Whats on your menu today?

Options

Replies

• wfte
    wfte Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Two egg omlette with courgette, pepper and cheese. Two sausages and mushrooms fried in butter.

A few cheese strings and some pork cracklings.

Parmesan chicken thighs and a salad.(dressed in the butter I cooked the chicken thighs in) :-D
    Never been over keen on olive oil dressings but rapidly loving using melted butter to dress salads. Not too hot mind as don't want to wilt it all!

Plenty of carb leeway today so thought I'd try some turnip and sweet potato fries, topped with cheese as a side to leftover roast pork. Can't say I was a huge fan, which in a way is a good thing I guess.
  • Laura_beau
    Laura_beau Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    Brekkie: Coffee, 2 x hardboiled eggs

Lunch: 2 x thai green marinated chicken breasts. Salad leaves with a little sweetfire beetroot.

Snacks: string cheese. x 2

Dinner: Beef enchilada bake (nice spicy Beef chilli minus the beans, topped with a lovely cream cheese/sour cream/ roasted green chillis, 2 x beaten eggs and topped with shredded mozarella) served with a green salad, dressed in lime juice & chopped coriander (cilantro) and a big dollop of home made guacamole.
  • IamOnMywayNow
    IamOnMywayNow Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Breakfast- Pumpkin MIM with cream cheese on top
    Snack1- 2 slices of bacon
    Lunch- Homemade baked hot wings, raw zucchini with ranch dressing
    Snack2- sugar free jello with whipped cream on top
    Dinner- Chuck eye steak with lemon butter asparagus
  • Laura_beau
    Options
    Making my favourite cauliflower cheese soup tonight with crispy bacon 'croutons' :smile:
  • Flowers4Julia
    Flowers4Julia Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    made a pork roast in the crock pot last night, was ghhooooood!
  • wfte
    wfte Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Just had loaded cauliflower cheese, which is becoming one of my fave dishes.

I boil some cauliflower and halved green beans until tender.
    I add these in a dish with some pan fried chopped bacon and diced chicken breast.
    Cheese sauce I make using cream, mustard powder, cheddar, blue cheese and some flax to help thicken.
    Pour the cheese sauce over the dish and mix to make sure everything's coated.
    Top with some more grated cheddar and place under grill until cheese melts and starts to brown.

Absolutely gorgeous!!
  • LowcarbNY
    LowcarbNY Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    Gida DeLarentis Italian Wedding Soup.
  • FitLifeDiva
    FitLifeDiva Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Great feed. So far I've had a protien shake for breakfast, Atkins bar, and meat loaf and broccoli for lunch.
  • Laura_beau
    Options
    Lunch: Mixed leaf salad with beetroot dressing, roast ham and parmesan shavings.

Dinner: Big rump steak, spiced turnip fries, grille portabello mushroom, watercress salad. Served with a roasted red chilli & cream sauce.

Red wine! x 2 glasses

Snacks: Atkins coconut chocolate bar (I don't usually eat atkins products but my boss bought it for me instead of the regular chocs for the rest of the team).

-spicy polish sausage snack.
  • ruthiejewell
    ruthiejewell Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Hi, I don't eat breakfasts usually. For lunch I had Ardennes pate on 2 slices Ryvita Crackerbread. I usually have protein like smoked salmon, ham, egg mayo, chicken, beef with 1/2 cup mixed peppers and red onions, with a few baby tomatoes.

For dinner this evening I made a flax meal pizza base and as toppings had mozarella, streaky bacon chopped, mushrooms fried in garlic infused oil and butter, Gia tomato and garlic puree, Gia sundried tomato puree, Gia garlic puree, cheddar cheese, caramelised red onion and peppers. For dessert I rinsed, drained, chopped and mixed shirataki noodles with some unsweetened soya milk and 1 sweetener tablet . . mmmm!

Oh btw, lunch was 10g nett carbs and dinner, 11g. I also had 2 celery sticks with some no added sugar peanut butter as a snack and coffees with unsweetened soya milk.
  • Laura_beau
    Options
    Welsh Rarebit topped pork chops!

If you havent heard about welsh rarebit (you guys over the pond!) it's basically grated cheddar cheese, mixed with wholegrain mustard and seasonings (worcestershire sauce, pepper) and smeared and melted on toast. YUM!!

I'm doing this for dinner tonight..... but instead of smearing it on bread it's going on pork chops!
  • SRH7
    SRH7 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    Welsh Rarebit topped pork chops!

If you havent heard about welsh rarebit (you guys over the pond!) it's basically grated cheddar cheese, mixed with wholegrain mustard and seasonings (worcestershire sauce, pepper) and smeared and melted on toast. YUM!!

I'm doing this for dinner tonight..... but instead of smearing it on bread it's going on pork chops!

Yum!

Breakfast: Ham
    Lunch: Bacon and eggs
    Dinner: Roast chicken and courgettes pan-fried with herbs and garlic
    Snack: Piece of cheese

Very low carb today as first day back on the wagon. Will increase my carbs a little in a week or so.
  • Laura_beau
    Options
    Biiiiiiiiig clearout before the new groceries arrive at the weekend so I'm making a hotch potch stew of leftovers. It will be a spanish themed sausage stew with the following:

Chorizo
    Smoked sausage
    Garlic
    stock
    smoked paprika
    Red & Green bell peppers
    mushrooms
    olives

may add a poached egg on top!
  • SRH7
    SRH7 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    * MIM for breakfast - my first one and it wasn't half bad (smeared some coconut oil on for flavour instead of butter)
    * Roast ham and beef slices for lunc
    * Chicken stir fry for dinner (cabbage, water chestnuts, beansprouts, soy, chilli etc etc)
    * Small pot of cottage cheese as a snack (wondering if there are any recipes with cottage cheese - maybe something sweet?)
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    I've been recently exploring non-bacon options and was surprised to find that there are other foods out there. None of which taste as nice but the variety is welcome.

Tuna, salad (I've turned into a spinach fiend), eggs, various varieties of mince, steak, sweet potatoes, heavy cream (in coffee) ... That's pretty much my lot (when I'm not eating bacon).

And ice cream daily.

Improved finances mean that red wine is back on the menu too, woo hoo!

I'm trying to limit the cheese, I swear it doesn't help progress over and above the calories/fat/whatever content.
  • maremare312
    maremare312 Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    I've been recently exploring non-bacon options and was surprised to find that there are other foods out there. None of which taste as nice but the variety is welcome.

haha, love it!

B--Atkins shake (was running errands), Arthritis jello
    L--Cheddar cheese, nuts? Still figuring this out, and getting hungry
    D--Black pepper chicken and caesar salad.
    S--Protein shake, veggies with butter
  • Laura_beau
    Options
    Lunch: Chicken salad with oriental dressing.

Dinner: Pork chop topped with grain mustard, Spicy turnip fries, fennel & apple slaw.

Fennel & Apple slaw: serves 4, 4g net carbs per serving.

2 bulbs of fennel, sliced finely
    1 tsp toasted caraway seeds
    2 tbsp full fat mayo
    1 small apple, grated.
    black pepper

yummmmmmmm!
  • maremare312
    Options
    B--Arthritis jello, pork sausage, cottage cheese, smoked string cheese
    L--Pad thai with spaghetti squash instead of noodles
    D--Homemade Beef jerky
    Snacks--Root Beer "Float" (can of diet root beer + 2 T half and half), walnuts
  • Laura_beau
    Options
    B--Arthritis jello, pork sausage, cottage cheese, smoked string cheese
    L--Pad thai with spaghetti squash instead of noodles
    D--Homemade Beef jerky
    Snacks--Root Beer "Float" (can of diet root beer + 2 T half and half), walnuts

Athritis Jello??????
  • maremare312
    Options
    Athritis Jello??????

ha, it's this joint concoction a few of my friends make that is supposed to help your joints. I have Rheumatoid Arthritis and am giving it a whirl. Basically jello made with grape juice, Knox gelatine and liquid Pectin. I'm going to give it a month to see if I can see any improvement.

B--Arthritis jello, homemade sf beef jerky
    L--Spaghetti squash with homemade meatballs and jarred sauce
    D--maybe skip, had "lunch" meal at 6 pm
    Snacks-- sf beef jerky, Diet Root Beer "Float", cucumbers