3rd Trimester

Options

Replies

• Mrshotwing
    Mrshotwing Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies just coming over from the 2nd tri board. We are expecting our bundle of joy on march 4th. It is a little boy and his name will be Gavin. This will be our 3rd and final :)
  • cocolo89
    cocolo89 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the final tri! The funnest part. HAHA (not)

SO I had my Ob checkup today and came home depressed. I had gained 4lbs since my last appt 2 weeks ago and my Ob kinda gave me a hard time over it. Boo. I told her I have no idea what else I can do, I exercise 4 days a week and log my food in a food diary every day. Then she told me to cut out breads and pastas and sweets, I have NO IDEA what the heck I am suppose to eat anymore. LOL. SO depressing. I feel like maybe I am the only pregnant woman at my OB office that gains weight and its a big taboo. Lol. Other than that, everything else looks good. Heartbeat is strong, he was moving like crazy. For the past 3 appts my baby's head was 100% down, but today she said she is not sure if his head is down, but she will check it at my next appt. Last thing I need is a breech baby and a c-section. Ugh.
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options

SO I had my Ob checkup today and came home depressed. I had gained 4lbs since my last appt 2 weeks ago and my Ob kinda gave me a hard time over it. Boo. I told her I have no idea what else I can do, I exercise 4 days a week and log my food in a food diary every day. Then she told me to cut out breads and pastas and sweets, I have NO IDEA what the heck I am suppose to eat anymore. LOL. SO depressing. I feel like maybe I am the only pregnant woman at my OB office that gains weight and its a big taboo. Lol. Other than that, everything else looks good. Heartbeat is strong, he was moving like crazy. For the past 3 appts my baby's head was 100% down, but today she said she is not sure if his head is down, but she will check it at my next appt. Last thing I need is a breech baby and a c-section. Ugh.

Tell your doc to can it. You've done an awesome job with managing your weight, and you're doing everything you can. Sometimes you just end up gaining more than you expect, and that's okay as long as you're staying healthy.

Tell her knock it off harassing you about it. Not a big deal. Plus, an extra lb or two can be simple water retention anyway. She should know that.
  • blink1021
    blink1021 Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options

I am on a special diet to try to prevent the baby from gaining too much weight since my son was so big. If you would like I could give you a sample menu of what I am allowed to eat I had only gained 7lbs and now I am down to only gaining 4lbs total. I am never going hungry and in fact sometimes its too much food and I do not get to all of it. Let me know and I can message it over.
  • licha75
    licha75 Posts: 391 Member
    Options

I am on a special diet to try to prevent the baby from gaining too much weight since my son was so big. If you would like I could give you a sample menu of what I am allowed to eat I had only gained 7lbs and now I am down to only gaining 4lbs total. I am never going hungry and in fact sometimes its too much food and I do not get to all of it. Let me know and I can message it over.

I'd love a sample of this special diet. My first son was 9lbs 13oz., the doctor told me I will be having another big boy!! He checked and I don't have gestational diabetes, he said I just make big babies!! It kind of stresses me out because the first one was a really hard labor and they let me rip on both sides. I hope this one goes better.
  • licha75
    licha75 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    A question for all of you. I went to pre-register at the hospital and the nurse was telling me that 94% of people get the epidural now. I was kind of surprised on how high the percentage was. When I had my first son 13 years ago, we didn't even get the choice of having an epidural. I'm a bit worried cause the doctor said this one will probably be bigger than my first son, which was 9lbs 13oz! Plus, the nurse said the epidural has no effects to the baby and makes it a better pregnancy experience. Just wondering if this is true? Did any of you ever tried the epidural and do you recommend it?
  • MrsCarter00
    MrsCarter00 Posts: 502 Member
    Options

I wouldn't worry too much about it girl! And if he is breech, I hope he turns for ya!! :flowerforyou:
  • cocolo89
    Options

Oh yes that would be great cause I need some ideas on how to change up my diet. She said if I continue to gain weight this fast she will order another u/s to check his size.
  • cocolo89
    Options

I wouldn't worry too much about it girl! And if he is breech, I hope he turns for ya!! :flowerforyou:

Lol thanks. I get so stressed out with weight cause its always been a touche' subject for me. Growing up I was always the chubby one in the family :-/ Now when i get lectured about it after I thought I was doing good, it kinda stresses me out. and I just stepped on the scale before dinner and I already weigh MORE than I usually weigh before I go to bed (after dinner and snacks). boohoo... I'm afraid what I will weigh in the morning.
  • Jenny_Rose77
    Jenny_Rose77 Posts: 418 Member
    Options

Lol thanks. I get so stressed out with weight cause its always been a touche' subject for me. Growing up I was always the chubby one in the family :-/ Now when i get lectured about it after I thought I was doing good, it kinda stresses me out. and I just stepped on the scale before dinner and I already weigh MORE than I usually weigh before I go to bed (after dinner and snacks). boohoo... I'm afraid what I will weigh in the morning.

Sorry, I forget your weight gain, exactly, but if I recall, I totally thought you were in the normal range.

I think I've gained more than you (37 pounds at 37 weeks). That's more than normal (although not obscenely so), and my doctor is not concerned at all. (I keep asking her if I should be concerned, and she says it's not far enough outside of the range of normal to have any impact on this pregnancy.)

I mean, I know everyone has her own particular issues that impact how much she should be eating/what she should be gaining, but...I just don't understand why your doctor is getting on you about your weight gain if it is in the normal range. So weird.

I'm sorry. It must be extremely frustrating.
  • blink1021
    blink1021 Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    A question for all of you. I went to pre-register at the hospital and the nurse was telling me that 94% of people get the epidural now. I was kind of surprised on how high the percentage was. When I had my first son 13 years ago, we didn't even get the choice of having an epidural. I'm a bit worried cause the doctor said this one will probably be bigger than my first son, which was 9lbs 13oz! Plus, the nurse said the epidural has no effects to the baby and makes it a better pregnancy experience. Just wondering if this is true? Did any of you ever tried the epidural and do you recommend it?

Epidurals are common and I believe are offered at least for me it was. I had my first one 9 years ago and they asked me and I had one without reserve. Yes in my opinion made my delivery so easy. I had to wait until I was so far dilated and for my blood work to come back but once they gave me mine I slept for 4 hours before they woke me up to push. I never worried about whether I was pushing or not because I felt pressure and the nurse was able to tell me to push by looking at the monitor I was hooked up to. I delivered early in the morning so sleep was great for me I didn't tear but they did have to cut me a little to let him through and I had no pain whatsoever but that didn't mean once it wore off that I didn't feel it, but I take the good with the bad.
  • Mrshotwing
    Mrshotwing Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies i wanted to let you all know that if you are in need of a crib WALMART.COM daily deals has a nice 4 in 1 crib on sale with the mattress fpr $139.00 and only .97 cent shipping! Every crib that is 4 in 1 that I have seen has been at least 400 bucks. i ordered one yesterday. :) It is on there again today so if you are in need of a crib and mattress check it out it is also available in 3 different colors.
  • mellynat
    mellynat Posts: 345 Member
    Options

well first off screw her. she's mean. lol and in a way she's probably just being pushy about the weight cuz in the end you'll be happier if u do gain less. BUT considering u are doing awesome and still exercising& logging ur food I know that frustration of still seeing those numbers go up on the scale. . Just keep doing what ur doing. Don't be depressed you are very very close to the end of the pregnancy so start strong! ! ur doing awesome.
    As for the baby he still has time to go back head down. My sister's baby flipped twice in a week from head down to breech. there are things they can try to put him head down again if necessary. but keep ur hopes up mama!!!
  • VelociMama
    Options
    Hey ladies i wanted to let you all know that if you are in need of a crib WALMART.COM daily deals has a nice 4 in 1 crib on sale with the mattress fpr $139.00 and only .97 cent shipping! Every crib that is 4 in 1 that I have seen has been at least 400 bucks. i ordered one yesterday. :) It is on there again today so if you are in need of a crib and mattress check it out it is also available in 3 different colors.

Good info! Thanks!
  • jamie31
    jamie31 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Just had my 37 week appt. I am 1cm dialted and 50% effaced. The midwife says my pelvic are is wide enough that they think I will not have to be induced before my due date due to the babys size. But she thinks I will deliver naturally before then anyways
  • MrsCarter00
    Options
    Just had my 37 week appt. I am 1cm dialted and 50% effaced. The midwife says my pelvic are is wide enough that they think I will not have to be induced before my due date due to the babys size. But she thinks I will deliver naturally before then anyways

Great news! Get ready mamas! :)
  • Jenny_Rose77
    Jenny_Rose77 Posts: 418 Member
    Options

I am so jealous!! Just had my 37 week appt. two days ago, and I got nothin' goin' on. Sigh. :-)
  • VelociMama
    Options

*fingers crossed for a healthy delivery shortly!*
  • smte
    smte Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Just got home from my last prenatal doc appt. Kind of bittersweet. I have been looking foward to the last appt, but now that it's over, I am kind of sad :( This is my last baby, so I will never have these kind of appst again, will never see my baby on an ultrasound, ect. I can't say that pregnancy is my favorite thing, but in 6 more days, I wont ever experience being pregnant again.

And, to top it off, I had to schedule my 2 wk post partum appt already! Just sad for me.

Very much looking forward to meeting my baby in 6 days, though (12/12/12)!
  • MrsCarter00
    Options
    Just got home from my last prenatal doc appt. Kind of bittersweet. I have been looking foward to the last appt, but now that it's over, I am kind of sad :( This is my last baby, so I will never have these kind of appst again, will never see my baby on an ultrasound, ect. I can't say that pregnancy is my favorite thing, but in 6 more days, I wont ever experience being pregnant again.

And, to top it off, I had to schedule my 2 wk post partum appt already! Just sad for me.

Very much looking forward to meeting my baby in 6 days, though (12/12/12)!

Aww I know what you mean!!! This may or may not be my last but for yesterday to be my last appointment it really hit me that this is all really happening!!!! Heres to enjoying the next 6 days (for both of us :-) )