CUT Progress After RESET-Tell us your ups/downs!

Options

Replies

• HealthyEllie98
    Options
    Oh and just to add to my previous post: I weighed myself this morning, as TOM is gone....and I'm down another pound. That puts me at a total loss of 3 pounds after doing 3 weeks of cut. I'm now only 2-3 pounds away from my pre-reset weight :)
  • TripleJ3
    TripleJ3 Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    I was prepared for the gain during reset and I have never been one to care what weight I am, its always been about a size more since I have always been muscular and toned and weighed 20lbs more than I look. That scale can still mess with my head but its not just that, its the fat I keep gaining even during cut. I was prepared for a slow "loss" (by loss I mean fat, my goal is to keep my scale weight as high as possible while still reaching my goal size or look) I am prepared to work hard at it as I have been doing since I was a teen.

My issue is I didn't realize that clothes that fit me after reset have slowly become too tight to even wear anymore. I am noticeably carrying more fat in my hips and stomach even while eating at cut, lifting and doing HIIT twice a week. I hit my macros, rarely ever drink and eat fairly clean. This last week I have been relaxing on keeping my every day diet so perfect because I have always been a healthy eater but have always been overweight. I am getting tired of always working at keeping protein up and carbs down only to still gain fat. If I was loosing fat I think I wouldn't feel so ....deprived. I know, I know, I can eat whatever I want but to keep my protein up I have to really work at it and to be honest, I don't always want to snack on tuna and I don't always have time to make my own beef jerky. I have watched my sodium intake for so long now that the store bought stuff is way too salty to me. I have cut back on sugar so much through the years that I can only handle a small amount of anything sugary. My old favorite treat drink is now too sugary for my to have at all!

I haven't given up and I still believe in the whole process, I just wasn't mentally prepared that I would gain even more fat during cut :ohwell:

I am still working on finding what amount of calories and working out works for me, I just hope to get it figured out soon!:tongue:
  • rosied915
    rosied915 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    :heart: :heart: TripleJ:heart::heart:

Send Lucia or KiKi a PM~ you will be amazed at what you'll find out from them!!

Don't let another sad day go by.......K?:smooched:
  • 31prvrbs
    31prvrbs Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    :heart: :heart: TripleJ:heart::heart:

Send Lucia or KiKi a PM~ you will be amazed at what you'll find out from them!!

Don't let another sad day go by.......K?:smooched:

Yes, please do. It's a tad easier to troubleshoot that way. It's so hard to keep tabs on the posts here, and we're often buried so deep in PMs, that we can't make it over here for a bit.... Keep your head up, it's just about finding what makes it work for *you*

It will happen ;)

~Kiki
  • TripleJ3
    Options
    ok thanks....will do! :drinker:
  • Raynn1
    Raynn1 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    Hey all.. Back from my GF's wedding days and checking in briefly before heading out again for one last party.. then Thank god I can relax a bit and get back down to things.
    Rest week is almost over and I am looking forward to getting back to routine. Indulged a bit on booze the last few days so I guess it will be pointless to check measurements anytime soon. Hoping in a few days I might be able to see if anything has changed..

Have a great rest of the weekend
  • SweatpantsRebellion
    Options
    Checking in. Had a bit of scale loss this last week. Of course I'm up a bit now due to not tracking the past few days - pretty sure I overindulged on pizza Friday. In my defense it was this homemade masterpiece that I found a recipe for and I enjoyed every delicious bite! But...time to get back on top of things here. My energy seems like it's on a slight upswing, although it's sitll not quite right. I'm anxious to hear back from the dr.'s next week - they still didn't have everything together on Friday so I'm stuck waiting over the weekend. I'm hoping to have some answers by Tuesday at the latest.

I haven't run in over three weeks. My half marathon is two weeks from today. At this point I think it's certain that I will be running part and walking part. I'm okay with that. I will complete it and have my finisher's medal - that will feel awesome. So here's some things that have been mulling around in my brain. Three weeks ago my husband began his RN program and I started homeschooling my son and one of my daycare kiddos. So things got a bit busyer around here. Also, my last long run that I did three weeks ago was nine miles. I'm wondering if stress could be part of my fatigue. Also, I'm wondering if my adrenals have been run down with the long mileage that I've done to train for my half marathon. Perhaps my body doesn't handle the longer mileage well? Perhaps it's a combo of both? Or perhaps it's something as simple as my body has adjusted to my previous dose of thyroid medication and needs the increase? I'm sorry - I know I'm beating a dead horse here and I'm sure you're all sick of hearing about my energy issues. I guess I'm trying to just get my thoughts out of my head here.

Anyways, I've really been inspired by a few posts and links lately and really reminded of what I want out of this. I know several people are struggling, but we will get there. I bet in a few years time our bodies will be amazingly transformed. Kiki shared this link and I want to share it again in here. Actually I'm sharing the same blog that she shared, but a different link on the blog.

http://builtblog.wikidbody.com/calcs/bfcalc/

Yes, this is just one more online calculator, but I like that it let me input what my desired bf% is. I mean, in the end, isn't that what it's about to get the fitness, look, and shape that we desire? I experimented with different things from putting in 0 muscle loss to muscle gains and the weight it gave me for my desired bodyfat% with a modest amount of muscle gain was 39 pounds over what my goal weight was when I started MFP!!! I am realizing that I may never reach the number at the end of my weight loss ticker and I'm feeling okay with that! Also, the other part of this calculator that I thought was interesting is that it estimated how long it will take me to reach my goal based on how much weight I lost per week - I put in .5lbs/week. It was just a huge reminder of how long this process is going to be! When I started MFP I thought I'd have all this weight off in a year. Ha! I need to at least double that as far as getting close to where I want to be. It's hard to be patient. I keep reminding myself that I've lost this weight at a much quicker pace before and look where that got me -nowhere!

Anyways, hope everyone is having a great weekend!
  • s50s
    s50s Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • rosied915
    rosied915 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    Mornin' everyone~:flowerforyou:

Leaving for my annual Girl's Trip so perhaps this week (week 6 of Cut) will be my "diet break" week:laugh:

As a group we are all pretty health concious but we will be in Vermont with all that fantastic organic food and, well, ya know.....:tongue:

All of you have a wonderful week~ if the beautiful weather here in NJ this morning is any indication of the kind of week it'll be~ it should be glorious!

See ya next week!!

Rosie:heart:
  • Raynn1
    Options
    Have a great time Rosie!!

AFM - the scale is moving slowly down from all the water weight over my weekend. I was planning to take my inches today since its my rest week is over, but there is no point. The first few measurements I took were all up:sad: :cry:
    So water is still at play in my body.. sigh, which sucks, because I go back to lifting tomorrow and therefore more water retention, which starts the cycle all over again.. Im beginning to think I will never get a good reading of where I am actually at..

Im about to wrap up week 3 using my fitbit and getting a better idea of my TDEE. So far it appears to be about what the online calculators were giving me, which is reassuring in one sense, that I am eating about where I should be. But at the same time its a bit frustrating since it means that its likely the amount of cals consumed is not the reason why the weight isnt budging. Not sure though. Ill see hwat this weeks report gives me since it was a rest week and go from there..

Crystal, I tried that site you linked and its pretty neat. It says that for a 29% BF (im being realistic for myself right now) it will take me about 14 months to drop about 50 pounds of excess fat (at one pound a week), and that my weight would be around 183. Id happily be 183 pounds, if I could ever get the weight to start moving down.
    Ill admit, its still a daily struggle not to want to slash calories again. Its even harder when I added weight training into the mix, and nothing has happened there either. I can lift pretty good and Ive gotten stronger, but no inches and no scale changes makes it hard to believe its the right thing to do, you know?

Stupid I know. I know Im doing the right thing, and I need weight training involved, especially since I am about 50% fat according to the Military BF calculators (sigh).. but with that amoutn of body fat, I need to start seeing it vanish too... and its not..

Bah.. whiny post, I know.. I seem to be doing that a lot lately..
  • jyska
    jyska Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    Hey Raynn - Don't give up on the measurements after a few because they are up! Measure them all and see what your body is up to! Kiki just posted my journey update and you can see why I say that if you go check it out. Hang in there. :flowerforyou:

http://eatmore2weighless.com/update-the-long-haul-nicole/
  • SweatpantsRebellion
    Options
    Dr.'s office called. I will be getting a thyroid med increase. Woot! I'm not usually excited about medication, but it's a different story when it comes to my thyroid. After having a period of feeling normal for several months, I was able to recognize the signs that my thyroid function was plummeting. I'm just happy to know that not getting out of bed, feeling like lead, being lethargic - there's been a reason for it and I'm not just a bum! I'm hoping the meds kick in quickly. My half marathon is in two weeks. I think my training was derailed enough that running the entire amount is not going to happen, but I will do what I can. Dr. also wants me to start taking a form of iron (ferrous glyconate). Also, he's doing some hormone testing because of my hypoglycemic episodes. More bloodwork - hurray! But I think I'll really start to feel better soon. Past experience has found that I feel terrific within a week or two of a medication adjustment.
  • littlepinkhearts
    littlepinkhearts Posts: 1,055 Member
    Options
    sweatpantsreb....sooooo glad to hear you got things figured out and that you're on your way again!!!:drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • Raynn1
    Options
    Hey Raynn - Don't give up on the measurements after a few because they are up! Measure them all and see what your body is up to! Kiki just posted my journey update and you can see why I say that if you go check it out. Hang in there. :flowerforyou:

http://eatmore2weighless.com/update-the-long-haul-nicole/

Lo, I saw the update on my FB feed and had a read. You can definitely see some change in your side by side pics!
    Im going to retake measurements tomorrow and see what they are. Im also waiting for this weeks fitbit average to hit my emial so I can see what it is showing as my TDEE.. Im thinking I might have to increase my cals up a little bit.. which im honestly a little scared to do.. You would think after all of the months Ive been on the journey and knowing you need to go up before you can go down, I would be elated to be able to increase cals by 100.:)...
    Ill report back on that tomorrow
  • TripleJ3
    Options
    Sweatpants, you might be surprised with your running. In the summer I stopped running about 3-4wks before my run. I actually ran better and much more than I thought I would. I ran better than while I was training.

The excitement and adrenalin help but I will remember that next run coming up to maybe take a good week or two break before the actual day.

Of course, its in the end of October and I haven't even been doing my HIIT lately.....but its only a 5k, I am positive I can physically run the whole thing and its just for fun anyway so I am not too worried! :wink:
  • Raynn1
    Options
    Well the scale is going down, but I am still not back to where I was almost 6 weeks ago now. Basically up and down with the same 2 pounds.
    I took measurements and they are below. My first recorded measurements were done in April, probably about the time I began EMTWL and here are the changes..

Waist (at navel) up .3 inches
    Natural waist - (from August) down 1 inch
    Hips - up 2 inches
    Thighs - down 1 inch
    Arms - down .5 inch
    Chest - up .5 inch
    Forearm - 0 change
    Calf - (from May) down 1 inch

Difference is a total of down .7 inches overall, so virtually zero change. I am happy to see the natural waist down 1 inch since August, but unfortunately because my weight, and hip measurements are up I have actually GAINED 1% BF. So that doesnt exactly make me feel great considering I have been lifting heavy for the past 4-5 months.
    Yeah, not exactly the direction things are supposed to be going in..Sigh
  • Raynn1
    Options
    I posted the above, and then sat and reflected back on my last 6 months. Since some of you arent on my friends list (why arent you??:)) I posted this in my newsfeed, so I thought I would share it here..

Took measurements today.. and while I am happy with a few of them going down, overall since April, I have only lost .7 inches. To top it off because my hips and my weight have gone up slightly, there is a 1%BF INCREASE. Definitely not the direction that is supposed to go. Im frustrated, upset, angry, pissed off, you name it, that I am almost 6 months into this journey and I am at a standstill with the scale and my measurements. HOWEVER, I will focus on the positives right now to remind me that even though things arent changing like I had hoped and anticipated, I do have changes. I started running in January with the C25K program. I ran my first 5k in April, and I ran my first 10k in August. I have one more 10k in two weeks. Even at 240ish pounds, I have proven I can run. I started lifting in May. Something I never really considered or had a drive to do. Now I enjoy it and I like seeing the weights get heavier. I am eating about 1000 MORE calories now than I did at the beginning of my journey. So even though the numbers arent reflecting change yet, I am NOT STARVING myself to at least maintain my weight. I will NEVER eat VLC again. There is no reason to ever eat less than my BMR again. So yes, its an incredibly frustrating and upsetting journey for me overall, but I would rather be here than where I was 6 months ago, eating so very little, being so very tired and still frustrated that the scale hasnt budged. (At least here I can eat more and wallow in pity:)) I will not give up. And I am hopeful that things will change and trend downwards for me soon. It has to, right?
  • jyska
    jyska Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    I posted the above, and then sat and reflected back on my last 6 months. Since some of you arent on my friends list (why arent you??:)) I posted this in my newsfeed, so I thought I would share it here..

Took measurements today.. and while I am happy with a few of them going down, overall since April, I have only lost .7 inches. To top it off because my hips and my weight have gone up slightly, there is a 1%BF INCREASE. Definitely not the direction that is supposed to go. Im frustrated, upset, angry, pissed off, you name it, that I am almost 6 months into this journey and I am at a standstill with the scale and my measurements. HOWEVER, I will focus on the positives right now to remind me that even though things arent changing like I had hoped and anticipated, I do have changes. I started running in January with the C25K program. I ran my first 5k in April, and I ran my first 10k in August. I have one more 10k in two weeks. Even at 240ish pounds, I have proven I can run. I started lifting in May. Something I never really considered or had a drive to do. Now I enjoy it and I like seeing the weights get heavier. I am eating about 1000 MORE calories now than I did at the beginning of my journey. So even though the numbers arent reflecting change yet, I am NOT STARVING myself to at least maintain my weight. I will NEVER eat VLC again. There is no reason to ever eat less than my BMR again. So yes, its an incredibly frustrating and upsetting journey for me overall, but I would rather be here than where I was 6 months ago, eating so very little, being so very tired and still frustrated that the scale hasnt budged. (At least here I can eat more and wallow in pity:)) I will not give up. And I am hopeful that things will change and trend downwards for me soon. It has to, right?

Are you using the online BF calculators? I stopped looking at the BF% stuff online and I only use my calipers now. I think those online calcs for BF% are too flaky...I get weird readings every time that don't make sense. The online calcs told me I'd gained a LOT of BF this last time, but my calipers showed it going down.

I'm glad to see that changes are happening though and I really hope you find that little something that just clicks in all of this.
  • Raynn1
    Options
    Military calculator is the one I have been using. They say its the "most accurate" of the online ones.. I dont have access to calipers or any fancy machine to do it...

I spent the better part of the morning having a love/hate relationship with my results today and while it sounds like Im ok with things, Im really not. I love that I can eat more and I love that Im feeling better and healthier and such, but at 240ish pounds, Im NOT ok with a gain in BF% and Im NOT ok with no change on the scale. Ive worked really hard for everything I have done in the past 6 months, and it damn near kills me that Im still in the same position I was before, only eating more.

However, I have been wearing a Fitbit for the past 3 weeks and I just ran a calorie burn over the 21 days, and found out that my TDEE from this is about 130 calories LOWER than the online calculators have given me (2865 on scooby, compared to 2730 from the fitbit). So this translates instead of a cut of 15% taking me to 2440 from the online calculator, I should be at 2321. so thats a difference of 120 cals..
    At 2440 Daily cals, my Cut was barely 10%.

Now I cant say 100% this is the reason why the scale isnt budging, but it has given me pause and I am going to adjust my cals to reflect it.
    I have been working on cleaning up my diet more, getting rid of the junk, concentrating on keeping the carbs down and protein up. So I have hope that doing these small changes might start to show some results for me.

I guess we'll see in another 6 weeks
  • s50s
    s50s Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Military calculator is the one I have been using. They say its the "most accurate" of the online ones.. I dont have access to calipers or any fancy machine to do it...

I spent the better part of the morning having a love/hate relationship with my results today and while it sounds like Im ok with things, Im really not. I love that I can eat more and I love that Im feeling better and healthier and such, but at 240ish pounds, Im NOT ok with a gain in BF% and Im NOT ok with no change on the scale. Ive worked really hard for everything I have done in the past 6 months, and it damn near kills me that Im still in the same position I was before, only eating more.

However, I have been wearing a Fitbit for the past 3 weeks and I just ran a calorie burn over the 21 days, and found out that my TDEE from this is about 130 calories LOWER than the online calculators have given me (2865 on scooby, compared to 2730 from the fitbit). So this translates instead of a cut of 15% taking me to 2440 from the online calculator, I should be at 2321. so thats a difference of 120 cals..
    At 2440 Daily cals, my Cut was barely 10%.

Now I cant say 100% this is the reason why the scale isnt budging, but it has given me pause and I am going to adjust my cals to reflect it.
    I have been working on cleaning up my diet more, getting rid of the junk, concentrating on keeping the carbs down and protein up. So I have hope that doing these small changes might start to show some results for me.

I guess we'll see in another 6 weeks

I think it is awesome and amazing that you have said " I quit" You should be patting yourself on the back for that!!! I am impressed!!