Workout Log & Progress

Options

Replies

• chezileigh
    Options
    Lol, vaguely recall saying that, but that was long ago before I realised how hard it was!! Lol.

Yeah I'll have a go with that after I've finished 30DS but will probably have a week off between to get my running progress a bit better.

I had a day off yesterday due to a hectic schedule, which meant missing my run, which meant doing that today instead of the shred. Day 1 of Level 3 coming up tomorrow x
  • luce0266
    luce0266 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    hello! ...sorry been in hiding the last week or so.... eating has been pretty bad. Got really demoralised by the lack of any progress at all and have really fallen off the wagon, weight loss now equals 0!!!.

I have been keeping up with the shred though and am on D6 L3 ... but not enjoying this level AT ALL:( finding its really starting to pull on my lower back and not able to do the advanced version of several of the moves which is annoying. I was really enjoying L1 and L2 so its a shame for me

Have decided to bring in some regular gym activity too as just doing the shred on its own is doing nothing for me... will see how this goes.

Hope you guys are all staying postivie and doing the best you can. I have promised myself to step up, and now I have typed this i HAVE to!!
  • chezileigh
    Options
    Hey Luce, don't worry too much about results at the moment, there should definitely be inch loss by now, and chances are your bad eating have just resulted in you retaining water. Can't believe you're only 4 days from finishing, that's an achievement in itself!

I did the first day of L3 and really enjoyed it. It's really hard but I don't worry too much about not being able to do all of it I just do what I can and make sure I work hard.

I did try those plank walks about half way through level 2 and literally couldn't do one, so I was really impressed that I could actually do it for most of the allotted time when I did it yesterday.

Today I ran 5K in 38 minutes which is a two minute improvement from when I did it on Sunday. Yay!! Now I am in pain because the abs stuff from level 3 is really harsh and I have really pushed myself running, so I'm feeling it in my abs right now. Off for a radox.

Chin up everyone, we're nearly bloody there!!!!!!!!!
  • chezileigh
    Options
    P.S. if level 3 is giving you back trouble, perhaps consider doing level 2 instead but just working harder, really doing all of the advanced versions and working your *kitten* off?
  • supermomtoo4
    supermomtoo4 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Luce, if your back is hurting you its probably those superman moves. Try not going all the way up on those and see of that helps. They hurt me at first too.

I did the first run of the c25k tonight, I'll be shredding tomorrow.
  • chezileigh
    Options
    I should be shredding today but have woken up with my shoulder very stiff and painful again. currently I can't use that arm to push myself up off the couch or out of bed, so can't see me doing plank walks today :(
  • luce0266
    Options
    Thanks ladies, it seems like we are the only 3 people left posting on here? What happened to everyone else!

Good shout on the superman moves - actually I should know better because I have been warned about them before, doh!

Well last night the big plan was to come home and go do a class in the gym - for the first time in weeks. Expect my gym had changed the times of classes last night grrrrr so I missed the one I wanted to go to.

So my friend came over and I (kindly) introduced her to Gillian and 30DS L1 and L2... I have to say being the big head I am I thought I would smash through L1, but I totally forgot that there are really tough moves on ALL of the levels, half way through L2 we were both exhusated and dripping with sweat. Note to self never try to do more than one shred session straight after another!!

It was fun though, and I treated myself to the morning off today as I did L1, 2 and 3 yesterday :)

Am wondering what I will do to fill my mornings once I am done with the lovely 30DS .... any suggestions for the next challenge?
  • luce0266
    Options
    I should be shredding today but have woken up with my shoulder very stiff and painful again. currently I can't use that arm to push myself up off the couch or out of bed, so can't see me doing plank walks today :(

p.s. :( I hope the arm recovers soon ... have you been pushing yourself too hard missus???!
  • chezileigh
    Options
    Crikey, 1, 2 and 3 in one day! You'll *be* Gillian soon if you're not careful!

I don't know, I've had problems with this shoulder ever since I started exercising more again. It was really bad last TOM and then manageable inbetween and now it's TOM again and it's really bad again. My first day at L3 could have caused it but that was Monday and I was fine all yesterday, so all I did last night was run, and believe it or not I did it on my legs so can't understand why my shoulder would be bad again??

Bit pissed off but hey ho. Just decided whether to take a complete rest day or whether to Shred and modify anything that's too hard or do something else for the time they are doing plank stuff. Not sure yet, depends how I feel later.

xxxx
  • ch00singlife
    ch00singlife Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I'm still here!!
    Mother-in-law got out of hospital a couple of days ago so I have officially given her husband back!! He is a real pain in the butt old italian man...but broke my heart over his concern for his wife. She was diagnosed with diverticulitis.
    Did level 2 day 1 today. Holy Planks Batman!! I felt like the next exercise would start even before I could get off the floor!! And gee, I THOUGHT I had good balance until I did those one-legged stand thingys. I do like the music better though...
    Hope your shoulder feels better Chez... Laura
  • chezileigh
    Options
    It's still sore but does feel better, but then last time it was like this I carried on and then ended up having to rest because it got worse, so I think I'll rest today and do it tomorrow. Be sensible not like last time. I'll do a load of housework and walk the dogs and what not to make up for the calories.

Glad to hear your MIL is out of hospital, and from what I know about it, diverticulits is very much a manageable and therefore less serious condition to have. My FIL has it and it doesn't cause him too many problems xxxxx
  • supermomtoo4
    supermomtoo4 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Luce you are totally crazy! All 3 levels in one day. Ive done 2 in a day a couple of times and I was so sore I had to take a day off after.

Nice to see you back Choosing.

Ches I hope your shoulder feels better tomorrow.

I'm sore from running yesterday but I still did really well on level 3 today. I like this level so much better. Only 7 more shred days left for me.
  • chezileigh
    Options
    Lol, showing off when I have a depressing 9 days left!!

My shoulder is A LOT better from having a rest day. I feel so much better today. I will be shredding later on, and have lots of walking and what not to do today as well so feeling fabby!

Glad your shred went well Supermom.

If you're sore from running you may not have stretched adequately.

Common mistakes are to stretch the quads but not the hip flexors, to try stretching the hamstrings with the feet flat on the floor (the toes need to be pointed) and to stretch only one calf muscle (to stretch the two main calf muscles adequately you need to do one stretch with the knee locked out, and one with it bent).

I'll see if I can google some demos for you x
  • chezileigh
    Options
    Gastroc and soleus - this is a good demo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4sKp599zLs

glad I found this as it actually helps me - hip flexors

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKFJOTk-cUE

bizarrely I can't find one video where somebody stretches the hams without dorsi flexing the foot, it's not wrong per se but the stretch on the calf can get in the way (for me) so I find it helpful to take the calf off stretch so I can concentrate on what I'm supposed to be doing.
  • ch00singlife
    ch00singlife Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    supermom, I'm encouraged that you are liking level3...something to look forward to after plank-town.

I am also alternating shred day with running/walking day. It is really humid here but I went out today anyway. I had to stop running a few times because my ankles (shins?) were hurting.

My MIL is going to need to change her diet...no more hot peppers in everything!! And nuts, popcorn, seeds....

Have a great day, ladies!!
  • chezileigh
    Options
    today was my run. 5K in 39 today but a bit more of a difficult route, and took the dog who hasn't been for about a week so he was out of practice and slowed me down poor lad. I felt stronger though and overall it was really positive xxx

Shred tomorrow, the pain in my abs has only gone away today (revived slightly by my run tonight) so I think L3 is really really effective on jelly bellies!!! which will be great news by the time we all get to the end.

Does anybody fancy doing it again once we've finished and testing out how much we've improved since last time we did the levels? I think I'm going to do that rather than start ripped in 30 but haven't made my mind up, I'll go along with the majority if others are interested in carrying on together :)
  • zanasush
    zanasush Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone

I am still here. its been a month since I sprained my ankle. So today I am planning to be brave and start 30 DS, from level one again. I finished level 2 and was in day 3 of level 3 when I had this horrible incident. So wish me luck, I hope I can do it without hurting myself further.

Good luck to all of you.. keep shredding

Zana
  • chezileigh
    Options
    Good luck and take it nice and easy your first time, be careful! Well done for starting over instead of giving up on it xxx

Well I've done with day 2 of level 3. I was supposed to run yesterday but things got in the way so I think I'll run tonight and do the shred day 23 tomorrow.

I must say this level is absolutely killing my middle for days after doing each workout. anyone else finding this MUCH more intense on abs? Not that it's a bad thing lol x
  • zanasush
    zanasush Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I could not do it. My ankle still hurts. I will have to give it another week or too. I can't wait to start it again.. its funny coz most of you are wanting it to be over soon but for me I am dying to start again..lol

Well done Chezileigh, for making it to level 3. u have only 7 more days to go... look forward to hear ur outcome..
  • chezileigh
    Options
    that's a shame, but better to wait than injure yourself again. x