2nd Trimester

Options

Replies

• cocolo89
    cocolo89 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    welcome everyone. Well nothing new here! Still waiting to find out the gender. I am currently 18+wks. I have my anatomy in 2 weeks! I can't take the suspense anymore. My brother and his wife just had their baby yesterday and I am having major baby fever. LOL. I guess I am almost half way there. :S I am hoping to have baby a little earlier. Hoping 2 weeks earlier! But we will see, I had my DD at exactly 40wks. So things aren't looking hopeful. haha. Gaining weight steadily. As of this morning I was at a 10.7lb gain. So its slowing down a bit. Thursdays are my official weighin day so hoping it doesn't shoot up 1lb by tomorrow. LOL

love all the names you ladies have for your babies. I have more boring plain names pick out (my husbands family is in Europe so we need a name everyone including him can pronounce. LOL) So far for a girl 100% will be Alyssa Claire and for a boy I think it will be Adam Daniel.
  • katydid25
    katydid25 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    My brother and his wife just had their baby yesterday and I am having major baby fever.

I was shocked when I read this! We're due a few days apart and my older brother has been sending updates as his wife in labor right now!

I love hearing all the results of your anatomy scans and the names you've picked out!! I love the second trimester! So many exciting things happen and I haven't been too sick (and not yet too large and uncomfortable!) to enjoy it all!
  • EricaG86
    EricaG86 Posts: 28
    Options
    hi guys im 25 weeks pg right now..i havent been on in awhile..but dont you hate it when you haven't seen someone in awhile and they know your pregnant and they say they can't tell your pregnant, that you look the same?!??? I'm like I gained over 25 lbs already and i look the same?? my jeans don't fit me anymore, wth I look the same?!?! Geez..sorry just pregnant venting lol
  • chickybuns
    chickybuns Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    I posted this on my wall, but i'm not friends will all of you so I just wanted to update. Today I went for a regular appointment and the heart beat was good and I am measuring 1cm ahead. They said the pictures they got from my 6/22 u/s were not optimal so I have another one scheduled next Thursday. I'm trying not to worry too much, as I feel and have been reassured that if there was a major problem they would have said something earlier. But the good news is I get to see my little boy again :) Hoping he cooperates this time :)
  • bellisima6
    bellisima6 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I'm francophone and my hubby is anglophone...so we want a name that can be easily pronounced in both languages.
    We picked Arielle for a girl's name and that was easy. It took us a long time to pick out a boy's name but finally did: Ollie.
    My husband and I are both competitive snowboarders and we could both relate to those names due to snowboard tricks. I thought they were cool and could easily be pronounced in either French or English. :)

Glad I'm not alone, I like the name Avah Grace but hubby is not game. He like Anaise Grace and I'm not a big fan. I hope we agree on a name before baby girl makes her entrance in the world LOL
  • blink1021
    blink1021 Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    Well I think I have officially overreacted. At my last dr. visit at the end of July my blood pressure was borderline high. So the dr. told me to just keep track of it and to call if it became over 140/90. I had high blood pressure with my first pregnancy and have done my best to try to prevent it in this one. So naturally since then I have been freaking out worrying about my blood pressure. Well the past few days I have not felt well I have been dizzy off and on headaches and not hungry or at least when I was hungry I couldn't eat nothing tasted or sounded good. So I of course jump to conclusions that it is my blood pressure. Well using a home machine I take it on Wed. night and it is high not too high but over 140/90. So I call the answering service and a dr. calls me back and tells me to lay down and then re take it if it is still high to go to the ER if it is normal to call the office on Thurs. So I do end up with a normal reading so I wait till Thurs. and they call me in the office. My blood pressure is still a little high when they take it so I talk to the dr. and wants to run blood work. Checks the baby and says she is fine. So he checks my blood pressure one more time and it is normal. Since I am not feeling well he wants me to take it easy and rest and then come back and see him on Monday morning. Last night I break out in a horrific head cold scratchy throat watery eyes congestion, cough, runny nose, achiness. So now I am thinking that all the "high blood pressure symptoms" I was expierencing was just this sickness coming on. Now I feel stupid, but better safe than sorry.
  • blink1021
    Options
    I'm francophone and my hubby is anglophone...so we want a name that can be easily pronounced in both languages.
    We picked Arielle for a girl's name and that was easy. It took us a long time to pick out a boy's name but finally did: Ollie.
    My husband and I are both competitive snowboarders and we could both relate to those names due to snowboard tricks. I thought they were cool and could easily be pronounced in either French or English. :)

Glad I'm not alone, I like the name Avah Grace but hubby is not game. He like Anaise Grace and I'm not a big fan. I hope we agree on a name before baby girl makes her entrance in the world LOL

I love the name Grace it was my first choice if my son had been a girl. Maybe you should use that as a first name. Now that I am finally having a girl I can't use it. My wonderful bother in law stole it. My mistake I never should have told his wife my name choices.
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    I posted this on my wall, but i'm not friends will all of you so I just wanted to update. Today I went for a regular appointment and the heart beat was good and I am measuring 1cm ahead. They said the pictures they got from my 6/22 u/s were not optimal so I have another one scheduled next Thursday. I'm trying not to worry too much, as I feel and have been reassured that if there was a major problem they would have said something earlier. But the good news is I get to see my little boy again :) Hoping he cooperates this time :)

I'm sure all is well hon. I hope you get to see your son again soon! :)
  • ajsdream
    ajsdream Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    hi guys im 25 weeks pg right now..i havent been on in awhile..but dont you hate it when you haven't seen someone in awhile and they know your pregnant and they say they can't tell your pregnant, that you look the same?!??? I'm like I gained over 25 lbs already and i look the same?? my jeans don't fit me anymore, wth I look the same?!?! Geez..sorry just pregnant venting lol

haha I get that way too! Sometimes, I feel like stripping down in front of them and saying, "There! Do I look the same now? Really?" Obviously, I'm much to conservative to ever do that, but I bet that would shut them up!
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options

Oh my goodness. I feel the same way. My belly was almost flat before I got pregnant, and now it's huge and people tell me they can't tell. I feel like slapping them.
  • ajsdream
    Options

That's exciting that you get to see your little boy again!

Babies just don't like to cooperate with the ultrasound tech sometimes. :) I've had a lot of ultrasounds at this point, and sometimes they can get good pics, and sometimes they can't because she's too busy perfecting her dance moves in there. Personally, my feeling on it is: if there was a major problem, they would have had you in a lot sooner than two months. Some ultrasound machines aren't good enough to produce high quality images until the baby gets a little bigger.
  • Aeriel
    Aeriel Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    Haven't been able to decide on a boys name yet, but my personal favourite for a girl right now is Arianna Lillian, with a few others coming in very close behind.. Have't really discussed it with my husband yet, as he never seems to worry about it until I am off work and counting down to due date, and sometimes not until the baby arrives! LOL.
  • blink1021
    Options
    Went back to the doctor again today. Blood pressure stll good so no meds right now. Seems that the spike I had was from this oncoming horrific cold I have had, Thank god it seems to be going away now it is just a hacking cough. Get to go in two weeks to do the GD test so wish me luck. They are having me do the 2hr test instead of the 1hr. It kind of makes me nervous almost like he thinks it will show up positive. He just says that if I do the 2hr it will be the only one I have to take. I guess if you fail the 1hr you have to take a 3hr so he is saving me time. I also get to have another ultrasound :) very excited to hear this it will probably be at my October appt.
  • cocolo89
    cocolo89 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    Went back to the doctor again today. Blood pressure stll good so no meds right now. Seems that the spike I had was from this oncoming horrific cold I have had, Thank god it seems to be going away now it is just a hacking cough. Get to go in two weeks to do the GD test so wish me luck. They are having me do the 2hr test instead of the 1hr. It kind of makes me nervous almost like he thinks it will show up positive. He just says that if I do the 2hr it will be the only one I have to take. I guess if you fail the 1hr you have to take a 3hr so he is saving me time. I also get to have another ultrasound :) very excited to hear this it will probably be at my October appt.

Ah yikes. Sorry to hear that. I am glad they are trying to take control of it. 140 and above does seem high to me. My blood pressure at my visit 2 weeks ago was 98, I asked her if its too low and she said that its perfect, that pregnancy sometimes llowers your blood pressure. I had low blood pressure with my DD as well, if it ever got to 110-120 I started freaking out cause I was not used to it. They assured me its fine. LOL.I hope you pass the GD test!
  • vonalj
    vonalj Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Just had my checkup. I'm 25wks and up 17lbs from my prepregnancy weight. My blood pressure was good, 100/75. Ethan's heartrate was 154bpm. I have been having issues with spotting so no hanky panky for me and the hubs for another 7days. Dr. didn't feel that it was anything to be concerned about but said it was the general rule of thumb to abstain for 7days after bleeding. He said it could've been from passing a polyp or just because I'm more vascular from being pregnant. So by the time my hubs and I will be intimate again it will be almost a whole month. Better to be safe than sorry though. Also I got my wrist slapped because I gained 6lbs from the last appt. My Dr. advised me that if I kept that up that I would run into alot of unnecessary and avoidable complications. He said I should be eating around 1500-2000calories so I updated my goals and am vowing to log everything from here on out. I got my script to go and get the sugar test, should be fun. Heard that drink tastes terrible! Thats all for now. Hope all you other mommas are doing well!
  • lilchino4af
    lilchino4af Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    Had my 16 week checkup today. They checked my blood pressure (don't remember what it was, but it was good; it's written down but the book is in the car), baby's heart rate by doppler (156 bpm), and discussed other Q&A items, and the next couple of milestones. Next u/s actually won't be until week 20 (booo I thought it would be today), and my next OB appt will be at 24 weeks. Of course, my military service doesn't do another u/s until 22 weeks and I leave for a 3-week class during week 24, so both will be done during week 23 lol. Can't schedule the u/s until 17 Sep when the Oct schedule becomes available, but shooting for the same date for both to kill two birds with one stone since the clinic is on a different installation than where I work.
  • Nerdybookgirl
    Nerdybookgirl Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I'm interested to know what everyone is doing for calories. Now that I'm in my second trimester, I'm doing the "gain 1/2 pound a week." I was going to just do maintenance, but I'm also nursing a toddler and I'm exhausted and light headed if I don't eat more. How do you all determine calories (or are you not counting)?
  • lilchino4af
    lilchino4af Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    I'm interested to know what everyone is doing for calories. Now that I'm in my second trimester, I'm doing the "gain 1/2 pound a week." I was going to just do maintenance, but I'm also nursing a toddler and I'm exhausted and light headed if I don't eat more. How do you all determine calories (or are you not counting)?
    For second tri, I'm doing the 1/2 lb gain. Some days I"m not hungry enough to eat it all, so I carry those extra cals to the next day as an exercise entry If I'm hungry I don't worry about going over, and in the same idea I'll take what i went over by and add them as quick cals to the next day. I'm doing this so I don't stress as much about making my cals daily or bumming that i went over, and to make sure that over the course of week I come out even (that's more important to me than the daily count in the long run). There are entries in MFP for nursing that you should look into logging under your exercise tab, as it burns 200-500 cals depending on how often you nurse, to make sure you're eating enough for a good milk supply for your toddler and giving you enough nutirion for your growing baby. Hope that helps!
  • ajsdream
    Options
    I am also at "gain 1/2 pound per week", but I haven't been logging my food. That changes today! I had an appointment yesterday, and I've gained 22 pounds in 23 weeks. Eeek! So I'm going to log every day, but not worry if I go over some days.

In the middle of my GTT right now! That orange drink was yucky, and now I'm light-headed.
  • blink1021
    Options
    I am not logging either. I didn't really see the point because I have had food adversions and sometimes I eat whatever I can. I think I have done really well weight wise I have only gained 11lbs and am almost 24 weeks. I haven't gained any weight since July 6 so I am hoping to just stay the same till the end. I try not to stress about calories and I eat when I am hungry. I do try to make good choices but I also do not deprive myself if I want a slice of pizza I eat it or a bowl of ice cream I eat that too. I think I have done well so far.