2nd Trimester

Replies

• BeckyJill7
    BeckyJill7 Posts: 547 Member
    I'm still anti-chicken. It's much better than a few months ago. I couldn't think about it without wanting to throw up. Now, just raw and freshly grilled chicken bother me. I can eat breaded chicken or chicken mixed in soups or pasta.

I think I'm really more afraid to try eating it because I really hate throwing up!

I go back to the dr. the 19th for my ultrasound. Super pumped!
  • JLatham325
    JLatham325 Posts: 105 Member
    As far as aversions, I'm still having a hard time getting in my veggies.... I just,,, don't want them lol But I've been throwing them in stirfrys and roasting them in the oven (zucchini fries anyone?) to make them more appealing.

This is my last week in the 2nd trimester forum :( but :) lol I start my 27th week on Friday. Speaking of 3rd trimester, does anybody know if your GYN gives you one last sonogram in the 3rd trimester? Or is it elective by then? I want to see how big she's gotten and I want to count all her fingers and toes lol but I don't want to shell out $100+ to do so for an elective/3d/4d
  • jls8209
    jls8209 Posts: 450 Member
    My coffee aversion has disappeared, as well as my dislike for asparagus and peppers. Have yet to try brussel sprouts in the 2nd tri, but I'm sure since everything else is back to normal, I'll like them again, too.

Sugarbabie - My doc is sending me for a 3rd ultrasound at 36 weeks, I think to check size/growth? I think it varies by region (at least it does in Canada). In my home province there's one anatomy u/s at 20-ish weeks, and that's it. There may be an early u/s if it's really needed for dating, or extras if you're high risk. In the province where I'm now living, I had one at 12 weeks for dating/testing, 18-22 for anatomy, then the late one.
  • FaugHorn
    FaugHorn Posts: 1,060 Member
    My first childbirth class is tomorrow night! There are four weeks of it, hope it's entertaining :)
  • Jillsie11
    Jillsie11 Posts: 249 Member
    As far as aversions, I'm still having a hard time getting in my veggies.... I just,,, don't want them lol But I've been throwing them in stirfrys and roasting them in the oven (zucchini fries anyone?) to make them more appealing.

This is my last week in the 2nd trimester forum :( but :) lol I start my 27th week on Friday. Speaking of 3rd trimester, does anybody know if your GYN gives you one last sonogram in the 3rd trimester? Or is it elective by then? I want to see how big she's gotten and I want to count all her fingers and toes lol but I don't want to shell out $100+ to do so for an elective/3d/4d

Wow- a lot more aversions than I thought- guess I'm lucky!

Sugarbabie- with my daughter, I got an ultrasound towards the end just because I was measuring so big and they wanted to make sure I wasn't having a 9 pounder:) But I agree with the fact it just depends on the practice!
  • speedyme
    speedyme Posts: 86 Member
    Sugarbabie - i'll be 27 weeks tomorrow and my doctor already said he wanted to do an ultrasound closer to due date to check size. My uteris is measuring 3 weeks further along and i tend to have big babies, the last one was 10.7lbs. Other than for those reasons, i probable wouldn't be having one, i never did with my last 3.
  • tinyjourney
    tinyjourney Posts: 198 Member
    I am having some major food aversions still. I'm just short of 17 weeks and I can't do meat really at all. The smell of a cooking steak makes me run for the bathroom. I can do some fish and breakfast meats. Bacon really loves me. :) I'm surviving on fruits and veggies, a lot of potatoes.

I had a check up today. My OB is fine with my weight even though I have not gained anything yet. She expects me to be a late gainer as the baby grows more rapidly. She is encouraging me to eat whatever I can and not worry too much about meats at this point. Later on when the baby is building more muscle then it will be more of a concern, but it should go away by then. The u/s tech did a few measurement for us today. She confirmed our due date of Nov 15 and said the baby is about 6oz. Even though I'm not growing and eating well my little one sure is.
  • mpederson
    mpederson Posts: 123 Member
    sugarbaby - I'm getting one this week, my ob-gyn does one in the third trimester but sounds like that's her choice. I didn't argue I want to see the baby again! My girlfriend only went for one at 20 weeks and that was it. The 20 week one seems to be the mandatory one here (canada).

Food aversions.....I'm with everyone on the meat, I could care less, I can't be bothered to make it and the smell and texture are a huge turn off. Raw veggies as well. I'm not sure if it's out of laziness or what but given the choice I'm all carbs. I've had trouble with eggs first thing in the morning as well. Coffee still tastes like crap. My sweet tooth is out of control. I started week 28 this week.
  • Moodymona
    Moodymona Posts: 46 Member
    man totally bummed i didnt keep up with you all when i joined! hope all of you are well im 21 weeks today woohooo! baby girl is moving and groovin lol what are you all having?
  • FaugHorn
    FaugHorn Posts: 1,060 Member
    man totally bummed i didnt keep up with you all when i joined! hope all of you are well im 21 weeks today woohooo! baby girl is moving and groovin lol what are you all having?

Hi Mona!

Glad you're here now though :flowerforyou: I'm having a lil' Boy come October 26th-ish
  • JLatham325
    JLatham325 Posts: 105 Member
    My next appointment is on the 14th, next Thursday, and it's the big glucose test finally. I honestly don't think it's going to be as bad as everyone says, I'll just throw that mixture on ice and gulp it down before my tastebuds have a chance to register it lol but we'll see. I'll ask my doc then if she's going to do one last ultrasound. Otherwise, my lack of patience and my extreme curiosity might get the best of me and I might give in and book an elective 3d ultrasound
  • MrsCarter00
    MrsCarter00 Posts: 502 Member
    Hey ladies!!! Finallyyyyy made it into the second trimester!! I feel such a relief lol Ive felt pretty good for most of it but got really lazy there for a few weeks hopefully now I will have more energy to workout and all...time to get back on track!!
  • chickybuns
    chickybuns Posts: 1,037 Member
    Hey ladies!!! Finallyyyyy made it into the second trimester!! I feel such a relief lol Ive felt pretty good for most of it but got really lazy there for a few weeks hopefully now I will have more energy to workout and all...time to get back on track!!

Welcome! I hope your energy returns. Mine did in the second but now I feel more sleepy and less exhausted if that makes sense...LOL
  • Moodymona
    I did an elective ultra sound I'm am too impatient to wait lol the glucose test isn't that bad it taste like flat orange crush lol I have to do another one ugh I will probably fail :(
  • kerrbear79
    kerrbear79 Posts: 229 Member
    First, welcome to the new ladies entering your 2nd trimester. You will definitely feel better & get "some" energy back. =)

I never had a meat aversion but just did with veggies in the 1st trimester only.

The glucose test drink is not bad at all! This is from my experience with my first pregnancy. If I remember correctly my dr's office had 2 flavors to choose from and I chose orange. I think the other was fruit punch? It was nothing, just like flat orange soda. Now if they made us do that during the 1st trimester when most of us still have bad morning sickness, then it would be horrible. But nope not so bad.
  • Moodymona
    kerrbear guess who had to do it their first tri?

<
    this girl! ugh it was nasty
  • kerrbear79
    kerrbear79 Posts: 229 Member
    kerrbear guess who had to do it their first tri?

<
    this girl! ugh it was nasty

Ugh. I'm sorry!!!!!! Were you able to keep it down?!
  • BeckyJill7
    My first childbirth class is tomorrow night! There are four weeks of it, hope it's entertaining :)

Nice! I'm signing up for one that starts in August. 4 week class too. Keep us posted on how it goes!
  • chickybuns
    chickybuns Posts: 1,037 Member
    I was debating about when to sign up for child birth and maybe breast feeding classes. I think I should wait until closer or else I feel like I will forget. Maybe around 30-32 weeks?
  • BeckyJill7
    I was debating about when to sign up for child birth and maybe breast feeding classes. I think I should wait until closer or else I feel like I will forget. Maybe around 30-32 weeks?

I'm taking one that will end about a month before my due date. The next doesn't start until October 4 and that would just be cutting it too close! :)