Options

Replies

• christie5683
    Options
    Bump
  • Clownfish423
    Clownfish423 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Has anybody tried a MIM recipe that would come close to a cheddar biscuit at Red Lobster??? Not sure if that's a good idea for me though....could be dangerous!
  • Stripple
    Stripple Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Bump, rushed out & got all I need.. Can't wait to try
  • Stripple
    Stripple Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    OMG, thank you for this post I have made one, fantastic, very quick tasty meal anytime
  • LLRider
    LLRider Posts: 65
    Options
    I grind my own flax seed in a cheap coffee grinder. I try to keep it on the chunky side - so it has some 'tooth' - fine flax meal is a wee pasty :)

Today's MIM

Basic Recipe ~ Using golden flaxseed +

quarter cup chopped fresh blueberries, quarter oz chopped almonds, T softened cream cheese, stevia rather than splenda. Microwaved in small buttered bowl. Not as cute as brown flax version made in small coffee mug. Plopped out round side up! Fun to have something other than eggs ;)
  • LaJaunaF
    LaJaunaF Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I grind my own flax seed in a cheap coffee grinder. I try to keep it on the chunky side - so it has some 'tooth' - fine flax meal is a wee pasty :)

Today's MIM

Basic Recipe ~ Using golden flaxseed +

quarter cup chopped fresh blueberries, quarter oz chopped almonds, T softened cream cheese, stevia rather than splenda. Microwaved in small buttered bowl. Not as cute as brown flax version made in small coffee mug. Plopped out round side up! Fun to have something other than eggs ;)

Make sure that the grains are at least "broken" or the flax seeds will just travel through your gut and come out the same way they went in! :wink:
  • LaJaunaF
    Options
    Ok, so I'm hooked on these babies now, lol. Has anyone made one with almond meal and if so, was it better/dry/worse/moist/carbier? Was just thinkin it could be a nice treat now induction is over :)

You need to do a 1:1 ratio, so 1/8 cup of flax meal to 1/8 cup of almond meal. It makes it more "cake-like".
  • LaJaunaF
    Options
    Made my first MIM tonight (savory with rosemary, topped with butter), and it was HEAVEN! Mmmm.

I haven't had bread in what feels like forever and was craving it BAD, and I wholly credit the MIM and Laura with saving me from a bad-carb-induced tailspin this evening. :) Thank you.

I have a recipe for Flax meal Foccacia bread. I keep it in a container in my frig. It is my bread go to!
  • LaJaunaF
    Options
    Hello,

I've just started the induction phase of the New Atkins (after a crippling migrane yesterday, detoxing from sugar, I'm on my way to ketosis :) ).

Providing I keep within my 20g of carbs a day, does anyone know if I am allowed these while in induction? Previoulsy the Akins told you to stay away from anything but pure protein and green veg for the Induction phase....

Am really looking forward to trying the savoury version tonight - just back from Holland & Barrets getting the Flax seed!

Thanks!

MIM are completely induction friendly as long as you stick to the original recipe and don't try to add too many "extra" ingredients that are more appropriate for the later phases.
    Ails
  • ladyycats
    ladyycats Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Helo. I just wanted to know if I could use flax seed? I do not have flax meal. Please let me know, thanks
  • clare_smiles
    clare_smiles Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Just tried my first MIM and loved it. Thank you!!!
  • vintagebrighton
    Options
    Helo. I just wanted to know if I could use flax seed? I do not have flax meal. Please let me know, thanks

You have to grind the flax so it looks like flour or the seeds will just pass straight through you - they also don't 'absorb' any liquid so you wouldn't bake as such. I buy the seeds in bulk and use a coffee grinder to mill them when needed. You can buy them pre-milled though but I think this is more expensive.

HTH :)
  • GiGiBeans
    GiGiBeans Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Akimajuktuq
    Akimajuktuq Posts: 3,037 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the recipes. I'm not usually big on replacing bread type products, but it might be good for a special treat. (Minus the splenda for me, and maybe a tad of maple sugar or honey instead).
  • SunnyLynnie
    SunnyLynnie Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I typically make low-carb muffins out of almond flour and they have a lovely nutty taste as well as lots of calcium, but flax has the omega 3 fatty acids. I will try to make a half-and-half flax meal/almond flour and see what happens!
  • ixchel78
    ixchel78 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    For any of the sweet varieties, try taking a tablespoon or so of cream cheese and sweeten it with your sweetener of choice (I used about 1 packet of splenda). Mix the sugar and cream cheese well and drop the ball into the center of your batter before you microwave it. You'll end up with a creamy cream cheese center, much like the cream cheese muffins you get at the store! I did a chocolate MIM with the cream cheese center and I'm hooked! Next I might try it with a blueberry variety.

Yum!
  • angelcurry130
    angelcurry130 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Haven't made these in so long! Version I used had just a teensy bit more oil. I made mine up in single serving casserole dishes, so they were about the size of English muffins. They worked great for breakfast sandwiches! Going to have to try the chocolate version using ixchel78's suggestion. Those sound simply wonderful!
  • jessicaj_824
    jessicaj_824 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    sounds good!
  • dusty_712001
    dusty_712001 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I'm going to have to try this. Although I have not been having bread cravings, it looks like a great way to get fiber back into my diet. I am not big on vegetables (working on it.....slowly).
  • xMillyLouisex
    xMillyLouisex Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    i dont know whether im making it wrong but ive tried making it 2ce and has a really weird nasty almost salty taste to it? but made it with all the original ingredients? where can i be going wrong?