Introduce yourself!

Options

Replies

• anetka21
    Options
    Hi guys,
    I'm Aneta and I'm starting JMBR as soon as it arrives.
    I'm 29yrs old, and I am an accountant... I need to lose about 30 pounds but would love to strive for 45 by the end of the year.
    It is difficult for me to lose weight bc I have pocs, as well as thyroidism so the weight tends to creep up out of nowhere... but it also creeps up from junking cheating lol.... anyways... I hope this program works and I will lose my weight. I am also getting married in 2014 so I want to look good and comfortable in my own skin :)

Happy New Year.
  • thogan03
    Options
    Ladies, it did take him a while to start. He's watched me over the past several months doing different dvds and could see the difference in my strength and stamina so he finally decided to join. It also helps that we are going on vacation to Cabo next year and told him he could not wear a shirt on the beach. He also has a physical job where he is on his feet all day and he definitely did complain the first couple of days that he was sooooo sore. While it still stretches and strains him, he has noticed a vast improvement in his physical performance. Good luck getting your hubbies to do it. It's so worth it.

Btw, my favorite Jillian is Ripped in 30...and Killer Buns. :-)
  • Greg3705
    Greg3705 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Three days in, workout only not planning to follow meal plan. Wow cardio 1 almost finished me off and makes me wonder if I am going to be able to progress. Any other men I'm this group?
  • JessicaBR0
    JessicaBR0 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Three days in, workout only not planning to follow meal plan. Wow cardio 1 almost finished me off and makes me wonder if I am going to be able to progress. Any other men I'm this group?

Greg, you will progress. I felt the same way you did. You will find in the coming weeks you will get a lot stronger! Don't worry about getting the moves down perfectly every time as Jillian says "It's about progress, not perfection."

Hi Everyone,

I'm Jessica, currently on weeks 7 and 8.
  • claireplum
    claireplum Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the add dawn, and hello to everyone else! I am Claire, 25, and have to date lost 49lbs using MFP. Thinking there is about 25 more lbs to go but that is subject to change!

Best of luck to everyone starting the revolution programme...looking forward to sharing your successes. :-)
  • Mazzela5
    Options
    Hi Everyone: Thank you Dawn for starting the thread. I think accountability is good for motivation. I am a 45-year-old mother of 3 (22, 10 & 6). I am married to a wonderful man who is very supportive. I have never really had a weight problem until the past five years. I have a lot of hormonal issues and I suspect that diet and exercise might actually help straighten things out for me and make me feel better. I used to be very devoted to exercise but the last four years have lost motivation. I am going to recommit and am glad there is a group to check in with. I just found MFP last night. I am going to start BR from the beginning so I don't hurt myself. Good luck and good results to everyone.
  • Roboartist
    Options
    Hey there. I am Kathy, 43, fun loving and artistic goofball. More about me in my profile. I am still in this phase of changes where I feel like the more I read the less I know. I make great attempts with eating well and exercising on purpose with occasional setbacks but I am committed to changing my habits forever and for the better. I don't follow a set program and am still sort of figuring out what works for me.

I am waiting on JMBR DVDs as my husband ordered through Amazon, they are projected to ship January 7-10. It looks like a great program to ease me back into an exercise habit.
  • a_new_dawn
    a_new_dawn Posts: 517 Member
    Options

Greg - i'm not following the meal plan either, and never have followed any meal plans! That didn't stop me losing 25lbs and getting to goal last year though! I find that keeping within MFP cals (and macros) does the job for me. Of course, i'm not dismissing the meal plan for others - i'm sure it's great and does speed up progress.....but i just can't do restrictive diets!

As for the cardio.. keep at it...you stamina will improve greatly. I felt the same as you not so long ago, but i promise you..it does get easier! There is a "Cardio 1" Topic if you would like to discuss this workout further?
  • a_new_dawn
    Options
    Welcome newbies, i'm hoping this group will be a useful tool in helping you achieve great results. Everyone sounds so enthusiastic so that's a really great start!

ENTHUSIASM + HARD WORK + COMMITTMENT = GREAT RESULTS!!
  • katjord
    katjord Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! My name is Kat I am 29 years old and have a 4 year old son. I started JMBR three days ago and have had trouble already staying motivated. My plan is to try to get in shape by my 30th birthday which is in April. My husband has been very motivating and has my back 100% The problem I am finding so far is the food. Is it okay to just pick some of the recipes and substiute things that are healthy or do I need to stick to her meal plan to the T? Any help would be great! Thanks!
  • LifeIsNotADressRehearsal
    Options
    Hello everyone! My name is Kat I am 29 years old and have a 4 year old son. I started JMBR three days ago and have had trouble already staying motivated. My plan is to try to get in shape by my 30th birthday which is in April. My husband has been very motivating and has my back 100% The problem I am finding so far is the food. Is it okay to just pick some of the recipes and substiute things that are healthy or do I need to stick to her meal plan to the T? Any help would be great! Thanks!

Don't give up Kat! I always think - it's only 30 minutes a day for 3 months. Those months will come and go and I will be SO happy if I do this compared to if I don't! I don't know anyone who has followed the food program but they do stick to their cal allowance. You MIGHT have better results by doing her food plan but if it makes you give up on the program all together, you sure won't :). Adjust where you need to so you can keep going!
  • LadyAce2010
    LadyAce2010 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi, I have actually had this for a year now and have pretty much mastered Phase one (because I have an infant who STILL isn't sleeping through the night and quitting and starting over has been my mantra), but this time I am dedicated to finishing the workout.

Now, I am not overly optimistic, I know my boundaries and working 6 days a week with 4 hours sleep, hungry kids, and a husband while eating these little 2 calorie meals is going to turn me into a Fire Breathing Dragon. :explode: But I am dedicated to 6-days for 90 days.
  • anjoneill
    anjoneill Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone

I am Angela and I have just celebrated my 52nd Birthday. I reached goal weight just before Christmas and am now hoping to maintain my weight in the longer term.

My JMBR arrived on 31 December and I set to that day with the first workout of phase 1 and also Cardio 1 as I knew that I would not be able to exercise today due to work commitments. I am hoping to change my body composition through the next 90 days to shift that last bit of middle age spread around the middle of my back.
  • wl4good
    wl4good Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone:)

My name is Sharonda. I have attempted to start this program twice before and I apparently have lousy timing. I've started again this week and 'm determined to finish it this time. Looking forward to seeing what my results will be if I push myself to the limit. Please feel free to add me if you are looking for some extra encouragement or accountability.
  • CricketKate
    CricketKate Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    My name is Kate I'm a 29ish (ok, I'm 34) mother of 4 children, 10, 8, 6, and 3. I started this workout at the end of the summer, but stopped half way through due to a month of stomach flu that struck my family. When everyone was well again, I had lost my momentum. I started again on New Year's Eve and am determined to get through this time.
  • LifeIsNotADressRehearsal
    Options
    Welcome everyone! This program is ONLY 30 minutes! We can do this! Really looking forward to see you all reach your goals (and the end of the program! :laugh: )
  • a_new_dawn
    Options
    Hello and welcome! I love reading your stories, but most of all I love seeing the amount of enthusiam and determination in your posts! If you believe, you will achieve! Sometimes it is very hard to find time to fit in a workout around a hectic life but if you do manage to schedule it in somewhere and keep dedicated to it it will become part of your daily routine, just like going for a shower and brushing your teeth! 2013 will be the year you become a body revolution graduate! And everyone is here to help you on your way!
  • a_new_dawn
    Options

Hi Kat, I'm not following the meal plan, I find any sort of diets restricting and it's time consuming for me to make alternative food "from scratch" for myself then cook for my family. Instead, I am taking items from the "yes foods" list and incorporating as many of them as I can as much as I can when planning my meals. On days that my family want less healthy stuff like chips and burgers I would just pop a weightwatchers meal in the microwave and bulk it out with lots of veg! I try my best to stay within mfp cals and macros and it seems to do the job for me.
  • mrunner2
    mrunner2 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hello All! So happy this group was started! I am Cheryl, 46, wife, mother of 4 boys. Can't wait to get stared doing the JMBR, just waiting for this bronchitis to clear up. Hopefully Jan 7, but in the meantime I am creating my food plan from the JMBR booklets. I would love to cook the meals in bulk and freeze to have ready instead of cooking each day. Has anyone done this? Having to cook a different meal from the family each day will only make me want to slack off. Looking forward to this journey with all of you!
  • Snoozypaws3000
    Snoozypaws3000 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Hi all,
    Am just waiting for my disks to arrive [hopefully they will be here on Saturday].
    Am very afraid that I'm not going to be fit enough to do it but am darn well going to give it my best shot.
    I have quite bad asthma and a bit of a dodgy knee but neither or those things have ever stopped me doing anything I've really set my mind on but I am hoping that joining this group will encourage me on and allow me to cheer on others in their efforts as well.

Wishing you all the best
    Sky x