Where are my fellow P90xers?

Options

Replies

• StarvingDiva
    StarvingDiva Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    Beat my max for every chest and back exercise. Ab ripper X is another story, fifer scissors gets me every time, my stomach is still on fire. I hate but I love it.

I hate fifer scissors too.
  • StarvingDiva
    Options
    Holy Junk Shoulders Batman!

Since last weeks Chest, Shoulders & Triceps didn't feel that difficult I upped my weight this week and by the time I was down for ARX I was down for the count. My arms felt like Junk. Holy cow! I'm going to feel that tomorrow.

I've also been adding 5 extra reps to mason twist every week, so now I'm up to 95 mason twists for a grand total of 370 total ab exercises. I've also finally begun to hold my hands in the air for in and outs. I'm getting there. Every day I push a little further. I love P90x
  • Cuhejo300
    Options

Since last weeks Chest, Shoulders & Triceps didn't feel that difficult I upped my weight this week and by the time I was down for ARX I was down for the count. My arms felt like Junk. Holy cow! I'm going to feel that tomorrow.

I've also been adding 5 extra reps to mason twist every week, so now I'm up to 95 mason twists for a grand total of 370 total ab exercises. I've also finally begun to hold my hands in the air for in and outs. I'm getting there. Every day I push a little further. I love P90x

95!, I want be like you when I grow up.. thats incredible.
  • Barberini
    Barberini Posts: 140 Member
    Options

95 mason twists??? What day are you on? I have good days and bad, my best is 50 straight but some days I still need to pause for a beat. You are doing so well!!!!
  • Barberini
    Options
    Day 23! Did Core Synergistics for the first time and loved it! Making the most of my recovery week. I have booked in for a massage and pedicure on Thursday as a reward for all my hard work so far. I am considering having a "free day" on Sunday after doing my fit test and measurements for progress check one. I have missed carbs so much!

I am looking at what to do for my next program, deciding between Turbo Fire and Insanity. Any thoughts on these? I guess it will really depend on what my results are like at the end of thes 90 days, but I don't want to have to wait too long to start my next challenge so I am doing some research now. I will probably do a hybrid so I don't lose my strength.
  • StarvingDiva
    Options

95 mason twists??? What day are you on? I have good days and bad, my best is 50 straight but some days I still need to pause for a beat. You are doing so well!!!!

I'm on day 38, I do pause in between to readjust my form as sometimes I'm slouching or falling back, so I will pause to readjust, I also do most exercises not following tony. I don't even start the disc until I'm doing V-Ups, then by the time tony gets to Fifer scissors I'm done all the other exercises so I will do fifer scissors and then go right into mason twists, then skip ahead to the cool down I don't like to feel rushed doing the ab exercises, I want them to be good form rather than trying to keep up with Tony.
  • kalawhon
    kalawhon Posts: 162 Member
    Options

Holy smokes!! That's so awesome woman!!! YOu are killing it, wtg!!!
  • kalawhon
    kalawhon Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Day 23! Did Core Synergistics for the first time and loved it! Making the most of my recovery week. I have booked in for a massage and pedicure on Thursday as a reward for all my hard work so far. I am considering having a "free day" on Sunday after doing my fit test and measurements for progress check one. I have missed carbs so much!

I am looking at what to do for my next program, deciding between Turbo Fire and Insanity. Any thoughts on these? I guess it will really depend on what my results are like at the end of thes 90 days, but I don't want to have to wait too long to start my next challenge so I am doing some research now. I will probably do a hybrid so I don't lose my strength.

Love core Syn!!
    I wanted to do Insanity for my next round, but couldn't get my hands on it by the time I completed my 90 days,so I took 3 weeks off and did another round, I'd say go for insanity or the hybrid!
    There are so many programs out there that I'd LOVE to try! haha. .. P90X has been my only & #1 so far.
  • gpcoleman
    gpcoleman Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    So I'm new to MFP as of yesterday and on day 2 of P90X. Did it for a week a long time ago and ...well you know how it goes. This time i'm determined! What is the best way to calculate calories burned during these workouts? I have an app on my phone called GPS+ (free version) that I used today for Cordio X and according to it I only burned 121 calories. Can that be accurate? I did put in good effort, was sweating and short of breath. I have a feeling it's off. The app works as a pedometer so obviously wouldn't have calculated all movement. Can anyone help me figure out how to calculate calories burned more accurately please.
  • Barberini
    Options
    So I'm new to MFP as of yesterday and on day 2 of P90X. Did it for a week a long time ago and ...well you know how it goes. This time i'm determined! What is the best way to calculate calories burned during these workouts? I have an app on my phone called GPS+ (free version) that I used today for Cordio X and according to it I only burned 121 calories. Can that be accurate? I did put in good effort, was sweating and short of breath. I have a feeling it's off. The app works as a pedometer so obviously wouldn't have calculated all movement. Can anyone help me figure out how to calculate calories burned more accurately please.

There are a few options:
    1) The best way is to use a heart rate monitor.
    2) Go to p90xcalories.com/
    3) Take you own heart rate every 10 minutes during the workout to figure out a (very) rough estimate of your heart rate and use the average to calculate your calorie burn using a formula such as http://www.shapesense.com/fitness-exercise/calculators/heart-rate-based-calorie-burn-calculator.aspx

Personally, I take the average HR from my HRM and plug it into the equation in option 3.

Good luck with your second round, and welcome to the group!
  • StarvingDiva
    Options
    I too suggest a heart rate monitor with a chest strap. That is what I use to monitor my heart rate.

Cardio X never gives me a good burn.
  • moran1917
    moran1917 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    Superman!! Banana!!! OMG slow down I can barely get in place before you tell me to change!!!!! First day of Core Synergistics. :laugh:
  • StarvingDiva
    Options
    Superman!! Banana!!! OMG slow down I can barely get in place before you tell me to change!!!!! First day of Core Synergistics. :laugh:

HAHA! The first time I did it I was on vacation in this tiny room, it wasn't the best for superman banana....I couldn't do drea roll.

Core Synergistics is NO JOKE!
  • gpcoleman
    gpcoleman Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thanks Nicole and Starving Diva. I found a heart rate monitor app that I will try today.
  • RobJSoccer
    RobJSoccer Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hello,

My name is Rob J and, I have started P90X multiple times; the running joke is I call it P21X because I only get through 21 days. I'm in relatively good shape because I play soccer but, I want to lose about 10 lbs, increase my flexibility, and increase my sprinting speed and agility. I am trying to do P90X during soccer season which sometimes means I have sore knees and need to replace Plyo X with Cardio X because I play games on Sunday and, my joints usually don't recover quick enough to put a Plyo load on them with only one day of recovery time. Anyways, I have posted here because I want to be part of a community that will keep me motivated and encouraged to get through the program completely. I am a husband of a great wife, father of two little boys, full-time employee, and part-time student. So, this means I'll be doing all my workouts in the morning.

The hardest part for me will be sticking with the program as I tend to get bored quickly. That is why I'm here. Please help to keep me motivated and, I will do the same for you! Thanks!

Someone encouraged me to come to this thread so here I am (Nicole), thanks!

Day 1 Chest & Back/Ab Ripper X and Day 2 Cardio X (Replaced for Plyo X) in the bag! I feel good that I'm putting fitness as a priority in my life again. I get so busy that sometimes fitness is the first thing to give but, I feel so much better when I actually complete the workout. The rest of my day is smooth at work and, I feel much more patient with people. Looking forward to day 3!

-Update Day 3

Moved Legs & Back/Ab Ripper X to Day 3 rather than Day 5 because I knew my legs would be too sore/not recovered in time when my Sunday soccer game came around. I'll hit arms & shoulders on Day 5. I'll probably be doing this switch until the season is over. I don't think it will be too much trouble. The only problem I had today is that my back & arms were still really, really sore so I wasn't able to do many pullups at all. Some sets I had to skip because of how sore I was (I could do the reps but, I listened to my body and felt I might sustain an injury if I pushed). Although, I don't expect this to be a problem going forward. I always get so sore the 1st two weeks of this program and, then my body starts to get used to the load and recovers much quicker. I think some of my muscles are "reawakening" and, I don't expect this to be a problem after the 1st two weeks.

Also, I woke up at 5:15 AM this morning expecting my son to wake up around 6:30 AM. He woke up at 5:30 AM! So, I couldn't do everything I would have liked. I held him while I did wall squats, calf raises, etc...So that did slow me down a little bit but, after the chest & back workout, I realized that I probably shouldn't try to complete all the reps during the first week anyways because I would be beyond sore. I strived to do about 1/2 the reps that Tony did on everything. Right now, I'm doing about 3/5 of the reps in the Ab Ripper X video. Once again, I plan on stepping this up after the 1st two weeks once my body has acclimated to the work load. Anyways, that is the end of my monologue for now. I'm looking forward to Day 4, Yoga X! I think I will get the most benefit from striving to become more flexible. That is by far my weakest area. Coincidentally that is my wife's strongest area and, she mops the floor with me during the Yoga X routine without even trying (if she decides to jump in).

Hope everyone else is going strong. Keep it up!
  • StarvingDiva
    Options
    Plyo was incredibly brutal today due to how sore my body was from upping my weights on Chest, Shoulders & Triceps yesterday. Holy god I felt every landing all over my body. I wonder if it's safe to bathe in tiger balm.

Onwards and upwards! BRING IT PEOPLE
  • RobJSoccer
    Options
    I'm not the most exacting person but, I noticed some of you wondering what kind of calorie burn you were getting per P90X exercise. Well according to this website: http://www.livestrong.com/article/318492-calories-burned-during-p90x-workouts/

You burn an average of 600 calories per P90X exercise. I know this can vary widely. If you go all out, you burn more than that; if you are just going through the motions you are going to burn less. Plus, each workout probably does have a different calorie burn.

But if you are lazy like me: for this website, I just put jogging (8 minute miles) for 30 minutes and, that puts my calorie burn per day at ~537. So, this is a satisficing kind of way of going about figuring out how many calories you burn per exercise. My real goal is just to see what kind of general calorie deficit I need to maintain to drop weight slowly. I didn't want to try to figure it out exactly. I don't know if I have the time for that but, I just wanted to suggest this to anyone else who was curious about some easy ways to get approximations of calorie burns for P90X workout.
  • StarvingDiva
    Options
    Hello,

My name is Rob J and, I have started P90X multiple times; the running joke is I call it P21X because I only get through 21 days. I'm in relatively good shape because I play soccer but, I want to lose about 10 lbs, increase my flexibility, and increase my sprinting speed and agility. I am trying to do P90X during soccer season which sometimes means I have sore knees and need to replace Plyo X with Cardio X because I play games on Sunday and, my joints usually don't recover quick enough to put a Plyo load on them with only one day of recovery time. Anyways, I have posted here because I want to be part of a community that will keep me motivated and encouraged to get through the program completely. I am a husband of a great wife, father of two little boys, full-time employee, and part-time student. So, this means I'll be doing all my workouts in the morning.

The hardest part for me will be sticking with the program as I tend to get bored quickly. That is why I'm here. Please help to keep me motivated and, I will do the same for you! Thanks!

Someone encouraged me to come to this thread so here I am (Nicole), thanks!

Day 1 Chest & Back/Ab Ripper X and Day 2 Cardio X (Replaced for Plyo X) in the bag! I feel good that I'm putting fitness as a priority in my life again. I get so busy that sometimes fitness is the first thing to give but, I feel so much better when I actually complete the workout. The rest of my day is smooth at work and, I feel much more patient with people. Looking forward to day 3!

-Update Day 3

Moved Legs & Back/Ab Ripper X to Day 3 rather than Day 5 because I knew my legs would be too sore/not recovered in time when my Sunday soccer game came around. I'll hit arms & shoulders on Day 5. I'll probably be doing this switch until the season is over. I don't think it will be too much trouble. The only problem I had today is that my back & arms were still really, really sore so I wasn't able to do many pullups at all. Some sets I had to skip because of how sore I was (I could do the reps but, I listened to my body and felt I might sustain an injury if I pushed). Although, I don't expect this to be a problem going forward. I always get so sore the 1st two weeks of this program and, then my body starts to get used to the load and recovers much quicker. I think some of my muscles are "reawakening" and, I don't expect this to be a problem after the 1st two weeks.

Also, I woke up at 5:15 AM this morning expecting my son to wake up around 6:30 AM. He woke up at 5:30 AM! So, I couldn't do everything I would have liked. I held him while I did wall squats, calf raises, etc...So that did slow me down a little bit but, after the chest & back workout, I realized that I probably shouldn't try to complete all the reps during the first week anyways because I would be beyond sore. I strived to do about 1/2 the reps that Tony did on everything. Right now, I'm doing about 3/5 of the reps in the Ab Ripper X video. Once again, I plan on stepping this up after the 1st two weeks once my body has acclimated to the work load. Anyways, that is the end of my monologue for now. I'm looking forward to Day 4, Yoga X! I think I will get the most benefit from striving to become more flexible. That is by far my weakest area. Coincidentally that is my wife's strongest area and, she mops the floor with me during the Yoga X routine without even trying (if she decides to jump in).

Hope everyone else is going strong. Keep it up!

YogaX is challenging no kidding huh? I didn't like it the first couple weeks, I felt antsy while doing it and the moves were so tough for me, I've got very tight hip flexors due to a car accident. But now I kind of look forward too it, It's still too long of a workout but I do like it better than originally thought.
  • RobJSoccer
    Options
    Yes, Honestly I wish the workout was more like an hour long but, I just need to do it because I think I will get the most benefit from flexibility. I can barely touch my toes sitting down with legs straight out in front and, that is not good. Good job on plyo, keep it up!
  • Smuterella
    Smuterella Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    I'm really not feeling the P90x at the moment as my apartment is like a sweat box - its like Bikram Lifting. Not fun. I just want to get outside where there is a breeze and RUN. Anyway - I'm going to try and lift again tonight, for my sins.