level 1

167891012»

Replies

• mcavarouse
    mcavarouse Posts: 14 Member
    Level 1 day 4... i think i have decided to move up to the 5lb. weight for days 6-10. hopefully i wont regret it!
  • cklowery36
    cklowery36 Posts: 151 Member
    Skipped yesterday, but did it this morning to make up for day 4. I'll be doing it this evening to complete Day 5. I use lighter weights and I work my way up to 15 to 20 reps for most of the sets. That's how I'm going to keep it up on this level.
  • kiekie
    kiekie Posts: 289 Member
    *KLAXON*

I just broke my 30DS personal best and completed Day 7.

WOO HOO!

Nothing can stop me now. Although that's tempting fate a little bit, isn't it?!

:tongue:

I also stepped up to 5.5lb weights for all apart from the anterior raises. I hate them. I used 3lbs for those but realised it's only the last couple that really get me shaking so I'm going up for those tomorrow too.

Happy workouts everyone.
  • kellymoffat
    kellymoffat Posts: 17 Member
    Finished with Level 1 Day 7. Start Level 2 on Sunday if all stays as planned. Anyone have any pointers?
  • DeniseGdz
    DeniseGdz Posts: 592 Member
    D1 L8 tonight!! Hubby wants to do a few more days of Level 1 before jumping to level 2- any suggestions?
  • shvrngrl
    shvrngrl Posts: 205 Member
    D1 L8 tonight!! Hubby wants to do a few more days of Level 1 before jumping to level 2- any suggestions?

Why does he, does he not feel like its getting too easy. If thats the case I say stick with level 1. If he just comfortable, tell him to suck it up and get going!
  • shvrngrl
    shvrngrl Posts: 205 Member
    Lvl 1 Day 8 completed last night...almost to level 2 and still pretty sore after lvl 1 workouts.
  • kiekie

I'd keep pushing up the levels. It's not about getting to the stage where you feel you're accomplished in the moves, it's about constantly challenging yourself by making it harder. If you get to the point where you think "I got this." then it's time to change it up! Strength workouts should never be easy.

Mixing up the moves you make your body do is a way to really up your progress too. So I think 10 workouts of the exact same routine is enough before you shock it with a new one!

It really is up to you guys and how you feel though. If he really wants to stay on L1 for a few more days, get him to increase his weights. I just increased by 2.5lbs (from 3-5.5s) and I can honestly say I should have done it sooner (although 3s were the only ones I had until yesterday).

If you're not dying at the last couple of reps, it's not challenging your muscles enough. I'm going to try and up them at around day 5 of every level now to make sure I'm still challenged.

Reading this response, it sounds a little harsh but I'm sure you know what I mean. :)
  • Level2 day 6 I took yesterday off. that T.O.M just couldnt make myself do it. So I did it tonight Im glad I did it but I am sweating like a *kitten* in church. cardio is tough
  • kellymoffat
    Finished Day 8 of Level 1! Two more days, two more days....
  • kiekie
    Level 1 Day 8 in the bag.

I really pushed it today and am doing more and more full push ups before crashing to my knees!

I can really see the definition starting in my shoulders. Wish it was my tummy though!
  • kellymoffat
    Completed level 1! Have lost a total of 8 pounds and 8.75 inches. See you in level 2!
  • kiekie
    Completed level 1! Have lost a total of 8 pounds and 8.75 inches. See you in level 2!

Wow, in just level one?! That's amazing!

I gained 4 lbs and then lost 5, so only 1lb down from my starting weight.

Rest and treat day today (and TOM on the way) - it's made me feel terribly bloated and lazy!
  • cklowery36
    cklowery36 Posts: 151 Member
    I'm glad I'm not the only one mentioning TOM here. I did feel like doing it on Days 5 & 7, but because I just gave up on Day 7 the last time, I pushed myself to do Day 8 to prove to myself that I haven't given up. Sure it was 10:45 PM when I did it, but I did it! :drinker: Tonight is Day 9. I'm gonna keep on truckin'.
  • day 7 level 2!!! I'm not weighing again until my t.o.m is over.
  • level 2 day 8
  • krizaten
    krizaten Posts: 32 Member
    I've been throwing in 30 day Shred, Ripped and 30 and Yoga Meltdown, cycling through the 3 videos on the days that I am at home and don't run or make it the yoga studio. Started me 3rd round of 30 Day Shred this morning and feel like I'm ready to move on to Level 2 on 30 Day Shred. I can do all of the advanced moves, except for all of the full body pushups.. I can do about ...6, then go to my knees. My wrist flared up last week so I am nursing it a bit with the pushups....
    Good work! I feel the difference.