Introduce Yourself Geek!

Options

Replies

• Zombella
    Zombella Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone, I am a 25 year old gamer and new mom!

Right now I mainly play COD: Black Ops II on the PS3. I also like to play The Sims series, and once in a while Runescape.

I plan to get down to around 140lbs, and now weigh 233lbs. I just got the okay from my doctor to go back to dieting and exercising, so here I am.

As of right now, I have lost 19 pounds.
  • timewiz13
    timewiz13 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hey there!

I'm 20, I'm a gamer, and I am DEFINITELY trying to lose weight.

I was doing amazingly well this summer, and then went back to college after and got back into eating junk food 24/7.

I love playing League of Legends, Counter Strike, Castle Crashers, any FPS basically, any RPG, any Single Player, etc.

I play just about everything TBH.

I started at 270 this summer, dropped to 248.3, and gained back up to about 258-265 (too scared to check).

Now, I'm going to try doing the M-100s to get back into shape, and balancing my food out.
  • DianaVictoria
    DianaVictoria Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Twenty two - Sci fi gamer and a Miranda Lawson Cosplayer.
  • Huzke
    Huzke Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Awesome group!

I'm 33 and single with two sons ages 8 and 5. I started gaming on the old NES. I remember getting it for Christmas from my grandmother and going home Christmas night to hook it up to the black and white (yes black and white! Boom, ding, 80's! haha!) television that I had in my bedroom. I remember how mad I was when I beat Bowser for the first time and the princess was in another castle, I was instantly hooked.

I was doing console gaming exclusively until I got the first Diablo game for my 17th birthday from my uncle. Probably the best birthday present ever. I eventually ran an active guild that gamed together for years in various other games. My next game, which is my favorite game of all time, was Ultima Online. I played it on the OSI/EA servers for a few years and I have many of my fondest gaming memories from those days from '98 to '01. After EA made many changes that prevented me from having as much fun as I thought worth the monthly subscription fee my friends and I moved on to Dark Age of Camelot about a month after it's release. We had a fantastic time playing that game and did so for many years. I still re-activate about once a year to reminisce. I just don't have the time to play an MMO with so much required grinding anymore, alas.

Now when I game it's mostly on PS3 (Huzke on PSN) or I log into a free UO server and mess around on my bard. I love the Elder Scrolls series, especially Skyrim. I'm planning on playing Elder Scrolls Online when it drops as well.

Outside of PC/Console gaming I just started doing some Pathfinder tabletop gaming with my two sons. I wanted to try it and it was Christmas so i picked up a beginner's box and Rise of the Runelords mission book and we're playing through that. They absolutely love it and it's pretty good for their developing math skills. It's like story time, flashcards, and stabbing goblins in the face all rolled into one!

I just started using the MFP forums this weekend. I had no idea the forums and groups existed. I put MFP on my phone about a year ago and didn't really touch it until two months ago. I've lost about 35 pounds (hopefully more once I weigh in tomorrow). I used to weight over 300 pounds two years ago. Early last year I got down to 190 pounds but I gained a lot back, weighing in at 240 pounds. October 26th my girlfriend of almost a year broke up with me. The following Monday I changed my diet, got back into the gym, and started working my *kitten* off again. My sons deserve a happy, healthy, and confident father that values himself enough to improve maintain. My goal is to get to 160 lbs and single digit bodyfat.
  • cartergabbyme
    cartergabbyme Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm a 32 year old geek that is finally tired of being overweight. I game using PC, PS3, and Wii. Love my FPS (especially Bad Company), racing, and flight simulators. Been gaming since the good old Atari days. I still have the original Nintendo Game Boy that I pull out every now and then.

Just trying to figure out the baby steps to getting a better, healthier life going for me so I can accomplish my daydreams.
  • kyricus
    kyricus Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Hey, nice to see this group here. From some of the ages I see, I feel like the very old man of the group.

I'm a PC gamer, have been since I can remember. I play a big mix of games but a lot of MMO's. I beta'd the original Everquest when it came out and played that for years and years. I currently play Eve On Line and Rift for MMO's and am finally getting close to finishing the main questline in Skyrim. When I don't feel like thinking much I load up Battlefield 3.

Good to meet you all.
  • NoeleenTrueman
    Options
    Hi...Well I must be the "crone " of this group,looking at the ages posted. I started playing after watching my kids ...Love the "slash and hack" games...like GOW! Don't play as much as I used to in my badly depressed days. Started losing weight on Body Trim in August~Love the program. Was directed here 1 day ago. Like what I've seen so far.Feel free to add me.
  • Secret_Cyclist
    Options
    Hi

I'm Warren from Gloucester, UK. I'm a 36 year old guy and I've been gaming for over 30 years now.

I love MMO's and I'm somewhat addicted to WoW (even though I'm trying to leave the game alone lol - been playing since day 1), but I will play just about anything. Currently playing through Skyrim, FarCry3, The Walking Dead, X3TC and more!

However, being sat on my *kitten* gaming means that My weight has increased. So for 2013 I'm looking to shed the pounds whilst still enjoying games. I'm aiming to balance exercise and gaming by rewarding myself with time in games based upon how much exercise I've done!

Wish me luck lol.

Please feel free to add me. Would love more like minded people as friends.

W
  • deepestpuddle
    Options
    Hey all,

I'm D, 31 years old, from the Netherlands. I like reading fantasy and Sci-Fi. Love dancing. Have my bachelors in Art but working at a temp agency at the moment.

I've always played console games but the latter years i've drifted towards handheld games, I just find it easier to pick up and to put down.

I love the Zelda series, I thought Skyward Sword was a wonderful experience. I'm also fond of the Professor Layton series, Golden Sun, Boktai, just to name a few. Most of them for the GBA or DS handhelds.

I'm a WoW player as well. I don't raid much, once a week if I feel like it. I'm loving the Pandaria scenery. The Blizzard art team always does a good job.

At the moment i'm still trying to lose a few pounds. I've reached my original goal some time ago and i'm in the process of toning up.

Fellow geeks feel free to add me!
  • mairinosteen
    mairinosteen Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hey y'all,

I'm a 23 year old console gamer who has been loving video games since before I could talk and played on my (and my siblings) Super Nintendo. I still play that same SN every once in a while since it has my favorite versions of Zelda, Mario World, and Mario Kart. I also love Dragon Age, Kingdom Hearts, Fable, and Soul Calibur.

I just joined MFP so I still have a lot of weight to loose but with work and time hopefully I can cosplay as Zelda without looking bad.
  • MonsterToBe
    MonsterToBe Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I'm 41, and I've been a gamer since Zork and Atari -- my fav back then was Joust. One of my earliest games was Battle Chess -- any time you captured a piece, there was an animated battle between them, and each piece combo had different ways of killing/being killed. I'd love to see the graphics now. They seemed so awesome when I was 8 or 9 or however old I was, and now they'd probably be scary. lol

In high school I discovered D&D and became rabid. After getting married, my husband and I played together, and later discovered Magic The Gathering, which we've recently taken up again. For a long time, Quake 3 Arena was my main addiction, and later it was MapleStory, and eventually WoW. My gaming moniker was always geekwraith.

After carpal tunnel surgery didn't quite help enough, I had to give up any sort of electronic gaming, but now that I'm so focused on improving fitness, I'm finding ways to game it! I'm loving Fitocracy (leveling up for workouts? How perfect is that??), Dance Central for Kinect, and most of all I love Zombies, Run! I'm doing a Couch to 5K program (just finished week 4) and I swear, running is ridiculously fun when you're doing it in a zombie apocolypse scenario and have to evade zombie hordes and collect items to build up the survivors' base as the story unfolds over multiple run missions. I even have a special zombie playlist so the music is appropriate. Then when I get back home and sync, I hop online and build up my base. I actually hate taking rest days!

Anyway, hi. lol
  • wsalusky
    wsalusky Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hey Rlandbeck!
    One of my earliest games was Battle Chess -- ..... I'd love to see the graphics now. They seemed so awesome when I was 8 or 9 or however old I was, and now they'd probably be scary. lol

I do believe the game you are referring to is Archon. I loved it myself, and I found a little bit of video on youtube showing how bad *I MEAN AWESOME* it was. Graphics in the 70's were amazing weren't they?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dfk8dLlV_i0

Hi all, I'm 40, and live in the Washington DC area, though Northern Virginia specifically. I've always been an FPS PC Gamer. All of the Quake's, UT, and Battlefield releases were my favs! I'm splitting time between BF3, MechWarrior Online and Borderlands2 these days. Oh, and any zombie killer game always gets me going. ;)

W
  • derekracca
    Options
    Hi I'm new to MFP and love it! I make video games for a living working on Call of Duty. Glad there are some gamers on MFP!!
  • JTKamz
    JTKamz Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hello there.

Name is Tony. 30 yrs old, Happily Married to a Beautiful very understanding Wife with whom I have 3 very energetic children.
    After being with my soul mate for over 8 years, I got "Comfortable" and let myself go. A lot of that is also due to snacking and gaming many hours, and living a 3rd shift life. I was in denial for so many years that my weight was starting to become a problem. I was also in denial that there was a program that could work for me, until my wife joined MFP about 2-3 months ago and has lost over 20lbs, I figured if she could do it, then dammit, so can I. Lol. So as cliche as it sounds, my promise to her was with the new year, I'd find a new me under all this weight and atleast make the attempt to better myself and try to get healthy. So far in the 6 days since I've joined I have lost over 7lbs. My current goal is to lose between 60-70lbs. No real time-frame to do it, so long as it stays off.

Now to the fun part.

I am a big time gamer, I have had almost every system since owing a NES, and Sega Genesis. But my current favorites are my self-built PC, and Xbox 360. I am a big MMORPG Junky, but currently I seem to be having a rough time finding a game I really want to stick with. As far as consoles go, I am big into RPGs, Racers, and Sandbox titles such as GTA and Saints Row. I do play FPS from time to time, but would easily turn them off to jump on a RPG.
    I am a HUGE Zombie geek, and spent many many hours on the DayZ MOD in its early Alpha stages. But my obsession for Zombies expands past gaming and is pretty much present in all types of platforms.

Sorry for the wall of text, but for those of you that actually read through it, or even the ones that skipped to the end, I am always looking for more friendly motivation on MFP, so feel free to add me if you wish.
  • DoomCakes
    DoomCakes Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Deanna, I'm a WoW addict, and some other games. I think I respond better to my online names of DoomCakes, or WoW name Raelyne. I'm a 24 year old girl, I've been playing games since I was walking. (Real games, not the sims, neopets, or farmville) I'm in a commited relationship for almost 3 years now with a guy who I have corrupted into further game nerdom, he turned to WoW about 2 years ago and I raised him from a little nooblet! So proud of him -tear- But, he has a naturally high metabolism, so the long nights of raid snacking and expansion release pizza gorging did not really effect him at all. But me, I put on a solid 50lbs since I started. I play a variety of games from MMO's to just console games. My favorite game of all times is Zelda. It was my first video game ever, and still the love of my life!

I used to role play a lot, not so much anymore. Mainly because roleplaying has changed and I don't feel like keeping up with it. They made it more about how pretty can your post look vs. how awesome your post is. Yea, not in to that. I want to LARP, but my friends... "friends" don't like that idea of geekdom. They might not be friends much longer, I don't like girls that claim to be gamers but can't play more than just ONE game or have to have someone level their toons for them. Shame.

I'm a tomboy, I used to be active in high school and played soccer and all that fun stuff. Was in the FFA, two years an officer even. I want to get back into being active, but I want to continue my reign as the fearless horde who loves to slay countless alliance characters. Maybe work out between the repeated assault that results in me not being able to rez with out 10 alliance on me. (Totally worth it)

I've lost a good 10lbs so far, just started turbo fire, today is day 2. Hoping to lose more and maybe change up some of those raid snacks. xD
  • IryshWhiskey
    IryshWhiskey Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    HI! I am a 26 year old video game geek. Like everyone, I've been gaming since I could hold a controller, and I never stopped. I prefer RPGs, MMORPGs and FPSRPGs (Bioshock, Fallout 3). I am a competitive person who gets every achievement I can and loves PVP! I was gladiator nearly every season in WoW.

My favorite all time games would be the Zelda Series, Kingdom Hearts, Fallout 3, Mass Effect, WoW and recently Guild Wars 2... but honestly, the list goes on and on. I have nearly every system invented since Atari and I enjoy playing all of them still. (Though since I put emulators on my newest gen systems, the original ones are collecting dust).

I LOVE the idea of a group of gamers supporting each other to lose weight. Gamers are my favorite people in the universe, and it sucks that our hobby of choice has left many of us a lil' chubby.

Think how many thousands of millions of miles our characters have run in their respective universes. Why can't we benefit from that?! Lol.

Add me! <3
  • WilliamFrazetta
    Options
    Haiiiii! I'm a 20-year-old PC gamer :D I played WoW on and off for about six years now and will probably get back into it soon haha. I started out playing SEGA Genesis (Soniccccccccc) and progressed to the PC. I have all of the recent consoles and most of the older ones. My favorite games are Dark Souls, the Kingdom Hearts series, Pokemon and a bunch of others that I can't think of since it's getting kinda late o_o. My Steam ID/PSN/Gamertag is DeathDealer592; feel free to add me! I'm not looking to lose a HUGE amount of weight (15-25lbs), but it's about 10-15% of my current body-weight so it should be interesting :P Oh, I also play Pathfinder (essentially D&D) once a week. Add me here or anywhere else if you'd like! Good luck!
  • myhiatusreality
    Options
    Hey everyone,

Well I am a 23 (almost 24 year old) gamer girl, who started playing on the Genesis, unfortunately for my parents, I was more in love with Mortal Kombat 2 and Sonic rather then with the Lion King. I am now an avid PC/360 player and love everything RPG (although my favorite by far is Fallout 3). I also do a bit of tabletop using a D10 system called New World of Darkness. I have dabbled with WarHammer 40K and Magic the Gathering. Anyway, feel free to add me as a friend!
  • sashakearley
    Options
    Sup. I need to lose about 15 pounds. On the keto diet. First day. Had a bacon cheeseburger pie for supper. It's been difficult. Lewls. I'm really enjoying the new diet because for once I kind of have an idea at what I'm doing because bacon.
    Furthermore and most importantly i'm playing far cry and nearly done. Rather pleased with it. Favourite game for cooping is Uncharted 3. Any bros wanna coop on uncharted as i am lacking in coop buddies, hit me up!
  • Dahllywood
    Dahllywood Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    23 yr old gamer just looking to keep my maintenance, which is harder than it sounds. But I game on the daily, so feel free to add me :D.

Gamertag/Steam/anything = Dahllywood