2nd Trimester

Options

Replies

• JulaMonster
    JulaMonster Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies! I'm moving on over here as well! I'm Julia, due Nov 16th, with our second kiddo (though she's measuring a week ahead, so not sure if they'll end up adjusting my due date, even though I'm certain on my LMP date). And yes, we're saying she already, as last week at my ultrasound the tech was already able to see girl parts! (Or well, the tech said there's a 20-30% chance it's a boy, but she's pretty sure it's a girl!) We'll hopefully be able to confirm or deny at my 'big' ultrasound in a month or so. So far it's been a breeze of a pregnancy, a very welcome change from my first which was pretty difficult. I'm also hoping for a successful VBAC this time around, and I'm thankful to have a supportive hospital and midwives. And hooray for the 2nd tri! :happy:
  • chickybuns
    chickybuns Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies! I'm moving on over here as well! I'm Julia, due Nov 16th, with our second kiddo (though she's measuring a week ahead, so not sure if they'll end up adjusting my due date, even though I'm certain on my LMP date). And yes, we're saying she already, as last week at my ultrasound the tech was already able to see girl parts! (Or well, the tech said there's a 20-30% chance it's a boy, but she's pretty sure it's a girl!) We'll hopefully be able to confirm or deny at my 'big' ultrasound in a month or so. So far it's been a breeze of a pregnancy, a very welcome change from my first which was pretty difficult. I'm also hoping for a successful VBAC this time around, and I'm thankful to have a supportive hospital and midwives. And hooray for the 2nd tri! :happy:

I also think my little one is measuring ahead. I'm pretty sure my due date couldn't be before 11/17, but at the u/s they moved it to 11/14, so I think the little one is just big. Glad to see you are doing well, it's nice they gave you some indication of gender, they didn't do that with mine, but it won't be too long!
  • mommynae7
    mommynae7 Posts: 6
    Options
    Hi Ladies I am new to MFP and thought I would join here....I am currently 23 weeks with baby #7--due Sept. 8. I have 6 boys (13, 11, 9 this coming Sat, 4, 3, and 1--all boys). The u/s showed a GIRL, but I am having a hard time belieiving it is really a girl. I am finally feeling a little more like myself and can actually get things done around the house. The sickness and daily migraine headaches lasted a lot longer than any of my other pgs (20 weeks). I have currently gained 17 lbs...UGH! Which unfortunately is pretty normal for my pgs. I am exercising every week day if I can and am hoping that will at the very least make the post partum weightloss a little easier. I am really trying to be mindful of what I eat to help keep the weight gain the rest of my pg at a minimum.
  • katkada
    katkada Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone Ive been on MFP since march. My name is Kat Im 26 going to school and pregnant expecting my first baby on August 25th and im in my 25th week of pregnancy. I have gained about 17 pounds already!! But im trying to keep logging on, keep motivated etc., I would love to friends with anyone on here especially expectatant mommy's!!
  • RushinBruisette
    RushinBruisette Posts: 2,109 Member
    Options
    Nothing new to report. I have my glucose test scheduled May 25th, they will also check my cerclage then. DH might be able to come home Memorial Day weekend, if not sooner do to some issues on the job that may have to be shut down for a few weeks.. which I'll be glad to have him home for a bit, but that means he's laid off again.. Anyway.I'm 27weeks tomorrow ladies...time for me to head to the 3rd trimester :heart: See ya there!
  • Jillsie11
    Jillsie11 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the newer ladies!! And congratulations, Faughorn on your lil' boy. I find out June 8th (at almost 20 weeks):)
  • JLatham325
    JLatham325 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Good to see new faces and friends :)

I'll be 24 weeks this friday, and I think I'm getting a bigger belly because I FINALLY had a stranger ask me yesterday is I was pregnant (would have been embarassing if I wasn't pregnant lol). Last time I checked I was up 18 pounds, and I feel bigger but I'm not going to weigh myself again until next week.

I've been eating a little better, more veggies, less junk, and I'm active everyday. I did a prenatal kettlebell workout routine this morning and walked at an incline for 35minutes this morning.

My next doctor's appointment is the 24th so I'm going to ask then when I'm supposed to schedule for my glucose test. Hope everyone is feeling great!
  • jls8209
    jls8209 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Jillsie - Definitely know we'll have to pick our battles when it comes to the in-laws! Luckily my husband feels the same way I do about MIL giving our nephew/neice chocolate all the time. MIL is morbidly obese, full of health issues, hoardes chocolate in several places around the house, and refuses to listen to anybody when it comes to basically anything at all. She just does what she wants, whether it is to herself or to others. It's sad, really. She's a nice, smart woman, but doesn't look after her health. It took having a pea-sized piece of skin cancer cut out of her cheek for her to finally realize she can't sit out in the sun all day (she now uses an umbrella but still refuses to wear sunscreen), so we have no idea what it will take to make her realize that she needs to get smart about her weight, too. :frown:

Faughorn - Yay for the boy! I've always pictured myself having a boy first, so I have it stuck in my head that mine is a boy, too. Husband and I agree on more boy names than girl names, so the name picking will be easier for a boy. Won't find out til the birth, though!

Not much new here. Back to reality after being home for a week. We had a good visit and it was nice to tell most people in person about the baby. Everybody said I still didn't look pregnant, but by the end of the week Mom said she could notice a difference. I think the baby had a growth spurt last week, I had a few really hungry days and I can totally see a difference in my profile (naked, not so much with clothes). I'm starting to look like a pear! I've been trying really hard not to gain weight too quickly, but I'm not doing very well. I'm up 4lbs in two weeks, even with eating well and keeping active :sad: . I'm still eating maintenance cals, some days a bit more if I'm still hungry. I'm afraid if I up my cals to gain 1/2 lb a week I'll balloon! Hopefully everything balances out, I'm concerned about how much I gain, but more concerned about the health risks of gaining too much.

There was some talk on some of the threads a while back about stretch marks and creams for bellies, anybody have advice for boobs? Mine are incredibly itchy on the sides and underneath. I've always been told regular body lotion is a no-no because the skin on the bust is thinner, but some days I've been using it anyway out of desperation. Anybody else have itchy boobs?
  • kerrbear79
    kerrbear79 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Here is the link to the video of our gender reveal party from 5/12 if anyone is interested in seeing a crazy pregnant woman lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hM5VpUEKDZE

It's just over 2 minutes so not very long. I was in shock. Even though I had been saying boy the whole time (from the beginning) I still thought it would probably be a girl since we have a girl and my BIL has 3 girls. So needless to say I am freaking out!
  • BeckyJill7
    BeckyJill7 Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    Just checking in :)

I'm 16 weeks 3 days (up around 5 lbs still)- and I'm on the countdown for my next u/s. It's not for another month but we'll hopefully find out the sex at that appointment. I'm so excited! I've been busy planning but not actually doing anything. We're going to have a house full this weekend because we're having a 30th birthday party for my husband. Both our families live out of town so a lot of them are staying with us.

I hope everyone is feeling well and having a great day!
  • JLatham325
    JLatham325 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    kerrbear79- oh my gosh that video is the cutest thing EVER!! If I ever have a 2nd child I think I'll reveal my gender like that too, that is so awesome. Congrats!
  • kerrbear79
    kerrbear79 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    kerrbear79- oh my gosh that video is the cutest thing EVER!! If I ever have a 2nd child I think I'll reveal my gender like that too, that is so awesome. Congrats!

Awww thank you! I say it's soooooooo worth it. It was awesome & so thrilling finding out that way. I didn't react that way when we found out with our daughter at the ultrasound. Of course I was happy but I wasn't jumping up & down, I couldn't lol. But having to wait just from a Wednesday to a Saturday made it seem like forever, but made it even better for some reason. One thing I would do differently, if anyone ever does this same thing, is I would've had one of us hold our daughter so she could've been a part of it. She is only 22 months & doesn't understand it, but it would've been sweet. Also if we have a 3rd we will cut the cake facing everyone else so we all find out at exact time & not us those few seconds beforehand.
  • bluegirl10
    bluegirl10 Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies... I am moving over from the 1st trimester board... Today I am 14 weeks! :) I am feeling pretty good now that morning sickness is just about gone.. Just been tired lately, but aside from that not to bad overall! Hope everyone has a great weekend! :)
  • chickybuns
    Options
    Hi Ladies... I am moving over from the 1st trimester board... Today I am 14 weeks! :) I am feeling pretty good now that morning sickness is just about gone.. Just been tired lately, but aside from that not to bad overall! Hope everyone has a great weekend! :)

Welcome! Glad you're feeling better, I'm also more tired than normal but much better. My next is appointment is next Friday to listen for heart beat, check uterus, and first appointment with the doctor. And whatever else, I'm not sure. Excited to hear the heartbeat again!
  • FaugHorn
    FaugHorn Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options

Hi again!

I'm glad to see that everyone is moving over from the 1st Trimester board, I've missed ya'll!
  • tinyjourney
    tinyjourney Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! My name is Chrystal. I'm 14w1d, due Nov 15 with our first. I'm not a huge poster, but I've been here reading.

I go in Monday for an early gender ultrasound. My OB charges $75, and to me it is completely worth it. I think it is a boy because of the crazy dreams I've been having. I'm also still having problems eating. I have some major food aversions and can't eat like I normally do. I can't even see meat right now. I've lost weight, I'm down to 110lbs (5'2") and I just can't seem to even gain some water weight. My OB says I am fine for now as long as I do not loose more. I'm hopping that I'll be able to eat normally again soon. I'm also very tired and not sleeping well. I'm a stomach sleeper and that is starting to get hard with my boobs getting tender.

It's nice to meet all you ladies!!
  • chickybuns
    Options
    Hi everyone! My name is Chrystal. I'm 14w1d, due Nov 15 with our first. I'm not a huge poster, but I've been here reading.

I go in Monday for an early gender ultrasound. My OB charges $75, and to me it is completely worth it. I think it is a boy because of the crazy dreams I've been having. I'm also still having problems eating. I have some major food aversions and can't eat like I normally do. I can't even see meat right now. I've lost weight, I'm down to 110lbs (5'2") and I just can't seem to even gain some water weight. My OB says I am fine for now as long as I do not loose more. I'm hopping that I'll be able to eat normally again soon. I'm also very tired and not sleeping well. I'm a stomach sleeper and that is starting to get hard with my boobs getting tender.

It's nice to meet all you ladies!!

Hello. I hope you get to feeling better soon and get your appettite back. I'm also a stomach sleeper and now I can't really sleep comfortably, and have not been sleeping well.
  • mommynae7
    mommynae7 Posts: 6
    Options
    kerrbear79--Loved your gender reveal video! I would have loved to do something like that, but both of our families live at least 2 hours away in different directions.

Welcome to all the ladies moving over from the 1st tri board! Yay for the 2nd trimester!
  • amberwebb79
    amberwebb79 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    So I finally called my doctor after nearly 24 hours of bad pain on my lower right side. Turns out I have a UTI and kidney stone. Fun fun stuff. Doctor put me on antibiotics three times a day and Tylenol 3, which I'm not completely comfortable taking. She said it's better to get the prescription filled than to wake up with unbearable pain at 2am. I haven't taken it yet, because it makes me want to puke. Waiting on the antibiotics to absorb a bit first, in case I really do.

My weigh has jumped up quite a bit at this point, which bothers me, but my doctor reassures me I'm fine. I'm relieved that the baby is still doing fine, and they said I'm not having preterm labor, like they suspected.

Who knows what this girl with turn out like when she gets here, she's been 4 times as much trouble as my first. LOL.

Anyone ever had to pass a kidney stone while pregnant?

26weeks +2days
    Up 25lbs (ugh!)
  • tinyjourney
    tinyjourney Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    So I finally called my doctor after nearly 24 hours of bad pain on my lower right side. Turns out I have a UTI and kidney stone. Fun fun stuff. Doctor put me on antibiotics three times a day and Tylenol 3, which I'm not completely comfortable taking. She said it's better to get the prescription filled than to wake up with unbearable pain at 2am. I haven't taken it yet, because it makes me want to puke. Waiting on the antibiotics to absorb a bit first, in case I really do.

My weigh has jumped up quite a bit at this point, which bothers me, but my doctor reassures me I'm fine. I'm relieved that the baby is still doing fine, and they said I'm not having preterm labor, like they suspected.

Who knows what this girl with turn out like when she gets here, she's been 4 times as much trouble as my first. LOL.

Anyone ever had to pass a kidney stone while pregnant?

26weeks +2days
    Up 25lbs (ugh!)

This is my first pregnancy, and I am a chronic stone former. I've had 4 surgeries for removal in the past. I fully expect to have more stones form during my pregnancy. Because I have a history of stones I'll be watched. But I'm pretty sure one is doing its thing in my right kidney right now. Unfortunately, while pregnant all they can do is treat any pain and monitor your kidney function. If the stone starts blocking too much, they will then consider the risk of surgery. As long as the dose of pain medication is not overly high there is not as much risk to the baby. It is definitely better to be on top of the pain then running to the ER for relief, the meds they give you there are much stronger.

Do you know what size the stone is? The smaller it is the more likely it is to pass on its own. Have they discussed activity with you? Some doctors will prefer that you limit your activity to prevent passing, others will encourage activity to encourage it to pass.

Like I said, I've had tons. Feel free to message me if you have questions or concerns.