2nd Trimester

Options

Replies

• VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    Hey all. I'm 13 weeks now, and I'm having some trouble with swelling in my feet, ankles, and calves especially if I'm sitting in my office all day. It seems to be not so bad if I am able to walk around most of the day, but it's been somewhat uncomfortable when they swell up to do much of anything.

My blood pressure is normal (actually a bit lower than normal). No swelling in hands or face or anywhere but my feet (right foot seems to swell more than the left strangely enough) so I don't think this is pre-eclampsia.

Is there anything I an do to abate the swelling or prevent it?
  • katydid25
    katydid25 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Hey all. I'm 13 weeks now, and I'm having some trouble with swelling in my feet, ankles, and calves especially if I'm sitting in my office all day. It seems to be not so bad if I am able to walk around most of the day, but it's been somewhat uncomfortable when they swell up to do much of anything.

My blood pressure is normal (actually a bit lower than normal). No swelling in hands or face or anywhere but my feet (right foot seems to swell more than the left strangely enough) so I don't think this is pre-eclampsia.

This happened with my sister in law around the same time. Her feet were so swollen, she could only wear flip flops. Unfortunately, there was nothing she could do to get it do down and her doctor just told her over and over to drink more water. But with her, it was nothing serious.
  • blink1021
    blink1021 Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options

[/quote

My sister had swelling but it was due to her standing on her feet for long periods of time. Her doctor told her to drink more water and elevate her feet. With my first pregnancy I had high blood pressure but was not considered toxic or having preeclampsia. Unfortunately swelling happens I had some at 16 weeks from sitting in a car traveling. I walked around to get the blood moving and when sitting I elevated and it went away.
  • bellisima6
    bellisima6 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    It's a girl!!! now we have to look for names.
  • blink1021
    Options

Good luck we are having a tough time with that.
  • cmaxmor
    cmaxmor Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    me, too! No idea what to name this kid. None.
  • chickybuns
    chickybuns Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options

Congrats! It's funny, we had a girl name picked out and we're having a boy, but it didn't take us too long to decide on a name!
  • lilchino4af
    lilchino4af Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    I've been keeping a list of names since we got married since my husband's told me he does not want any of our kids to share a name with ANY relative (includes cousins and cousins' kids :ohwell: ). While creating this list, a girl's name immediately jumped out at me that I absolutely love and it has not changed since we got pregnant. As for a boy's name, if that's what we're having, I haven't a clue!! None of the names I've come across that haven't already been taken by a relative sound good to me. So I guess we should just hope for a girl, right? :wink:
  • mellynat
    mellynat Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Girl names are harder to choose. We named ours Saphira. I'm surprised my husband agreed to it. He wanted something very generic like Jessica, Jennifer & Kayla and is stuck on those names again since we are having another girl. I found a beautiful name but kinda different. Need to find a good moment to tell him I'd really like to name her Azaria. He wanted to choose this time. Lol we try taking turns. He picked out our 1st son Marcus. and I was very happy with his choice. But I'm so hung up on azaria. It just clicked when I read that name. I felt a connection lol

good luck to all of u guys who are still looking for a name.
  • jamie31
    jamie31 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was our anatomy/fetal scan... after keeping us waiting the entire appt the tech finally told us that we were having a Boy!!!!! We will welcome Colton to the world sometime around Christmas. My boyfriend was soooo proud of himself. He wanted a boy so bad. lol. We also found out that they babys legs are over an inch longer that normal. So it looks like he will be a long baby
  • licha75
    licha75 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Girl names are harder to choose. We named ours Saphira. I'm surprised my husband agreed to it. He wanted something very generic like Jessica, Jennifer & Kayla and is stuck on those names again since we are having another girl. I found a beautiful name but kinda different. Need to find a good moment to tell him I'd really like to name her Azaria. He wanted to choose this time. Lol we try taking turns. He picked out our 1st son Marcus. and I was very happy with his choice. But I'm so hung up on azaria. It just clicked when I read that name. I felt a connection lol

Maybe you can convince your husband, that he can pick the boys name and you get to pick the girls name. ;)
  • bellisima6
    Options
    Yesterday was our anatomy/fetal scan... after keeping us waiting the entire appt the tech finally told us that we were having a Boy!!!!! We will welcome Colton to the world sometime around Christmas. My boyfriend was soooo proud of himself. He wanted a boy so bad. lol. We also found out that they babys legs are over an inch longer that normal. So it looks like he will be a long baby

Congrats on your boy!
  • bellisima6
    Options

We need a name that sounds good both in French and English and it is not easy.
  • blink1021
    Options

We decided to do the whole taking turns thing and I really regret it. I picked our sons first name and he did the middle name. So this time he gets the first name and I get the middle name. Middle name for me was easy because I am using my grandmothers name but the first name is hard he has said no to everything I have suggested and I have said no to what he has suggested. Now he is saying he wants to stay with the letter J since my sons first name is a J. We have set a deadline to have a name set in stone by Nov. 1. My son was so much easier we had him named before we knew he was a boy. We also were able to come up with a girls name then that we loved. And of course my b***h of a sister in law stole it. Now I do not tell any family my name ideas until we decide on a name and know the sex.
  • JaclynnGail
    JaclynnGail Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Yay! Congratulations on your Christmas boy!

• VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options

We have our girl name picked out (one of two names actually), but we have no idea on boy names. I'm finding boy names much harder than girl ones.

We are going for either Evangeline Mae or Victoria Anne for a girl.
  • Aeriel
    Aeriel Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! Moving over from the first trimester board. Will be 14 weeks on Thursday and everything is going well for me. Starting to work on names, but we are not going to figure out if it is a boy or a girl this time, as we already have one of each. So we get to narrow down to one name for each sex and wait on the surprise! Looking forward to getting to know all of you.
  • Nerdybookgirl
    Nerdybookgirl Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Hi all. I am 14 weeks as of today. I wrote a blog post a few days ago about weight loss and pregnancy (http://tinyurl.com/dyb477u). In summary, I was doing pretty well with weight loss (lost 25 pounds from January to May, eating a wide variety of foods, exercising) and then my first trimester knocked me out with fatigue and nausea. I'm also nursing my toddler and the combination is wearying. Now that I'm in my second trimester I am feeling a little bit better. I'm still having difficulty eating vegetables other than Caesar Salad and sweet potatoes, but I have been able to eat fruit without getting sick.

My goals for my first trimester were to focus on sleep, water, and taking my vitamin. Now I back to tracking my food and I'll be walking three days a week.

I hope everyone is having a healthy pregnancy!
  • Nerdybookgirl
    Nerdybookgirl Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    BTW -- I love reading about everyone picking out names. We've definitely decided on a girl's name: Persephone Jane. We are undecided with a boy's name. It is strange because with my little boy (he was born in October of 2010) we knew we loved the name Atticus Clay, but we couldn't think of a girl name. I also have an older daughter (she is 12) and her name is Alicia Hope, but she goes by her middle name.
  • snowgrrl83
    snowgrrl83 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I'm francophone and my hubby is anglophone...so we want a name that can be easily pronounced in both languages.
    We picked Arielle for a girl's name and that was easy. It took us a long time to pick out a boy's name but finally did: Ollie.
    My husband and I are both competitive snowboarders and we could both relate to those names due to snowboard tricks. I thought they were cool and could easily be pronounced in either French or English. :)