January Challenge - Me vs. The Binge

Options
Welcome!!

Well this challenge is a challenge with youself. The challenge is to for you to win in the fight against "The Binge". Many of us struggle with binging and a few of us have found that making "The Binge" a person has helped us fight the emotions or urge to binge.

So the objective of the challenge is to have more days for you (Me) than the "The Binge".

When you have a day you do not succumb to binge urges or binge give yourself (ME) a point. When you give in to the urge to binge you give 'The Binge" a point. No beating yourself up about it because tomorrow is another day. Honesty with yourself is crucial for it to help you and others.

So we keep score with ourselves the whole month. We encourage on another along the way. Please feel free to share you ups, downs, successes, struggles, etc. You will find you are not alone. See below for format. Feel free to use it or use your own format. This Challenge keeps you mindful of binging and the daily support and accountiability helps also.

Check in often. The more you check and share the better you will do for the month. So are you in? You are stronger than the The Binge. One day at a time.

January 2013:

Me (or you can use your user name or real name) - 0
The Binge - 0

***** ATTENTION *****
This request is not meant to offend anyone. I am requesting that people please refrain from mentioning specific foods on this particular binge thread. This is what is used in most thearphy groups for BED. When I was in BED therphy in 2011 we were not allowed to mention specific foods. It could lead others to think about foods that they otherwise would not think of and can trigger binges for others. Hope this makes sense.

Again this request is not mean to offend. It is requested as a means of support and consideration for others using this thread.

Thanks in advance for your cooperation.

Sincerely,
Mollie

Replies

• IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,350 Member
    Options
    January 2013:

Mollie - 0
    The Binge - 0

Log it all: 0 / 31
  • Lovinmyself1st
    Options
    I'm in!

January 2013:

Theresa - 0

Binge - 0
  • greekygirl
    greekygirl Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm trying this again....hopefully will have more binge-free days in January than I did in December.

All I hear about on the news this morning is weight loss. I already feel hopeless. I get discouraged because I expect to lose weight overnight or something, after one day with no binges. Not realistic. Gotta keep working on the bingeing and then the weight will take care of itself. The question I have to ask myself is, why am I not willing to let the bingeing go? What am I getting out of it? Because if I wasn't getting anything out of it, I would've quit long ago. I guess I need to look deeper.....

Happy 2013 my friends. Here's to a great new year! :drinker:
  • ObtainingBalance
    ObtainingBalance Posts: 1,446 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm trying this again....hopefully will have more binge-free days in January than I did in December.

All I hear about on the news this morning is weight loss. I already feel hopeless. I get discouraged because I expect to lose weight overnight or something, after one day with no binges. Not realistic. Gotta keep working on the bingeing and then the weight will take care of itself. The question I have to ask myself is, why am I not willing to let the bingeing go? What am I getting out of it? Because if I wasn't getting anything out of it, I would've quit long ago. I guess I need to look deeper.....

Happy 2013 my friends. Here's to a great new year! :drinker:

You're on the right track, questioning it. "looking beyond the behavior" is the only way to solve it!
    Maybe like on another post I wrote, it's a way to lose self awareness, (basically escape) from any negative feelings.
    Could be comfort.. a lot of people go to food for comfort alone.
    There is probably something you're not happy with in your life or wih your thoughts/emotions... maybe yourself. Something you're beating yourself up for? Next time a binge comes, really really pay attention to how your body feels and what your thoughts/emotions are (that's why journaling is great ) ... do you feel an emptiness? Sad? Happy? ETC.

Good luck... working on the same thing.. I find it helpful reading articles/books about it, in order to understand it better. Feels like I can stop them easier when I know why/how .
  • ObtainingBalance
    ObtainingBalance Posts: 1,446 Member
    Options
    I'm excited to start this month out! :flowerforyou:

Me: 1

The Binge: 0

I have a mini calendar on the wall... and to the days I do not binge, I put a simple smiley face on that day. (:

Quote I posted somewhere in this group awhile ago:

"Binging because you went ‘off your diet’ is like killing someone because you accidently injured them. "

Lol, true.
  • IowaJen1979
    IowaJen1979 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I really need this right now! I have spent the last few weeks digging to the heart of my binging problem and am ready to take control!

January 2013:

Jen - 0
    The Binge - 0

Log it all: 0 / 31
  • amy_kee
    amy_kee Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    I am glad to be with you all.

January 2013

Amy -- 0
    The Binge -- 0
  • danifo0811
    danifo0811 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    I'm in too!

January 2013:

Dani - 0

Binge - 0

less than 8 binging days is my goal!
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,350 Member
    Options
    "Binging because you went ‘off your diet’ is like killing someone because you accidently injured them."
    Love it!!
  • anorangie
    anorangie Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    January 2013

Bea: 0
  • wilmawm
    wilmawm Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Well I'm back. December is over. The Binge is at 0 again. This month I'm logging it all. I know that if I had kept checking in here last month the Binge would have lost its power over me.

Today I'm going to concentrate on getting through today.

Mo: 0

Happy New Year, all!
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    I am in.
    Sadly, I must count today as a binge day as I ate about 200g of chocolates before bed, lol.
    Aim to have less than 10 binge days this month.

Me - 0.
    Binge - 1.
  • MSWDiet
    MSWDiet Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    SOMETIMES THE BINGE FEELS LIKE THE STRONGER "PERSON". PERHAPS THIS WILL HELP ME TO MANAGE IT ONE DAY AT A TIME. THE BINGE HAS HAD ME THE LAST FEW DAYS BUT I'M SHAKING IT LOOSE. BINGE GETS THE 30TH, 31ST, & 1ST UNTIL NOW. BUT, IT IS MY TURN TO THRIVE. THE BINGE WILL NOT TAKE ALL OF TODAY FROM ME. THE REST OF NEW YEAR'S DAY BELONGS TO ME.

MSW
    ( I'M NOT YELLING I'M JUST HARD OF SEEING ;-) )
  • Jul158
    Jul158 Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    Here we go!

Binge: 0
  • eschorre
    eschorre Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Happy New Year everyone!!!

Elizabeth 1
    Binge 0
  • Punkedpoetess
    Punkedpoetess Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    I never finished last month's challenge, due to having a bunch of binge days. However, I am determined to do this for the whole month this month. Here is where I stand so far:

The Binge - 0

Logged days: 1 out of 31
  • peanutbutterrunner
    Options
    I'm going to try this out this month. Good luck everyone!

Michelle - 1
    The Binge - 0
  • BuffyEat2Live
    BuffyEat2Live Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Too bad that I found this after a binge! Or actually I guess it's good that I found this. Thanks for this. I'm in!!!

Me: 0
    The Binge: 1
  • towens00
    towens00 Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    January 2013

December 2012: 19/12

Terry - 1
    The Binge - 0

Logging days - 1 / 31
  • pmet
    pmet Posts: 7 Member