2nd Trimester

Options

Replies

• Mrshotwing
    Mrshotwing Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I was very emotional in the beginning also. I have always started to show early because my i am short 5'2 and my torso is very short. So there is only one place for baby to go and that is out...

It will get better. i was in line to vote the other day and a lady said oh when is your due date i said March 4th, she replied "oh is it triplets" what!!! I wanted to punch her dead between her eyes! i said well no mam its just one little boy. i think she knew i was voting for Romney! HAHA.
  • lpaloma
    lpaloma Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm a first timer and 14 weeks , and I feel as if I am not showing at all. I'm just THICK. Is this normal??
  • snowgrrl83
    snowgrrl83 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I'm a first timer and 14 weeks , and I feel as if I am not showing at all. I'm just THICK. Is this normal??
    Totally normal.
  • iampanda
    iampanda Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    this week (18) has been super hard for me! I'm feeling emotional and fat, and everything's crazy with my job and man I just want to bang my head on a wall. I was looking at the weights and stuff and so many of you have these beautiful bumps and I feel like I'm just fat. I look in the mirror and a stranger MIGHT think I was pregnant but i think most would not say anything just in case. :( *pout

sorry to be all pouty, I just needed to dump that!

Aw, I am sorry that you feel this way, but I know you are not alone! I am 14 weeks, and though I am showing, its not really a cute bump yet. Mostly just looks like I am carrying extra weight right in my gut. So I have been opting for sweatshirts a lot. Even though this baby was hoped and prayed for, I am not digging the "bump" just yet. Most of the time I just feel kinda lumpy.
  • iampanda
    Options
    Totally normal.

Agreed, totally normal, especially for your first. Around 14 weeks your uterus is just barely starting to poke out above your pelvic bone. So in the beginning its not much of a bump, mostly just a "thickness" around the middle. Don't sweat it though, soon it will turn into a cute little bump! :bigsmile:
  • lilchino4af
    lilchino4af Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    Alrighty all, I'm officially off to the third trimester board - see ya'll over there! :drinker:
  • Nerdybookgirl
    Nerdybookgirl Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Odd problem .... when I was pregnant with my son in 2010 I wanted "lovins" all the time. My husband was actually like "whoa, honey, too much." Now I'm nearly 27 weeks and this entire pregnancy I've been very "hands off." I'm worried, because I know I may be having a c-section again and I'll be exclusively breastfeeding (both of those things impact the love department). Is this normal? Anyone else having this issue? My poor husband.
  • cakesmooth
    cakesmooth Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Hi there everyone- I am coming over from the first trimester group! I am 14 weeks as of yesterday, and totally thrilled to have made it to my second trimester! Quick intro- this is my 5th pregnancy. I have two living children, ages 5 1/2 and 3 1/2, and I have had two miscarriages. Both miscarriages were before 8 weeks. Everything looks great with this baby, and it even measured a bit bigger than expected at my initial ultrasound.
    I am a runner, I love to ride bikes, roller blade, skateboard, hike, and walk. But at my first prenatal appointment, my doctor diagnosed me with a pelvic organ prolapse. So right now, I can only do low-impact exercises that don't jar things around or put pressure on my uterus, etc. It's been a big change, and it has been hard to adjust. Compared to what I was doing before, my new workouts feel really wimpy. My calorie burns are much lower than most peoples, so I think my friends tend to skip over them, not realizing that I have to work really hard just for those "small" numbers.
    I would love to meet other pregnant Moms! I added a few a while ago, but very rarely heard from them. So if you are an encouraging person, I could really use the extra encouragement right now, and I will do my best to encourage you as well! I hope you are all having happy, healthy pregnancies!

Hello! I've had two losses as well and am also a runner! Welcome.

I spotted after a moderately aggressive hour of strength + cario + abs last week. So today I fought my competitive urges and took more breaks and slowed it down. No spotting. I spotted alot after running during my son's pregnancy but the losses have me a bit anxious so slowing it down this time. I also noticed my heart rate has risen again. I monitor my HR during excercise and am really trying to give myself breaks when it starts to get high.

I appreciate the support from all of my fellow moms that are eating poorly again. Anyone know have any great tips for run-away portion sizes and excessive trips to the Halloween bowl? Ugh. I work-out like a well trained horse but eat like a sumo wrestler in training. It's embarassing! My MFP prego friends don't seem to get above 2K or barely and rarely rise above it. Let's just say that I have no problem going above and way beyond my daily goal of 2050. I'm so embarassed I don't even want to post my diary anymore.
  • cakesmooth
    cakesmooth Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Odd problem .... when I was pregnant with my son in 2010 I wanted "lovins" all the time. My husband was actually like "whoa, honey, too much." Now I'm nearly 27 weeks and this entire pregnancy I've been very "hands off." I'm worried, because I know I may be having a c-section again and I'll be exclusively breastfeeding (both of those things impact the love department). Is this normal? Anyone else having this issue? My poor husband.

Hmm, my husband is getting it weekly and is very appreciative. He got it a lot less with my son's pregnancy. I give it up, he gets it over with as quickly as possible so that I can sleep, and everyone is . . . not exactly happy, but after a few losses and a new perspective, well I'll just have to quote Krusty the Clown "It's not just good, it's good enough." My libido didn't return until after I weaned my son at 20 months. I could care less about my husband's needs at that time although we did discuss them often to be sure that we were both treating each other fairly in that department. I would talk to your husband about it. We agreed that every 3rd day was reasonable while I was nursing my son. That took the pressure off of both of us.
  • EmilyRanae22
    EmilyRanae22 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    Hi there everyone- I am coming over from the first trimester group! I am 14 weeks as of yesterday, and totally thrilled to have made it to my second trimester! Quick intro- this is my 5th pregnancy. I have two living children, ages 5 1/2 and 3 1/2, and I have had two miscarriages. Both miscarriages were before 8 weeks. Everything looks great with this baby, and it even measured a bit bigger than expected at my initial ultrasound.
    I am a runner, I love to ride bikes, roller blade, skateboard, hike, and walk. But at my first prenatal appointment, my doctor diagnosed me with a pelvic organ prolapse. So right now, I can only do low-impact exercises that don't jar things around or put pressure on my uterus, etc. It's been a big change, and it has been hard to adjust. Compared to what I was doing before, my new workouts feel really wimpy. My calorie burns are much lower than most peoples, so I think my friends tend to skip over them, not realizing that I have to work really hard just for those "small" numbers.
    I would love to meet other pregnant Moms! I added a few a while ago, but very rarely heard from them. So if you are an encouraging person, I could really use the extra encouragement right now, and I will do my best to encourage you as well! I hope you are all having happy, healthy pregnancies!

I spotted after a moderately aggressive hour of strength + cario + abs last week. So today I fought my competitive urges and took more breaks and slowed it down. No spotting. I spotted alot after running during my son's pregnancy but the losses have me a bit anxious so slowing it down this time. I also noticed my heart rate has risen again. I monitor my HR during excercise and am really trying to give myself breaks when it starts to get high.

I appreciate the support from all of my fellow moms that are eating poorly again. Anyone know have any great tips for run-away portion sizes and excessive trips to the Halloween bowl? Ugh. I work-out like a well trained horse but eat like a sumo wrestler in training. It's embarassing! My MFP prego friends don't seem to get above 2K or barely and rarely rise above it. Let's just say that I have no problem going above and way beyond my daily goal of 2050. I'm so embarassed I don't even want to post my diary anymore.

Try not to stress out about it and feel free to add me. I often go over my calories, sometimes just 100, sometimes 500 or more. I too get embarassed and find that once I'm 500 in the red I tend to not log things anymore. I also have thought of making my diary private, that way I'm tracking things but not getting embarassed. I hadn't been working out due to some complications but things are getting better so I'm working on getting back into working out....it generally consists of walking on the tredmill but I do inclines so I guess that's good :) I am super conpetative especially at the gym so I try to remember to compare myself to myself, I'm doing good for having not worked out for 3 months and before getting pregnant I was running way longer and faster than the girl next to me so I just gotta let my ego relax a little
  • EmilyRanae22
    Options

I feel your pain and don't think that's an "odd problem" at all. I'm the same way! From all the books and stuff I've read increased or decreased sex drive are both variations of normal. I wish I was on the "want it all the time" side but I am not. If I am at all anywhere close to possibly getting in the mood then I try to make sure I put the moves on my husband. Sometimes if I'm totally not in the mood but not completely annoyed by the idea and he wants it I'll do it....for the most part it seems like starting is the problem, (for me anyway) when things get going then I'm a bit more into it. Good luck and just make sure you are open with your husband about where you're at.
  • Aeriel
    Aeriel Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    Just read through and caught up with how everyone is doing. 27 weeks tomorrow, so will be heading over to the 3rd trimester board sometime this week. Seems to vary on if the switch is at 27 or 28 weeks by what I have read.

Everything had been going well, but had a scare last week with minimal bright red bleeding and a severe back ache. Saw the doctor, obstetrician and had an ultrasound all in a 4 hour window, but all was good. They were concerned with placental abruption, but ultrasound was clear. Baby was a little stinker, wouldn't stay still for the measurements, so they finally had me empty my bladder so baby would settle down. Tried for a face shot, but did the same thing as older sister and as soon as imager came close, both forearms covered up the face.

Taking it easy now, as minimal activity gets a stitch going in my right side, just below my liver. Had some Braxton Hicks contractions yesterday, so listening and relaxing!

Hope everything continues to go well for you all and see you over on the 3rd trimester board soon!
  • iampanda
    Options

Totally normal. Hormones do craaaazy things. Try to keep your husband in the loop though, and be honest with your feelings, so he doesn't start to think its a problem with him. Take time for yourself, so you can separate yourself from the "mommy" role and turn on the "sexy lady" role. That's what I have to do. And hang in there. I am sure it will get better :smile:
  • iampanda
    Options

I am sorry, but this made me giggle. I totally know what you mean. I have been A LOT better this time around, but there are times when I am like, " AH! NOM NOM NOM!" And of the very few people I have on my friend's list, only one is pregnant. I know my non-pregnant friends totally don't understand. They often skip over my "accomplishments" completely because they seem small in comparison. And I am sure they've looked at my diary in horror! Kind of a bummer. But hey, I hear you!!! Don't be embarrassed. What helps me is keeping in mind the fact that this is the very first nutrition that my baby gets- What I eat, he/she eats. And I recently read that later in the second trimester the baby can taste what you eat in the amniotic fluid, so they can develop a taste for sweets. I don't know if its true, but it definitely the kick in the prego-bum that I need to give my baby the very best start. I guess the best thing you can do is look past yourself and do what's best for your baby? But don't feel guilty about the occasional indulgence. Sometimes its just necessary! Maybe look for healthy version of your favorite naughty treats. If you go to www.chocolatecoveredkatie.com, you can find healthier versions of delicious stuff- I have tried MANY of her recipes. My favorite are the "fudge babies". They ingredients sound strange to some, but seriously, they are amazing.
  • EmilyRanae22
    Options
    One more week until I get to find out if it's baby D'tagnan or Baby Zulma....we'd really like a boy but I'm really thinking I'm gonna have Zulma my little warrior princess :)
  • moomaq
    moomaq Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hi Girls,.
    I'm just joining Fit fab & Preggers. I was with mfp for a few months lots a little weight and then found out i was pregnant.
    In my 1st trimester i was so ill that i thought to hell with it, if all i can manage to eat is pie... well then pie it is.

So i've made it through the 1st trimester ive had my fill of pie and now the fear of fatty mc fatty have set in, so was delighted to
    find this group to keep me on the straight and narrow.

I've an appointment with the midwives tomorrow, so will get to hear the spuds heartbeat. I have to wait until week 21 for a scann. but will probably pay for one before.

Re:"Lovins" i think i'm wanting it more than he is, but then he might be a bit protective of me, its our first.

x moo
  • RBXChas
    RBXChas Posts: 2,708 Member
    Options
    Hi Girls,.
    I'm just joining Fit fab & Preggers. I was with mfp for a few months lots a little weight and then found out i was pregnant.
    In my 1st trimester i was so ill that i thought to hell with it, if all i can manage to eat is pie... well then pie it is.

So i've made it through the 1st trimester ive had my fill of pie and now the fear of fatty mc fatty have set in, so was delighted to
    find this group to keep me on the straight and narrow.

I've an appointment with the midwives tomorrow, so will get to hear the spuds heartbeat. I have to wait until week 21 for a scann. but will probably pay for one before.

Re:"Lovins" i think i'm wanting it more than he is, but then he might be a bit protective of me, its our first.

x moo

Hey there! Welcome!

I am just joining this group. According to baby2see, as of today I am in the second trimester! (Everything else I read is confusing, and that was so definite that I went with it.)

As for "lovins," I was not into it the first time I was pregnant, and I'm not into it this time, either. Please. Do. Not. Touch. Me. :tongue:
  • Nerdybookgirl
    Nerdybookgirl Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Headed over to the 3rd Trimester group! I'll be 29 weeks on Wednesday!
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    Moved over to third trimester page! EEK!
  • EmilyRanae22
    Options
    Yay for you 2 moving to the 3rd trimester page! We will miss you!

Anyone else having Braxton Hicks contractions? I would say I get them just about everyday.