2nd Trimester

Options

Replies

• sas6575
    sas6575 Posts: 70
    Options
    Hi Ladies,
    Everyone is a bit quiet on here this week - how's it all going?
    I feel really refreshed today after my mammoth sleep of 11 hours last night (albeit to get up a couple of times to pee!)
    Everything seems to be taking much more effort these day but that's to be expected!
    Any plans for the weekend? I've got a date with my bed for the whole of Saturday and on Sunday I'm going to watch my football team play in London so that'll be a huge day out for me.
    Take care ladies, I hope you're all keeping really well.
    Love Sarah
    26 + 3
  • BeckyJill7
    BeckyJill7 Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    Hi all- I'm new to the 2nd tri. I'm due Oct. 28.

I woke up this morning and couldn't button my pants! I had been telling my husband all last week I thought they were getting tighter but it's now official! Haha- I used a hairtie to keep them closed and hid it with a belt! Love it. :)
  • speedyme
    speedyme Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone, i've been out of town for work so just catching up on what's going on with everyone.

This week i really feel pregnant! The belly is to the point where i had to buy a new coat and since there wasn't much selection for maturnity spring jackets, i went to the plus size store. I haven't had to buy anything from there in a year but needed something that would grow with my stomach. I guess i could have looked online but like to try things on before i purchase.

We have agreed on a boys name, now we have to come up with a girls name (we decided not to find out the gender). This one is more difficult to come up with. I thought it would have been harder to agree on a boys but not the case.

Well hope everyone has a great weekend!

21 weeks
  • jls8209
    jls8209 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm at 13w4d, so I figure I should move over to the 2nd tri board. I'm due Oct. 29th and this is my first pregnancy. Had my first u/s at 12w, I'm quite certain I saw the baby stick its thumb in its mouth! After the u/s we finally told our parents and a few close friends that we're expecting. Going home for a visit soon, hoping to see the rest of our friends and tell them the news at that point. I haven't bought any maternity clothes yet, but like BeckyJill, I started doing up my jeans with a hair elastic last week, and this week I started wearing some old "fat pants" to work. Not the best look, but way more comfortable until I have a bit of a belly and can fill out maternity pants a little better (right now I feel like my butt is growing faster than anything else! :noway: ). Up almost 9lbs (EEK!) hoping to keep the weight gain in check, I need to get back on track with logging my food, and I'm getting back to the gym more regularly now that the fatigue is easing up a bit. I have been only seeing my regular GP so far, I finally meet my OBGYN next week, looking forward to that (and maybe expecting a lecture about weight gain?)
  • FaugHorn
    FaugHorn Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    We have agreed on a boys name, now we have to come up with a girls name (we decided not to find out the gender). This one is more difficult to come up with. I thought it would have been harder to agree on a boys but not the case.

Well hope everyone has a great weekend!

21 weeks

We picked out the names for boy and girl (it was remarkably easy, I said how about so and so for a boy and so and so for a girl and he said "I like both of those!") but we aren't sharing names until after the birth (family tradition)
  • thedestar
    thedestar Posts: 1,278 Member
    Options
    Sas- Sounds like a great weekend you have coming up! I wish I could spend a day in bed :laugh:

Becky- Welcome! Its such a pain when you reach that point in between regular clothes and maternity. The weird issue I'm having with clothes this time is that my regular clothes are still big and I need a belt with the pants (because of weight loss before getting pregnant) but my shirts are too short now. And my maternity pants stay up pretty well because of the stretchy waistband but are super big around the butt and thighs, and the shirts are way big on me! :ohwell: Craziness!

Speedyme- hope that you enjoyed your work trip out of town. That's exciting to have a boy's name picked out. We know that we're having a girl and we still haven't decided on a name.

jls- Welcome to 2nd tri. Hope its enjoyable for you. Good luck meeting your OBGYN next week!

AFM- Today I had an appointment to get Miss Olivia's 2 yr pictures taken but the WIND was terrible here today! It woke me up at 5:30 am. So even though we had planned on taking her pictures outside we had to move them inside so she was quite a bit more restless. I hope they'll turn out good. I can't believe she'll be 2 in a week!

Is it just me or is this board getting pretty quiet?? :laugh: Hope all of you have a great weekend!

Destiny
    27w2d
    +19lbs
  • helenmelon29
    helenmelon29 Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    HI all

Yes its defo geting quiet on the board - I have had a busy week and kept me away from posting.

All good here - had my 24 week midwife app and all ok. I go back again at 28 weeks.

I have been terrible with food/exercise this last few days so getting back on track tomorrow. Starting with swimming at 9am! I havent sleep as well as normal so not sure if thats linked to not eating and exercising well?

I have nearly finished sorting the house (just kitchen to do) then in a few weeks when I have a week of work Im going to have a good clean (under beds etc) before im too big to manage it all (or be bothered).

Im feeling much more movement this week and can feel on the outside too. Which Im enjoying,

Best go and feed my dogs!
    Helen 24 +4
    (up 20lb!)
  • FaugHorn
    Options
    I just started my 15th week and I SWEAR I can feel this kid moving around even though I think it's too early? It's my first pregnancy so not sure if what I'm feeling is what I'm feeling!
  • JLatham325
    JLatham325 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone!

Just checking in. My eating habits have not gotten any better :( I really need to get it under control and stop using pregnancy as an excuse to eat the extra cookies at night before bedtime ughh. I feel like all of my pregnant friends have barely gained a pound and here I am 21 weeks and up about 17- 18 pounds. (Last time I got on the scale was a week or so ago and I was up 15 pounds, I've been too scared to get back on it since).

I'm still working out 5-6 days a week, I'll be heading to the gym in a little bit in fact. Baby girl is moving around alot these days, but my bf still can't feel her when he puts his hand on my stomach. And I'm still not fully "popped", just bloated looking and none of my pants fit at all. It seems most of my weight gain has gone straight to my thighs and butt, which is extremely frustrating when I'm trying to get dressed and has put a big damper on my self-esteem.

I wanted you ask you ladies- is anyone here still doing some kind of ab work? I haven't worked on my abs since the day I found out I was pregnant, but apparently there are some moves that you can/should still do to strengthen your core. Any tips?
  • RushinBruisette
    RushinBruisette Posts: 2,109 Member
    Options
    Morning all. I've been off the board as hubby got to stay home for one more week, but is officially leaving for Chicago this Tuesday. He's gonna try to come home Mothers Day and Memorial Day weekends, but not 100% yet. We also found out that the job isn't 3 months, but 4-6months, which means he'll be able to come home when Miranda is born and then goes right back to work. He might be able to take off a full week but that's it. So I'll be leaning on my mom and MIL for the first two months, but only during the hours thy aren't working. So every cry in the middle of the night for diapers and feedings will be all me. I'm gonna be one tired and super cranky momma. About the time DH will be done with the job is probably about the time I'll be able to go back to work. It's been an emotional roller coaster just thinking about how I'm gonna get stuff done. My nesting instincts have kicked in. I wanted to start crocheting yesterday which turned into a 2hr long cleaning session. We haven't started moving things out of the nursery yet (so I get to coax fam and friends over while he's gone) but at least I'll have a project to keep me busy. I'm hoping to have the majority done by mid June and almost 100% done by the first week of July.
    Hope you all have a good week.
  • sas6575
    Options
    Good morning ladies,
    I hope you've all had a great weekend.
    I didn't get my lazy day in bed on Saturday, instead we went shopping and spent time visiting my Auntie and didn't get in until 9pm then up at 3am Sunday (over ate on Saturday and it laid HEAVY!)
    Well I'm officially 6 months today :) and the sun is finally shining so I'm making the most of it with walking as it's forecast rain again tomorrow :(
    Have a great weekend everyone!
    Sarah
    27W +19lbs
  • busyPK
    busyPK Posts: 3,788 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies! I'm Katie and I just entered the 2nd trimester (13wks3d). This is baby #3 for me. I have two boys - my oldest turned 2yo in January and my baby is almost 8mo so I will have 3 under 3 years old! :smile:

Still throwing up daily so I really hope that tappers off soon.

Katie
    13wks3d
  • BeckyJill7
    BeckyJill7 Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    I hear ya sugarbabie- it's time for me to start paying attention to my calorie and fat content again. I have been enjoying this pregnancy and eating whatever I want, whenever I want. I haven't been eating horribly, but I have been eating out a lot and that's never as healthy as home cooked meals.

I've been slacking on my workouts too because of the fatigue, but I think my head is back in it so now I just have to get the body to follow along :)

Happy Monday ladies- I hope your weather is better than mine today. :)
  • myiceisonfire
    myiceisonfire Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    So last time I saw my ob was March 19th when i got my ultrasound done. My ob is very friendly and not of the "i'm a dr" personality. so when she said, "Everything looks great i'll see you in a a month if you have any questions or concerns!" i scheduled an appointment for June 7th for another ultrasounds (placenta's low and they want to know if it's moved up by then to see if there's a complication for delivering naturally). Anyway, the person at the desk noticed it'd be a 3 month stretch between appointments and I said, "well she said she'd see me in a month if i had any questions of concerns but i didn't have any, i guess i should schedule anyway huh?" and she just giggled. =P So they're getting me in right away today because there's an opening.

I'm 23wks tomorrow and I've gained 25lbs. I wonder what the dr will say.

How much have you girls gained compared to how far you are?
  • myiceisonfire
    myiceisonfire Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Alright, so an suv almost hit me while walking in the parking lot of the hospital. He was driving like a mad man around a corner and had to slam on his breaks when he saw me because he was going so fast. Besides that my appointment went really well lol ...

They said my weight looks good. I should only try to gain 35lbs though. I'm up at 25lb already but she said that's common because around this time pregnancy woman tend to gain extra weight right now and then it slows down again. She also said "You're blood pressure looks really good considering you just almost got killed in the parking lot" lol Next apt is June 7th for the glucose, ultrasound, and regular ob appt.
  • sas6575
    Options
    Well ladies this is my last week on this board then I'll be heading over to the 3rd tri! I can't believe how fast it's flown by!
    Myiceisonfire I hope you're ok after almost being run over! I had the same experience last week so I know how you feel, my heart was in my mouth for a while after that!
    Have a great week everyone....I'm taking the car to work today :( it's VILE weather here AGAIN!
    It's May, where's the sun??????!!!!!!!
    xxx
    27w 1day +20lbs
  • helenmelon29
    helenmelon29 Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Hi all

Sugarbarbie - I think I have gained more weight in general rather than on my belly. I have a pregnancy pilates DVD and it has a core section that I have been doing - I wouldnt do my own stomach exercises though.

Sas - wow 3rd Tri! Im 2 weeks behind you so see you there. I know the weather is awful - wind and rain here!

myiceisonfire - glad you app went well. Im up 20lb at 25 weeks. I shot up from about 14lb to 20lb within a few weeks (about week 20-22 I think). Im hoping it will balance itself out though.

Katie - hi - you will be a busy mummy but Im sure worth it. My siser in law is pregnant with her 4th and will have 3 under 3 too.

I'm pretty good here - trying to eat well as been a bit bunged up (sorry for TMI), Ive been worried about getting piles! I know they are common in pregnancy - any advice to avoid them? anyone else suffering or suffered before? Ive been docs and been given medicine to help and she wasnt worried about piles at all - she said not much you can do! Hopefully they dont get any worse.

Im going aqua exercise tonight and to visit my friend to look at her baby monitors with a movement mat. Anyone else got them or thinking of getting them? These are Anglecare ones.

Have you bought much yet - we have been getting bits and bobs but feel its too early yet. (Im 25 weeks).

Catch up later
  • FaugHorn
    Options
    Hi ladies! I'm Katie and I just entered the 2nd trimester (13wks3d). This is baby #3 for me. I have two boys - my oldest turned 2yo in January and my baby is almost 8mo so I will have 3 under 3 years old! :smile:

Still throwing up daily so I really hope that tappers off soon.

Katie
    13wks3d

Hi again Katie! Glad to see you again :)

HelenMelon - I went to a baby show this weekend that had lightly used items for sale and found a good number of gender-nuetral items like socks, some onesies, receiving blankets, etc. My mom has done most of the shopping :) We're bargain fiends so she's already gotten a pack n' play off of craigslist and a bouncy swing. I found a great crib for $50 (convertible and everything) which I'm still waiting to hear about. I'm gettng things as I find the deals for them to save the most money :)
  • JLatham325
    JLatham325 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    helenmelon29- I've been thinking about ordering a Prenatal Pilates video because I've been hearing so much about them, do you suggest a certain one that you might like? I haven't done pilates in forever but I used to love taking it at the gym.

Does anyone else feel like their belly growth is "behind schedule"? I'm a FTM, so I hear it's normal to not show really until about 6 months or so, but I feel like all of my first time prego friends are showing wayyy more than me at 20-22 weeks, and people are teasing me that while I look like I've put on weight (I'm up 16-18 pounds), I don't have a "pregnant belly". I'm having a girl, and I've gained weight mostly in my thighs and butt, but I'm starting to get concerned that I'm not showing as much as the other girls.

When I saw the doctor a week ago she said that my uterus was in the right spot (about 1cm above my belly button now) and she didn't seem concerned... so maybe I'm just being a worrier as usual lol idk.
  • mpederson
    mpederson Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I'm at 22 w 4 days and also up 20 lbs. My girlfriend is three weeks ahead of me and she has looked completely different than i do this whole time. She has a cute round belly but is very tall and also gained a lot of weight in her lower body. I've continued to be barrel shaped until this week as now my belly made it past my boobs!

I'm having a rough day already I feel like crap! My dad was at my house for 18 days straight to start on exterior reno's and it was non stop work for that entire time. We're not even done yet :sad: last night was the first night I had to myself and I spent it washing bedding because EVERYTHING in the house is covered in construction dust. I'm so tired and this morning and I feel like crap to boot but I'm too busy at work to go home. Well....apparently not too busy i had to check up and see how everyone was doing.....hope everyone's having a better day than me!

myiceisonfire- glad to hear you're ok! My cousin's wife was hit by a car when she was 7 months pregnant and she spent the rest of her pregnancy in a full leg cast! it was awful and it also forced her to have a c-section.