 1.5 bottles of red
    Thursday- bloody Mary, 2 summer shandys, and soooo much wine I cant even count (husbands uncle does a wine tasting with cheese and sausage and covered the labels on the wine and say which one we liked best)
    Friday- beers on the boat all day and then his uncle did a beer tasting similar to the wine tasting and then the wine kept flowing
    Saturday- 2 glasses of wine with lunch, 3 vodka tonics and a miller lite
    Sunday-0

This week I am totally detoxing!
  • SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    I'm going to shoot for 0s along with Dave and you others going for a no booze week. I can do it. (She tells herself rather weakly)

Kate, hope your neck feels better. I hate when that happens...tell hubby a massage is in order!
    Omg Robin, that made me laugh. I need to send that to my g/f.

Have a great week everyone!
  • zippo32
    zippo32 Posts: 1,419 Member
    Options
    Sat - 4 beers
    Sun - 4 beers
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    Ok, Weekend was good. Friday=2 drinks, a marg and a beer
    Saturday-beer fest, I tasted 13 beers in 5 oz glasses, then went on to have two more beers.
    Sunday=0 drinks!
    Might detox this week, I got a 5k Friday and Warrior Dash on Sunday.
    Sept-October I am going to try and drink only once per week. You can all inspire me here:tongue:
  • Kat120285
    Kat120285 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Went to the Beer and Chili challenge yesterday and sampled 43 beers and some delicious chili. It was from 12-4 so after we all took a nap then the fiancé came home and bummed around on the couch. Woke up and felt fine and this week I'm going for 0's until Saturday as I have my first dress fitting and I'd like to not be poofy from the booze. All in all it was a good weekend :smile: About to get my work outs done soon and then wait for the fiancé to get home at a normal time finally :happy:
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    Horrible, horrible day on the unit yesterday. I was literally in tears. I have never been so under-appreciated. I am sure that the patients were wondering what was wrong with their bi-polar nurse with her watery eyes and red nose. Geez Louise, what a hot mess it was.

The cure was a tampon and a bottle of wine. Then, slept like a baby.

Off to work and then I am going to be good for the rest of the week, I hope.
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    awww kim. :flowerforyou:
    I did LOL @ the tampon and bottle of wine cure though.
  • surlydave
    surlydave Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    awww kim. :flowerforyou:
    I did LOL @ the tampon and bottle of wine cure though.

Is it wrong that I did as well?
  • rjadams
    Options
    Nothing is ever wrong on this thread. That's why we like it here.:wink:
  • amcanzo
    amcanzo Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Im debating trying to go alcohol free until Maui.
    But I need to finish the open bottle of wine first, right?

DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT let that open bottle of wine go to waste - that's like alcohol abuse!!! :huh: That would just be wrong!!

That being said - I am absolutely, positively going for zero's all week. Drank like a freakin' fish this weekend (hubby's bday weekend - major celebrating!!) Gotta get the scale movin again and it just isn't gonna happen with alcohol!

Of course, all bets are off for the weekend as we're going up north for hubby's family reunion....:drinker: :drinker: alcohol is in order once you're around an entire family of Irishmen! :ohwell:
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options
    I "caved" and had a drink last night. It was only 4 ounces of sauvignon blanc so I actually barely count that as a drink. My husband was at Mumford and Sons drinking beer, so I felt entitled to at least a little. I left an entire glass in an open bottle! And on season premier night of Intervention. Oh how I love to catch a buzz while watching addicts get intervened on......

So:
    Sunday: 1 (it was a Bud Light so I hardly count that either)
    Monday: 4oz. of sauv blanc

Tonight and tomorrow to be 0's too.
  • kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    No run last night, neck is still aggravated, but I will attempt some yoga tonight and I think I will stay away from the gym this week, as to not tempt me to push myself, unless I feel 100%, its just not worth it!!! I continued to go the last time I aggravated it and it never fully healed!!! :sad: I know :laugh:
    Monday-8oz of wine
    Tuesday-8oz of wine....that'll pretty much be the trend for the week :happy:
  • rjadams
    Options
    I just really didn't feel like cooking or eating dinner last night so vodka made a great substitute! :laugh:

the scale is still slowly creeping downward. gotta love that.
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    Oh Kate, I'm sorry you're hurting. Hope you heal soon.

0 last night! Lets see if I can keep it going. Gunna swim today and that always makes me hungry and thirsty for an adult beverage.
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    I "caved" and had a drink last night. It was only 4 ounces of sauvignon blanc so I actually barely count that as a drink. My husband was at Mumford and Sons drinking beer, so I felt entitled to at least a little. I left an entire glass in an open bottle! And on season premier night of Intervention. Oh how I love to catch a buzz while watching addicts get intervened on......

ha, I was watching too! I managed not to drink though. That's 2 0s in row!