Where are my fellow P90xers?

Options

Replies

• kalawhon
    kalawhon Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Welcome Rob!! That's great you are hear and doing P90X again!! Welcome!!
    Sounds like you have a busy life but are able to squeeze in some P90X which is AWESOME!!
    We will help you stick with it, no doubt! And I know what ya mean about getting into the program then get bored. I was like that that too but kept telling myself, to push play and I want to do this for me! And being hear and at teambeachbody.com helped TREMENDOUSLY!! :)
    Hello,

My name is Rob J and, I have started P90X multiple times; the running joke is I call it P21X because I only get through 21 days. I'm in relatively good shape because I play soccer but, I want to lose about 10 lbs, increase my flexibility, and increase my sprinting speed and agility. I am trying to do P90X during soccer season which sometimes means I have sore knees and need to replace Plyo X with Cardio X because I play games on Sunday and, my joints usually don't recover quick enough to put a Plyo load on them with only one day of recovery time. Anyways, I have posted here because I want to be part of a community that will keep me motivated and encouraged to get through the program completely. I am a husband of a great wife, father of two little boys, full-time employee, and part-time student. So, this means I'll be doing all my workouts in the morning.

The hardest part for me will be sticking with the program as I tend to get bored quickly. That is why I'm here. Please help to keep me motivated and, I will do the same for you! Thanks!

Someone encouraged me to come to this thread so here I am (Nicole), thanks!

Day 1 Chest & Back/Ab Ripper X and Day 2 Cardio X (Replaced for Plyo X) in the bag! I feel good that I'm putting fitness as a priority in my life again. I get so busy that sometimes fitness is the first thing to give but, I feel so much better when I actually complete the workout. The rest of my day is smooth at work and, I feel much more patient with people. Looking forward to day 3!

-Update Day 3

Moved Legs & Back/Ab Ripper X to Day 3 rather than Day 5 because I knew my legs would be too sore/not recovered in time when my Sunday soccer game came around. I'll hit arms & shoulders on Day 5. I'll probably be doing this switch until the season is over. I don't think it will be too much trouble. The only problem I had today is that my back & arms were still really, really sore so I wasn't able to do many pullups at all. Some sets I had to skip because of how sore I was (I could do the reps but, I listened to my body and felt I might sustain an injury if I pushed). Although, I don't expect this to be a problem going forward. I always get so sore the 1st two weeks of this program and, then my body starts to get used to the load and recovers much quicker. I think some of my muscles are "reawakening" and, I don't expect this to be a problem after the 1st two weeks.

Also, I woke up at 5:15 AM this morning expecting my son to wake up around 6:30 AM. He woke up at 5:30 AM! So, I couldn't do everything I would have liked. I held him while I did wall squats, calf raises, etc...So that did slow me down a little bit but, after the chest & back workout, I realized that I probably shouldn't try to complete all the reps during the first week anyways because I would be beyond sore. I strived to do about 1/2 the reps that Tony did on everything. Right now, I'm doing about 3/5 of the reps in the Ab Ripper X video. Once again, I plan on stepping this up after the 1st two weeks once my body has acclimated to the work load. Anyways, that is the end of my monologue for now. I'm looking forward to Day 4, Yoga X! I think I will get the most benefit from striving to become more flexible. That is by far my weakest area. Coincidentally that is my wife's strongest area and, she mops the floor with me during the Yoga X routine without even trying (if she decides to jump in).

Hope everyone else is going strong. Keep it up!
  • kalawhon
    kalawhon Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the team!!
    So I'm new to MFP as of yesterday and on day 2 of P90X. Did it for a week a long time ago and ...well you know how it goes. This time i'm determined! What is the best way to calculate calories burned during these workouts? I have an app on my phone called GPS+ (free version) that I used today for Cordio X and according to it I only burned 121 calories. Can that be accurate? I did put in good effort, was sweating and short of breath. I have a feeling it's off. The app works as a pedometer so obviously wouldn't have calculated all movement. Can anyone help me figure out how to calculate calories burned more accurately please.
  • znm100
    znm100 Posts: 148
    Options
    whats up y'all?! Glad to see some new faces around here! Welcome everyone!

So I need your suggestions... I wasn't able to do my Plyo workout yesterday, as I was traveling for work all day... 7 hours of driving and 3 hours of presenting.

What do you think I should do? Should I forget about it and move on? Should I maybe replace tomorrows Yoga with Plyo instead and maybe do a stretch X so I don't lose flexibility? Not sure what I should do... what do you guys think?
  • shaycat
    shaycat Posts: 980
    Options

So I need your suggestions... I wasn't able to do my Plyo workout yesterday, as I was traveling for work all day... 7 hours of driving and 3 hours of presenting.

What do you think I should do? Should I forget about it and move on? Should I maybe replace tomorrows Yoga with Plyo instead and maybe do a stretch X so I don't lose flexibility? Not sure what I should do... what do you guys think?

If it was me I would do plyo instead of yoga.
  • Cuhejo300
    Options
    Hello,

My name is Rob J and, I have started P90X multiple times; the running joke is I call it P21X because I only get through 21 days. I'm in relatively good shape because I play soccer but, I want to lose about 10 lbs, increase my flexibility, and increase my sprinting speed and agility. I am trying to do P90X during soccer season which sometimes means I have sore knees and need to replace Plyo X with Cardio X because I play games on Sunday and, my joints usually don't recover quick enough to put a Plyo load on them with only one day of recovery time. Anyways, I have posted here because I want to be part of a community that will keep me motivated and encouraged to get through the program completely. I am a husband of a great wife, father of two little boys, full-time employee, and part-time student. So, this means I'll be doing all my workouts in the morning.

The hardest part for me will be sticking with the program as I tend to get bored quickly. That is why I'm here. Please help to keep me motivated and, I will do the same for you! Thanks!

Someone encouraged me to come to this thread so here I am (Nicole), thanks!

Day 1 Chest & Back/Ab Ripper X and Day 2 Cardio X (Replaced for Plyo X) in the bag! I feel good that I'm putting fitness as a priority in my life again. I get so busy that sometimes fitness is the first thing to give but, I feel so much better when I actually complete the workout. The rest of my day is smooth at work and, I feel much more patient with people. Looking forward to day 3!

-Update Day 3

Moved Legs & Back/Ab Ripper X to Day 3 rather than Day 5 because I knew my legs would be too sore/not recovered in time when my Sunday soccer game came around. I'll hit arms & shoulders on Day 5. I'll probably be doing this switch until the season is over. I don't think it will be too much trouble. The only problem I had today is that my back & arms were still really, really sore so I wasn't able to do many pullups at all. Some sets I had to skip because of how sore I was (I could do the reps but, I listened to my body and felt I might sustain an injury if I pushed). Although, I don't expect this to be a problem going forward. I always get so sore the 1st two weeks of this program and, then my body starts to get used to the load and recovers much quicker. I think some of my muscles are "reawakening" and, I don't expect this to be a problem after the 1st two weeks.

Also, I woke up at 5:15 AM this morning expecting my son to wake up around 6:30 AM. He woke up at 5:30 AM! So, I couldn't do everything I would have liked. I held him while I did wall squats, calf raises, etc...So that did slow me down a little bit but, after the chest & back workout, I realized that I probably shouldn't try to complete all the reps during the first week anyways because I would be beyond sore. I strived to do about 1/2 the reps that Tony did on everything. Right now, I'm doing about 3/5 of the reps in the Ab Ripper X video. Once again, I plan on stepping this up after the 1st two weeks once my body has acclimated to the work load. Anyways, that is the end of my monologue for now. I'm looking forward to Day 4, Yoga X! I think I will get the most benefit from striving to become more flexible. That is by far my weakest area. Coincidentally that is my wife's strongest area and, she mops the floor with me during the Yoga X routine without even trying (if she decides to jump in).

Hope everyone else is going strong. Keep it up!

Glad you got it fired up again. My life is kind of crazy too, I have to wake up @ 4:30am, 5ish to get the workouts in comfortably, which has typically lasted 7-10 days and then I start over, so I guess I would have to call it P10x. 2.5 weeks ago I made a commitment to get it in no matter what and have seen some crazy results, which makes it all worth it. My daughters like to provide some extra resistance by climbing on my back while Im doing push-ups if I miss the morning workout, which is my inspiration to get up early. Good Luck, lets make it happen.
  • RobJSoccer
    RobJSoccer Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Nice, I'm feeling that 4:30 AM wake up tomorrow too, because...yes, it's Yoga X time. Haha, well it's good your daughters are providing some extra resistance. Glad your seeing some awesome results. I'm hoping after the 1st two weeks I'll see some good results to stay motivated and on top of this program. The third week is always my death knell. Keep it up! I'm with you!
  • RobJSoccer
    Options
    Thanks, Kala, I'm looking forward to keep pushing play too. I've been staying with it so far by just getting to bed early and looking forward to the protein rich diet I get to eat now. Keep it up as well. Thanks for the encouragement!
  • moran1917
    moran1917 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options

I would just move on and do the yoga. Or I would use yesterday as my rest day and just move everything forward a day.
  • StarvingDiva
    StarvingDiva Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options

I would just count yesterday as your rest day and continue on so do plyo today, and so on.
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options
    So I was fasting last time around when I did Core Synergistics, so needless to say it felt like hell. I didn't even do the bonus first month and that Phinx push up had to do of my knees. But man what a difference this time around, not sure if it's having more energy due to not fasting or if this past month really helped me get better, but I breezed through that bad boy, was sweating like hell but got it all done and the bonus.

Anyone notice a big difference doing it from the first month vs the second?
  • moran1917
    moran1917 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    So I was fasting last time around when I did Core Synergistics, so needless to say it felt like hell. I didn't even do the bonus first month and that Phinx push up had to do of my knees. But man what a difference this time around, not sure if it's having more energy due to not fasting or if this past month really helped me get better, but I breezed through that bad boy, was sweating like hell but got it all done and the bonus.

I am only in my first recovery week. So I have only done it once. I get to try again on Friday and I am hoping it goes better. I had so many aches and pains that my best wasn't my truly best last night. This workout was hard. It is the first time there is a movement that I cannot do at all- Drea rolls!!!! No matter how hard I tried to push myself back up onto my feet I just kept falling back on my butt! I would love to be able to do them by my second recovery week.
  • Barberini
    Barberini Posts: 140 Member
    Options

I am only in my first recovery week. So I have only done it once. I get to try again on Friday and I am hoping it goes better. I had so many aches and pains that my best wasn't my truly best last night. This workout was hard. It is the first time there is a movement that I cannot do at all- Drea rolls!!!! No matter how hard I tried to push myself back up onto my feet I just kept falling back on my butt! I would love to be able to do them by my second recovery week.

I am on the same day as you, moran, second go at Core Synergistics tomorrow. I loved it the first time around but I agree with vtmoon, the sphinx pushups were tough. My form was not good. :/ Second time is always better because I am more familiar with the moves. I definitely think that not fasting would make a huge difference, whether I have eaten and how hot is is can influence my workout so much.

Keep it up, guys, you are doing great. Vtmoon, you are on the downslope from here! I can't wait for the half way point. :)
  • Barberini
    Barberini Posts: 140 Member
    Options

I would just count yesterday as your rest day and continue on so do plyo today, and so on.

I agree with what these clever people are saying. Rest day was yesterday, plyo today, and the rest of the workouts for this week get shifted by one day.
  • StarvingDiva
    StarvingDiva Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    OMG Back and Biceps is so brutal, I just finished and I'm drenched in sweat and my arms were still sore from Tuesdays workout. Lots of spinach tonight to stave off the pain as much as I can.
  • znm100
    znm100 Posts: 148
    Options

I agree with what these clever people are saying. Rest day was yesterday, plyo today, and the rest of the workouts for this week get shifted by one day.

Thanks for all the advice folks, but i didnt get a response before workout time, so I just did Bi's and Back and Ab Ripper X. I'll figure something out.

Have a great one everybody!
  • RobJSoccer
    Options
    Well, just knocked out Day 4, Yoga X. I got up earlier than usual because I knew this workout would take a long time. Well, my son woke up early again but, my wife was gracious to watch him while I completed the workout. I completed an hour then I called it quits. I felt fine to keep going; in fact, I felt great because my knees feel so much better once I stretch out my hamstrings (I am extremely tight in my legs). I would have kept going but, I wanted to spend some time with my son before I left for work because I have school tonight but, I'm still pleased with my effort and, I am very happy to be improving my terrible flexibility. Day 4 DONE!

Good to see everyone else is going strong, let's keep it up!

28222698.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • gpcoleman
    gpcoleman Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Glad to find someone here just getting started. I'm on day 4 as well. Yoga X - not a fan - especially the 1st half of the disk! It was much more difficult for me than the balance poses in the 2nd half.
  • BryGuy2
    BryGuy2 Posts: 244
    Options
    Glad to find someone here just getting started. I'm on day 4 as well. Yoga X - not a fan - especially the 1st half of the disk! It was much more difficult for me than the balance poses in the 2nd half.

Yoga is tough even after 2 months haha! You get used to it after awhile though. As hard and long as it is, I feel yoga is necessary for this program. It definitely helped me the first time through.
  • BryGuy2
    BryGuy2 Posts: 244
    Options
    Well, just knocked out Day 4, Yoga X. I got up earlier than usual because I knew this workout would take a long time. Well, my son woke up early again but, my wife was gracious to watch him while I completed the workout. I completed an hour then I called it quits. I felt fine to keep going; in fact, I felt great because my knees feel so much better once I stretch out my hamstrings (I am extremely tight in my legs). I would have kept going but, I wanted to spend some time with my son before I left for work because I have school tonight but, I'm still pleased with my effort and, I am very happy to be improving my terrible flexibility. Day 4 DONE!

Good to see everyone else is going strong, let's keep it up!

28222698.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

I honestly think even 1 hour of yoga is good for you. I am also tight in the legs and have tendonitis in my knees and ankle, so yoga helps to stretch them and relieve them of that inflammation and tightness. Congrats on day 4! Keep bringin it!
  • RobJSoccer
    Options
    Fantastic, didn't know there was a fellow P90Xer on Day 4 as well. I know, I find the 1st half much more challenging also. I really enjoy getting to stretch out my hamstrings and calves. Even though it's boring at times, I think I get the most benefit from this workout than almost all the others.

Keep up the good work!