2nd Trimester

Options

Replies

• VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    Hey guys, I was gone for a while and I am back now from vacation. Proud to say I managed to maintain my weight and not gain while vacationing for 10days. For me its a shocker cause I was steadily gaining 1-2lbs a week. Annnnywho, I don't yet trust the scale, I will wait a few days until I stabilize and actual weight appears, lol. I'm 25.5wks now, yippy. Almost 3rd tri. Baby boy is super active. Apparently he loved hawaii cause I had barely any heartburn while I was there and this morning I have terrible heartburn. Go figure.

Good job with managing your intake on vacation :)
  • lilchino4af
    lilchino4af Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    Hey guys, I was gone for a while and I am back now from vacation. Proud to say I managed to maintain my weight and not gain while vacationing for 10days. For me its a shocker cause I was steadily gaining 1-2lbs a week. Annnnywho, I don't yet trust the scale, I will wait a few days until I stabilize and actual weight appears, lol. I'm 25.5wks now, yippy. Almost 3rd tri. Baby boy is super active. Apparently he loved hawaii cause I had barely any heartburn while I was there and this morning I have terrible heartburn. Go figure.
    Congrats on maintaining! :drinker: Doesn't surprise me you didn't gain - when we went to Hawaii during the end of my first tri, I actually lost weight as I was more active than normal with all the walks/hikes/kayaking/snorkeling we did and apparently didn't eat enough to make up for it :laugh:
  • Nerdybookgirl
    Nerdybookgirl Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Hi! I haven't posted in awhile and I need to get back to posting/tracking. On Monday we found out we will be having a little girl. We are naming her Persephone Jane and we'll be calling her Persy Jane. Hope you are all doing well.

Best,

Amanda
  • cocolo89
    cocolo89 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    Congrats on maintaining! :drinker: Doesn't surprise me you didn't gain - when we went to Hawaii during the end of my first tri, I actually lost weight as I was more active than normal with all the walks/hikes/kayaking/snorkeling we did and apparently didn't eat enough to make up for it :laugh:

i agree, we were constantly on the go!! Buuuut I have gained plenty of weight so far, so it really was a good thing I maintained while vacationing. LOL. MY Dr made a comment today on my weight gain. boooo. I am up 20#. I had gained 6-7lbs in the last 4weeks alone!! (all of it before my vacation!! ) LOL I am hoping it slows down. I had fast weight gain with DD at this point as well so I expected it. With her I actually put on like 10-12lbs each month during months 5, 6, and 7!! goodness gracious!
  • cocolo89
    Options
    Hi! I haven't posted in awhile and I need to get back to posting/tracking. On Monday we found out we will be having a little girl. We are naming her Persephone Jane and we'll be calling her Persy Jane. Hope you are all doing well.

Best,

Amanda

Congrats on your girl!!!
  • Aeriel
    Aeriel Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone.....hope you are all doing well. Just posted my 21 week picture <--- and happy with where I am right now. Baby is very active and has woken me up a few times at night already. Starting to count down to being done work, but still 3 months to go, so trying to stay active out here.
  • EmilyRanae22
    EmilyRanae22 Posts: 506 Member
    Options

Best,

Amanda

OMG if we didn't have a girl name picked out I would totally want to steal your name! That is adorable! Congrats! That's so fun!
  • EmilyRanae22
    Options
    I went to post in 1st trimester then realized it was time to bump up to 2nd trimester. I don't know about anyone else but i'm amazed at how quickly it goes!

Hubs and I have a lot of life changes going on this year, right before the baby is born we will be moving across country and right after he/she is born I will be getting out of the Coast Guard so we will be taking a big income drop. Realizing this is all goingt o be happening in the next couple of months and a we are going to be responsible for a little person is terrifying but exciting at the same time. I trust that God has a plan and I know that plan is NOT for me to stay in the Coast Guard so I'm just trusting that he will take care of us.

good luck to everyone!
  • VelociMama
    Options
    I went to post in 1st trimester then realized it was time to bump up to 2nd trimester. I don't know about anyone else but i'm amazed at how quickly it goes!

Second trimester has breezed by, but for me, the first seemed to drag. I think it's because I was so bloated and exhausted all the time. Back to my somewhat normal self made things go much easier.

Welcome to 2nd trimester!
  • cocolo89
    Options

Second trimester has breezed by, but for me, the first seemed to drag. I think it's because I was so bloated and exhausted all the time. Back to my somewhat normal self made things go much easier.

Welcome to 2nd trimester!

I agree, first tri was a drag! lol. I can't believe I will be moving on to the 3rd tri in a couple of weeks!

welcome to the 2nd tri !
  • EmilyRanae22
    Options
    Looks like yet another trip to the ER :( I'm kinda freaking out this time! I started bleeding a little yesterday and didn't worry too much about it because it was brown and there wasn't much of it. There's been bits of bleeding throughout the whole pregnancy and doc has never seemed to concerned as long as I wasn't bleeding through a pad...well, it's getting worse, haven't bled through a pad but it definitely is getting there.....if you're the praying type I sure could use it.
  • FitMama2013
    FitMama2013 Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    Looks like yet another trip to the ER :( I'm kinda freaking out this time! I started bleeding a little yesterday and didn't worry too much about it because it was brown and there wasn't much of it. There's been bits of bleeding throughout the whole pregnancy and doc has never seemed to concerned as long as I wasn't bleeding through a pad...well, it's getting worse, haven't bled through a pad but it definitely is getting there.....if you're the praying type I sure could use it.

Just saw your post - what did they say at the ER? Will definitely be praying for you and your little one!
  • VelociMama
    Options

*hugs*
  • phoebe2488
    phoebe2488 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I just realized I should now be over on this side. :-) I am almost 15 weeks. Things are going well other than my eating isn't great. I have been eating over my goal each day and it's annoying. Thankfully I have lost weight before so I know how to do it once I have the baby. :-)
  • lilchino4af
    lilchino4af Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    Had my 20-week u/s yesterday (finally! I'm only 23w1d), and we're having a girl! They estimated her weight at 1 lb 7 oz and roughly 24w1d, so about 1 week ahead. They got all the pics they needed and we got to see the brain, spine, butt, heart beating, kidney, limbs, face, umbilical cord/placenta, among all the images they took and everything they saw indicated no issues! Hubby's also happy he correctly predicted the gender and later made the comment when watching Thurs night football about how the NFL was celebrating our baby's gender with us, wearing all that pink! :laugh:
  • cakesmooth
    cakesmooth Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Hello! I just transferred from the 1st Tri! I'm 14 w 4 d today and stoked to be here! I'm a nervous loss veteran. I lost stillborn identical twin girls a little over a year ago and had a missed miscarriage in May. We also have a very loving 3 1/2 year old son who screams into my belly "I love you baby" about once an hour. He asks about all the baby's likes and dislikes and even whispers secrets to the baby. I love it! I was excited to receive my first shipment of one size bumgenius cloth diapers last night and tried them on my son's skinny little bum and they fit although my son has been potty trained for well over a year. I can get him to do anything as long as I throw in a "baby wants you to" in my request. Anyhoo, I'm glad to be here!
  • cakesmooth
    cakesmooth Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    And on the fitness front. I was overweight but losing at the start. Lost a few more pounds early in pregnancy and use my lowest weight for my revised starting weight. My goal is to gain 20 pounds max and OB approves. I didn't hit my max for the 1st trimester and my max for the second is 10 pounds. I increased cals again at 14 w and am now at 2050. Yum!
  • EmilyRanae22
    Options
    Thanks to everyone for your prayers. I am on "pelvic rest" and not allowed to do a whole lot more than exist, but so far everything seems to be fine. They heard the babies heartbeat at the ER and at my OB so that is good, I have a ultrasound tomorrow and can't wait to see the little bugger moving around so I can REALLY know everything is OK

Cakes, welcome over to the 2nd trimester. I must have missed your introduction on the 1st trimester page, I will keep you in my prayers that this will be a healthy, full term pregnancy. Your son sounds so adorable!
  • snowgrrl83
    snowgrrl83 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Thanks to everyone for your prayers. I am on "pelvic rest" and not allowed to do a whole lot more than exist, but so far everything seems to be fine. They heard the babies heartbeat at the ER and at my OB so that is good, I have a ultrasound tomorrow and can't wait to see the little bugger moving around so I can REALLY know everything is OK

Cakes, welcome over to the 2nd trimester. I must have missed your introduction on the 1st trimester page, I will keep you in my prayers that this will be a healthy, full term pregnancy. Your son sounds so adorable!

Welcome to the newbies in the 2nd trimester! (Cakesmooth and phoebe)

Emily- I'm so glad to hear that everything seems fine and that you heard your little one's heartbeat at the ER.
    Wishing you the best at your ultrasound tomorrow - let us know how it goes!! Thinking of you!!

As for me, I suppose I should update!
    I'm doing fantastic. I'm having a boy. When I went to my 19 week ultrasound, he measured 9 days smaller than expected.... but they kept my due date to Feb. 6.

I'm now 23 weeks and 5 days. Time flies!
    I've been going to prenatal yoga. I'm looking forward to doing the prenatal/labour courses at the hospital. I think that my weight gain is somewhat under control (I hope I'm not jinxing myself by saying this). I have my glucose blood screening test (for gestational diabetes) in a few weeks and I'm a lil nervous about that.

I keep on getting told by non-experts that I might need a C-section because I have very narrow hips (I'm an apple shaped person). This is making me nervous and it is something that I'd like to discuss with my doc at my next appointment.

Otherwise, I finished painting my little one's room and we bought a crib.

Also, I've received a few gifts already but I should be receiving more as my mother has organised a baby shower (so excited!) for me!! YAY!! I have some surprisingly generous relatives. One of which bought us our stroller/car seat, another who is getting a playpen, my brother bought us the crib and I think my parents are buying the baby rooms furniture (desk/drawer, change table). My MIL got us a baby seat, a humidifier, the crib skirt and fitted mattress sheets and a whole bunch of odds and ends! This is soooo exciting! ...and Christmas isn't even here yet!
  • EmilyRanae22
    Options
    Everything went well at the ultrasound, when I first got there baby wasn't moving at all and I had to keep myself from freaking out, but then he/she did a little hiccup which was comforting. We also got a pic that's head on and it looks like an alien, we say that it dressed up for halloween. :) I'm so glad everything is going well.

'm going to try going for a walk to two soon to see how I end up feeling, if I spend too much time on my feet I get dizzy but I need to get back into working out or at least moving! I'm also gonna talk to my doc about prenatal yoga and pilates videos. Anyone know any good ones? I have resigned myself to not being "allowed" to REALLY work out which is hard for me but it's good to know it's for a good reason!

Snowgrrl, Sounds like things are going great! I am amazed at how generous people are when there's a baby on the way, I keep hearing people say how the ones they least expected got them great/expensive gifts. I hate roadside doctors that think because they had a baby or two they know how it's going to go for you. Definitely talk to your doctor about it. I imagine he would have mentioned something if he thought that you would automatically need a C-section.