Like Minded Lushes--January 2013

Replies

• nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 9,964 Member
    Yep, Chloe, the glass does make a difference. I totally agree.
  • SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    My stomach is now fine..but I've got the sore throat and stuffy nose thing going on. It's been forever since any of us have been sick..so I guess we should count our blessings. I was looking forward to a good workout today but I think I'll give the body some rest to get over this thing.

It's made for a very mild NYE and New years though. just a few sips of champagne on NYE and 0 yesterday. Maybe some red wine tonight..just for medicinal purposes of course.. and I'm making some marinara sauce and must open the wine for that. Must not let it go to waste. :wink:
    Good luck to you no, no peeps.
  • extraordinary_machine
    extraordinary_machine Posts: 3,028 Member
    I'll do soda and lime too...and I agree, the glass is key!

Sorry you're working with a B, Tobin. I just don't understand how people get their rock off by being a-holes.
  • bgrune131
    bgrune131 Posts: 703 Member
    Hello Lushes! Happy 2013! I cannot believe it is January already & we're starting a whole new year! Seems like the holiday season just flew by!

Work has been so crazy hectic the past 3 months that I've barely posted in here, but now I'm back & hope to keep up with all the postings!
  • jollyjax
    jollyjax Posts: 8 Member
    Must stay a Lush for at Least January ... was poorly over the main festive event and have a case of ale and a half full barrel in the garage ... but for me its one pint a night tops with break nights when its Tea

Set on losing 50 in 50 ... so its slow and steady for me ... I dont intend to lose pleasures like the odd pint.

Happy Losing and Lushing 2013 !
  • ryzeman
    ryzeman Posts: 870 Member
    Hi mcdebbie, if one is a heavy drinker suddenly stopping cold turkey can cause delerium tremmors and can be dangerous. Before retiring after 30 years in fire and ems we saw them occaisionally. They usually happened to those who stayed drunk for days to weeks and then quit. Take care and good luck!
  • kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Nothing last night and nothing tonight!!
  • ChLoE1130
    ChLoE1130 Posts: 1,696 Member
    2 zeros...29 left to go!

I did some major damage to my back during my workout yesterday. I got a little cocky with my jumps and I had to call into work. I probably won't be able to move much today but ill keep my eating in check.
  • bgrune131
    Kate & Chloe, way to go with no drinks!

I'm going to try for a no booze January, but that probably isn't going to happen. My friend is coming home to visit next weekend from San Fran for her dad's 50th birthday, so I'll probably just some...just wine or vodka, no beer for me this month!! And also, my birthday is on the 31st! I can't NOT drink for my birthday, right?!? That would just be wrong....

But I've gained so much over the holidays :( Like...6-7 pounds! I feel so gross. Need to get back on track with my workouts!
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    0 for me as well! It still hasn't been hard. But the weekend is almost here..... I'm all resolutionany right now though and ready to detox and stuff, so I'm still excited about not drinking. (Untill the 16th on my free pass day.)
  • SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    How is it possible for one person to produce this much snot? :noway:
    0 for me. Maybe my body wants me to do the no, no Jan with you guys cuz booze is the last thing I'm thinking about right now.
  • Kat120285
    Kat120285 Posts: 1,599 Member
    So proud of all you doing the no booze January. I won't even kid that I'll try, instead I'll help hold down the lush thread with the few not doing it =] I certainly enjoyed the holidays and all the food and drinks that came with them. Gained a few pounds as I feel puffy and the pants are a wee bit tight but I don't regret indulging at all, just means now it's back to healthy eats and getting work outs in!

New Years Eve started drinking in the morning with champagne and cranberry then sipped them all day. Ended up drinking 3 bottles between whatever time in the morning and 2:30 in the morning and since they were paced I felt fine on New Years day :smile: can't remember the last time I wasn't hungover on New Years day, it felt amazing. We spent that day having drinks and watching shows. Had 3 glasses of wine last night. Started my 2 week cleanse kit from Whole Foods and already felt slimmer this morning. Getting lots of water and keeping food in check. Mostly poofy right now thanks to TOM but that also keeps my appetite at bay so I'll take it.

We got our new fridge and oven yesterday, our microwave is coming today and tomorrow the microwave and new dishwasher will be installed. I have to laugh because this is what I get excited about now, new things for the house.

Husbands late night tonight, I'm guessing some wine and a nice bowl of organic, creamy tomato soup for dinner while relaxing with the fur babes :happy:

Happy New Year/January one and all!! :flowerforyou:
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Jan 1-0 drinks
    Jan 2-0 drinks

I got this! haha, not really sure I can continue...
  • bgrune131
    Kat, I'm probably just kidding myself that I'll be booze-free all January. I have a sneaking suspicion that by this weekend I'll be craving my wine. I just cannot help it!

I certainly indulged TONS over Christmas and NYE! But to be fair, I have been neglecting the gym something serious since about the end of October :noway:

So...back to the grind & hopefully I can "de-puff" and feel better soon...just as soon as TOM is gone....:embarassed:
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,029 Member
    Got another zero last night so that is 2. I have worlds worst headache and work is a total struggle but I am trying to hang in there.

Baby steps. No alcohol and kept my calories in check and did the dreadmill for an hour. That is 3 of the 6 things I wanted to accomplish yesterday. I guess it is better than not getting any of them accomplished.

Keep strong or Keep Lushing, whichever mood your in today!!
  • bgrune131
    I'm so weak! Hubby & I are going to a K-State Watch Party tonight for the big game...and of course, he buys me wine. How can I possibly resist?!?!? I'll just need to step it up & kick some *kitten* at the gym tomorrow!!

Go K-State!
  • kblue2007
    Well, no day 2 for me.....just had a shot and probably will have another!!
    oh well....
  • Kat120285
    Kat120285 Posts: 1,599 Member
    oh well....

I haven't poured any wine yet but it's coming!
  • kblue2007
    oh well....

I haven't poured any wine yet but it's coming!

3shots down and I'm done...maybe a teeny bit of wine....maybe :) enjoy!
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 9,964 Member
    I am totally impressed with the resolve to stay strong....thanks to others for keeping the thread going

9.6% of the way....Day 3