Introduce yourself!

Options

Replies

• callikelly
    callikelly Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I'm Kelly.

32 years old and in a size 18. I think I've been in a size 18 since the 8th grade. I'm tired of being this size and never finding anything cute to wear, always wondering if people are talking about me.

So I love Jillian's DVD's. I own everyone of them. I lost 8 lbs once. But then gained it back.

I am following her food program as I've never done that before and that's probably why I've never lost a significant amount. It's about changing everything not just one thing.

Love that there are so many trying Jillian's Body Revolution at the same time. Hope to keep up and get motivated, and help to motivate.

I've officially started the kickstart today.
  • a_new_dawn
    a_new_dawn Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Welcome ladies, Thankyou for your posts! I hope this group will help you on your body revolution journeys, we are in this together...til the very end!
  • rigby724
    rigby724 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hello, I'm a 29 year old mother of 1. I'm planning on starting the program as soon as it arrives (hopefully by Friday). My husband has agreed to do the kick start with me and I'm hoping to wrangle him into completing the program to help keep me motivated! I'm looking forward to seeing some big results...I'm done procrastinating and ready to lose 20 lbs!
  • pinklion721
    pinklion721 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone. My name is Kelly and I am a mother of a 3 year old son. I have completed 30 DS and RIPI30 as well as dabbling in 6w6p and a few of her others. I find that I do best with her 30 min workouts and the ones that change up so I'm excited for this program!! I am a morning workout person so I am nervous about finding time to do the night cardio. I don't get home until 7 pm and my husband doesn't get home until 10pm. So dinner bath bedtime for my son is all me. But I am motivated and ready for this challenge!!
    I am looking forward to working with all of you and keeping each other accountable. Feel free to add me as a friend.
    My JMBR just got here yesterday so I'm starting today as soon as I finish typing. Lol
  • a_new_dawn
    Options
    Hello everyone. My name is Kelly and I am a mother of a 3 year old son. I have completed 30 DS and RIPI30 as well as dabbling in 6w6p and a few of her others. I find that I do best with her 30 min workouts and the ones that change up so I'm excited for this program!! I am a morning workout person so I am nervous about finding time to do the night cardio. I don't get home until 7 pm and my husband doesn't get home until 10pm. So dinner bath bedtime for my son is all me. But I am motivated and ready for this challenge!!
    I am looking forward to working with all of you and keeping each other accountable. Feel free to add me as a friend.
    My JMBR just got here yesterday so I'm starting today as soon as I finish typing. Lol

Welcome Kelly. I'm assuming you are doing the kickstart workouts as you mention the PM cardio? I am doing the kickstart plan but choose to do my workouts back-to-back mid morning as i won't have the time to do it in the evening. I know this is different to the scheduled plan, but i'm still getting my big burn in and a satisfactory workout.

Good luck with day 1! we're all here to help carry you through this!

Hello, I'm a 29 year old mother of 1. I'm planning on starting the program as soon as it arrives (hopefully by Friday). My husband has agreed to do the kick start with me and I'm hoping to wrangle him into completing the program to help keep me motivated! I'm looking forward to seeing some big results...I'm done procrastinating and ready to lose 20 lbs!

Hi rigby, thanks for joining!

I think it's cool that your husband is joining you for the kickstart! I'm sure that will be enough to tempt him into continuing with the rest of the programme. It's a shame that many men consider it to be a "women's workout" because it's really not!

I look forward to hearing about both of your progressions!!
  • suzanne63
    suzanne63 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    Hi
    My name is Suzanne.I am 49 years old.I'm a mother of 7 children ages 27 to age 9.I will be starting on the 7th.I'm really excited to be doing Body Revolution again.This is my 2nd time doing it.I did not do phase 3 last time.I want to finish it if I can this time.It's nice to meet everyone :smile:
  • ShawnKC928
    Options
    Hi, Everyone! My name is Shawn and I have previously tried to complete JMBR, but didn't have much luck following through. I realized that in order for me to be successful with any of my goals, I had to 1st get my mind right, which is what I have been working on the past week. I now have a plan in place, and I look to restart JMBR on January 7th.
  • Drrasmu
    Drrasmu Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hello all! I started doing medifast on may 1. Was having great success! Did the 30 day shred and decided I needed BR to get back in the groove after the holidays. Have done three days but plan on 'officially' starting Monday!
  • nakaiki
    nakaiki Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I just received the box and will begin tomorrow morning. :frown: I became a bit overwhelmed looking at the material and trying to figure out how to fit two workouts into my already tight schedule during the 7 Day Kickstart.
  • kirk1115
    kirk1115 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Hi, My name is Alicia and I am so excited to find a group of people that are going to also be doing Jillian's Body Revolution. I however will not be following her diet because I already eat clean and restrict calories with an occasional treat from time to time (mainly one day on the weekend)...Plus I am anti meat and looking at all her meat recipe's make me not want to eat at all...just joking:wink:
  • suzanne63
    suzanne63 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    Hi
    Welcome :smile: I am also not following her diet.We are a little bit poorer.So we don't have the money to get all the food on the diet.I do what you do and watch the fat and sugar in my diet.I do eat what I want one day a week too.I learned that from the Body for life program.It's called my fun day.It works for me :happy: I did eat waaay too much over the holidays and have a few pounds to lose now LOL.I really just want to tone up more now.
  • a_new_dawn
    Options
    Welcome Shawn, Drrasmu, nakaiki, Alicia & Suzanne.

Your body revolution journey starts here!
  • JennyNotSoSkinny
    JennyNotSoSkinny Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Hi all!!!!

newbie here. I did this program last year and successfully lost 30 pounds. I fell off due to working a second job, but I've reduced my hours and am starting the program again tomorrow since I know that it works. see you guys at the finish line!!!!!
  • LifeIsNotADressRehearsal
    Options
    Hi all!!!!

newbie here. I did this program last year and successfully lost 30 pounds. I fell off due to working a second job, but I've reduced my hours and am starting the program again tomorrow since I know that it works. see you guys at the finish line!!!!!

Wow! 30 lbs! That's very impressive! Welcome to the JMBR club!
  • a_new_dawn
    Options
    Hi all!!!!

A 30lb loss is amazing! You are a body revolution inspiration!!
  • tlallgood
    Options
    I am a new mother. My daughter is 6 months old and is the love of my life. I gained a lot of weight during my pregnancy (60 pounds) and now still have 30 to lose. I am hoping Jillian's BR will help! I love her other videos and find her to be very inspiring. I want to do the program exactly like she lays it out, but I have to add calories since I'm breastfeeding. I am working part time and watching my daughter, so I don't have a lot of time to work out. We will see how it goes.

BTW, I am new to myfitnesspal, but hope this helps me lose the weight!

-Tammy
  • a_new_dawn
    Options
    I am a new mother. My daughter is 6 months old and is the love of my life. I gained a lot of weight during my pregnancy (60 pounds) and now still have 30 to lose. I am hoping Jillian's BR will help! I love her other videos and find her to be very inspiring. I want to do the program exactly like she lays it out, but I have to add calories since I'm breastfeeding. I am working part time and watching my daughter, so I don't have a lot of time to work out. We will see how it goes.

BTW, I am new to myfitnesspal, but hope this helps me lose the weight!

-Tammy

Congrats on the birth of your little one - she's gorgeous!

I originally joined MFP to get rid of the stubborn pounds after having my son, i've lost 25lbs so far... and it's all thanks to Jillian - she's amazing!! I do give some of the credit to the people here on MFP too, they are all truly wonderful, so inspirational and motivational! I couldn't have done it without them.

Good luck on your body revolution journey!
  • Gana1017
    Gana1017 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hello, my name is Ana and I am 26 years old, am 5' 1 and weigh 151 lbs. I've been overweight ever since I can remember. In the summer I completed phase 1 of BR and lost 5 lbs but then lost motivation so I am restarting the program today. Good luck all :)
  • SanityStolen
    Options
    Hi!

I'm Kate, 22yrs and in college. I've been overweight my entire life and I'm tired of it. Recently started noticing my health is getting bad. I've got creaky knees and what looks like a bad hip. Wayy to young to have these issues. :p

This year started a "Weight Loss Challenge" with my boyfriend. He's trying to get to his six pack, I'm trying to get rid of the pouch. I have enlisted Jillian's Body Rev to help me win.

I might follow the meal plan, haven't decided. I'm in school and poor as all get out so I'm mostly going to be counting calories. Any tips for good eating on a small budget??

Oh, started today! So hopefully I'll be in the winners circle in 90 days!!
  • dreamkrisann
    Options
    Hi everyone, I just did my first workout today for JMBR. All I can stay is she rocks. what a great work and i felt so good. Good Luck to you all..