Stage 2

Options

Replies

• melissaw1232
    melissaw1232 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    My stage 2 ladies..I was itching..literally itching to workout last night so I jumped into stage 3. I really love it so far. :love:
    Last night was supposed to be a light practice run but i kinda went all in. the Body weight Matrix at the end left me panting! I love it cant wait for you all to join me.

Nthnbut Im praying for a speedy recovery on the surgery for your daughter!!!:heart: Do keep us posted
  • NthnButMoonshine
    NthnButMoonshine Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    My stage 2 ladies..I was itching..literally itching to workout last night so I jumped into stage 3. I really love it so far. :love:
    Last night was supposed to be a light practice run but i kinda went all in. the Body weight Matrix at the end left me panting! I love it cant wait for you all to join me.

Nthnbut Im praying for a speedy recovery on the surgery for your daughter!!!:heart: Do keep us posted

Well, Stage 2 is in the books! When the kids go down for a rest Ill post my start/end weights. Too loud and crazy with them up to think numbers!

Melissa, Ill be hot on your heels next week if all goes well. I certainly would appreciate the prayers for my daughter. Thank you so much! :smile:
  • chicbuc
    chicbuc Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Hope she recovers quickly!!
  • NthnButMoonshine
    Options
    Hope she recovers quickly!!

Thanks, Chic! Much appreciated! We finally got our go-call. All set for 7:15 Monday morning.

So my final weights for Stage 2 are as follows... (e) = each hand so 10(e) is 20lbs total.

Workout A
    Front Squat Push Press 45lbs -->55lbs +10lbs
    Static Lunge/Rear Foot Elevated 10lbs(e) -->20lbs(e) +10lbs
    Push Ups - No way to judge with the turtle push ups I was doing.
    Plank 60sec -->60sec
    Cable Horizontal Wood Chop 30lbs -->45lbs +15lbs
    Step Ups 20lbs(e) -->20lbs(e)
    Dumbbell One Point Row 12lbs(e) -->15lbs(e)+3lbs

Workout B
    Wide Grip Deadlift from Box 95lbs -->95lbs
    Bulgarian Split Squat 25lbs -->40lbs +15lbs
    Underhand Grip Lat Pulldown 50lbs -->65lbs +15lbs
    Reverse Lunge/Forward Reach 10lbs(e) --> 15lbs(e) +3lbs
    Dumbbell Prone Cuban Snatch 8lbs(e) --> 8lbs(e)
    Swiss Ball Crunch BW -->BW
    Reverse Crunch BW -->BW
    Lateral Flexsion (on ball) BW -->BW
    Prone Cobra 60sec -->91sec +31sec
  • chicbuc
    Options
    Nice numbers! Congrats on finishing stage 2. I should be joining you in 1 1/2 weeks.
  • kimmae17
    kimmae17 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I am starting stage 2 Monday ! cant wait . the end of stage 1 seemed like it went on forever!
  • NthnButMoonshine
    Options
    I am starting stage 2 Monday ! cant wait . the end of stage 1 seemed like it went on forever!

I had so much fun with the squats and deadlifts I didnt want Stage 1 to end! Best wishes with Stage 2!
  • suelegal
    suelegal Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    I did A1 today. OMG! I couldn't do the front squat push press at all. I'm in a rather compressed space but even so, it was just way awkward!

I couldn't roll the bar up onto my fingers like the book suggests, I really had a hard time coordinating the press up and drive up from the squat.

The other exercises ok, I really only did a quick run through. I'm going to do a real workout tomorrow, after I hear your suggestions.

Thanks ladies!
  • jojojo909090
    jojojo909090 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I did A1 today. OMG! I couldn't do the front squat push press at all. I'm in a rather compressed space but even so, it was just way awkward!

I couldn't roll the bar up onto my fingers like the book suggests, I really had a hard time coordinating the press up and drive up from the squat.

The other exercises ok, I really only did a quick run through. I'm going to do a real workout tomorrow, after I hear your suggestions.

Thanks ladies!

Exactly the same issue for me :(
  • melissaw1232
    Options

Kimmae it did last forever!! It makes stage 2 seem short . Good luck in stage 2 and be very afraid of the front squat push press. lol

Sue I didnt roll the bar onto my figertips I held in a good grip that way when I went to push up there wasnt a lot of strain on my wrist and I already had a good grip. That sucka is hard no matter what tho. Good luck and keep us posted
  • NthnButMoonshine
    Options
    Call me strange, but I really liked the front squat push press. It was such a powerful move. Challenging for sure, but incredibly awesome to conquer and master.

I did like Melissa, I did not roll the bar much. I held it like you would for a front squat, thumbs behind the bar with the rest of your fingers, not wrapping over the front of the bar. My hands were more open and "loose" in the squat portion. As I come up out of the squat and begin to thrust the bar over head I tighten my grip on the bar. Reverse the process on the way down. Certainly no "rolling" though. And the bar was never on my fingertips. Im just not that flexible in the wrists.
  • suelegal
    suelegal Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow, I am going to Fitness Factory around the corner from my home. I need a trainer I think, but I also need more room than I have here at my home. My squat rack, bench and weight area is in the basement and rather cramped. It was fine for regular squats, but there's no maneuvering room now. I'm really hoping this place works out. The guy I spoke to said yes, and he also said they are expanded the power lift area is being expanded to an entire floor!

Wish me luck!
  • chicbuc
    Options
    I think I do it like you, moon and Melissa. I love the front squat push press too! And I get to do them in the morning!
  • NthnButMoonshine
    Options
    Chic, Melissa

My daughter's surgery went well. It was a crazy morning (squirrel in the transformer box had surgery completely stalled until the power company could show up and fix it!), but she is resting quietly now. Thank again for your prayers and concern. :heart:
  • chicbuc
    Options
    Awesome news :)
  • melissaw1232
    Options
    Chic, Melissa

My daughter's surgery went well. It was a crazy morning (squirrel in the transformer box had surgery completely stalled until the power company could show up and fix it!), but she is resting quietly now. Thank again for your prayers and concern. :heart:

Thank God! SO glad that she is ok. I thought about you yesterday but didnt have access to a computer.
  • SteAnnMui
    SteAnnMui Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I'm glad your daughter is doing well!

Yesterday was Canadian Thanksgiving and it was way too busy for me to squeeze a workout in. But I will be finishing Stage 2 this week. I feel like it wasn't long enough though, I really like this stage.
  • elg1982
    elg1982 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I finished stage 2 yesterday. My knees were kind of sore, so I didn't do the HIIT, going to do it tomorrow.

Here are my weights:

Front squat/push press - 40 lb barbell
    Step ups - step + 4 levels, 2 40 lb dumbbells
    Dumbbell one point row - 30 lb dumbbells
    Static lunge, rear foot elevated - 30 lb dumbbells
    Pushups - from bar second notch from floor on Smith machine
    Planking - I'm really bad at this. It used to be part of my warmup, but at the end of a workout when I'm tired, it's brutal!!
    Cable horizontal woodchop - 50 lbs

Wide grip deadlift from box - 70 lb barbell
    Bulgarian split squat - 25 lb plate
    Underhand grip lat pulldown 70 lbs
    Reverse lunge from box - 25 lb dumbbells
    Dumbbell prone Cuban snatch - 15 lb dumbbells
    Prone Cobra 67 seconds

I should probably get on a scale and weigh myself, but I feel great, I can fit into pants I didn't used to be able to, looking in the mirror, I can see some changes. My husband says my arms feel a lot firmer and stronger, and that my back looks great ;)
  • melissaw1232
    Options
    I finished stage 2 yesterday. My knees were kind of sore, so I didn't do the HIIT, going to do it tomorrow.

Here are my weights:

Front squat/push press - 40 lb barbell
    Step ups - step + 4 levels, 2 40 lb dumbbells
    Dumbbell one point row - 30 lb dumbbells
    Static lunge, rear foot elevated - 30 lb dumbbells
    Pushups - from bar second notch from floor on Smith machine
    Planking - I'm really bad at this. It used to be part of my warmup, but at the end of a workout when I'm tired, it's brutal!!
    Cable horizontal woodchop - 50 lbs

Wide grip deadlift from box - 70 lb barbell
    Bulgarian split squat - 25 lb plate
    Underhand grip lat pulldown 70 lbs
    Reverse lunge from box - 25 lb dumbbells
    Dumbbell prone Cuban snatch - 15 lb dumbbells
    Prone Cobra 67 seconds

I should probably get on a scale and weigh myself, but I feel great, I can fit into pants I didn't used to be able to, looking in the mirror, I can see some changes. My husband says my arms feel a lot firmer and stronger, and that my back looks great ;)

Great #'s Elg!!! doesnt it feel good that hubby notices?
  • perfect10isha
    perfect10isha Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I just started stage 2 about a week ago and its good to know I'm not the only one that can't roll the bar to my fingers on the front squat push press. It just hurt my wrists way to much, so I also just hold it with the same grip I use on the push press.

Just curious... anyone else struggling with the deadlift from box? Maybe its my flexibility but I'm really struggling to keep my form and get low enough to wear the plates are below the box. Any Suggestions?? Should I just go back to regular deadlifts, or continue to do them with as light a weight as possible? I'm currently reading Starting Strength so I can really focus on good form and I'm struggling with keeping my hips up, I tend to squat down to get the bar low as opposed to using the back of my body and keeping my hips up. I almost kinda feel like my arms are too short, lol. Luckily I haven't gotten hurt, but I feel like my form is slightly off and I'm *missing* something in regards to understanding how to properly deadlift.