Introduce Yourself!

Replies

• MzzAshley
    MzzAshley Posts: 14 Member
    Hey everyone, I'm new and thought I would introduce myself. I had surgery November 16th 2011 at Harper Hospital with Dr.Hendrick. I am currently down 127lbs, 22 lost pre-op. If anyone would like to add me feel free!
  • pawoodhull
    pawoodhull Posts: 1,759 Member
    When was your surgery? Where was your surgery? How much have you lost?

July 2011, Surgery in Grand Rapis, MI (Grand Health Partners, Dr. Kemmeter - fantastic Dr. and bariatric team!), I've lost 121 so far with another 105 to go.
  • flbelle42
    flbelle42 Posts: 6 Member
    Hi,

I had my VSG July 20, 2012. So far, I have lost 81 pounds total. 47 pre-op and 34 post-op.

My surgeon was Dr. Almanza in Tijuana, MX. And I had a great experience with that group.

Deanna
  • mistygrt
    mistygrt Posts: 21 Member
    Hi, I am Misty. I live on beautiful Lake Eufaula in Oklahoma. I had VSG on 6/26/12 in Edmond,Ok with Dr.Gregory Walton. I have lost almost 40 pounds post-op. :)
  • Mlek1969
    Mlek1969 Posts: 13 Member
    Hi! I just joined this group. I am having my VSG on 11/22/12.
  • Mlek1969
    Mlek1969 Posts: 13 Member
    Mine was May 15, 2012, I am just about to hit the 3 month mark. I have lost 54 pounds. I had my surgery at St. John-Providence Health in Madison Heights, MI. My doctor was Dr. Pesta. I am very happy not only with the results but how I feel and have felt the entire time. I had no issues whatsoever.

Luannek, we are almost neighbors! I'm having my surgery are Royal Oak Beaumont in November.
  • JillyInAZ
    JillyInAZ Posts: 44 Member
    Yay! Welcome and congrats to new sleevers! Feel free to friend me

-Jill
  • I had surgery on 07/23/12 - I have lost 52 pounds so far ..
    Dr. Alvarez in Mexico was my doctor
  • actg95
    actg95 Posts: 85 Member
    WOW! That is impressive! 52 pounds in almost two months...
  • Hi everyone! I am Lauren. I live in Maryland, but was sleeved in Oklahoma by Dr. Walton at Weight Wise. Loved him! I was sleeved 8/14 and have been SO happy with my decision. I am down a total of 46 pounds so far (16 pre-op, 30 post op). Looking forward to finding some MFP "friends"!
    Lauren
  • JillyInAZ
    Welcome, and yaaaaaaay! You!!
  • Hello! I had VSG on August 13, 2012. I have lost 67 pounds since my highest weight (half was before surgery and half has been since). I am very happy with my choice and the weight continues to fall off of me!
  • JillyInAZ
    Congrats AshleyCarol!
  • Hello everyone!
    My name is Star - I had my VSG done in Knoxville TN by Matthew Mancini
    My heaviest weight was 305lbs, Im currently 266.

My surgery date was August 29th, 2012. I'm 4 weeks post op.

Feel free to add me/message me/ or anything else.

Glad to be here, and good luck sleevers/soon to be sleevers!
  • donna_l_49
    donna_l_49 Posts: 17 Member
    Hello,

I'm Donna. i had the Sleeve done on August 30 so just a little over a month out. I did a two week pre-op diet and have lost a total of 30 pounds. I live in Oklahoma but had the sleeve done in Sherman, Texas.

Glad to find somewhere where people understand your problems/questions about the sleeve.
  • Hello, I'm Julie. I had VSG on 7/17/12 by Dr. Michael Schweitzer of Johns Hopkins -- Bayview Medical Center. I have lost 38 lbs so far. Surgery weight was 370. Hope to get to about 170 lbs. I didn't gain weight until I had children. I was actually quite skinny when I was a teenager -- less than 120 lbs at 5'8". Happy to be here where I can track my food and see what I am actually eating. It makes a big difference.....
  • I think I am one of the new kids on the block! I had my VSG September 4th 2012 (4 weeks ago) at Stanford Hospital in Palo Alto CA. Great program BTW! I am down 15 lbs since surgery and am on m way! 80+ to go! I have been following WLS folks on YouTube and I have learned so much from others! It's awesome!
  • kellicatherine
    kellicatherine Posts: 3 Member
    I had vsg on 8-16-12, so far I've lost 27 lbs. So happy to be here, feel free to add me as a friend :)
  • JillyInAZ
    Welcome everyone new!
  • I had my sleeve on June 4, 2012 at Centennial Women's in Nashville . Almost four months post op., I've lost 90 pounds! I'm excited! Still a ways to go until my goal weight.
  • When was your surgery? Where was your surgery? How much have you lost?
  • I'm in Charlotte NC. Gettin sleeved Oct 12. By Dr Carl Lowe Carolina Surgical. So excited and anxious, looking forward to all the support from fellow sleevers!
  • themommyiwannabe
    themommyiwannabe Posts: 26 Member
    Hi. My name is Cindy. I am 36 years old. I have been overweight all my life. I have 3 small children and I have finally decided enough is enough. I have almost completed the process for the sleeve. I have been approved by the insurance company. I have to go to my last pre-op educational meeting this week. Once I complete this class, I will be able to schedule an appointment with my surgeon to get my surgery date. I hope to have it in the next few weeks. I have lost 17 pounds to date. I hope to lose at least 107 total. I would love all of the support I can get from others who have or will have gone through the sleeve process. Please feel free to add me!!!!!
  • Hello I had my VSG 08.27.2012 with Dr. Ortiz in Tijuana, Mexico. I have lost a total of 29.5. I am 43 years old, 5' Tall and my starting weight was 209.6 and I am currently down to 181.1.

Just joined MFP and look forward to meeting others on this fantastic journey.
  • Hello, I'm new too :) My gastric sleeve surgery is booked on 30th Oct and I cant wait. For the last 4 weeks I've cut right back on calories, aiming for around 1200 per day and have lost just over 5kg so far, starting the VLCD this coming Monday, using Optifast on the advice of the bariatric dietician. Exciting but tough times ahead.

Would love to hear experiences of others, especially for pureed food and meal ideas.
  • Hey, everyone! I'm currently 7 weeks post-op and I'm looking to add supportive friends who can relate to this experience and support me on my journey. Let's do this together! :)

* VSG was 8/28/12 in Grand Rapids, MI
    * I was down 53lbs at my 6-week post-op appointment last week
  • rncsalvi
    rncsalvi Posts: 4 Member
    Hi VSGers....well today I start my pre-surgery diet of liquids and getting sleeved on Friday 11/2/12. Wish me luck this week.....I believe I will really need it.
  • My name is Michael from Fall River, MA. I had my sleeve 10/10/12 at St. Elizabeth's Medical Center in Brighton, MA. Dr. Nichole Pecquex was my surgeon. She was Amazing!! My Starting weight was 493, my surgery weight was 462. I will be weighed in on Wednesday at my 2 week preop.

Follow my journey: www.lessofmike.com
  • My name is Renee and I will be having the VSG although I don't have a surgery date yet. I'm waiting on a test result to come back from my Sleep study and then I can schedule a date. I'm really needing some friends who have had surgery on here. I've been using this site for almost 2 years and the friends I have on here are great but...they don't understand my decision to have surgery. They think I am taking the easy way out. Which you all know is not the case. I live in West Michigan and I am going through Grand Health Partners for my surgery which is a bariatric treatment center. I'm excited about this new chapter.
  • HMD7703
    HMD7703 Posts: 761 Member
    My name is Renee and I will be having the VSG although I don't have a surgery date yet. I'm waiting on a test result to come back from my Sleep study and then I can schedule a date. I'm really needing some friends who have had surgery on here. I've been using this site for almost 2 years and the friends I have on here are great but...they don't understand my decision to have surgery. They think I am taking the easy way out. Which you all know is not the case. I live in West Michigan and I am going through Grand Health Partners for my surgery which is a bariatric treatment center. I'm excited about this new chapter.

Hi Renee,

feel free to add me. I had VSG on 6/6/11. Been there, done that :wink:
This discussion has been closed.