how much weight have you gained

Options

Replies

• Amanda421
    Amanda421 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    "Hello ladies,

I am on the home-stretch at 36 weeks. Agree with all that weight gain is not linear. Have spurts that are better and worse. With both this pregnancy, and my last, I packed on the most weight during month 5 (6-7 lbs) because I was so darn hungry. I am starting to slow things down now. I also realize how close I am to having to LOSE that extra weight. So today I had my last donut of the pregnancy (running total: 5. Number in the last 3 years: those same 5!). I also have decided to part ways with ice cream (had two great pints over the last month). My total weight gain is 23lbs, and am really trying to stick to 25lbs total, but it's going to be close! Highly depends on when D-day actually comes!

Am thinking if there are any other fattening foods I want to have between now and then, because after D-day, I'm going off sweets. What about you???"

I am right here with you. Actually 36 weeks today. I had stayed pretty close to my goal until ab 3 weeks ago and something snapped. I went off the deep end and now I am up 30 pounds and still have a month to go. (30 or less was my goal). So I have had to write off sweets. Started Tuesday. I am already struggling. But like you said- knowing I am so close to having to start losing it- is motivating. I have stayed off the scale bc it is so depressing. I will prob weigh friday just to see.
  • Amanda421
    Options
    oops meant to quote giggee
  • Amanda421
    Options
    36 weeks- 32 pounds gained
  • snowgrrl83
    snowgrrl83 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    36 weeks- 32 pounds gained

Way to go! you are almost there!! :)
  • cmaxmor
    cmaxmor Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    33 weeks- 13 pounds gained. I look and feel like a swallowed a soccer ball.
  • RBXChas
    RBXChas Posts: 2,708 Member
    Options

That is pretty fantastic! I would be thrilled if I had only gained 13 pounds at that point and only really had a belly. I envy those women who don't even look pregnant until you see their bellies!
  • Jenny_Rose77
    Jenny_Rose77 Posts: 418 Member
    Options

That is pretty fantastic! I would be thrilled if I had only gained 13 pounds at that point and only really had a belly. I envy those women who don't even look pregnant until you see their bellies!

Seriously! I'm jealous Cmaxmor! I've gained 23 pounds at 29 weeks. So I am definitely going over the goal of only gaining 20-25 pounds. I'm hoping now to keep it more at 30-35. And, holy crap, do I feel every single one of those pounds I gained. My back hates me. I feel like such an old lady.
  • Amanda421
    Options

i love your profile pic but you need to post a picture of your baby belly! i think the "soccer ball" look is so cute :)
  • lilchino4af
    lilchino4af Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    Here's mine by the month.

May (weeks 1-4) +0
    June (weeks 5-8) +0
    July (weeks 9-12) +4.7
    August (weeks 13-17) +4.7
    September (weeks 18-21) +7.4
    October (weeks 22-26) currently +12.7 lbs gained
  • cocolo89
    cocolo89 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    sooooo I am 25.5wks and gained 20lbs! I got "the talk" from my OB today. I told her I don't know what else I can do. SHe just mentioned that some women just gain no matter what but just look closely at my diet. Make sure to eat just whole grains, less starchy stuff and more greens. No more cookies. LOOL Did some healthy shopping today, I will try to do the best I can. Geesh, I do better with weight gain while on vacation than when at home. LOL. On vacation I was able to lose/maintain my weight and at home I always seem to average 2lbs a week gain. grrr
  • Pepper2185
    Pepper2185 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    40 weeks - 42 pounds - and I'm pretty much all baby bump.

Gained despite following GD diet (NO sugar or treats!) and exercising my whole pregnancy.

Whatever, I'm tall, I'm not worried about it.
  • chickybuns
    chickybuns Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    I've gained 45lbs at 34 weeks, I am pleased that it was only 0.8lbs from last week! I am hoping it is slowing, but i"ve been really hungry lately, so maybe most of it is going to baby! I'm hoping I can keep it under 210, I currently weigh 201!
  • chickybuns
    Options
    sooooo I am 25.5wks and gained 20lbs! I got "the talk" from my OB today. I told her I don't know what else I can do. SHe just mentioned that some women just gain no matter what but just look closely at my diet. Make sure to eat just whole grains, less starchy stuff and more greens. No more cookies. LOOL Did some healthy shopping today, I will try to do the best I can. Geesh, I do better with weight gain while on vacation than when at home. LOL. On vacation I was able to lose/maintain my weight and at home I always seem to average 2lbs a week gain. grrr

I think you're doing great, some people just do gain more. I'm sure cutting back on sweets will help, but personally I love my sweets and am not willing to sacrifice them completely!! I averaged 2lbs per week for the majority of the 2nd and 3rd trimesters thus far.
  • cocolo89
    cocolo89 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options

I think you're doing great, some people just do gain more. I'm sure cutting back on sweets will help, but personally I love my sweets and am not willing to sacrifice them completely!! I averaged 2lbs per week for the majority of the 2nd and 3rd trimesters thus far.

I am having a hard time cutting back on sweets too. LOL... But I have readjusted my diet with more whole foods and it seems to help with making me feel full longer and they are less in calories too. At the end of the day I have fewer calories eaten than before but I know its because of the changes I am making and I am not hungry to eat more. I have also started paying more attention to my carbs and other macros. I try to stay "green" for the most part. We shall see how it helps. The last 2 days the scale moved up yet again 2lbs, but I weighed tonight and it seems promising for tomorrow. LOL.

I gained close to 50lbs with my previous pregnancy and I am not as tall as you, so you are doing better than me! :)) I am 5'5 and at 40wks I weighed 195lbs!
  • meluc
    meluc Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I'm 13 weeks 4 days pregnant and I've gained 7.8 lbs so far. This is my second pregnancy. I gained 28 bs with my first pregnancy. I am hoping to stay healthy and not gain too much as to stay healthy.
  • jamie31
    jamie31 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I've gained 45lbs at 34 weeks, I am pleased that it was only 0.8lbs from last week! I am hoping it is slowing, but i"ve been really hungry lately, so maybe most of it is going to baby! I'm hoping I can keep it under 210, I currently weigh 201!

I am up 39lbs at 29 weeks... I started out alot heavier than you! my starting weight was about 210! lol
  • chickybuns
    Options

I am up 39lbs at 29 weeks... I started out alot heavier than you! my starting weight was about 210! lol

My starting weight was 156, but you are a lot taller than me! We will work it all off in 2013:)
  • jamie31
    jamie31 Posts: 568 Member
    Options

My starting weight was 156, but you are a lot taller than me! We will work it all off in 2013:)

yes we will! i plan to be back to pre pregnancy weight by june, then hopefully lose another 15lbs or more by my birthday at the end of august
  • bluegirl10
    bluegirl10 Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    I am 34 weeks 3 days and up 27 pounds!...Counting down the weeks till the scale startings going down and not up!
  • EricaG86
    Options
    Hello ladies,

I am on the home-stretch at 36 weeks. Agree with all that weight gain is not linear. Have spurts that are better and worse. With both this pregnancy, and my last, I packed on the most weight during month 5 (6-7 lbs) because I was so darn hungry. I am starting to slow things down now. I also realize how close I am to having to LOSE that extra weight. So today I had my last donut of the pregnancy (running total: 5. Number in the last 3 years: those same 5!). I also have decided to part ways with ice cream (had two great pints over the last month). My total weight gain is 23lbs, and am really trying to stick to 25lbs total, but it's going to be close! Highly depends on when D-day actually comes!

Am thinking if there are any other fattening foods I want to have between now and then, because after D-day, I'm going off sweets. What about you???

I am def going off sweets once I have my son. I'm going to work out and take him with me. I am determined to get back to my pre pregnancy wieght and clothes.