10/1 start

Options

Replies

• HeatherMN
    HeatherMN Posts: 3,821 Member
    Options
    Not feeling well today. Decided to push through workout 3 anyway. I think I might have died.

Hope you feel better soon!
  • nswars
    nswars Posts: 2
    Options
    Good Morning ladies

I also started the program on 10/01. Today was Workout 3 and like some of you I thought I was going to die. She wasted no time throwing in new stuff. It was definatly a great workout and my heartrate was up the entire time unlike workouts 1 and 2. I am scared to see what tomorrows workout holds. Have a great day :)
  • katellanova
    katellanova Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Not feeling well today. Decided to push through workout 3 anyway. I think I might have died.

Hope you feel better soon!

Thank you :)
  • katellanova
    Options
    Maybe I am just crabby today, but I didn't like how Jillian made it seem like losing 1 to 2 pounds per week wasn't good enough.
  • ktno1
    ktno1 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Maybe I am just crabby today, but I didn't like how Jillian made it seem like losing 1 to 2 pounds per week wasn't good enough.

My thoughts exactly. Especially while I'm half killing myself trying to do her dumb yoga poses and she's telling me I'm not trying hard enough!
  • HeatherMN
    Options
    Do what I do and flip her off. :laugh:

Today was W2 for me and the first two times I did it, it felt really long. Today, it felt like it went by really fast. That's a good thing!

I just hope my calorie burn is higher on upcoming workouts!
  • KMJ1686
    KMJ1686 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Started week 2 yesterday--some of the moves were a little easier...I really mean some :laugh: It's still a struggle, but it's only the beginning of week 2. I actually looked forward to working out yesterday after coming off a 3 day weekend camping trip. Weighed in yesterday and lost 3lbs--hoping what I ate over the weekend doesn't catch up to me though :laugh: Hope everyone has a great week! :smile:
  • cherryrobot
    cherryrobot Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    OK work out 3 was on last night in Delaware!!

Loved
    -Motivation "Just try it once" --I did and I could do a lot of the things!! I was shocked I could do the hardest level crunch at the end
    -New moves to mix it up
    -Combo moves more reminiscent of 30 day shred (what made me fall in love w her workouts in the first place)

I need to work on
    -Making sure I'm doing the yoga poses correctly- I know at some points I'm thinking "just don't fall over" and not worrying about form that much
    -Not stopping for a few seconds during the work out... it's only 30 minutes she is right!!

Don't like
    -Ditto on the 2 pounds a week comment... come on Jill!
    -I work out on carpet and it' not that comfortable to do all the things on the floor
    -Standing to plank to standing- I hurt my knee a while back and I hate moves like that
  • HeatherMN
    Options
    cherryrobot: I do half of my workouts on carpet at my fiance's house and the other half on linoleum floor at my house. There are definitely moves that are better on each (carpet is easier on the knees and linoleum is better on the hands). I've found that wearing thin weight lifting gloves protected my hands and to be easier on my knees (aka carpet burn), I always wear capris that cover my knees. Just a tip I thought I'd share!
  • cherryrobot
    Options
    cherryrobot: I do half of my workouts on carpet at my fiance's house and the other half on linoleum floor at my house. There are definitely moves that are better on each (carpet is easier on the knees and linoleum is better on the hands). I've found that wearing thin weight lifting gloves protected my hands and to be easier on my knees (aka carpet burn), I always wear capris that cover my knees. Just a tip I thought I'd share!

Good Idea! My BF has hardwood floors and I may have to do a workout there this week... I was thinking of bringing my yoga mat for that... but yeah I am trying to avoid rug burn lol
  • HeatherMN
    Options

Good Idea! My BF has hardwood floors and I may have to do a workout there this week... I was thinking of bringing my yoga mat for that... but yeah I am trying to avoid rug burn lol

I always use my yoga mat on the linoleum. You may also want to have a towel handy for extra padding on the knees when working on the hard floors if moves require kneeling.
  • KMJ1686
    KMJ1686 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I just bought a yoga mat yesterday due to the carpet issue...especially on my hands. I found the mat helped out a lot with yesterdays workout!
  • katellanova
    Options
    Workout 4.. Mimi literally made me LOL.. annnnd gggooodd moorning.
  • HeatherMN
    Options
    Good morning! Did Cardio 1 today and I kind of like it. It's short and burns almost as many calories as W1 and W2. Not too shabby.
  • missmidge84
    missmidge84 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,
    I'm fairly new to MFP so thought I'd join in this discussion now that I found it! I'm in week three right now, just did workout three last night. I really struggle with balance so my tree is awful and I have a hard time with the warrior/plank/standup, but I do what I can without toppling over. I have already lost some inches, so I'm happy with my results so far!
  • cherryrobot
    Options
    Workout 4.. Mimi literally made me LOL.. annnnd gggooodd moorning.

YES!!! That was funny!
  • HeatherMN
    Options
    Completed my last W2 this morning! Burned 48 calories less than when I did it on Monday, so apparently I need more of a challenge!
  • katellanova
    Options
    Slightly off track.. did workout 4 this morning and will be doing 3 later.
  • katellanova
    Options
    Also seeing some movement in the scale. NSV: tried on size 8 dresses and many of them were too big.I never imagined being that size while still in the 160s .
  • HeatherMN
    Options
    I've slacked since Friday, but am planning to get back on track this evening with my first W3.