Replies

• WalkingGirl1985
    WalkingGirl1985 Posts: 2,047 Member
    Options
    Dec 4

Suzanne--4
    Binge--0
    Over--0

I feel confident I'll make it to Christmas. From then between New Years, I'm just not sure. I might have it in my head to take a break OTHER then the holiday meals we have every year..which in that regard, is what I expect. Hoping it doesn't go further then that. I am feeling so good on days like this.
  • towens00
    towens00 Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    December 2012:

Terry - 3
    The Binge - 1

Logging days - 4 / 31
  • anorangie
    anorangie Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    T, Dec 4

beatrixia: 4
    The Binge: 0
  • motylekcytrynka
    motylekcytrynka Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    4/12

Natalie: 2
    Binge: 2
  • wilmawm
    wilmawm Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Mo--3
    Binge--1 (12/3)
  • eschorre
    eschorre Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Elizabeth 4
    Binge 0

So I was very proud of myself yesterday. I had opened up a bag of mini marshmallows for my kids and didn't even have one. Things like this can trigger a binge, b/c I will have a handful, then another, then another and then it is all over. I just told myself that I know what they taste like and asked myself if I really wanted some. The answer was no. I put them away and didn't eat off his plate when he was done. Success! Sounds dumb, but that was the first time in a long time I felt in control.
  • Behavior_Modification
    Behavior_Modification Posts: 24,482 Member
    Options
    December 2012

Diane - 2
    The Binge - 2
  • crabbyab90
    crabbyab90 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Me: 4
    Binge: 0

So far I'm surprising myself. I'm going to try to make it to Christmas binge free and hopefully make it to NYE without another binge :)
  • ObtainingBalance
    ObtainingBalance Posts: 1,446 Member
    Options
    Elizabeth 4
    Binge 0

So I was very proud of myself yesterday. I had opened up a bag of mini marshmallows for my kids and didn't even have one. Things like this can trigger a binge, b/c I will have a handful, then another, then another and then it is all over. I just told myself that I know what they taste like and asked myself if I really wanted some. The answer was no. I put them away and didn't eat off his plate when he was done. Success! Sounds dumb, but that was the first time in a long time I felt in control.

Fabulous! You're in charge.
  • ObtainingBalance
    Options

So far I'm surprising myself. I'm going to try to make it to Christmas binge free and hopefully make it to NYE without another binge :)

You can do whatever you set your mind to. It's mind over matter! :)
  • ObtainingBalance
    Options
    December 5th, 2012...

Me: 2

The Binge: 3 (12/1, 12/2, 12/3)

I said before my goal was 28 good days this month... if I can get by without any more binges it will happen (beating my last binge streak record...and 28 days would be the longest I have went in OVER a year!!)

I just can't take that first compulsive bite. That first bite of trigger food when I'm not hungry.

Also, I weighed in yesterday and so far I am still high in weight. So far on this site I have lost 15 lbs and gained back 10...
    BUT, the weigh ins were during the day after meals... usually I weigh first thing in the morning.

Next scheduled weigh in....Friday the 14th - morning. (?) A little over a week. That'd be without the binge bloat, my body would be back to normal. Then I can see if the gain was real weight or some water.

get-up.jpeg
  • misfitswayoflife
    misfitswayoflife Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    binge 4
    me 0
  • greekygirl
    greekygirl Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    As of December 4:

Greeky: 3

So far no binges in December. Unbelieveable. Yesterday I had a few urges but nothing big.

This morning I weighed. Half a pound heavier than Friday. Not a big deal, but of course I started to obsess. And all of a sudden I ws thinking, well I don't have to weigh again till Friday and my mind went right to thinking about eating my binge food today. WTF?!? I'm wondering if weighing is a trigger. Now that I haven't been weighing daily, like I did for so long, it seems I do so much better on the days I don't weigh. And I've definitely noticed a HUGE reduction in negative self-talk and punishing. Does anyone else get triggered by the scale? I never used to think it triggered me but now I'm wondering...

So....after my mind went to thinking about that junk food I kept saying all kinds of affirmations and read my goals again and read a blog that really hits home again and I felt the desire go away. Yay! I really don't want to ruin my progress - I can tell my clothes are fitting better already!

Now my co-worker just told me he got cookies from an instructor for the holidays. UGHHHHH my biggest binge food, the thing I started thinking about at 5am. I'm doing so well and I don't want to ruin it. I keep telling myself that is NOT MY FOOD! It's his, not mine! I didn't receive it as a gift! (thank gawd!)

I CAN and WILL stick to my goals today!! I can, I will, I can, I will!!!!!

Yes, the scale has triggered binges for me. It seems that if I see a weight loss, the binge monster yells at me, "go ahead; you can eat since you've lost weight. You'll lose it again..." That's how the cycle of losing and gaining the same few lbs has occured for me. Instead of weighing everyday or weighing every other day, I now weigh about once about a week and sometimes once every two weeks. The scale has become less of an obsession since I started that.

I know how you feel with food at work. A basket full of sweets (including those damn Milano cookies) was delivered to my dept. I took it to the back of the room right away so I couldn't see it. It's been yelling at me all day, but I don't want it to ruin my score. I'm doing so well so far this month. You and I can both keep the binge at bay!

THIS. Exactly. Weight loss seems to give me permission to binge.

Yes, yes, yes! Exactly!

And I can't believe the difference not weighing as often has made in my obsession with weight and self-esteem and negative self-talk. I feel better and don't hate myself and don't obsess about how I'm going to lose weight all day long. I don't think I'm going to go back to daily weighing, not right now at least.
  • greekygirl
    Options
    Elizabeth 4
    Binge 0

That does NOT sound dumb! Awesome victory! :smile:
  • greekygirl
    Options
    So glad I found this. I had been thinking of binge eating one last day tomorrow. Planned binges are the worst :( I don't even know why. It's not like I'm hungry, but just frustrated with everything and I keep thinking that food will make things better somehow. Obviously it won't and I'll feel even worse after. I really, really hope that I don't give into the urge to binge this month!

Dec 4th

OMG I hate it when I find myself planning binges! I have to admit, we're having a catered lunch tomorrow so I'm trying to save up some calories for that...and then I found myself thinking, well if I'm going to eat pizza, I might as well eat whatever. UMM no, that's tomorrow and I'm not going to think about it now!

Don't say you hope - say you WILL! I find when I say I will do it I am much more successful than saying I hope I do it. We can do whatever we put our minds to! :smile:
  • stephs0214
    stephs0214 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Elizabeth 4
    Binge 0

Way to go! Doesn't if feel awesome when you see the trigger and yet DO NOT have one bite? You can continue this success!
  • greekygirl
    Options
    December 5
    Me - 4
    Binge - 0
    Logged everything every day.

Wow I am so excited and sort of surprised that I have no binge days this month! (I know it's only the 5th, but that's damn good for me!) I so want to keep this up! I feel soooo good, the difference is unbelievable.

I have been HUNGRY the past couple days or so. It's interesting how when I'm not bingeing, I get very hungry. I wonder if I need to raise my calories. I don't want to get too hungry and blow it. I'll keep it in mind.

You all are doing awesome! Let's have another binge-free day!
  • stephs0214
    stephs0214 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    So glad I found this. I had been thinking of binge eating one last day tomorrow. Planned binges are the worst :( I don't even know why. It's not like I'm hungry, but just frustrated with everything and I keep thinking that food will make things better somehow. Obviously it won't and I'll feel even worse after. I really, really hope that I don't give into the urge to binge this month!

Dec 4th

OMG I hate it when I find myself planning binges! I have to admit, we're having a catered lunch tomorrow so I'm trying to save up some calories for that...and then I found myself thinking, well if I'm going to eat pizza, I might as well eat whatever. UMM no, that's tomorrow and I'm not going to think about it now!

Don't say you hope - say you WILL! I find when I say I will do it I am much more successful than saying I hope I do it. We can do whatever we put our minds to! :smile:

Wow, I thought I was the only one who used to have planned binges! I don't do that anymore because I would find that when I planned it for one day, my binges would almost always carry on the next day or day after. Every since I stopped those "planned" binges, the number of my binges (which are hardly ever planned now) have decreased dramatically. Just some insight on my part.....it may help someone.

Ugh, and I hate those catered lunches! It's almost never healthy. We're having a pizza party next Tues at work...........uuuuuuuuggggggggggggghhhhhh really??!! I'm already tell myself I'm only having 2 slices and the rest of the day I will be forcing myself to eat healthy.
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,350 Member
    Options
    December 2012:

Mollie - 2
    The Binge - 2 (1st, 2nd)

Days I did not log it all - 2 (Goal to be no more than 4 days)
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,350 Member
    Options
    Happy Hump Day!:flowerforyou:

I too find it very hard not to binge after a good weigh in. I was not able to read all the post but saw many regarding rewarding self with food for a good weigh in. I try to limit to a meal when I can but urges to binge are certianly there after I lose weight and hence the YO YO because it only takes one binge day for me to ruin a 1 to 2 pound weight loss for sure.

Keep up the good work and thanks for support. Not able to respond but reading the posts for sure and can relate to most. Like the planned binge day! Oh yeah I have had those too. :grumble: