Whats on your menu today?

Options

Replies

• kristi012173
    Options
    Tonight, grilled steak with grilled yellow squash and onions.

Has anyone here ever tried ****aki noodles? They are supposedly zero carbs, and come in the fashion of fettucini and angel hair. Is it good? I saw a spot on TV for them, but haven't been able to locate in stores!
    [/quote]

I live in North Carolina, and I found them at Whole foods.
  • SweetxCatastrophe
    SweetxCatastrophe Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    I have a whole drawer of different shaped ones. They're good, I like them anyways, but they're different. It's not quite a pasta texture, though I've found if you cook them in a hot dry pan they get a little more pasta-like. There are tofu shiritaki and "miracle noodle" ones.. The tofu is not zero carbs, but more like 2net, and the others are made otut of konjac yam which is all fiber, making them zero net. They're best in Asian style dishes, though I've mixed them with spaghetti sauce and like them fine like that now the I'm used to the texture.
  • SweetxCatastrophe
    Options
    Usual breakfast
    Lunch: didn't quite finish my spinach, mushroom, red bell pepper omelet from yesterday so I'll have that along with some bacon wrapped shrimp and about a half small mango sliced
    Dinner: thin sliced pork chops and broccoli sautéed in ghee, maybe with a little lemon juice and red pepper flakes
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    A big pile of cheesy scrambled eggs with onion, spinach, tabasco, cayenne and a chilli from the garden was meal #1 (which turned out to be early afternoon, I happily survived and did 3 hours of mowing on coffee and cream).

Dinner will be some kangaroo and beef porterhouse steak with various veggies.

Which will push me over this mythical calorie barrier, and I laugh in the face of it.

The absence of bacon is worrying but necessary, I couldn't be bothered to hit the shops.
  • maremare312
    maremare312 Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    B (noon)--scrambled eggs with turkey bacon, mozzarella, baby red onion, summer squash, and chollula

Snack--cottage cheese

L/D (5 pm)-- Mexican food, yikes! I am going to order this~
    Pollo a la Costita

A Soltero family recipe! Tender chunks of chicken breast sautéed in our signature Monterey Jack cream sauce, butter and onions. Served with tortillas, rice and refried beans. 12.99

Skipping the rice, getting double beans to take home for my mom to eat, and possibly eating a couple of corn tortillas with it.

Snack--Cucumber, cheddar cheese slice
  • maremare312
    Options
    Todays a goooood day for meals in my house :o)

Lunch: MASSIVE warm salad- grilled cypriot halloumi cheese, crispy chunks of chorizo picante, marinated artichoke pieces, black olives, a couple of small vine tomatoes, lots of mixed salad leaves, some chopped grilled asparagus spears dressed in the chorizo oil & lemon juice....... oooooh it was grand!

Dinner: Later tonight- Roasted whole chicken (not going to eat it all myself, lol!). with brussels sprouts, brocolli & home made stuffing balls (good quality sausage meat, crispy bacon, fresh thyme, sage, rosemary & parsley and chopped nuts as a 'filler', hint of garlic, touch of nutmeg). With a small amount of chicken gravy.

Stuffing balls sound great! I mean, what's in them, not really the name lol :D
  • christie5683
    Options
    cheese omlet and sausage for breakfast and 2 cups half caff coffee w/ cream
    deviled eggs for lunch with decaf coffee w/ cream
    haven't had dinner yet. Maybe some bacon with broccoli topped with butter
  • christie5683
    Options
    dessert will be sugar free cherry jello with cream cheese and splenda mixed in before it set
  • christie5683
    Options
    I would think so
  • christie5683
    Options
    I just had caribou stroganoff (mushrooms, onion, pepper, spices, red wine, coconut oil) and spaghetti squash with butter. Yum

Ahhhhhhh I had to google what Caribou was then. It's Reindeer? I should imagine it tastes like venison?

I would think so :)
  • christie5683
    Options
    B: eggs and a poblano sausage.. Sooo good
    l: HUGE cobb salad with romaine, bacon, andhhardoiled egg, tomatoes and roasted turkey. I decided to cut dairy for a while *cries* so I'm having it with homemade balsamic dressing instead of blue cheese.
    D: grilled London broil and asparagus cooked in bacon
    snack: cucumber slices and a wholly guacamole 100 calorie pack
    You could try almond and/or coconut milk unsweetened (lower carbs) and I add a bit of splenda
  • SweetxCatastrophe
    Options
    B: eggs and a poblano sausage.. Sooo good
    l: HUGE cobb salad with romaine, bacon, andhhardoiled egg, tomatoes and roasted turkey. I decided to cut dairy for a while *cries* so I'm having it with homemade balsamic dressing instead of blue cheese.
    D: grilled London broil and asparagus cooked in bacon
    snack: cucumber slices and a wholly guacamole 100 calorie pack
    You could try almond and/or coconut milk unsweetened (lower carbs) and I add a bit of splenda

I don't do artificial sweetners either but that's a good idea :)
  • SweetxCatastrophe
    Options
    Usual breakfast
    Lunch: bacon wrapped shrimp and a half of a sliced mango
    Dinner: grilled London broil, small salad with pomegranate vinegar, and some yellow squash sautéed in olive oil
    Snacks: radishes and bell pepper strips and a wholly guacamole pack
  • Laura_beau
    Laura_beau Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    Todays a goooood day for meals in my house :o)

Lunch: MASSIVE warm salad- grilled cypriot halloumi cheese, crispy chunks of chorizo picante, marinated artichoke pieces, black olives, a couple of small vine tomatoes, lots of mixed salad leaves, some chopped grilled asparagus spears dressed in the chorizo oil & lemon juice....... oooooh it was grand!

Dinner: Later tonight- Roasted whole chicken (not going to eat it all myself, lol!). with brussels sprouts, brocolli & home made stuffing balls (good quality sausage meat, crispy bacon, fresh thyme, sage, rosemary & parsley and chopped nuts as a 'filler', hint of garlic, touch of nutmeg). With a small amount of chicken gravy.

Stuffing balls sound great! I mean, what's in them, not really the name lol :D

Made about 8 balls:

-4 good quality pork sausages, skins removed
    - 4 rashers bacon, chopped and fried until crispy
    - 1/2 small onion
    - 4 mushrooms, chopped finely
    - 2 tbsp chopped nuts (I used chopped mixed nuts)- this is instead of your breadcrumbs.
    - Chopped fresh parsley, sage, rosemary & thyme (I did not go to scarborogh fair...)
    - Black pepper
    - 1/4 tsp nutmeg
    - 1/4 tsp garlic powder

Mix, form into balls & bake for about 20 mins.

Stuffing is for life- Not just for Christmas!
  • LowcarbNY
    LowcarbNY Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    Porterhouse Steak, on the grill, Black on the outside, rare on the inside.
  • paulbeesley
    Options
    Breakfast
    Scrambled Eggs x 2
    Coffee

Lunch
    Chicken Breast
    Salad
    10 Olives

Dinner
    Prawn stir fry with chilli sauce.
  • brr9270
    brr9270 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    B: eggs (2)
    nitrate free bacon
    coffee/cream/stevia
    L:1 oz. chicken Breast
    water
    small salad
    ceasar dressing

D: Pork meatballs
    cauliflower
    salad
    S: cheese stick
  • maremare312
    Options
    Had my free birthday meal at Noodles and Co for lunch today. Love all the coupons you get around your birthday!

Meal 1: Caesar salad with steak, no croutons. Thai curry soup, no rice noodles\
    Meal 2: Round steak and veggies
    Meal 3: Cottage cheese, cucumber, Summer Sausage
    Snacks: Cajun almonds, cheese stick
  • maremare312
    Options

Made about 8 balls:

-4 good quality pork sausages, skins removed
    - 4 rashers bacon, chopped and fried until crispy
    - 1/2 small onion
    - 4 mushrooms, chopped finely
    - 2 tbsp chopped nuts (I used chopped mixed nuts)- this is instead of your breadcrumbs.
    - Chopped fresh parsley, sage, rosemary & thyme (I did not go to scarborogh fair...)
    - Black pepper
    - 1/4 tsp nutmeg
    - 1/4 tsp garlic powder

Mix, form into balls & bake for about 20 mins.

Stuffing is for life- Not just for Christmas!

Thanks! If you just used bulk pork sausage, would it be about a pound? Or are you talking the small breakfast sausages?
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    The family have just returned from a lunchtime shopping trip with sausages rolls, cream buns and fruit juice.

Suffice to say I will be happily side-stepping this metabolic disaster area and having some random combination of bacon, eggs, spinach and leftover organic roast chicken for lunch.

Dinner? I dunno ... but the recent mention of porterhouse steak is tempting as I have some in the freezer ...