• caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    pork chop and a cuke and tomato salad.

celery and PB for snack.
  • SweetxCatastrophe
    SweetxCatastrophe Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    Lunch: salad with salmon (skin left on and cooked super crisp..YUM!) and pomegranate dijon dressing (2tbsp pomegranate infused red wine vinegar, 1 tbsp olive oil, 2 tsp dijon -- I like mine more vinegary but you could reverse and do 2tbsp oil and 1 of vinegar. and make sure the dijon doesn't have added sugar!)

Dinner: Juan Pollo! Love this place...its a Southern California chain that does rotisserie chicken that is insane! WAY better (and cheaper) than El Pollo Loco even. For $12 I got 2 whole chickens, salsa, flour tortillas and a side (side and tortillas for hubs). I ate a whole half of one of the chickens on cabbage leaves with the salsa.
  • Laura_beau
    Laura_beau Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options

Made about 8 balls:

-4 good quality pork sausages, skins removed
    - 4 rashers bacon, chopped and fried until crispy
    - 1/2 small onion
    - 4 mushrooms, chopped finely
    - 2 tbsp chopped nuts (I used chopped mixed nuts)- this is instead of your breadcrumbs.
    - Chopped fresh parsley, sage, rosemary & thyme (I did not go to scarborogh fair...)
    - Black pepper
    - 1/4 tsp nutmeg
    - 1/4 tsp garlic powder

Mix, form into balls & bake for about 20 mins.

Stuffing is for life- Not just for Christmas!

Thanks! If you just used bulk pork sausage, would it be about a pound? Or are you talking the small breakfast sausages?

You can use loose pork sausage meat or ready made sausages with their skins removed & mashed up (But check the carb counts as some have carby fillers added)

I think this is another UK/US translation job! We use the term sausage to mean a fat sausage in it's skin, the small ones being chipolatas or cocktail sausages. I think in the US sausage is loose meat??
  • Laura_beau
    Options
    Having a nice dinner tonight:

Pork loin rolled in coarse grain mustard the wrapped in bacon & baked (Yes....... I am gonna do double pork!!) Served with crispy parmesan green beans and mashed faux-tatoes (cauli mash).

I haven't yet tried the crispy beans- they are supposed to loosely resemble chips (french fries) but in case you're interested here's how they are made:

-Par boil the beans for about 2 mins
    - Leave to cool
    - toss in egg white
    - coat in a mix of parmesan & almond flour/ground almonds (add garlic powder or cayenne if you wish)
    - bake for 10 mins until golden & crispy.
  • susannahcooks
    susannahcooks Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I haven't yet tried the crispy beans- they are supposed to loosely resemble chips (french fries) but in case you're interested here's how they are made:

That sounds great! Let us know how they turn out :)
  • Alisha_countrymama
    Alisha_countrymama Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    0816121812.jpg
    0816121755.jpg
    0816121824.jpg

Oven Roasted Smokey Brisket
    Adapted from Paula Deen at Food Network

Ingredients

4 lb. beef brisket, trimmed
    2 teaspoons liquid smoke (a little goes a long way)
    2 Tablespoons salt, kosher
    2 Tablespoons chili powder
    1 Tablespoon Chipotle chili powder
    1 Tablespoon garlic powder
    1Tablespoon onion powder
    1 Tablespoon black pepper, freshly ground
    2 teaspoons dry mustard
    1 Tablespoon sugar (splenda)
    1 bay leaf, ground
    1½ - 2 cups beef stock

Directions

Preheat oven to 350° F.
    Start by rubbing brisket with the liquid smoke.In a small mixing bowl, combine the salt, chili powder, chipotle chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, black pepper, dry mustard, sugar, ground bay and mix well. POur and rub in this seasoning mixture on both sides of the brisket, covering well. Place brisket into a roasting pan, uncovered, and roast for 1 hour.

After 1 hour, lower oven to 300° F. Add enough beef stock to coome up about ½ inch in pan. Cover tightly with aluminum foil and continue to cook for 3 hours, or until fork tender.

Trim any excess fat and slice thinly. Serve accompanied by pan juices.
    Serves 10

Cloud Bread
    3 eggs, separated
    3 tablespoons whole milk cottage cheese or 3 tablespoons cream cheese
    1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
    1pk (1 g) packet artificial sweetener
    Directions: 1 Preheat oven to 300 degrees. 2 Separate the eggs very carefully, there must be no yolk in the white. 3 In one bowl, mix together the egg yolks, the 3 T. of Cottage Cheese OR Cream Cheese and the one packet of Sweetener until smooth. 4 In the other bowl add 1/4 teaspoon of Cream of Tartar to the whites and beat the whites on high speed until they are fluffy and form nice peaks. 5 Very carefully fold the egg yolk mixture into the egg whites until mixed, but try and not break down the fluffiness of the egg whites too much. 6 Spray two cookie sheets with Pam or other fat-free cooking spray. 7 With a large spoon, "scoop" the mixture into 10 even rounds on the sheets (about the size of the top-half of the McDonalds hamburger bun; roughly 3/4 inch thick and 4 to 5 inches across). 8 Bake on the middle rack. Here is when you have to watch them, because the cooking time the same on any two batches. It is somewhere around 1/2 hour, but it could be less or more. You just need to watch them until them become nice and golden brown (again, the color of a McDonalds bun). 9 Remove from the pans and cool on a rack or cutting board. 10 While warm they are crumbly and similar to cooked meringue - but don't let this fool you! Once completely cool, seal them in a ziplock storage baggie or a tupperware over night. They will totally change their consistency, to something much more like bread - a softer texture that is nice and chewy. If you do not like softer chewy bread, then eat them as they are, nice and crisp. 11 Since the sides that were facing the pan are perfectly flat, you use these to spread things on, or make sandwiches, or even as a burger bun! The choice is up to you, and you will be quite amazed at how much like a bun these really are!
  • maremare312
    maremare312 Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    B--Round steak with "gravy" and veggies
    L--Salad and chicken
    D--Summer sausage and veggies
    Snack--cucumber, cheddar cheese slice
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    i'm gonna cook a burger and put it on my salad wit some pickles and mayo.

not feeling very inventive :P
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    <snip>

That looks great! Noted :)

I'm going to bed my system down with some hearty (!) eggs and bacon then all bets are off because I'm off into the big smoke (small smoke actually, it's Brisbane) for the afternoon and evening.

I suspect today will be a metabolic reset day :)

If I can remember it to log it then I haven't been trying hard enough.
  • TheVimFuego
    Options
    A spicy bacon/salad/spinach/cheese mix to jump start my day and blow away some cobwebs from last night.

Some homemade rissoles and salad later.

I logged my booze for yesterday as far as I can recall and suffice to say that putting away pints of real ale do nothing for low-carbing :)

Fun though, and the social aspects outweighed the less than stellar nutrition ... back on it today ...
  • Sarah_Wins
    Sarah_Wins Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    1- sausage
    2- protein shake
    3- salad, grilled asparagus and tilapia
    4- tuna patties, steamed broccoli
    5- cheeseburger with onions and sf ketchup, protein shake #2
    6- lc pancakes, almonds

...and that would be "eat more to weigh less" low carb style!! 21 net carbs, 1700 cals =)
  • maremare312
    Options
    Meal 1--Salad from Chipotle--carnitas, lettuce, cheese, salsas, guac, sour cream
    Meal 2--summer sausage, cottage cheese
    Meal 3--Sirloin Steak
    Snacks--Atkins caramel nut roll, cucumber
  • TheVimFuego
    Options
    I am going simple but effective today ...

- coffee and heavy cream to start as usual

- a spicy bacon, salad, spinach, cheese mixture for lunch with some kangaroo sausages lobbed in

- some salmon fishcake things and some sweet potato mash with veggies for dinner
  • quiggley
    quiggley Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I am doing just Meat, Eggs and Cheese with a few Veggies for 2 weeks.

Steak with Eggs and Cheese for Breakfast

Meatloaf for dinner there is Broccoli but I only ate 2 bites just not hungry

Fat Bomb for Snack
  • maremare312
    Options
    Today was random because I was gone most of the day, but I packed a cooler with food to take with me.

Meal 1--cottage cheese, 1/4 cucumber, protein bar
    Snack--blueberry bacon low carb cake I made
    Meal 2--Salad with summer sausage, cheddar cheese, ceasar dressing and some rotisserie chicken
    Snack--spicy fried cashews and 1/4 cucumber
  • Laura_beau
    Options
    Lunch: Mixed leaves with baby pickled beets, cooked chicken breast with a citrus dressing.

Dinner: Corned beef hash made with cubed parboiled turnip (approx 4 mins) fried alongside cubed courgette (zuchinni) and corned beef chunks seasoned with black pepper, tabasco hot sauce, worcesterhire (lea & perrins) sauce. Topped with a fried or poached egg & fresh parsley leaves,
  • Alisha_countrymama
    Alisha_countrymama Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    <snip>

That looks great! Noted :)

I'm going to bed my system down with some hearty (!) eggs and bacon then all bets are off because I'm off into the big smoke (small smoke actually, it's Brisbane) for the afternoon and evening.

I suspect today will be a metabolic reset day :)

If I can remember it to log it then I haven't been trying hard enough.

Something I noticed was that it was way to salty, i used all the rub, maybe I shouldn't have. I hate really salty meat. But it was tender falling apart. :)
  • maremare312
    Options
    Meal 1: Crockpot round steak with "gravy" and veggies
    Snack: Fried Cajun cashews
    Meal 2: Bacon, egg, and cheese sandwich made with Oopsie rolls
    Snack: Protein Shake
    Meal 3: Curry Chicken

I made my first batch of Oopsie rolls this morning and my sandwich was so yummy! I hear they're better the second day though?
  • SweetxCatastrophe
    SweetxCatastrophe Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    Usual breakfast
    Lunch : crockpot chopped bbq chicken with sautéed chard
    Dinner: steak, yellow squash
    Snack: homemade pickled green beans..... Sooooo good!
  • TheVimFuego
    Options
    I feel the need for copious amounts of meat today so I will be cooking up much diced beef with some garlic, spinach and lobbing it in with some leafy veggies today.

Cooked in Supafry 100% animal fat, spice it up and there we have a couple of meals that cannot fail on all levels. And not a "healthy whole grain" in sight.

My weaning off cheese is going well and I think it's having a positive effect on the blubber slashing. I also haven't had any dry skin issues for ages so maybe there is some connection there too.

Onwards ...