X-mas Challenge

Options
charm_quark
charm_quark Posts: 316 Member
Hello everyone!

I needed some support, cause I kinda fell of the wagon the last months and need to get back on.
One of my best MFP friends, suggested to make the new version of last years Christmas Challenge for Hypothyroids...
So here we are...
I made a Spreadsheet, with this link:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AjEvl4AWDR-bdHZyOTFENHJLd0MzZzdzQk1SU3JjN0E

which everyone can use.

You just have to add your username, your current/today weight and your weights everyweek.
The challenge is to lose 8% of our weight until Christmas. Having 13 weeks (exactly) untill New Years Eve, It is about 6/1000 of our weight per week.
This meens that a 200 lbs person, will have a total goal to be 184 lbs by New Years Eve, and a weekly goal for about 1.4 lbs per week maximum.

Hope you log in for the challenge!

Thanks

Replies

• x4mygirlsx
    x4mygirlsx Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Im in of course :P
  • charm_quark
    Options
    just corrected the permissions so you can add your data.
  • tokataro
    tokataro Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I'm in! My original goal was to hit 250 by the end of the year, but I slacked off for at least a couple months, so that doesn't seem very feasible anymore :(
  • vhines5
    vhines5 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I need some extra motivation.

All - please friend me so we can motivate each other!!

Thanks!

Val
  • heygina
    heygina Posts: 78
    Options
    Thanks. Adding myself to this challenge. Friend me everyone! I try to keep my posts real, so I won't be junking up your timelines, but I read yours, and I'd love to give and get motivation :)

Great challenge.
  • heygina
    heygina Posts: 78
    Options
    Ok, so according to the sheet I need to lose 13 lbs by new year's. I'm only down 19 lbs since the beginning of the year. What am I doing wrong? goal cals 1540/ day, but I've been doing less than that usually.

No clue how to drop 1.63 lbs/week from here on out, esp. during holidays. Is this supposed to be a stretch goal?

Suggestions?
  • nunat919
    nunat919 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I'm in!
  • x4mygirlsx
    Options
    Hey gina. worked it out with the weight u put on spreadsheet and u only need to lose just over 1lb a week with my calculations. you need to lose 13lb in 13 weeks.

im planning on eating 1300cals plus my exercise cals too.

losing 8% would be amazing and i hope to achieve it but aslong as i lose something ill be happy
    its gonna be hard but sooooo worth it
    x
  • smcassaro
    smcassaro Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Ok, I'm in! I've been been off the wagon for a while now & want to get back on, but can't find the motivation. I still feel like my attitude is in the wrong place, but maybe doing this will help!
  • Shybea81
    Shybea81 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I'm in! May just be what I need to get back on track.
  • Shybea81
    Shybea81 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    The spreadsheet is awesome! I love a user friendly challenge =0)
  • charm_quark
    Options
    The spreadsheet is awesome! I love a user friendly challenge =0)

:happy: :flowerforyou: :blushing:
    Thank you... I'm now taking some programming courses... make it better... :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • charm_quark
    Options
    And.... HELLO to everyone, and welcome to our challenge!!!!!!!
  • Izzyd1979
    Izzyd1979 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Im in! Let hope the accountability helps where my control has not!
  • TXBelle1174
    TXBelle1174 Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    I'm in too. I needed a challenge and was thinking about setting a goal for myself for Xmas. Thanks for posting this.
  • SLE0803
    SLE0803 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I am reluctantly in.

I am reluctant because I don't think the goal is attainable for me. I have been here for ~8 weeks and have lost a little less than 8 lbs, which puts me at about 1lb a weeks. With this goal it has me at ~1.5lbs a week. I think my body hates me....LOL
  • charm_quark
    Options
    The goal can be change, even for a single person.
    But, please don't make me set different goals for each one! Hahaha...!!!
    We can reduce it to 1lbs/week but this is not fair because as we know
    Everything has to do with starting weight. For a 200lbs person it will be 0.5% of their weight, but for a 100lbs member this is a 1% of weight. This is why we need a percent. And I think that a weekly goal at 0.65% of our weight is acceptable. Any suggestions is welcome! I can still change the spreadsheet.
  • x4mygirlsx
    Options
    Right so should we keep it 8% now but revise the goal after a few weeks and if the majority are struggling drop it to losing 6% by new years.

or drop it to 6% now??

I think id prefer to drop it to 6% now so that the goal is more attainable for everyone, but people can still push to lose more and we can have a biggest loser each week or something. really want this challenge to be motivating and rewarding.

what does everyone else think?

Lisa x
  • kelly81082
    kelly81082 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Count me in too!
  • charm_quark
    Options
    I'm ok with that. I read some articles that suggests 0.3-0.5% of weight loss per week is very healthy. That is translated between 5 to 6.5% for 13 weeks.
    So if you agree I could re-set our total goal to 6% of our starting weight and weekly goals to about 0.46%.
    This means that a member of 200 lbs will have a goal of losing 0.92 lbs per week (or else 12 lbs until New Years Eve).

Also as a friend of mine says... "baby steps... drive to permanently loss!"