Here we are again!

Options

Replies

• JillyCornwall
    JillyCornwall Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Count me in I've only managed 20 odd lbs this year so need something to keep me focussed
  • crbf
    crbf Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    accidental post :blushing:
  • crbf
    Options
    I'm ready for the challenge! I've gained so much weight in the past 3 years because of my severe chronic pain (70 pounds), so I'm on board!

I too suffer with chronic pain issues. I need to get a ton of weight off to try and avoid spinal surgery...
    Where is your pain?

Mine is in my head and upper neck. I hope you can avoid the spinal surgery! I'm rooting for you! :flowerforyou:
  • coasting7
    coasting7 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am in! I am about 60 pounds from my first long term goal so this challenge will be great. I have lost 25 pounds so far and have been very strict for the last 2 months so I am going to take the last week of the year off to take care of some of these cravings and start fresh on Dec 31st. :) Look forward to moving downward with all of you!
  • babyworms
    babyworms Posts: 1,304 Member
    Options
    I'm ready for the challenge! I've gained so much weight in the past 3 years because of my severe chronic pain (70 pounds), so I'm on board!

I too suffer with chronic pain issues. I need to get a ton of weight off to try and avoid spinal surgery...
    Where is your pain?

Mine is in my head and upper neck. I hope you can avoid the spinal surgery! I'm rooting for you! :flowerforyou:

You poor thing! I had a headache for a week after a botched epidural this year to try and stop the back pain... The epidural didn't work but I came out of it super glad I don't get headaches. I feel for you! Is it under control now?
  • babyworms
    Options
    I'm in!

I'm from Sth Gippsland Aus. (Farm Country) I have two kids, 5 & 1. My partner and I are both very overweight. I'm in this!!

I will also be doing a 10 day Juice Reboot starting Jan 1st.

YAY another Aussie! I'm from Whyalla in SA (desert/beach!)
    It's nice to see other aussies around!
  • crbf
    Options

Where is your pain?

You poor thing! I had a headache for a week after a botched epidural this year to try and stop the back pain... The epidural didn't work but I came out of it super glad I don't get headaches. I feel for you! Is it under control now?

I'm sorry the epidural didn't help, but hopefully you'll be able to find something, whether a medical procedure or fun activity, that will help manage and/or reduce the pain! Unfortunately I've not come across anything to control it yet. To be honest it's at the worst it's been... But I've found things that help to distract me for awhile.
  • babyworms
    Options

Where is your pain?

I'm sorry the epidural didn't help, but hopefully you'll be able to find something, whether a medical procedure or fun activity, that will help manage and/or reduce the pain! Unfortunately I've not come across anything to control it yet. To be honest it's at the worst it's been... But I've found things that help to distract me for awhile.

Thanks :smile: I've been able to decrease the pain through a lot of walking and losing weight, so fingers crossed it keeps getting better! I hope they find something for your head!

Have you tried things like acupuncture? I've heard people say that's helped?
  • Onaughmae
    Onaughmae Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    I am Pam and I am all in! I still need to lose about 75 pounds to get me to my goal so this is awesome for me! I am hoping to be at goal by the end of next year. I can really use the extra motivation to keep me going in the right direction with eating and exercise. I am a nurse and I am also in grad school right now and I have a tendency to skip the gym or exercise because I think I dont have time. Well..I need to make the time :)

Looking forward to watching everyone's success and please feel free to add me :smile:
  • prettygirl10308
    prettygirl10308 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Sounds good to me I can lose 52 pounds :smile:
  • crbf
    Options

Where is your pain?

Thanks :smile: I've been able to decrease the pain through a lot of walking and losing weight, so fingers crossed it keeps getting better! I hope they find something for your head!

Have you tried things like acupuncture? I've heard people say that's helped?

Thank you :smile: I have tried acupuncture. I had been doing it for a few months, but grew tired of having needles in me (yuck!) with no result.
  • fungirl2012
    Options
    Awesome, this is what I need! I have at least 80lbs to lose!
  • dublythe
    dublythe Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Let's see how this goes. 52 pounds in a year would be quite an accomplishment, but sounds doable at a pound a week.

My name is Margot. I have two toddlers at home and work full time outside the home as a software engineer. Between the kids and my sedentary job, it's been hard to work exercise into my routine. But I'm determined and I know it will help my weight loss. :)

In 2012 I've lost 26 pounds. I'd love to see that number doubled in 2013. Thanks for hosting the group, Michelle!
  • CoffeeAndRunningShoes
    Options
    Hi,
    My name is Tak. I am 22 and have 75 -90 lbs to go before my goal. I think that 52 lbs in a year will be a good goal. It is attainable but will require me to keep focused.
  • bjmcq
    bjmcq Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,

What kind of contact do you want to have for this group? Being supportive means interaction.... Do you want to keep this thread and try to make sure everyone stays in contact weekly, twice a week, daily, or ? I belong to another really really active thread, and we all try to stay in touch, read each other's postings, comment, support, laugh. Lately they have created weightloss songs to make everyone laugh at the challenges of Christmas food, exercise goals, etc. Using either O Christmas Tree, or Jingle Bells, or ? forgot the third song...here are the various verses the members have made! Enjoy

O Fitness Pal, My Fitness Pal,
    How steadfast are thy diaries.
    We need our daily entries!

Your member boards are full of fans,
    Full of facts, and diet plans
    You've given us a road map.

Jingle Bells, fitness pals, losing all the way
    o what fun it is to log and see what others say
    Jingle Bells, kettle bells, muscles really pay
    For all the exercise we do each and every day – hey

Jingle Bells, Fitness Pals,
    Losing all the way---,
    Oh, what fun it is to write
    Our food log every day---,
    Losing every day---,
    Drink your water, Janie, dear,
    Have a happy, leaner day--Hooray!
    Sing to the tune of Jingle bells (beginning verse and chorus)...

Oh, I stubbed my toe
    Kettle bells were in my way
    When the rope I jumped
    For keeping fit to stay.
    Get my trainer in the ring
    Sock him with a right
    Left upper cut to the chin
    And he’s out for the night.

Oh jingle bells, this shirt smells
    How much do I weigh???
    Oh what fun to lift those weights to keep those pounds at Baaa-aay!
    Jingle bells, this shirt smells
    I weigh how much you say???
    Oh, nuts! Oh, fudge! Hey that sounds good…no, no that’s—how—you—got—this—way!!

Dashing to the pot,
    Then stepping on the scale,
    Hoping to be down,
    To kiss goodbye the whale!
    When numbers do decrease
    We shout and sing O my!
    What fun it is to finally see
    A normal BMI!

Oh!
    Jiggle Buns, Jiggle Buns
    Jiggle all the way
    Shake the fannies, wave the arms
    Each and every day, hey!
    Jiggle Buns, Jiggle Buns
    Jiggle all the way
    Oh what fun it is to see
    Our fat just melt away!

sing slowly to the tune of We Three Kings...

We Three Pounds of Holiday Pudge
    Gath'ring 'round from all of the fudge
    Holding on to thighs and ab-do-mens
    Now we can barely budge.

Oh--
    Pounds of peanuts, pounds of fat
    Pounds of cookies, this and that
    We'll be brooding and protruding!
    Guide us from thy sweets at last.

We three pounds of holiday pudge,
    Mama's dressing, yeast rolls and fudge,
    Spread the table, hardly able to resist each special treat.
    Oh,---- Here's the eggnog, spiked with rum,
    Christmas cookies, by the ton,
    Cakes and pies and special candies,
    That's why we weigh a ton!
    Edited by barbiecat on Fri 12/21/12 08:55 PM

Hope this all made you smile, perhaps Fuzzie Jelly can start a thread for us to interact, and welcome new members!
  • missabeez
    missabeez Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Awesome songs they really made me smile :)

I've been part of the group all week but didn't post because I was tired and feeling very anti social. I get grumpy lol.

I'm 24 and started again here mid October 2012. I've lost just over 10lbs and have 40-45 to go.

I love bodypump and running. Come spring I'm going to do a tough mudder and a few 10k races.

If you want to know more I've got it in my profile and blog. Feel free to add me. I post daily and try to give you encouragement as often as I can manage.

Oh I'm from Canada as well.

Contact wise, I would love seeing lots of activity. Especially when its going for a year. Even month long challenges I've seen drop off of post frequency.

Merry Christmas to all!!
  • FuzzieJelly
    FuzzieJelly Posts: 848 Member
    Options
    AN ANSWER TO BJMCQ QUESTIONS...........

Good questions!!!
    I have set up each day of the week to post in...beginning Jan 1, 2013. Just post accordingly. I would like for everyone to post every day if possible. Just follow what day of the week we are in. Anyone can post what they want. I have questions for the ones who do not know what they want to say. Hopefully we will be able to keep this as a highly active challenge.

Introductions are in the one labeled "Here we are again". Just keep in mind all the other days will not start till Jan 1.

See you all in the daily postings soon.

Melanie
  • FuzzieJelly
    Options
    Hi everyone,

What kind of contact do you want to have for this group? Being supportive means interaction.... Do you want to keep this thread and try to make sure everyone stays in contact weekly, twice a week, daily, or ? I belong to another really really active thread, and we all try to stay in touch, read each other's postings, comment, support, laugh. Lately they have created weightloss songs to make everyone laugh at the challenges of Christmas food, exercise goals, etc. Using either O Christmas Tree, or Jingle Bells, or ? forgot the third song...here are the various verses the members have made! Enjoy

How steadfast are thy diaries.
    We need our daily entries!

Your member boards are full of fans,
    Full of facts, and diet plans
    You've given us a road map.

Jingle Bells, fitness pals, losing all the way
    o what fun it is to log and see what others say
    Jingle Bells, kettle bells, muscles really pay
    For all the exercise we do each and every day – hey

Losing all the way---,
    Oh, what fun it is to write
    Our food log every day---,
    Losing every day---,
    Drink your water, Janie, dear,
    Have a happy, leaner day--Hooray!
    Sing to the tune of Jingle bells (beginning verse and chorus)...

Oh, I stubbed my toe
    Kettle bells were in my way
    When the rope I jumped
    For keeping fit to stay.
    Get my trainer in the ring
    Sock him with a right
    Left upper cut to the chin
    And he’s out for the night.

Oh jingle bells, this shirt smells
    How much do I weigh???
    Oh what fun to lift those weights to keep those pounds at Baaa-aay!
    Jingle bells, this shirt smells
    I weigh how much you say???
    Oh, nuts! Oh, fudge! Hey that sounds good…no, no that’s—how—you—got—this—way!!

Dashing to the pot,
    Then stepping on the scale,
    Hoping to be down,
    To kiss goodbye the whale!
    When numbers do decrease
    We shout and sing O my!
    What fun it is to finally see
    A normal BMI!

Oh!
    Jiggle Buns, Jiggle Buns
    Jiggle all the way
    Shake the fannies, wave the arms
    Each and every day, hey!
    Jiggle Buns, Jiggle Buns
    Jiggle all the way
    Oh what fun it is to see
    Our fat just melt away!

sing slowly to the tune of We Three Kings...

We Three Pounds of Holiday Pudge
    Gath'ring 'round from all of the fudge
    Holding on to thighs and ab-do-mens
    Now we can barely budge.

Oh--
    Pounds of peanuts, pounds of fat
    Pounds of cookies, this and that
    We'll be brooding and protruding!
    Guide us from thy sweets at last.

We three pounds of holiday pudge,
    Mama's dressing, yeast rolls and fudge,
    Spread the table, hardly able to resist each special treat.
    Oh,---- Here's the eggnog, spiked with rum,
    Christmas cookies, by the ton,
    Cakes and pies and special candies,
    That's why we weigh a ton!
    Edited by barbiecat on Fri 12/21/12 08:55 PM

Hope this all made you smile, perhaps Fuzzie Jelly can start a thread for us to interact, and welcome new members!

I love love love it! Cute song(s)
  • FuzzieJelly
    Options
    I was asked if anyone that doesn't need or want to lose 52 lbs can join...

No one is turned down to participate in this challenge! So invite anyone you want. (even if they only want to lose 5 lbs in 2013) This is about support and encouragement not so much about the amount of weight you want to be at.

Melanie
  • serenapitala
    serenapitala Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I am excited about this group. Feel free to add me as a friend if you want.
    I started the year at 240. I started losing weight in May and now I am at 189.8. Next year I want to make it down to 140. That is kind of my working ultimate goal weight. On the 26th I have my physical and I'm planning on asking my doc where my goal weight actually should be. I just got a BodyMedia Fit for xmas, so if you have one, let me know if there is anything I need to be aware of. If you are thinking about getting one, let me know and I can tell you what I like/don't like as I go forward with it. Hopefully, it will help me in reaching my UGW.
    Thank you for starting this group. I hope we all do well in the upcoming year. If you ever need someone to be happy/sad/frustrated/ecstatic with, I'm here for you. The community of MFP is what makes it so great.
    Serena