Here we are again!

Options

Replies

• mhrodriguez44
    mhrodriguez44 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hello! My youngest son is turning 3 this month, so I can't blame it on the baby weight anymore! One pound a week sounds do-able and would put me close to my goal weight by the end of the year...here goes nothing!
  • beccap72
    beccap72 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Couldn't have said it better, "HERE I GO AGAIN". Really wanting to get to goal weight and 52lbs sounds wonderful!!! It's a new year and I'll do great until March/April and fall off the wagon and not get back on. I'm hoping that by being active on this site that I can find that extra motivation when I get burned out and tired of tracking. I've done WW, Atkins and taken almost every pill out there. I know about good foundation foods and exercise. What's going to be different this time? First, my goal is to be more active physically and mentally. I'm challenging myself to blog, post and read others blogs and posts, daily. Looking forward to getting to know you all and taking this journey 1 pound at a time:flowerforyou: !!
  • SimplyEee
    SimplyEee Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Lets goo! I'm a single mother of an 8 year old beautiful boy and a 13 year old fabulous girl ! Joined this past summer, and would like to lose 60+ and ready to get back on track since the holidays are about to be over !
  • edgardy160
    edgardy160 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Wuhuu, I'm in.
    My name is Edgar.and I want to be able to lose some 40ish pounds for 2013.
  • cosoules
    Options
    I'm only looking to lose about 20 lbs but I love all of the awesome motivation in this group :) My biggest problem, also, will be keeping off those 20 lbs! Having a goal for the entire year is ideal.
  • beccap72
    beccap72 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Just wondering if everyone is following the recommendations by MFP or are you following some other "plan" & if so which one? I'm not sure if this is the place to get help/suggestions for a 1200 calories/day ideas or not, I've looked for groups but haven't come across one yet. If any of you can recommend one, please let me know.
  • FuzzieJelly
    FuzzieJelly Posts: 848 Member
    Options
    I follow MFP. I used to do Weight Watchers. The only difference between the two are points vs calories. They are both good programs. I had to stop going to WW cuz I couldn't afford it anymore (go figure they wanted me to pay $$$) lol...

Good luck in whatever you decide.

Melanie
  • uniquesarah
    uniquesarah Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    hi im sarah from england count me in i am 210 pounds and losing 52 pounds would be great
  • valcladdagh
    valcladdagh Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Hi!
    My name is Val and I have been on MFP for about 4 1/2 months, down 35.5 lbs, been at a standstill the last few weeks with the holidays, but gearing up for the new year and a fresh routine! I am in!
  • MarielenaC
    MarielenaC Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I'm in!!! :) Let's do this!!!
  • lkenn67
    lkenn67 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Hello all.
    I have been on my weight loss journey forever. I will get close to goal then get preggers. My youngest is now 5 so I can't blame baby weight anymore. And my oldest is 18 so this has been almost a 20 year roller coaster ride of weight loss and gain. I was within 10 lbs of goal at the end of 2011. Then I herniated a disc in jan of 2012. Needless to say the past year has not been my best. I have gained back almost 20 lbs from my lowest. And I am feeling totally discouraged. I know I can do this. The idea of starting over is daunting, but having supportive friends will help.
    Thanks Lelah
  • zoeysmom08
    zoeysmom08 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Would love to join! I'm Lisa and have been married for almost 24 years, have one daughter that is married. I so need this challenge to get me back to my goal!
  • KAR1959
    KAR1959 Posts: 4,262 Member
    Options
    I'm Kathy from Georgia. 52 pounds would get me close to my ultimate goal of 60-70 pounds. Count me in! The motivation and support will be great. Please feel free to add me. Let's do this!!!
  • rethadiet
    rethadiet Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hi I am Retha. Count me in.
  • nresides
    nresides Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    My name is Niki, I am 27, married 8 yrs, proud mama to 4 yr old daughter, but I wanna be a milf by the time she starts kindergarten, can I get a hell ya!
  • 2manyhats
    2manyhats Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    I'm Julie, 48 years old, mom of 4, grandma of 4. I am so in! I joined awhile ago and initially made progress,then excuses and my ex-friend (Captain Morgan) got in my way. Taking the new year by the horns! I think that I will be happy with any pounds lost at all! We start biggest loser next week at work, so it's a double whammy! lol!
  • FuzzieJelly
    FuzzieJelly Posts: 848 Member
    Options
    My name is Niki, I am 27, married 8 yrs, proud mama to 4 yr old daughter, but I wanna be a milf by the time she starts kindergarten, can I get a hell ya!

shoot yes!!!!
  • scpeach04
    scpeach04 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I'd love to join! I am 17.1 pounds in to my overally goal of 112 pounds to lose. I started a weight loss challenge on 10/9/12. My goal had been as follows:

1/8/13 25 # total

3/26/13 40# total (I am having jaw surgery on 3/27/12 and will be on soft food diet and no exercise for several weeks)

5/19/13 50# total (I am making assumption of weight loss based on soft diet as above)

10/9/13 (one year total time on new health plan) 100# lost

1/1/14 goal would be to reach GOAL 112 pounds down this averages 1.75# per week.

Honestly the less agressive 52 pounds gone in 2013 also sounds fantastic! I will shoot for this and be estatic if I end up reaching above outlined goals too!
  • caglechick87
    caglechick87 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    My name is Nicole I am a 25 and I have a sixteen month old daughter. I gained my weight gradually up to 180 pounds because I got hit by a car and kind of yo yo dieted after that between my physical therapy working I would lose weight when it worked and when it wore off I would gain it back. After I had my daughter my weight went up to 190. I lost down to 183 now and so I just need to lose the 52 pounds and I will be at my ideal weight. This group would help me a lot with that. I deal with chronic pain and treated depression even though it does creep back up once in a while. I hope to get to know you all better by doing this challenge with you this year. =)
  • LJA1968
    LJA1968 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    My name is Leslie. I'm a 44 year old mom of two girls aged 19 & 21, wife of a great guy for almost 24 years, and I work full time as a real estate secretary. Needless to say I'm not very active at work. Weight has been an issue for me since after my 2nd daughter was born. It's amazing how it creeps up on you. I've tried WW and it did work, just don't want to pay to lose weight. I like MFP and all the support on here. I had a hysterectomy in July 2011 and decided to really get serious about my health at that point. LOL, I did, for a while. Went from 220 down to 195, then back up to 220 again. I went gluten free this past summer and have found 2 things. First off, my joints don't hurt so exercise is actually enjoyable. Second, no more cravings for muffins, bread, cookies, cupcakes, etc. It has made the world of difference. This group is just what I need. Thank you for starting it and if you've read this far, thanks for listening. 52 lbs will bring me to goal of 140. Lost 27.5 so far and weigh less than I have in about 10 years.