I confess- Single Peeps version

Options

Replies

• kristen6022
    kristen6022 Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    It's not my dream place, but for the expense (it's $40 less than my present 1 bedroom) and the convenience (stupid close to where we work) it will do for a year or two. Started packing last night. I feel a bit more relived that we have some sort of a plan.

Never underestimate the value in a short commute to work. I'm a huge believer that long commutes to work cause a lot of problems.

It's not just a short commute, it's about 1/4 mile away. We are also about 1/2 mile from the interstate too - convenient! I've always been one to be at least within 15 minutes of where you work - you save time, money and frustration. And I'll have an extra $375 a month to put into savings...
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    I confess we are not busy at work and that is worse then being busy because I slack off and don't even want to do the work that I have. When we are busy I don't have time to slack so I just get things done.
  • disneywm76
    disneywm76 Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    I confess I thought I might get fired this morning...........made a HUGE mistake. To the tune of millions of dollars. Not good. :sad:
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    I confess I thought I might get fired this morning...........made a HUGE mistake. To the tune of millions of dollars. Not good. :sad:

Oh no! Hope your day gets better! :flowerforyou:
  • RunIntheMud
    RunIntheMud Posts: 2,645 Member
    Options
    I confess that we got our W2s today! Woot!

My top resolution this year is to give back...especially within my family. I always take the kids on a big vacation every other year and this year they wanted to go to the beach. I've decided to get a beach house big enough for my family to come in and share with us. So, some of my taxes are spent already, but I'm sooooo excited!! It would be 11 adults and 8 kids if we could get everyone to show, but unfortunately, it looks like one brother and his family will be a no-show, so that cuts 6 out of our group. But, still very excited! :bigsmile:
  • DMZ_1
    DMZ_1 Posts: 2,889 Member
    Options
    I confess that we got our W2s today! Woot!

My top resolution this year is to give back...especially within my family. I always take the kids on a big vacation every other year and this year they wanted to go to the beach. I've decided to get a beach house big enough for my family to come in and share with us. So, some of my taxes are spent already, but I'm sooooo excited!! It would be 11 adults and 8 kids if we could get everyone to show, but unfortunately, it looks like one brother and his family will be a no-show, so that cuts 6 out of our group. But, still very excited! :bigsmile:

I confess that I don't understand why getting a W2 is a big deal.
  • RunIntheMud
    Options
    Means I can do my taxes.... I don't claim the exemptions I could with the kids through the year so that I can get a larger tax return at the end of the year. I also get a nice sized deduction for daycare expenses. Doing my taxes is like Christmas. :wink:
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options
    I confess that I hate everything about income tax and I hope it gets abolished. I would rather keep my money throughout the year and save it on my own instead of being forced to invest in failing government programs that I will never benefit from.
  • MissingMinnesota
    Options
    I confess my co-worker is eating peanut m&m's and I want to tackle him and eat the whole bag but today is my rest day so I can't cheat.
  • Jennifer2387
    Jennifer2387 Posts: 957 Member
    Options
    I confess my co-worker is eating peanut m&m's and I want to tackle him and eat the whole bag but today is my rest day so I can't cheat.

lmao .. this made me laugh out loud!!
  • RunIntheMud
    Options
    I confess that I hate everything about income tax and I hope it gets abolished. I would rather keep my money throughout the year and save it on my own instead of being forced to invest in failing government programs that I will never benefit from.

Absolutely agree, unfortunately don't see it happening.

MM - I had my peanut M&M fix at the movies the other night...YUM. Those and gummy bears are my weakness.
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options
    I confess I have a meet up with Mr. Smiles tonight at the bar. (Former F#$%Buddy) I think he wants to see if his spot is still avalible lol :wink: :bigsmile: :blushing:
  • Jennifer2387
    Jennifer2387 Posts: 957 Member
    Options
    I confess that it has started to snow .. yet again. grrrrrrrrrr
  • RunIntheMud
    Options
    I confess I have a meet up with Mr. Smiles tonight at the bar. (Former F#$%Buddy) I think he wants to see if his spot is still avalible lol :wink: :bigsmile: :blushing:

Woo hoo!! Get some! 3624emo-messbrasil.gif

I confess that we have gotten no snow yet this year. And, I'll be glad if it stayed that way. :)
  • jenbit
    Options

Woo hoo!! Get some! 3624emo-messbrasil.gif

I confess that we have gotten no snow yet this year. And, I'll be glad if it stayed that way. :)

I confess that is totally the plan :blushing: :bigsmile: :smokin:
  • MissingMinnesota
    Options
    I confess when I was talking to a recruiter today the option to move back to MN came up and I passed on it.
  • Lizi19
    Lizi19 Posts: 180 Member
    Options

You could have logged the calories that it would have taken you to tackle him :tongue:

I confess that I haven't posted in months, but I come to Single Peeps and lurk as often as I can.
  • jenbit
    Options
    I confess that I passed on Twirly last night because by the time he showed up at the bar I was leaving. I have coporate in the building today and had to get some sleep :grumble: Not a happy camper but apperantly a responsible adult lol
  • castadiva
    castadiva Posts: 2,016 Member
    Options

I confess that as a self-employed person I would infinitely prefer to pay my income tax at source, rather than have to deal with the mess that is my tax return (often in several different currencies) at the end of the tax year, and make sure I keep back enough of my income to pay the bill, without massively overestimating the bill (and incurring savings tax on money I would otherwise invest in a tax-free way), by underestimating allowable expenses. Trust me - if you have to pay income tax(and I can't see it being abolished any time soon in the Western world - we wish!:wink: ), far better that it comes out of your wages/salary//income before you receive them, instead of having a big bill to pay at the end of January (when we pay in the UK - a particularly nasty time of year to have a tax bill.).
  • MissingMinnesota
    Options
    since I can't actually do booby friday as my profile picture here since I know too many of my real life friends in my friends list. Here is the full picture of my current picture.

63FB4322-3E02-46C8-8F34-34ED3442F804-12134-0000061183FD0EC7.jpg

Sorry so big, I can't make smaller at this time.