Ripped in 30 jan 2013 challenge!

Options

Replies

• KilannaFit
    Options
    I hope that I'm not too late to join! I started Level 1 Day 1 Wednesday. I was surprisingly much better last night, L1D2. I feel like my thighs are going to fall off, but I'm going to keep going. Hopefully, I'll be able to catch up with everyone else. I've got to go back and listen to how many days each level lasts.

Hi tdbernrd

Welcome to the group.

Day 4 down and I am feeling good. Managed the plank for a full 1m tonight with wobbling.

Thighs still killing :)
  • jaztoderan
    jaztoderan Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    my hamstrings are sore now after day 3 but in a good feeling way, no longer excrutiating. feeling good :) day 4 this evening.
  • lizz2013
    lizz2013 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Feeling it today but had more energy to put into it!

Is anyone using an HRM to measure the calories it burns? I need to get one so I know exactly!
  • tdbernrd
    tdbernrd Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Finished Level 1 Day 3 this morning. I had to take a break yesterday. My hamstrings were killing me. @KilanniFit-Kudos! I can't hold that plank but a few seconds. I'm always out of breath at that point. I need to work up to that. @Lizz2013-I used a heart rate monitor to calculate my calories burned. Each person's calories burn is different, and I like to know exactly what I'm doing.
  • jlanderson_12
    jlanderson_12 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I didn't post my last day of week 1 yesterday. I got through it even using the advance version for some moves. Today was my first day of week 2! Holly Molly Buddy :noway:

I can't even imagine what week 3 and 4 will bring. That was HARD work. Warning...a lot of planks. I feel like a big sweaty mess.

I am going to take a shower now and calm down, then maybe have some strawberries and more water. Phew..I made it through though.

Go ME :drinker: :bigsmile:
  • KilannaFit
    Options
    Jlanderson - Well done matey. Wish I had some strawberries right now :)

Lizz2013 - I have not been using one so I have been guessing

I thinking of investing in a HRM but I am meant to be saving for our house this year so I might have to go without.

TD - I have no doubt you'll be doing the plank for mintues at a time soon. I do feel I am getting fitter each time i put the DVD on :)

Took yesterday off to recover and wow what a difference it made to me. I think I am going to stuck to working out 6 days with Saturday off
  • tdbernrd
    Options
    I completed L1D4. I thought I'd try to do a beginner's pilates video. I caught a leg and booty cramp. LOL! I think I wore everything out after doing Ripped. :blushing:
  • FitFabFlirty92
    FitFabFlirty92 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    I'm starting Ripped in 30 today! :) I plan to do it 5-6 days per week.
  • jaztoderan
    Options
    I'm curious what size weights everyone is using?

I have adjustable weights and I've just been using the handles (3lbs each) for Week 1. I have a shoulder injury so it's good for chest flies etc but sometimes I feel like I could be using more weight (triceps, biceps). Maybe I should put the plates on to make it 6lbs for those moves?
  • FitFabFlirty92
    FitFabFlirty92 Posts: 384 Member
    Options

I have adjustable weights and I've just been using the handles (3lbs each) for Week 1. I have a shoulder injury so it's good for chest flies etc but sometimes I feel like I could be using more weight (triceps, biceps). Maybe I should put the plates on to make it 6lbs for those moves?

I got Jillian's 3lb. weights, the same ones they use in the video. :) I might move up to 5lbs. if I need to as I progress.
  • jlanderson_12
    jlanderson_12 Posts: 40 Member
    Options

I got Jillian's 3lb. weights, the same ones they use in the video. :) I might move up to 5lbs. if I need to as I progress.

In the first week I use 3lbs for shoulders because that is my weakest muscle. 5lbs for arms and 8lbs for back. Now in the second week I keep with the 5lbs. We use a lot of body weight and planks so weights are not used as much.
  • jaztoderan
    Options
    awesome, thanks guys! I put the extra plates on tonight and used 6lbs each for the first two circuits and then switched back to 3lbs for the last one since I struggle with the chair flies. felt better :) day 7 tomorrow already!
  • TrishPretti
    TrishPretti Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I wonder if I need to say I'm technically on day 2. I hadn't completed a full week of at least 6 workouts :( so I just started over Saturday night
  • lizz2013
    lizz2013 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Tried to do day 5 of week 1 today but only lasted 5 minutes. Going to accept that as I'm not well today will have to be my day off. Definitely improving each day, although those stacked feet side raise things kill me!
  • brenperez18
    brenperez18 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I wonder if I need to say I'm technically on day 2. I hadn't completed a full week of at least 6 workouts :( so I just started over Saturday night
    I also started over. I did day 1 & 2 on thurs & fri, but over the weekend did excercise bit not RI30, I was out of town and forgot my DVD. So I'm doing it over; today I'm on day 1!!!
  • brenperez18
    Options

I have 1 lbs and 3 lbs weight however I'm definitely gonna get heavier weights either today or tomorrow.
  • KilannaFit
    Options
    Whoop! week 1 done so starting week 2 tomorrow. Think I needed to work out tonight. Had the most lovely pasta dish but took me over 600 cals! came within limits but still :/

I am currently using 5lb because that is all I have right now.

Keep going ladies
  • brenperez18
    Options
    Whoop! week 1 done so starting week 2 tomorrow. Think I needed to work out tonight. Had the most lovely pasta dish but took me over 600 cals! came within limits but still :/

Keep going ladies
    Awesome!!! Congrats, can't wait for that!
  • tdbernrd
    Options
    L1D5 completed!! One more day to go:drinker:
    I'm definitely the wimp of the group. I've only been using 2lb weights. My arms are shaking right now.:tongue: You guys start over if you take one day off?!?Wow!
  • tdbernrd
    Options

Keep going ladies

Congratulations!! I can't wait to hear about week 2.