I confess- Single Peeps version

Options

Replies

• Jennifer2387
    Jennifer2387 Posts: 957 Member
    Options
    I got laid by a girl I've been oogling over for a year and was too drunk to remember any of it :( last twirly was 4 months ago lol

I confess that I simply adore the fact that you used the word twirly!
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    I have written, talked to managers and filed ADA complaints if the first two things don't resolve the problem. Some places are just stubborn and refuse to fix things even though ADA has been in effect for 22 years. Parking is one of the biggest pains in my butt still today! It shouldn't be, but it is.

It's not going to be perfect and it's a lot better then it was 17 years ago when I got hurt, but there is room for a lot of improvement. It can always be better and I just want people to be more aware. So many people take walking and opening doors for granted. Like when i see someone who can walk fine take an accessible spot and I have to park at the end of the lot so my lift doesn't get blocked or a quadriplegic with limited or no hand function can't open a door. Me parking at the end of the lot is dangerous because being the height of a child people can't see me and they aren't looking for wheelchairs usually when they are backing up. I have had a few close calls in parking lots.

This is what I go through, but I'm sure someone with a visual impairment has difficulties and will agree things are better, but we can always improve it.

My biggest complaint and I didn't give them a few chances was when I was at the House of Blue in Chicago probably for my 6th show there. Never had a problem with them, ALWAYS accommodating, nice staff etc. until they got a new manager. DENIED me access to the floor even though it had a ramp because I was a "liability and a fire hazard" if I went on the floor. Went on the floor the first 5 times I attended shows there. We got into a heated argument (I wanted to deck him) with him saying if I went on the floor he'd have me thrown out!! The band said I could sit on stage and he wouldn't let me up there for the same reasons. I said to his face that I would be filing an ADA Complaint on his when I returned home and I did. Took 5 years, but they settled for $100,000 fine to the city of Chicago and had to do 32 pages of renovations that they had to pay for. From what the attorney general told me was that now where anyone can walk, someone in a wheelchair can go. Now they can employ people with disabilities. I don't get money when I file, but my intention is to never get money, it's to fix it and make it right for everyone. I never every want someone to go through what I did in Chicago and not everyone is going to fight back if they were in a similar situation.

I look at it this way -- when I first got hurt I was so shy and would let anyone walk over me. There were people who were brave and advocated for me when I was too shy to say something about it. Now, we are all working together to advocate not only for those that are too shy to say something, but for all people with disabilities. My boldness later in life is one of the reasons why the Reeve Foundation hired me. :smile:

You are a hero and should be applauded for what you have done and what you will probably do in the future. Congrats on working with the Reeve Foundation.
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options
    I confess that its FRIDAY yay,,, toga shopping today and going out tonight with Mr NG 9unless he cancels on me again)
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    I confess that every time I get my hair cut and colored that I like to go out that night because I don't want to waste a prime hair day. This saturday is that day for me and my friends are all wanting a chill night because one of them is moving that day and the rest want chill nights because of all the things coming up in the next couple weeks. So I am going to have to use all my good hair day just to go to the mall and pick up some accessories for the semi-formal night next thursday.
  • jkandktmom
    jkandktmom Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    My therapist is Denise on Survior and she is kicking butt!

I love her!! Who got booted off last night?

sShe is just as awesome in person. Penner got the boot.
  • 4themoney
    4themoney Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    i confess i just read this thread from page 1. never had any interest before...... good read!
    i confess i am keeping my fingers crossed, and holding my breath, that what i want to have happen tonight, happens tonight. :-)
  • jenbit
    Options
    I confess I have no intention of doing any work at work today ....
  • disneywm76
    disneywm76 Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    i confess i just read this thread from page 1. never had any interest before...... good read!
    i confess i am keeping my fingers crossed, and holding my breath, that what i want to have happen tonight, happens tonight. :-)

Well, good luck!! I confess that I'm bored stiff at work today and I'd rather be just about anywhere than here!
  • afv417
    afv417 Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    My therapist is Denise on Survior and she is kicking butt!

She IS kicking butt! That is SO cool!
  • afv417
    afv417 Posts: 466 Member
    Options

Well, good luck!! I confess that I'm bored stiff at work today and I'd rather be just about anywhere than here!

I confess I am pretending to do work but am BORED and would rather be elsewhere. Where are we going? :)
  • 4themoney
    Options
    i confess that i am crazy turned on right now....... grrrr.....
  • jenbit
    Options

I think its something in the air today. I woke up that way lol
  • 4themoney
    Options
    must be, LOL!!!!!
  • jkandktmom
    jkandktmom Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options

I think its something in the air today. I woke up that way lol

Me too!! I have be sexting bf all morning.
  • grum84
    grum84 Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Did I miss something with all the recent breast photos? Not complaining one bit, I think it is great, just wondering?
  • 4themoney
    Options
    i confess, i feel better now. LOL!!!!! haahahahahahaha
  • jenbit
    Options
    Did I miss something with all the recent breast photos? Not complaining one bit, I think it is great, just wondering?

Boobie friday
  • grum84
    grum84 Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    I confess I am a fan of Boobie Friday
  • Danielle_2013
    Danielle_2013 Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    Yes.. I confess I am somewhat participating in booby/boobie Friday! A shout out to jkandktmom...um..that is a good Friday picture. :smile:
  • 4themoney
    Options
    she is MUCH braver than i :-)
    Yes.. I confess I am somewhat participating in booby/boobie Friday! A shout out to jkandktmom...um..that is a good Friday picture. :smile: