September Challenge - Me vs. The Binge

Options
Well this challenge is a challenge with youself. The challenge is to for you to win in the fight against "The Binge". Many of us struggle with binging and a few of us have found that making "The Binge" a person has helped us fight the emotions or urge to binge.

So the objective of the challenge is to have more days for you (Me) than the "The Binge".

When you have a day you do not succumb to binge urges or binge give yourself (ME) a point. When you give in to the urge to binge you give 'The Binge" a point. No beating yourself up about it because tomorrow is another day. Honesty with yourself is crucial for it to help you and others.

So we keep score with ourselves the whole month. We encourage on another along the way. Please feel free to share you ups, downs, successes, struggles, etc. You will find you are not alone. See below for format. Feel free to use it or use your own format. This Challenge keeps you mindful of binging and the daily support and accountiability helps also.

Check in often. The more you check and share the better you will do for the month. So are you in? You are stronger than the The Binge. One day at a time.

As of September 1, 2012:

Me (Please use your user name) - 0
The Binge - 0

Replies

• IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,385 Member
    Options
    As of September 1, 2012: - Goal 22 or more days without binging

Mollie - 0
    The Binge - 0
  • danifo0811
    danifo0811 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    As of September 1, 2012: - Goal 25 or more days without binging
    Me - 1
    The Binge - 0

I'm on day 11 of no binging from August so I'm pretty happy about that!
  • lightheartedangel
    Options
    I'm up for the challenge. I binged last night, but so far today I've been okay. So!

As of Sept. 1st:

Sarah - 0
    The Binge - 0
  • MamaDee2
    MamaDee2 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    Sept 1!!!!! Goal = the entire month with no binges!!!!

MamaDee - 1
    Binge - big fat goose egg!!
  • eschorre
    eschorre Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Elizabeth-1
    Binge-0

My goal is no binging all month. I know that is a big goal, but I worry if I say I don't want to binge over X number of days then that will give me a pass to binge. A lot of times I don't know when I might binge but have seen a pattern this month by tracking--I have usually been too busy to eat enough during the morning and afternoon and early evening and it starts when I am making dinner. My plan is to have fresh veggie sticks to munch on during meal prep and prepare a light protein snack--hard boiled egg or cheese stick. I really want to be able to sit and enjoy dinner with my family, instead of feeling like a failure at dinner because I binged that afternoon. Now when I am feeling a binge coming on I am going to write out my feelings before and read over some inspirational quotes I have written down. I also am going to tell myself positive things throughout the day then negative self talk I find myself battling all day long!
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    As of September 1, 2012: - Goal to remain mindful of not binging and when I do binge figure out why and what was going on when I binged. I also want to log it all

Mollie - 0
    The Binge - 1 ashamed0005.gif (9/1)

I am not sure I binged today but I am counting it all the same. I did not do too bad and it was not an all and all binge feast but still had some behaviors. I agree with saying an amount of days is like giving yourself a pass. I am still not going to make a all or nothing goal either because that goes to that we need to be perfect to succeed.

9/1 - Binge today was like I said a free day. the weekend and I had a good weight loss so I gave myself a pass today. I will be back on track tomorrow and next time find a non food reward to a good week or weight loss. I logged it all! :blushing:
  • kelbelzz
    kelbelzz Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I'm back, and I'm going to do this entire month challenge! I can go 30 days without binging/purging. (I use this to show how often I'm purging, as well as binging. Hope y'all don't mind.)

Me ; 1
    ED ; 0
  • MissKane8064
    Options
    I'm in, I love it:smile:
  • Enigmatised
    Options
    Enigmatised - 1
    The Binge - 0

I can do this people. :D
    Goal is to go the whole month because I know it's possible..
    Though I really don't wanna beat myself up and get the 'screw this' mentality if I do mess up either.
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    Alright glad I found this right away this time, lol

I have no idea how many times a month I binge currently, I would guess maybe 8-10

I am going to start with a goal of 0, of course, but this way I will really know too....

Unknown Sister - 1

The Binge - 0
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    I'm back, and I'm going to do this entire month challenge! I can go 30 days without binging/purging. (I use this to show how often I'm purging, as well as binging. Hope y'all don't mind.)

Me ; 1
    ED ; 0
    Of course we don't mind dear. This is your challenge and to help you. Whatever works for you. Welcome back!
  • Behavior_Modification
    Behavior_Modification Posts: 24,482 Member
    Options
    September 2012

Diane: 1
    The Binge: 0

Thank you all for being here! :flowerforyou:
  • anorangie
    anorangie Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    T, Sep 2

beatrixia: 2
  • eschorre
    eschorre Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Elizabeth 2
    Binge 0
  • danifo0811
    danifo0811 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    As of September 2, 2012: - Goal 25 or more days without binging
    Me - 1
    The Binge - 1

Not a true binge but I made banana muffins for my daughters and ate quite a few..
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    Me - 2
    Binge - 0
  • iwish123
    iwish123 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I have only just seen this but I think it is a great idea so would like to join in:

As of September 1st:
    Iwish123: 0
    The Binge: 3

As of tomorrow I will aim for the rest of my month to be within my control :).
  • Behavior_Modification
    Behavior_Modification Posts: 24,482 Member
    Options
    September 2012

Diane: 2
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    As of September 1, 2012: - Goal to remain mindful of not binging and when I do binge figure out why and what was going on when I binged. I also want to log it all

Mollie - 1

9/1 - Binge today was like I said a free day. the weekend and I had a good weight loss so I gave myself a pass today. I will be back on track tomorrow and next time find a non food reward to a good week or weight loss. I logged it all! :blushing:
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options

Mollie - 2

[/quote]