Where are my fellow P90xers?

Options

Replies

• StarvingDiva
    StarvingDiva Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    Day 15 today! My arms are still killing me from Kenpo X on Saturday. After my chest & shoulders DVD this morning I coated my upper body with tiger balm so hopefully that will help. I'm getting antsy about how much progress I'm making but it is still 2 weeks until I check in with the scale and measuring tape. Had a calorie bust on the weekend because of guests coming over for BBQ but other than that I have been sticking to my counts and doing okay with my ratios. I got push up stands and am waiting on my yoga block and weighted gloves to amp up my workouts. Hoping for another good week!

Hope you are all going well with your workouts!

Tiger Balm is the best isn't it! The first time I did legs and back, the next day I could hardly walk, I needed to lather the quads up at bedtime. HA!

You are doing great! I just completed Phase 1 myself, start Phase 2 tomorrow. YIKES!
  • Barberini
    Barberini Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Day 15 today! My arms are still killing me from Kenpo X on Saturday. After my chest & shoulders DVD this morning I coated my upper body with tiger balm so hopefully that will help. I'm getting antsy about how much progress I'm making but it is still 2 weeks until I check in with the scale and measuring tape. Had a calorie bust on the weekend because of guests coming over for BBQ but other than that I have been sticking to my counts and doing okay with my ratios. I got push up stands and am waiting on my yoga block and weighted gloves to amp up my workouts. Hoping for another good week!

Hope you are all going well with your workouts!

Tiger Balm is the best isn't it! The first time I did legs and back, the next day I could hardly walk, I needed to lather the quads up at bedtime. HA!

You are doing great! I just completed Phase 1 myself, start Phase 2 tomorrow. YIKES!

Thanks! Good luck with phase 2!
  • shaycat
    shaycat Posts: 980
    Options
    QUESTION**.. Whats the secret to GREAT abs? Do you work them every day to achieve faster/better results? I know Tony says you don't need ARX everyday, but I'm just curious if I could change things up a bit, work them out everyday but not do ARX..

I think ab ripper 3 times a week should be enough. Although abs do heal quicker I think so you could work them more often. Once your body fat % starts dropping you will be able to see your abs more.
  • shaycat
    shaycat Posts: 980
    Options
    Today starts week 4 for me recovery week. I am not really looking forward to Yoga X twice this week. I will give it my all today, but I might just need to go for a run on Friday.
  • BryGuy2
    BryGuy2 Posts: 244
    Options
    QUESTION**.. Whats the secret to GREAT abs? Do you work them every day to achieve faster/better results? I know Tony says you don't need ARX everyday, but I'm just curious if I could change things up a bit, work them out everyday but not do ARX..

There is no real secret to great abs. Ab ripper is a great workout and I recommend sticking to that as tony recommends. You can do other ab workouts on other days, but the only real way to get toned abs is to eat right. I know it sounds obvious, but there is no other real way. you can work your abs hard everyday, but it wont make a difference if you dont eat right.

Thats why I see some big muscular guys with bellies, they dont have the proper diet. You can do research on the right foods to eat, but I know thats all it comes down to.
  • kalawhon
    kalawhon Posts: 162 Member
    Options

There is no real secret to great abs. Ab ripper is a great workout and I recommend sticking to that as tony recommends. You can do other ab workouts on other days, but the only real way to get toned abs is to eat right. I know it sounds obvious, but there is no other real way. you can work your abs hard everyday, but it wont make a difference if you dont eat right.

Thats why I see some big muscular guys with bellies, they dont have the proper diet. You can do research on the right foods to eat, but I know thats all it comes down to.

Thanks @shay and Bry... yes I assume I will have to seriously take control over what I eat, I'm losing fat by the week it seems being in my 2nd round, I've def. watched what I've eaten. I've just got to control that darn Sweet tooth.. gagh!!! Haha.. I'm trying like crazy to eat more fruits & veggies but gosh it can be tough when your family shoves bad food in your face.... It's all on me guys and gals I guess! :)
  • kalawhon
    Options
    Today starts week 4 for me recovery week. I am not really looking forward to Yoga X twice this week. I will give it my all today, but I might just need to go for a run on Friday.
    Haha girl you sound ssoooo much like me, I dislike that Yoga, I skipped it my first round, but I'm begining to like it this round, it def. gives you more flexibility and streches those muscles! Try it one evening when you don't have a lot to do, dim the lights, light a few candles and see if that will help. That's what I had to do, it helped! :)
  • znm100
    znm100 Posts: 148
    Options
    ok im back... I missed most of my recovery week last week, which sucks... Put on 6 lbs in 5 days. My grandma got rushed to the hospital 400 miles away so I had to drive back and spend 5 days at the hospital basically just sitting and eating ****ty food. I could have chosen some healthier options, but I guess I was stress eating :/... anyways, the didnt think she was going to make it through that afternoon, and she actually got moved out of intensive care yesterday so she is def. improving.

So I popped in chest, shoulders, and triceps today to get back in the swing... and I injured my shoulder doing the exercise that is like a downward dog and a pushup at the same time... i tried to continue on with the workout, but I just couldn't, it felt like my shoulder was on fire and my arm was going to fall off... I am so upset... I didn't even make it half way through the workout...

I hope it doesn't hold me back passed today... i have some catching up to do...
  • StarvingDiva
    Options
    ok im back... I missed most of my recovery week last week, which sucks... Put on 6 lbs in 5 days. My grandma got rushed to the hospital 400 miles away so I had to drive back and spend 5 days at the hospital basically just sitting and eating ****ty food. I could have chosen some healthier options, but I guess I was stress eating :/... anyways, the didnt think she was going to make it through that afternoon, and she actually got moved out of intensive care yesterday so she is def. improving.

So I popped in chest, shoulders, and triceps today to get back in the swing... and I injured my shoulder doing the exercise that is like a downward dog and a pushup at the same time... i tried to continue on with the workout, but I just couldn't, it felt like my shoulder was on fire and my arm was going to fall off... I am so upset... I didn't even make it half way through the workout...

Hope your grandmother is okay as well as your shoulder. Hopefully you didn't pull anything.
  • kalawhon
    Options

Oh man, I'm sorry for your grandmother and your hurt shoulder. like Diva said I hope you didn't pull a muscle and hopefully it will heal soon. It doesn't sound like your weekend/week.. :( Praying for ya!
  • Barberini
    Options

I'm so sorry to hear you had such a tough week. I'm so impressed that you didn't give up though. You got back on that horse, pushed play, and took responsibility of your health. You should be proud. Take it easy getting back into it, the last thing you want is an injury that means you can't finish the program right now. You have done so well, we're all here to support you.

Your emotional well being is very important here, too. I'm glad you took the time to spend with your grandmother, and I am so glad she seems to be improving. Take good care of all aspects of your health.
  • znm100
    Options
    thank you very much everyone for the concern... It is appreciated...

Shoulder feels mostly better today, which is a relief... And I don't need it for Plyo today, so hopefully by thursdays yoga x it will be all better...
  • StarvingDiva
    Options
    So first day of Phase 2. Did Chest, Shoulders and Triceps, it didn't seem as hard as Chest and Back is, but by the end when I was doing the dumbell crossover punches my arms felt like lead, so hopefully it's doing something good!

Ab Ripper X however felt so hard again, like I am doing it for the first time, that recovery week without doing ARX really brings you back to step one. Yikes!
  • kalawhon
    Options
    So first day of Phase 2. Did Chest, Shoulders and Triceps, it didn't seem as hard as Chest and Back is, but by the end when I was doing the dumbell crossover punches my arms felt like lead, so hopefully it's doing something good!

Ab Ripper X however felt so hard again, like I am doing it for the first time, that recovery week without doing ARX really brings you back to step one. Yikes!

Oh my goodness, Che.Sh.&Trics made my arms feel like jello afterwards, I couldn't make it through the last 15 minutes bc my arms were aroub to fall off. haha
    but it felt so good tho afterwards. Shaky!! :)
    And my abs are sore today, it def. feels like the first time. haha
  • znm100
    Options
    I am sore today after yesterdays first plyo x after my 'recovery' week. dfinately like starting over, but i thought i could push myself further yesterday as well, so that's good.

Have a great day everyone
  • StarvingDiva
    Options
    I am sore today after yesterdays first plyo x after my 'recovery' week. dfinately like starting over, but i thought i could push myself further yesterday as well, so that's good.

Have a great day everyone

Feeling the pain after Chest, Shoulders and Triceps, I guess it was better than I thought. HA! I have Plyox today and I am procrastinating, and now you are not making it sound much better. HAHA!

You are doing great.
  • BryGuy2
    Options
    It looks like you all did a tremendous job on the first phase. It should be day 30 or pretty close for some of you. Where are you at? What are you stats? Weight loss, measurements, comments, experiences. Let's hear them. I am still on the first phase as I took a couple weeks of being sick and out of town.

I had an awesome Plyo workout yesterday and definitely feeling it, but I know i'm getting more used to it.
  • StarvingDiva
    Options
    It looks like you all did a tremendous job on the first phase. It should be day 30 or pretty close for some of you. Where are you at? What are you stats? Weight loss, measurements, comments, experiences. Let's hear them. I am still on the first phase as I took a couple weeks of being sick and out of town.

I had an awesome Plyo workout yesterday and definitely feeling it, but I know i'm getting more used to it.

My stats for Phase 1 (30 days) is 8.5 lbs and 4.25 inches.
  • Barberini
    Options
    My arm is finally better! I think I strained my brachioradialis doing negative pullups on Friday, and it took a few days to settle. I managed to get through shoulders and arms today without any problems so I think I have avoided an actual injury (thank goodness!). I got a delivery from amazon today of a yoga block and some weighted gloves. Looking forward to adding to my workouts with those. :)

Keep up the good work, team!
  • BryGuy2
    Options
    Hey Nicole that's exciting about the packages and great to hear you avoided an injury. That's what I love about p90x is that it helps to prevent injury. keep up the awesome work.

@StarvingDiva: Awesome results! Keep up the awesome work!