level 1

Replies

• dawnshot
    dawnshot Posts: 137 Member
    I plan to take 2 rest days/week , on the days that I do yoga for stretching.

dawnshot - I like your term "undertoned" - definitely applies to me as well! I'm almost 55 (in less than 2 weeks) and although I'm only carrying a few extra pounds it really is the toning I'm after in this 30DS challenge! We can do this!

I thought that was you in your profile pic ! That's how I want to look! :) I'm sueing Jillian if I don't after 30 days!
  • juang3
    juang3 Posts: 212 Member
    L1 D5 Complete! I decided to do my shred this morning as opposed to waiting till tonight. Last night my shins were screaming at me, calling me all kinds of foul names!!! So this morning as soon as I got up I started to shin stretches, I find them easier to do while standing so I made breakfast while doing them. Afterwards, I tucked my yummy english muffin in the oven, and did my shred! My shins are sore and they are moaning, but no name calling this morning! I think I will ice them down in a little bit when I eat my breakfast!

As for planning days off, I'm not sure I will plan them. It will be a "see how I feel" type of thing. There are days when I feel like doing absolutly nothing, though they are few and far between, KWIM!?!? I figure if I just let my body tell me when to take time off then that will be the best way for me!
  • Level 1 day 1 complete my 4 yr old said you can do it Mommy she said so.
  • Jhillian
    Jhillian Posts: 185 Member
    Today I'm on Day 3/30 however this morning I felt like a change up so did P90x Cardio, will be doing the shred tonight!! I plan on doing the Shred everyday no days off since its more relaxed for me, but 3x week weights and 2xweek an extra workout (boxing/p90x/walking etc) no exact mostly playing how I feel each day..:) Goodluck everyone!
  • Here's some motivation for you...

I started the Shred along with ripped in 30 last week--I'm doing both on top of my normal workouts, with two days off a week. Anyhow, Thursday was a day off, Friday and Saturday I did both (it was exhausting, but I muddled through it), and Sunday was a day off. I did both again this morning, and when I was getting in the shower, I noticed my belly seemed looser. Curious, I stepped on the scale, and found that I had lost four pounds since my last weigh-in, which was last Thursday.

As hard as it is to do, the results are definitely worth it.
  • LoseSyra
    LoseSyra Posts: 75 Member
    Your neck is not invited to this party. Try focusing on looking straight up at the ceiling. That helped me, I had a sore neck after the first few days of L1. Oh, and take drugs - ibuprofen helps a lot for me with my 30 DS aches and pains, think I'll go get some now.
  • redstilletto
    redstilletto Posts: 16 Member
    Hi I did my 30D shred day 1 today and was scared I wont make it and to my surprise I did it!! Was sweating like mad and now about four hours after the soreness is setting in. I hope it will not be to bad tomorrow. Just need to press through.
  • hayley372
    hayley372 Posts: 13 Member
    I'm about to do day 2 of level 1 today, yesterday was harder than i thought! Woke up this morning and the top of my thighs and front of my shoulders/arms are killing me, felt like jelly all day yesterday! Had a hard time walking my son to school this morning haha but will solider on through, can't wait to see results!
  • Just did Day 1 Level 1 - wow. That was tough. Possibly not helped by doing a load of calis. beforehand, but it hurt! Made it though, and I felt like I might not at one point. So, now I know I *can* do it, I've got to make sure I *do* do it!
  • Ishandra
    Ishandra Posts: 3 Member
    Day 2 - much harder than day one. I have been reintroduced to my core and it is not happy with my neglect.
    I do like being done in 25 minutes though!
  • fat2slim11
    fat2slim11 Posts: 9 Member
    Just finished day 1 of 30DS and my arms and legs feel like jelly. Tomorrow will be day 2 of the C25K program. My goal is the alternate days between the two programs and have 1 day of rest. We will see.:indifferent:
  • layla_luvyah
    layla_luvyah Posts: 107 Member
    This is my second day on level 1.My shoulders were so sore today...but I kind of liked the pain, knowing why I was sore...Anyways it could only get better.
  • juang3
    juang3 Posts: 212 Member
    Your neck is not invited to this party. Try focusing on looking straight up at the ceiling. That helped me, I had a sore neck after the first few days of L1. Oh, and take drugs - ibuprofen helps a lot for me with my 30 DS aches and pains, think I'll go get some now.

Amen on the ibuprofen!!!! And ice on sore shins!!!!
  • pbair
    pbair Posts: 26 Member
    Day 2 down! I was relieved that my muscles felt a bit better after they warmed up. I'm wondering how they'll feel tomorrow though!!
  • slatorade
    slatorade Posts: 12 Member
    Here's some motivation for you...

I started the Shred along with ripped in 30 last week--I'm doing both on top of my normal workouts, with two days off a week. Anyhow, Thursday was a day off, Friday and Saturday I did both (it was exhausting, but I muddled through it), and Sunday was a day off. I did both again this morning, and when I was getting in the shower, I noticed my belly seemed looser. Curious, I stepped on the scale, and found that I had lost four pounds since my last weigh-in, which was last Thursday.

As hard as it is to do, the results are definitely worth it.

WOW! That's very motivating. I am attempting a similar project for myself, except doing Spinning and pilates along with 30DS.
    Thanks!

Good luck to both of us :)
  • leanmeanmom
    leanmeanmom Posts: 9 Member
    Second day of my first ever Level 1, 30ds. Before the workout, I was so sore....well, weak feeling more than sore. My legs and bum felt like they would fall off. Now wouldn't that be a hoot! Anyway, today I knew I had to work out. Looked forward to it, even. Made it through better! YAY. And my youngest daughter (15) even joined in and has gotten on the fitness bandwagon with me.
    AWESOME!
  • zoukeira
    zoukeira Posts: 313 Member
    Day 4 down in spite of the pain, and I'm just a little bit proud of myself.
  • lenartn
    lenartn Posts: 27 Member
    Day 2 of level 1 was definitely harder than day 1. Just gonna keep going. I know it'll pay off!!! So excited to see results in 30 days.
  • Day 2 level 1 completed. Really feeling it in my arms.
  • easybeinggreen
    easybeinggreen Posts: 6 Member
    Day 1 Level 1 done. I'm gonna try to go the whole 30 like I always do. The most days I've done this is 3. lol I'm just in too much pain afterwards.