2nd Trimester

Options

Replies

• Moodymona
    Moodymona Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    kerrbear guess who had to do it their first tri?

<
    this girl! ugh it was nasty

Ugh. I'm sorry!!!!!! Were you able to keep it down?!

It just made me sick to my stomach :/ but I need to go do another one eventually
  • Moodymona
    Moodymona Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I was debating about when to sign up for child birth and maybe breast feeding classes. I think I should wait until closer or else I feel like I will forget. Maybe around 30-32 weeks?

Sign up now the breastfeeding class usually are filled up fast with my son I didn't even get it in :/
  • chickybuns
    chickybuns Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    I was debating about when to sign up for child birth and maybe breast feeding classes. I think I should wait until closer or else I feel like I will forget. Maybe around 30-32 weeks?

Sign up now the breastfeeding class usually are filled up fast with my son I didn't even get it in :/

Thanks for the advice. I will look into it this week.
  • FaugHorn
    FaugHorn Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options

I just started my childbirth classes (I'm only 20 weeks) because they filled up fast. I'm the earliest in the class but I don't have any difficulty standing up, getting down on the floor, moving around, etc. so I think I'm glad we are going this early. Makes it a lot more comfortable!
  • JLatham325
    JLatham325 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    The classes offered at my hospital are $150 for birthing classes, and like $50 for breastfeeding classes. Which is out of my budget right now :(
  • cmaxmor
    cmaxmor Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    The classes offered at my hospital are $150 for birthing classes, and like $50 for breastfeeding classes. Which is out of my budget right now :(
    I wouldn't worry about it. If you are goin gto have a "natural", drug free birth you might want to try and read some books or watch a youtube video. Otherwise, the doc/nurse will talk you through it. Either way you will go home with a baby. As far as the breastfeeding goes, there is usually a lactation consultant on staff at the hospital. Call/google your local la leche league to find out about free classes.
    (Spoken as a mother of two who went to exactly one hour of a birth class before becoming irritated at the touchy feelyness of it and went home to eat Mexican food instead. True story)
  • FaugHorn
    Options
    Anatomy scan done, everything looks great. He (yep confirmed he's a boy so we don't have to return all those clothes :laugh: ) is measuring about a week ahead. Makes sense since his Dad is 6'2" and i'm 5'9", he's gonna be a lanky boy!

I go back for my third trimester scan in 8 more weeks!
  • jls8209
    jls8209 Posts: 450 Member
    Options

I'm taking one that will end about a month before my due date. The next doesn't start until October 4 and that would just be cutting it too close! :)

The paperwork I got from my doc said to sign up *before* 20 weeks because spaces fill quickly, but when I called a while back I was told it was "way too early" for late Oct due dates and to call back when I'm 23-25 weeks. I hope I can get a space as my due date falls approximately 9 months after Valentines. Could be a busy time at the classes/birthing unit! (However, mine is a pre-Valentine's baby! Just couldn't wait for V-day. :wink: :laugh: )
  • musica814
    musica814 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies! I'm just joining this group. I'm 24 weeks along with our first (a girl!), due September 25th. I'm hoping to monitor my calories to stay within a healthy weight range, as well as getting back into a workout routine. I was really active on MFP before I found out I was pregnant back in January. Then I got lazy and gained about ten pounds by 15 weeks. I didn't mean to but I had horrid morning sickness and the only thing that would keep it at bay was a full stomach. So needless to say, that weight was unnecessary. But morning sickness went away right around 15 weeks and so far I've hit 20 pounds. I'm not really worried though since I was at a healthy weight pre-pregnancy, and my midwife isn't concerned either. My tentative goal is to not gain more than 40 pounds total, but of course my top priority is a healthy and happy baby :) I've almost made it to the 3rd trimester.... It's really flying by!!
  • JLatham325
    Options

[/quote]
    I wouldn't worry about it. If you are goin gto have a "natural", drug free birth you might want to try and read some books or watch a youtube video. Otherwise, the doc/nurse will talk you through it. Either way you will go home with a baby. As far as the breastfeeding goes, there is usually a lactation consultant on staff at the hospital. Call/google your local la leche league to find out about free classes.
    (Spoken as a mother of two who went to exactly one hour of a birth class before becoming irritated at the touchy feelyness of it and went home to eat Mexican food instead. True story)
    [/quote]

hahaha this cracked me up, sounds like something I would do
  • JLatham325
    Options
  • cmaxmor
    Options
    When someone tells me that she likes to think of birth as "juicy", I immediately shut down. I thought my husbands eyes were going to roll into the back of his head.
  • Jillsie11
    Jillsie11 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Had my (almost) 20 week check-up/ultrasound today. The tech was 92% sure...but we don't know yet! Finding out tomorrow evening at our Gender Reveal/Pink & Blue Party with some of our family and friends. I'm thinkin' Blue, but who knows!! Other than that, baby was healthy, measuring right on schedule, and I'm excited to finally give this baby a name:)
  • chickybuns
    chickybuns Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    Had my (almost) 20 week check-up/ultrasound today. The tech was 92% sure...but we don't know yet! Finding out tomorrow evening at our Gender Reveal/Pink & Blue Party with some of our family and friends. I'm thinkin' Blue, but who knows!! Other than that, baby was healthy, measuring right on schedule, and I'm excited to finally give this baby a name:)

That is good news. It would kill me to wait another day! Have fun at your party :)
  • Wickedmeowmer
    Options
    When someone tells me that she likes to think of birth as "juicy", I immediately shut down. I thought my husbands eyes were going to roll into the back of his head.

OMG, that IS horrifying, LOL. Man, what a kook.
  • FaugHorn
    Options

Excellent! Let us all know :)
  • BeckyJill7
    BeckyJill7 Posts: 547 Member
    Options

Yay! Have fun at your party! :)
  • Jillsie11
    Jillsie11 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    SUCH a fun party....AND, the verdict is: it's a...........................................GIRL!!! Was totally shocked. So, come October we will be welcoming our second daughter- Jovie Kay. Very shocked (I was sure it was a boy) but excited:)
  • cmaxmor
    Options
    Congrats, Jillsie!
  • Aphrodite3010
    Aphrodite3010 Posts: 65 Member
    Options

You also may want to contact your local WIC office about breastfeeding. I'm not sure if you qualify but they always have a lactation consultant (a good friend is the one for our local office) and they are extremely PRO-breastfeeding. Its too bad that your hospital charges so much, both of our local hospitals offers them for free which is so nice. Good luck!